Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,383 members, 7,819,393 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:28 PM

How To Survive The No Admission Drama - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Survive The No Admission Drama (10604 Views)

No Admission For Students With Tattoos At Akwa Ibom University - V.C / No Admission For Awaiting Result Candidates This Year / How To Survive A Dog Attack (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Survive The No Admission Drama by Emeka71(m): 8:40am On Sep 22, 2016
Doing remedial programs like pre-degree or diploma is a better option.
Re: How To Survive The No Admission Drama by shumuel(m): 9:06am On Sep 22, 2016
justseyi:
Hello. Been a while I've been on here. Took me a long while to figure how to create this thread.

So over the years I've been a victim of the bad educational system in Nigeria. So I've come up with a few academic skills or ideas to admission seekers. I hope this works cous am hoping to be an educational consultant

1) Always have a back up plan - The mistake I made all the years of seeking admission was that I relied on only Jamb. And it cost me a lot of years. Jamb is good but make your research on other admission requirements that universities accept. An example is remedial you can enroll for the predegree / remedial program run by the school of your choice. This gives you at least 89% admission chance than Jamb. Also you can use a program like IJMB as a backup plan you might need to know that it was the saving grace for me that earned me my admission finally. And also diploma programs. Though expensive but worth it.

2 Catchment - Try as much as possible to pick a school that your state of origin falls under the catchment area. That way you have a higher chance of gaining admission.

3. Ask questions- Don't just think because you have 5 credits in your O level that you can study any course. Ensure you understand the major course requirements before picking the course on your Jamb slip.

4. Pray - Don't forget the God factor. Just because you were denied admission doesn't mean he has forgotten you. He hasn't. He probably planning the best school for you.

@bolded is Bea, didn't know about ''Pre'', IJMB, Remedial e.t.c until i got admission, and i was sad when i did because i wasted two years fighting JAMB, i believe students and admission seekers are mal-informed about this and this info should be passed on to student at secondary level so that they would had it on their option list.

God bless you op, have been wanting to share this information too but i get jetlag whenever i want to create a thread this year, don't know why.
Re: How To Survive The No Admission Drama by Risky005: 9:09am On Sep 22, 2016
hobermener:
Nothing irritates me like no. 2. Wtf is catchment area Brilliant students who are supposed to be offered admission are being turned down in favour of mediocres who happen to hail from a particular zone where the school is situated Nigeria still has a long way to go

Mister man catchment area admission is present in almost all countries including America, or don't you know that in America they favour blacks with lower scores than whites sometimes

1 Like

Re: How To Survive The No Admission Drama by justseyi(m): 9:24am On Sep 22, 2016
shumuel:
thank you so much for your feedback. Please don't let the jet lag bother you from giving information God bless you

@bolded is Bea, didn't know about ''Pre'', IJMB, Remedial e.t.c until i got admission, and i was sad when i did because i wasted two years fighting JAMB, i believe students and admission seekers are mal-informed about this and this info should be passed on to student at secondary level so that they would had it on their option list.

God bless you op, have been wanting to share this information too but i get jetlag whenever i want to create a thread this year, don't know why.
Re: How To Survive The No Admission Drama by justseyi(m): 9:28am On Sep 22, 2016
2SWT:
Nice points

Thank you.
Re: How To Survive The No Admission Drama by justseyi(m): 9:28am On Sep 22, 2016
Emeka71:
Doing remedial programs like pre-degree or diploma is a better option.

I won't leave out IJMB. That program is a life saver for most people.
Re: How To Survive The No Admission Drama by guiddoti: 9:30am On Sep 22, 2016
hobermener:
Nothing irritates me like no. 2. Wtf is catchment area Brilliant students who are supposed to be offered admission are being turned down in favour of mediocres who happen to hail from a particular zone where the school is situated Nigeria still has a long way to go
The funniest part is, the UK whom Nigerian universities copied its curriculum even have a long way to go, too. A Brit students who have interest in a Scottish universities have to pay X2 of the local Scottish students, that in a Democratic UK, So, vice versa for scot student in British universities.
Re: How To Survive The No Admission Drama by Nobody: 9:33am On Sep 22, 2016
I'd advise any admission seeker to go for a pre-degree program, really helped me a lot! Didn't gain admission the year I finished secondary school then I had to apply for a prescience program, didn't get my dream course tho but I got something very close. Still thinking of doing a change of course since I had a very nice GP(thanks to prescience wink)
Re: How To Survive The No Admission Drama by justseyi(m): 9:37am On Sep 22, 2016
sucreblazing:
i like street pass classroom

