Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,796 members, 7,820,794 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:46 PM

Advantages Of Atheism By An Atheist - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Advantages Of Atheism By An Atheist (2478 Views)

Atheism By Definition Is Problematic / Why I Left Atheism By John N. Clayton / The Top 10 Lies About Atheism By Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advantages Of Atheism By An Atheist by adjoviomole(m): 3:12pm On Sep 23, 2016
Lennycool:

Well to most people that take them they are relaxing, this doesn't mean they don't have side affects.

Wish kine relaxing grin the disadvantages are much more than its advantage, so why take it. As for cigarette,the manufacturers put it boldly on the pack thak smokers are liable to die young, but still lots of ppl keep smoking.
Re: Advantages Of Atheism By An Atheist by Nobody: 3:20pm On Sep 23, 2016
adjoviomole:

Wish kine relaxing grin the disadvantages are much more than its advantage, so why take it. As for cigarette,the manufacturers put it boldly on the pack thak smokers are liable to die young, but still lots of ppl keep smoking.
Did you ask for disadvantages? No. You asked what was good in it and I answered you. That doesn't mean I'm an advocator for cigarettes. I simply answered your question, now it will be good for you to return the favor and answer mine. What is bad about females wearing trousers and jewelry? And also tell me what's bad with taking medication for one's health? And whats bad about eaten so called forbidden meat?
I'm waiting.
Re: Advantages Of Atheism By An Atheist by adjoviomole(m): 4:27pm On Sep 23, 2016
Lennycool:

Did you ask for disadvantages? No. You asked what was good in it and I answered you. That doesn't mean I'm an advocator for cigarettes. I simply answered your question, now it will be good for you to return the favor and answer mine. What is bad about females wearing trousers and jewelry? And also tell me what's bad with taking medication for one's health? And whats bad about eaten so called forbidden meat?
I'm waiting.

I as a christian, I don't use any medication. Because I believe in divine healing. Its not a matter of compulsion for all christians. It is not a sin to go to doctors for treatment or using drugs.

2: we don't have forbidden meat as christians we can eat any meat we feel like eating, except meats offered to idols.
Re: Advantages Of Atheism By An Atheist by hopefulLandlord: 5:26pm On Sep 23, 2016
adjoviomole:

I as a christian, I don't use any medication. Because I believe in divine healing. Its not a matter of compulsion for all christians. It is not a sin to go to doctors for treatment or using drugs.

2: we don't have forbidden meat as christians we can eat any meat we feel like eating, except meats offered to idols.

oga, no use style style take dodge the trousers and jewelry question now

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advantages Of Atheism By An Atheist by adjoviomole(m): 5:34pm On Sep 23, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

I asked u two questions, u answered one. @ least I av answered 2 of urs.

Its ur turn now. What are d benefits of smoking cigar? N disadvantages of both cigar and alcohol? When u answer I promise to answer urs too.
Re: Advantages Of Atheism By An Atheist by Nobody: 6:19pm On Sep 23, 2016
adjoviomole:

Still haven't answered all my question, besides how has religion helped nigeria in terms of health, since you are one of those people that believe God can heal all. We still have one of the lowest life expectancy rates in the world. Some Christian branches don't allow consumption of certain meat. So I ask what is wrong with this. Waiting for an answer to all questions?
Re: Advantages Of Atheism By An Atheist by adjoviomole(m): 7:11pm On Sep 23, 2016
Lennycool:

Still haven't answered all my question, besides how has religion helped nigeria in terms of health, since you are one of those people that believe God can heal all. We still have one of the lowest life expectancy rates in the world. Some Christian branches don't allow consumption of certain meat. So I ask what is wrong with this. Waiting for an answer to all questions?

As for me and my family, God have been helping us healthwise. We don't use drugs of any such. And none of my siblings me included was not born in the hospital. When we are sick we pray to God and he does it free of cost. I know lots of ppl benefit from this too.

Concerning the meat I still don't understand u. I as a christian I can eat any meat as long is its nt bushmeat or all dis yeye meat based on ion what I like. The only meat the bible forbade was meat offered to idol's . Understood?
Re: Advantages Of Atheism By An Atheist by DeSepiero(m): 7:33pm On Sep 23, 2016
adjoviomole:

What about the disadvantages? grin while u are at it list the benefit of cigarette too grin

Google it brother. Research! Seek knowledge!
I've schooled you.
Re: Advantages Of Atheism By An Atheist by Seun(m): 8:33am On Sep 24, 2016
adjoviomole:
As for me and my family, God have been helping us healthwise. We don't use drugs of any such. And none of my siblings me included was not born in the hospital. When we are sick we pray to God and he does it free of cost. I know lots of ppl benefit from this too.
This is wrong. You need to stop putting the health of your family at risk, if you want things to go well on the long run.

