Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,832 members, 7,820,915 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:30 AM

Dangote To Buy Arsenal FC In Four Years - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Dangote To Buy Arsenal FC In Four Years (507 Views)

Star Lager Beer Now Official Beer Partner For Chelsea Fc In Nigeria (picture) / Arsenal FC Celebrates Nigeria On Her Independence / Fc Ifeanyi Ubah Rob Ckc Fc In The Anambra State Fa Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dangote To Buy Arsenal FC In Four Years by wontiboje: 8:10am On Sep 22, 2016
Africa’s richest man, Aliko Dangote said he is still very much interested in buying Arsenal Football Club, one of the four leading teams in the English Premier League.

He made this known today in New York where he said he looks forward to buying the team in the next four years.

Last year, Dangote had made known his intention to buy the football club but, later shelved the decision.

Dangote is currently involved in a USD20 billion refinery project in Lagos. Coupled with his investments in Dangote Cement, he said he will want to focus on getting over with those before gearing up to go for the deal.

Dangote is worth about USD10 billion by Bloomberg billionaire index. Arsenal is said to worth about GBP1,7 billion based on its market capitalisation.

Dangote has not disclosed what he plans to do with the team but he told Bloomberg that he plans to run it better and it will not be “business as usual” when he is in charge.

Part of the reason for waiting for the next four years to make the offer for the football club is also as a result of the huge loss to his portfolio after the depreciation of the Naira (NGN).

In June, Dangote had confirmed that he has closed a loan deal with ICBC of China to further develop two of his Cement factories.

If for anything Dangote has just confirmed he has more on his plates than to focus on buying a football club.

Source: https://pageone.ng/2016/09/21/dangote-buy-arsenal-fc-four-years/
Re: Dangote To Buy Arsenal FC In Four Years by Nobody: 8:20am On Sep 22, 2016
av bin hearing dis since I was in ss2

1 Like

Re: Dangote To Buy Arsenal FC In Four Years by rusher14: 8:44am On Sep 22, 2016
There's the national stadium in Surulere for him. Always looking for low hanging fruits for consumption.

Re: Dangote To Buy Arsenal FC In Four Years by Abayor7: 8:51am On Sep 22, 2016
nnamdiokere45:
av bin hearing dis since I was in ss2
you're right but let me tell you a story..

in the year 01bc, my late grandpa told me his late grandpa told him his dad said Dangote want to by Arsenal fc
Re: Dangote To Buy Arsenal FC In Four Years by Horus(m): 12:56pm On Nov 08, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMa4u7Iig0U

[size=14pt]Aliko Dangote to buy Arsenal[/size]

(1) (Reply)

Premier League Giants Prepare World Record Transfer Fee For 29-year-old / VIDEO – Barcelona 4-0 Manchester City: Pep Guardiola’s Five Worst Defeats As Man / Gambia National Player Dies Travelling To Europe By Boat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.