Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,748 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:57 PM

King Sunny Ade's 70th Birthday Is Today - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / King Sunny Ade's 70th Birthday Is Today (14428 Views)

King Sunny Ade And His 5 Wives (Pictured) / Sunny Ade Takes Over The Wheel From DJ Jimmy Jatt At Dangote's Party / King Sunny Ade's 70th Birthday Party (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

King Sunny Ade's 70th Birthday Is Today by lalasticlala(m): 8:03am On Sep 22, 2016
"King" Sunny Adé (born Sunday Adeniyi, 22 September 1946) is a Nigerian musician, singer-songwriter, multi-instrumentalist, and a pioneer of modern world music. He has been classed as one of the most influential musicians of all time.

In 1987, Sunny Adé returned to the international spotlight when Rykodisc released a live concert he did in Seattle and was given an astonishing embrace by fans across the globe who were eager for another international album release. who?

He soon employed an American manager, Andrew Frankel, who negotiated another three album record deal with the Mesa record label (a division of Paradise Group) in America. One of these albums was 1988's Odu, a collection of traditional Yoruba songs, for which he was nominated for the second Grammy Award and thus making him the first African to be nominated twice for a Grammy. Apart from being an international musician Sunny Adé is also prominent in his native Nigeria, running multiple companies in several industries, creating a non-profit organisation called the King Sunny Adé Foundation, and working with the Musical Copyright Society of Nigeria.

In recent times, hip hop music appears to be holding sway with the electronic media in Nigeria with massive airplays. Nonetheless, Sunny Adé's musical output has continued to inspire a vast generation of other Nigerian musicians, who believe in the big band musical set up which Sunny Adé and late Fela Kuti are noted for. The musician Lagbaja is one of the very many musicians whom Sunny Adé's music has inspired. In 2008, his contributions to world music was recognised; as he was given an award for his outstanding contribution to world music at the International Reggae and World Music Awards held at the Apollo Theater in Harlem, New York.

In the 1980s Adé embarked on a career in Hollywood. His music was featured in the 1983 film Breathless, starring Richard Gere, and the 1986 comedy One More Saturday Night, and he acted in Robert Altman's 1987 comedy O.C. and Stiggs.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_Sunny_Ad%C3%A9

11 Likes

Re: King Sunny Ade's 70th Birthday Is Today by tameera(f): 8:06am On Sep 22, 2016
Happy birthday to the music legend

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: King Sunny Ade's 70th Birthday Is Today by Nobody: 8:14am On Sep 22, 2016
hbd

3 Likes

Re: King Sunny Ade's 70th Birthday Is Today by 2odd(m): 8:16am On Sep 22, 2016
Hbd

1 Like

Re: King Sunny Ade's 70th Birthday Is Today by Daslim180(m): 8:20am On Sep 22, 2016
HBD.... I was listening to his song yesterday.

5 Likes

Re: King Sunny Ade's 70th Birthday Is Today by StephanieLuv(f): 8:20am On Sep 22, 2016
Re: King Sunny Ade's 70th Birthday Is Today by mrpapou: 8:21am On Sep 22, 2016
HBD daddy

2 Likes

Re: King Sunny Ade's 70th Birthday Is Today by justicejay(m): 8:22am On Sep 22, 2016
Happy birthday.
A living legend.
Is there no tread for those legend musician like olando owho, kayode fashola, empro, rolling dollar, kSA,abeni and so on....

9 Likes

Re: King Sunny Ade's 70th Birthday Is Today by Theultimate(m): 8:22am On Sep 22, 2016
Them say this baba sabi how to dance well well. HBD

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: King Sunny Ade's 70th Birthday Is Today by ab1x: 8:23am On Sep 22, 2016
Happy birthday, sir
Re: King Sunny Ade's 70th Birthday Is Today by yankeedude(m): 8:23am On Sep 22, 2016
Happy Birthday Sir ,King Sunny Ade– Sunday Adeniyi Adegeye. You are a living legend and an inspiration to so many today.

5 Likes

Re: King Sunny Ade's 70th Birthday Is Today by GoggleB(m): 8:23am On Sep 22, 2016
Happy Birthday to you sir..

Happy Birthday to my mum..

How many likes for her..

