Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,852 members, 7,851,900 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 10:00 AM

Admission Seekers! Look Beyond The Top Federal Schools - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Admission Seekers! Look Beyond The Top Federal Schools (509 Views)

I Am Ready To Pay 100 Admission Seekers Monthly Sub Of N1000 / Jamb Cut Off Mark For Top Federal Universities In Nigeria / Good News To All Admission Seekers 2016/2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Admission Seekers! Look Beyond The Top Federal Schools by justseyi(m): 9:52am On Sep 22, 2016
In my years as an educationist I have noticed one thing that disqualifies University aspirants from gaining early admission is "Fear"

Yes
1) Fear of distance. E.g the ones that would apply for Unilag every year till they give up

2) fear of name - e.g nobody wants to go to a school called EKSU because most of their mates claim they are in Uniben

There are various other fears that are there but these two are the common ones. Most Nigerian students only consider other schools after 2-3yeara of staying at home they then decide to settle for any school.

Am not staying you can apply for your dream school like Uniben, Unilag, Unilorin, UNN , UNIZIK OAU, Unibadan. These schools are great but you have to most times be a top dog either in Links , academics or finances to get into such schools.

So before registering for Jamb. Kindly check the statistics of people registering for that university also and that course. Because whatever school you pick you'd be competing with the thousands of applicants that also picked that school.

God bless

(1) (Reply)

ATTENTION BSU: 'resume Back To School' Lectures Has Fully Commenced-comr.agbara / CRS Teacher Needed Urgently / Bankole Blast Jamb For Reducing Colleges Of Edu Cut-off Mark To130

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.