Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,408 members, 7,819,454 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:35 PM

The Pauper's Son 1...(a Short, Heart Touching Story) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Pauper's Son 1...(a Short, Heart Touching Story) (863 Views)

Critical Analysis Of The Pauper By Richard Carl Ntiru / The Pauper's Son...(a Short, Heart Touching Story) / Me, You, And Them: Book 1 (A Romance Novellete By Kayode Odusanya) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Pauper's Son 1...(a Short, Heart Touching Story) by bamnet(m): 2:15pm On Sep 22, 2016
THE PAUPER'S SON
Who is thy pauper's son? Hunger may we know him with. In ruggedness, shameful clothing and untidiness may we identify him. Looking pale all day long like a man suffering from a generational curse. Yes of course, he's cursed with poverty and long-suffering. But what have I done to help the pauper's son? And how have you thought to relinquish the sufferings of a pauper let alone of his son(or sons as the case is in this part of the world)? How does the society look upon the pauper's son? While some knows not what it is to be hungry, others have no idea what it is to be satisfied. A world of differences; and societal segregation... A world of economical imbalances. But who does care? After all, the rich is getting wealthier... And the poor growing filthier. What could be done to relinquish the sufferings of a man? Truly, what is the way out?

While some grow up to inherit generational wealth, others grow to inherit generational poverty. Whilst others are in school learning, he's pro'ly on the streets hawking. If he's a bit better living, he'll be on the field with his yet poor father tilling under the scorch of the sun and in the drops and beats of the rain. Yet, the society mocks him even after not being in his shoes. What has the pauper's son done to deserve such living? Now the country is worse, I wonder how he feeds. The rents are high, I wonder where he lives. Always penny less but yet he remains as friendly and humble as a snowman. The society considers him useless; does he mind?.....

...to be continued!!!

pls, your comments are highly needed on this one as this is my first ever story on Nairaland.... your corrections & views are also needed... you're also free to criticize

(1) (Reply)

The Girl Who Had Everything / Chaka The Zulu / Runs Girl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.