Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,077 members, 7,818,220 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:39 AM

. - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / . (844 Views)

Why Don't Nigerian Homes Have Basements? / Landlord Blocks Hotel Entrance With Loads Of Granite Stones For Owing Rent (pic) / Granite, Sand, Cement, Blocks And Iron Bar Sales (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Nobody: 11:15am On Sep 22, 2016
?
Re: . by starpower(m): 11:18am On Sep 22, 2016
I think it has to do with the composition of the mixture.

1 Like

Re: . by Lusola15: 11:22am On Sep 22, 2016
Ask Dangote
Re: . by Nobody: 11:24am On Sep 22, 2016

2 Likes

Re: . by Babalegba(m): 11:26am On Sep 22, 2016
Ratio of cement to sand.You can get this in Nigeria but you'll pay extra

1 Like

Re: . by Mologi(m): 11:30am On Sep 22, 2016
Bricklayers are not there to make ur block beautiful but ur house....
if u need a neat one then get a make up artist...
voila!!
Re: . by Histrings08(m): 11:33am On Sep 22, 2016
If u av d money, you'll order for the type u want.. There are also red type of dat block..
Re: . by Nobody: 11:35am On Sep 22, 2016
Re: . by docmoses(m): 11:36am On Sep 22, 2016
If you need clean blocks comma take it
Re: . by Nobody: 11:43am On Sep 22, 2016
Re: . by Tapout(m): 11:44am On Sep 22, 2016
our bricklayers no dey take time do anything... the worst thing u will do when building a house is to allow the workers work without concrete supervision.... dem go just do am anyhow collect money bonce. Imo, 80% of building collapse in Nigeria is due to poor labour work.
Re: . by Nobody: 2:23pm On Sep 22, 2016
I honestly don't see a difference. If there really is it comes down to beauty vs function: ours don't look as beautiful but they serve the same purpose.
Re: . by starpower(m): 2:04pm On Sep 23, 2016
ackmann:
You mean Nigerian builders mix too much sand in the cement mixture?
Although am not an engineer but my dad is sells cement, I have opportunity of visiting many site during drop-off.
I noticed ;
There different textures of sand for different projects
Cement and sand also have ratios
Mechanical mixers produce uniform mixtures
Moulds are neatly designed
And mortar are vibrated to reduce air trapped in the mortar.
Re: . by Nobody: 9:03am On Sep 26, 2016
Threads like this are why I hate nairaland sometimes. One decides to type a comment, proofreads it several times and posts it only for the thread starter to delete both the original post and user account.
It's also the main reason I've stopped debating and rather chosen to share ideas; the people with the most inane viewpoints are mostly trolls trying to rile up level-headed posters only to delete their user accounts and repeat the cycle later on. The only person who loses out most after such confrontation is the regular poster.

(1) (Reply)

Pharmaceutical Companies Forsale In SANGO OTTA / Vip Gardens Abuja, Airport Road. / A Plot Of Land Inside Lekki Rose Garden Selling For Just 4m With C Of O

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.