Street would teach you some things. School would teach you somethings a combination of both would make you a perfect man
Re: How To Survive The No Admission Drama by justseyi(m): 9:38am On Sep 22, 2016
JUSTbuchi:
I'd advise any admission seeker to go for a pre-degree program, really helped me a lot! Didn't gain admission the year I finished secondary school then I had to apply for a prescience program, didn't get my dream course tho but I got something very close. Still thinking of doing a change of course since I had a very nice GP(thanks to prescience wink)

Congrats on that. The only thing I have against predegree is the jamb factor. Schools don't admit people who don't reach a certain cutoff in jamb. But it's still a better option than just jamb
Re: How To Survive The No Admission Drama by hobermener: 9:39am On Sep 22, 2016
Risky005:

Mister man catchment area admission is present in almost all countries including America, or don't you know that in America they favour blacks with lower scores than whites sometimes

No sir in America they have in state and outta state, which applies to fees only. Not a basis for admissibility. Get your facts right
Re: How To Survive The No Admission Drama by sucreblazing(m): 9:43am On Sep 22, 2016
justseyi:

Street would teach you some things. School would teach you somethings a combination of both would make you a perfect man

maybe later. bt for nw, i love street
Re: How To Survive The No Admission Drama by justseyi(m): 10:00am On Sep 22, 2016
sucreblazing:

maybe later. bt for nw, i love street

It's well bro
Re: How To Survive The No Admission Drama by shumuel(m): 1:36pm On Sep 22, 2016
[quote author=justseyi post=49571442][/quote]
Thanks, maybe i'll find time to create the threads they are just too many.
Re: How To Survive The No Admission Drama by Temysteve(m): 1:48pm On Sep 22, 2016
justseyi:
Hello. Been a while I've been on here. Took me a long while to figure how to create this thread.

So over the years I've been a victim of the bad educational system in Nigeria. So I've come up with a few academic skills or ideas to admission seekers. I hope this works cous am hoping to be an educational consultant

1) Always have a back up plan - The mistake I made all the years of seeking admission was that I relied on only Jamb. And it cost me a lot of years. Jamb is good but make your research on other admission requirements that universities accept. An example is remedial you can enroll for the predegree / remedial program run by the school of your choice. This gives you at least 89% admission chance than Jamb. Also you can use a program like IJMB as a backup plan you might need to know that it was the saving grace for me that earned me my admission finally. And also diploma programs. Though expensive but worth it.

2 Catchment - Try as much as possible to pick a school that your state of origin falls under the catchment area. That way you have a higher chance of gaining admission.

3. Ask questions- Don't just think because you have 5 credits in your O level that you can study any course. Ensure you understand the major course requirements before picking the course on your Jamb slip.

4. Pray - Don't forget the God factor. Just because you were denied admission doesn't mean he has forgotten you. He hasn't. He probably planning the best school for you.
My ignorance made me write UTME 5 times consecutively. Thank God for this advice. I pray one will surely work out by God's grace.
Re: How To Survive The No Admission Drama by Temysteve(m): 1:50pm On Sep 22, 2016
CHANNELStv2020:
BUHARI IS TURNING PRESIDENCY TO FAMILY BUSINESS LIKE IN SAUDI ARABIA,WHAT IS ALL HIS FAMILY DOING IN UN?
this thread is not for politics man!
Re: How To Survive The No Admission Drama by justseyi(m): 2:30pm On Sep 22, 2016
Temysteve:
My ignorance made me write UTME 5 times consecutively. Thank God for this advice. I pray one will surely work out by God's grace.

If you need more consultations you can contact me on whatsapp. It's free ! 08094214558

1 Like

Re: How To Survive The No Admission Drama by ndat(m): 3:03pm On Sep 22, 2016
CHANNELStv2020:
BUHARI IS TURNING PRESIDENCY TO FAMILY BUSINESS LIKE IN SAUDI ARABIA,WHAT IS ALL HIS FAMILY DOING IN UN?
Hw this concern admission buhariphobia
Re: How To Survive The No Admission Drama by Temysteve(m): 9:59pm On Sep 22, 2016
justseyi:

If you need more consultations you can contact me on whatsapp. It's free ! 08094214558
thanks

(1) (2) (Reply)

Unilorin College Of Medicine Is The Worst In The Country. / Withheld Salaries: Uncertainty As ASUU Rejects Fg’s Offer / Jamb Change Of Course

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.