Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,694 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:56 PM

5 Things Nigerians Hate About Twitter - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 5 Things Nigerians Hate About Twitter (582 Views)

26 Facts You Never Knew About Twitter / What Phone Are You Currently Using And What You Like And Hate About It? / Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Things Nigerians Hate About Twitter by 3mmyz(m): 9:58am On Sep 22, 2016
Twitter is a Social Media website and a micro-blogging platform where Companies, Individuals (Techpreneurs, Bloggers, Public figures, Celebrities, etc.) from various works of life come to meet and interact to achieve a purpose either for business, news/ trends, gossips, relationship, etc.

A Research was conducted and the results stated that The total number of people with Internet access in Nigeria are over 80 Million despite the country's poor ICT Structure for better internet communications, more than half of those Internet users have one or more accounts on Facebook than on twitter.

Why

I'll be listing my personal take on why Most Nigerians Neglect Twitter for Facebook and others.

1. Twitter is limited to 140 characters, Nigerians love to explain further like 500 - 1000 words: from long jokes to longer news, we love ambiguity.

2. Twitter doesn't Encourage much Chatting, Nigerians love to chat, chitchat, long chat and all kinds of chats, just give them a panel where they can see who is online and who's not, and you will be Marvelled with the way they'll welcome it.

3. Twitter isn't into Relationship stuffs, You can't know the Relationship status of person by viewing his profile on Twitter except he/she flaunts it on the Name Tag like e.g married for life @emmyz_ and so fort.

4. The Hash Thing,
Hashtag like #Youngirl #DansukiGate, etc. are not the Nigerian way of Trending things, Nigerians prefer Groups, or mutual trends for news and update.

5. Twitter doesn't support the Open World Relativity, you can't see interesting groups updates about school, club, organisation, hobby on twitter like on facebook, everything looks too pro for us.

Twitter should try and adapt a more friendly feature to attract more Nigerians to their domain.

Source:
http://gklited..co.id/2016/07/why-most-nigerians-neglect-twitter.html?m=1

Re: 5 Things Nigerians Hate About Twitter by Nobody: 10:01am On Sep 22, 2016
I think i am hating almost everything about it!
Re: 5 Things Nigerians Hate About Twitter by 3mmyz(m): 10:03am On Sep 22, 2016
modelmike7:
I think i am hating almost everything about it!
lol... That's sad to hear... you should give it one more try
Re: 5 Things Nigerians Hate About Twitter by Nobody: 10:05am On Sep 22, 2016
3mmyz:

lol... That's sad to hear... you should give it one more try
. . . . I think i will bro. Thanks for the head up.
Re: 5 Things Nigerians Hate About Twitter by Nobody: 11:43am On Sep 22, 2016
People who use it stay loyal to the platform and have found ways to bypass most of the problems listed. My only problem is I can never understand twitter conversations and debates, everything look like scribbles.

A Research was conducted and the results stated that The total number of people with Internet access in Nigeria are over 80 Million despite the country's poor ICT Structure for better internet communications
The more I read this, the more it looks made up. Can you please post a reputable source linking to the figure. Most Nigerian newspapers never source the original information and keep throwing the figure out like they are authority figures for honesty.

I recommend you view these(and many other) articles which litter the internet stating twitter's 140 character limit improves people's writing skill:
http://goinswriter(dot)com/twitter-makes-you-a-better-writer/

http://lifehacker(dot)com/how-twitter-s-140-character-limit-made-me-a-better-writ-1734731855

(1) (Reply)

How Much Are They Selling Infinix Not 3 For Your Side? / Blackberry Admits Defeat And Exits Smartphone Manufacturing Busines / HELP My Android Phone Refuses To Boot On

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.