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Advantages Of Atheism By An Atheist by Nobody: 8:56am On Sep 24, 2016
Seun:
This is wrong. You need to stop putting the health of your family at risk, if you want things to go well on the long run.
Help me tell him oh, and we wonder why the average life expectancy in nigeria is 47 years. One of the lowest in the world.

2 Likes

Re: Advantages Of Atheism By An Atheist by joseph1832(m): 8:57am On Sep 24, 2016
Pidggin:
Only the truth will set you free
And what is that truth, if I may ask?
Re: Advantages Of Atheism By An Atheist by Nobody: 8:58am On Sep 24, 2016
Seun:

Seun this is not wrong because Faith is real. Do not act as if you care about his family more than he does. Personally for over 20yrs i have never been ill nor taken any medication for anything and i say it again ANYTHING! This was because by Faith i came to understand that my body breeds life and not death so sickness cannot survive in it.

There are those believers who have grown in faith so do some unnatural things such as not being sick and simply because you do not understand it does not make it wrong. Seun do you want an actual proof of being personally cured when sick through a simple word declaration or laying on of hands? Just say so.
Re: Advantages Of Atheism By An Atheist by promise10: 9:58am On Sep 24, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

The case of this, you can open a thread on that and see where it leads.

This is in NO WAY a problem in christianity, expect the religious one who are brainwashed to live by their works of righteousness, who are still living under the law.

This topic will be a wonderful topic to talk about in a separate thread.

There are more people including christians can learn about this. My scriptural view over this case is not about what pastors preach but what the bible says about law and grace. There are really many more to this.
Re: Advantages Of Atheism By An Atheist by promise10: 10:08am On Sep 24, 2016
Seun:
This sound so foolish in cases where some people will STILL DIE amidst all the medications taken. What about millions of people who die in hospitals??
What about people who die at the hospital, does it mean we should stop going to hospital?

I believe that God has provided some knowledge to us so that we can ease things through science.

Imagine this, I stopped going to hospital because the last time I went, the night was a NIGHTMARE, because I never slept for that WHOLE night. To the extent that I prayed that that night will be as short as an hour. It was the worst ordeal I ever had when it comes to my health. My narration of the ordeal is just beyond words.
Re: Advantages Of Atheism By An Atheist by promise10: 10:12am On Sep 24, 2016
Lennycool:

Help me tell him oh, and we wonder why the average life expectancy in nigeria is 47 years. One of the lowest in the world.
But in at that, it simply shows that science is NEVER near perfection in sustaining life. Because, though it is advisable to seek medical attention.

But, what about cases where people will go to hospital and STILL DIE even when ALL necessary medical measures have been taken. Should we rely on it
Re: Advantages Of Atheism By An Atheist by promise10: 10:19am On Sep 24, 2016
Lennycool:

I'm waiting.
Taking medications is NOT A SIN! We believe that even when we take medications without God's willing intervention, people we STILL DIE. That's why millions of people still die even when all medical measures are being taken. Does it mean that God wants there death? No!

THERE IS NOTHING LIKE FORBIDDEN MEAT IN CHRISTIANITY!!!!! You can only find that in ISLAM, they are the father of it!

I have talked about women wearing trouser and jewelries in my response to hopefulLandlord which I would like to talk about if any thread is being created to that respect. According to the scriptural view of grace and law, there is NO problem in that.

There is really more to that topic.
Re: Advantages Of Atheism By An Atheist by promise10: 10:31am On Sep 24, 2016
Lennycool:

Has science ever identified with religion in the past? Why asking this? This is just like asking what has atheism done in science about nigeria.

When ebola was alarming in nigeria, christ embassy church donated some millions of dollar to help fight it in Nigeria. Now were where nigerian atheists when this ebola was going alarming in Nigeria. How many atheist motherless babies home do we have in Nigeria. Name a SINGLE one. Absolutely NONE! So just park well and see christianity rocket higher sooner!
Re: Advantages Of Atheism By An Atheist by dblackninja: 10:44am On Sep 24, 2016
promise10 With all these quotes, am yet to see your point.

Are you saying that.. it is advisable to seek medical attention though the medications doesn't work
Re: Advantages Of Atheism By An Atheist by dblackninja: 11:00am On Sep 24, 2016
I wonder what some Christians are claiming here. That they have these same advantages an atheist posted? Smh! grin

If you're aren't superstitious and doesn't believe in destinies, you're not a christian. A Christian can't be free from those unless you don't know what superstition entails.
Re: Advantages Of Atheism By An Atheist by promise10: 11:43am On Sep 24, 2016
dblackninja:
promise10 With all these quotes, am yet to see your point.

Are you saying that.. it is advisable to seek medical attention though the medications doesn't work
Hope you understand me now.

No, that's not what I am saying. It is universally advisable to seek medical attention when necessary. But, when people say it is dangerous to believe in God for healing miracles, which really happens, there comes my question on the imperfection of sciences.