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: King Sunny Ade's 70th Birthday Is Today by bellenornor(f): 8:24am On Sep 22, 2016
HBD
Re: King Sunny Ade's 70th Birthday Is Today by Lanre4uonly(m): 8:25am On Sep 22, 2016
Happy birthday to a great musician! Wishing you many happy years ahead.
Re: King Sunny Ade's 70th Birthday Is Today by olexjay(m): 8:25am On Sep 22, 2016
Happy birthday to the music legend "King Sunny Ade"
Re: King Sunny Ade's 70th Birthday Is Today by Authoreety: 8:26am On Sep 22, 2016
HBD my nigga

1 Like 1 Share

Re: King Sunny Ade's 70th Birthday Is Today by ArabMopol(m): 8:26am On Sep 22, 2016
I'm not interested in juju music so I don't know him...

HBD old man
Re: King Sunny Ade's 70th Birthday Is Today by ArabMopol(m): 8:26am On Sep 22, 2016

HBD old man
Re: King Sunny Ade's 70th Birthday Is Today by bigyomite(m): 8:26am On Sep 22, 2016
HBD Omoba Adeniyi Sunday Adegeye, baba eleshi ni Bariga

4 Likes

Re: King Sunny Ade's 70th Birthday Is Today by moscobabs(m): 8:26am On Sep 22, 2016
I beg how old is Ebenezer Obey?

hbd sir
Re: King Sunny Ade's 70th Birthday Is Today by 2emgee(m): 8:27am On Sep 22, 2016
happy birthday to the king of music
Re: King Sunny Ade's 70th Birthday Is Today by Nobody: 8:27am On Sep 22, 2016
tameera:
Happy birthday to the music legend
He looks 50s even @ 70. shocked shocked Baba God, I beg pick OUR calls oooo

1 Like

Re: King Sunny Ade's 70th Birthday Is Today by oafolakemi: 8:27am On Sep 22, 2016
Happy Birthday to the Legendary KSA! smiley
Re: King Sunny Ade's 70th Birthday Is Today by juman(m): 8:28am On Sep 22, 2016
Happy birthday baba.

1 Like

Re: King Sunny Ade's 70th Birthday Is Today by olexjay(m): 8:28am On Sep 22, 2016
ArabMopol:

HBD old man
he's world wide known bro, he won Grammy awards and couple awards, he's one of the musical legend

9 Likes

Re: King Sunny Ade's 70th Birthday Is Today by Creamish(f): 8:28am On Sep 22, 2016
His song with Onyeka Onwenu still comes to mind.. I remember there was a rumour then that they were dating..

Happy Birthday Sir! cheesy

1 Like

Re: King Sunny Ade's 70th Birthday Is Today by Samnavy: 8:28am On Sep 22, 2016
Happy birthday to you,baba
Re: King Sunny Ade's 70th Birthday Is Today by cycline404(m): 8:31am On Sep 22, 2016
musician with great lyrics.
Only God knows if anyone will still remember all our current musicians in 10 years
Re: King Sunny Ade's 70th Birthday Is Today by ZACHIE: 8:31am On Sep 22, 2016
A week today, I saw KSA perform.
For a larger part of the performance, the King sat down.
A few times he stood up-to dance but just a few times.
His left hand had a motory inconsistency . But his voice was crisp and crystal clear.

The message

KSA will not live forever. Neither will anyone one of us.

This 70th birthday affords us all a chance to celebrate this iconic enigma . A man of immense depth and reachless reserve of talent and versatility.

Happy Birthday King Prince Sunny Ade.

Kitikiti kitikikiti
Kirakita kirakita.....

15 Likes

Re: King Sunny Ade's 70th Birthday Is Today by Frank3n2(m): 8:31am On Sep 22, 2016
Happy birthday to the king!!!

1 Like

Re: King Sunny Ade's 70th Birthday Is Today by nerodenero: 8:33am On Sep 22, 2016
King Sunny Ade and Chief Ebenezer Obey are two great juju musicians I respect.

Their songs are evergreen, filled with great lyrical content and always a delight to listen to.

KSA, truly a legend and happy birthday Sir. Once these artists are gone, it's safe to say that juju music is dead.

4 Likes

Re: King Sunny Ade's 70th Birthday Is Today by BANGERLEE1(m): 8:33am On Sep 22, 2016
happy birthday

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

“I Truly Regret Selling My Soul To The Illuminati - Lady Gaga / Nollywood Actress Princess Chidinma Shows Off Her Banging Twerking Skills(pics) / See How Yemi Alade Is Rubbing Her Big Boobs With That Of Her Friend (pics,video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.