It is just like telling me that since God didn't offer healing to your late mum, that healing prayer is useless. When I know that I have seen some instantaneous immediate miracles like an IMMEDIATE STRETCHING of a very short left arm RIGHT ON MY FACE while the pastor was individually praying for the sick one, which the person telling me that prayer doesn't work have not seen. Now my problem with the person's claim doesn't start here.

It starts when he denies all possibility of miracles both the ones I have witnessed RIGHT ON MY FACE and the ones people have claimed AND THEN try to brainwash me to believe that science is the best.

That makes me to question sciences; that if sciences give better solutions what about millions of people who die in hospitals almost every month??
What about people who die at the hospital, just the way God didn't offer healing to the person's late mum, does it mean we should stop going to hospital?

To me, it make more sense to believe in healing miracles, because IT IS FREE and I have seen them that even in death I will only look foolish to myself to deny them. But, sciences a times will cost you ALL YOU HAVE, only to receive a corpse at the end of the day.

Now, when you read thread properly, you will know that some christians claim their healing and that faith has made them to get healing EVEN WITHOUT going to hospital. Which is just a miracle when view with the faith of christ. Which is not fake for it really happens IN FAITH.

I will advise anybody to seek medical attention when necessary, because in Christianity there are levels of faith. It matters how strong you believe God can heal before it manifests. Not everybody has that kind of faith. I would advise that universally, because not everybody is christian. Some are muslims, atheist, who doesn't believe in christian's healing miracles.
Re: Advantages Of Atheism By An Atheist by dblackninja: 11:57am On Sep 24, 2016
promise10:

Hope you understand me now.

No, that's not what I am saying. It is universally advisable to seek medical attention when necessary. But, when people say it is dangerous to believe in God for healing miracles, which really happens, there comes my question on the imperfection of sciences.

It is just like telling me that since God didn't offer healing to your late mum, that healing prayer is useless. When I know that I have seen some instantaneous immediate miracles like an IMMEDIATE STRETCHING of a very short left arm RIGHT ON MY FACE while the pastor was individually praying for the sick one, which the person telling me that prayer doesn't work have not seen. Now my problem with the person's claim doesn't start here.

It starts when he denies all possibility of miracles both the ones I have witnessed RIGHT ON MY FACE and the ones people have claimed AND THEN try to brainwash me to believe that science is the best.
Okay. I don't want to dabble into a long argument with you on the miracles you have witnessed right in front of your bloody face cheesy
So I will ask a quick question: When seriously sick, do you take medications or offer prayers?
Re: Advantages Of Atheism By An Atheist by Nobody: 12:16pm On Sep 24, 2016
Seun:
Common that is what we call the Placebo effect.
Re: Advantages Of Atheism By An Atheist by promise10: 1:01pm On Sep 24, 2016
dblackninja:

Okay. I don't want to dabble into a long argument with you on the miracles you have witnessed right in front of your bloody face cheesy
So I will ask a quick question: When seriously sick, do you take medications or offer prayers?
Bloody face?? That's alright, it's better than to be an atheist. Very much better.

I pray! And it works!

The last time I went to the hospital, it was like hell to me! My faith is that I SHALL NOT BE SICK AGAIN, let alone getting healed after falling sick.
Re: Advantages Of Atheism By An Atheist by dblackninja: 2:23pm On Sep 24, 2016
promise10:

Bloody face?? That's alright, it's better than to be an atheist. Very much better.
I used "bloody face to exaggerate the right in front of your face you mentioned. What miracle was that again? Yeah short arm growing long cheesy grin

The last time I went to the hospital, it was like hell to me! My faith is that I SHALL NOT BE SICK AGAIN, let alone getting healed after falling sick.

You know, you didn't really answered my question. I know you have hope like many people not to fall sick AGAIN.
Hope you won't circumvent this one. I will try to be elaborate enough.
When seriously sick or injured (not a headache or some mild fever, scratch etc.), do you take medications or offer prayers to be healed??

Nb: 1) I Bolded seriously to avoid lies to some extent because we all know that headaches can go in a twinkle & not by the power of Amadioha.

2) I didn't mention hospital.

Re: Advantages Of Atheism By An Atheist by adjoviomole(m): 5:06pm On Sep 24, 2016
Seun:

What is wrong in it. Since I was born I av never used any drug or so ever. When ever I am ill I pray n I get well. I can't even remember wen I was last sick. Its nt 5yrs or 10 yrs ago. It is working for me perfectly and u say its not good.grin grin
Re: Advantages Of Atheism By An Atheist by adjoviomole(m): 5:08pm On Sep 24, 2016
DeSepiero:

Google it brother. Research! Seek knowledge! I've schooled you.
Why did u not tell him to google d question he asked me too, hypocrite. grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mark 9:43 , Did Jesus Lie ? NL Christians / How I Cured My Tinnitus / These Are The Richest Pastors In Nigeria In 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.