Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,158 members, 7,953,596 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:09 PM

Police Arrests Adeyeye Olorunfemi, UNILAG Student Rusticated Over Facebook Post - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Police Arrests Adeyeye Olorunfemi, UNILAG Student Rusticated Over Facebook Post (52666 Views)

UNILAG Student Rusticated For Twerking With The Statue Of Former VC / Adeyeye Olorunfemi: "I Don’t Regret My Action" — Student Rusticated By UNILAG / Adeyeye Olorunfemi Rusticated In UNILAG For Facebook Write Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Arrests Adeyeye Olorunfemi, UNILAG Student Rusticated Over Facebook Post by 4everGrand(m): 6:44pm On Sep 22, 2016
Inasmuch as I woulda wanted the guy to keep his cool - I wldnt wish this 'palapala' on my brother, who among those monitoring this guy can claim not to have ridiculed Jonathan or Buhari, or not to have supported those who did so?

This dude is simply doing what Ezekwesili is doing, what Liboros Oshoma did, what Fashola et al did during d campaigns. Abeg they shld free d guy.

But dude, u too, be careful and use ya sense.

2 Likes

Re: Police Arrests Adeyeye Olorunfemi, UNILAG Student Rusticated Over Facebook Post by gemale(m): 6:47pm On Sep 22, 2016
In unilag's mind, dey r f*#kn d guy up. Wt dey dnt know is dt dey r indirectly encouraging cultism in their skul. When u clamp down on non-violent means of xprsn, pple wld resort 2 violence 2 make their point.

5 Likes

Re: Police Arrests Adeyeye Olorunfemi, UNILAG Student Rusticated Over Facebook Post by higherpower: 6:50pm On Sep 22, 2016
StarPlayer:
Such rubbish angry where is falana

Must it always be Falana, does he have two heads? What about u?
Re: Police Arrests Adeyeye Olorunfemi, UNILAG Student Rusticated Over Facebook Post by michealade(m): 6:51pm On Sep 22, 2016
I shook hands with this guy......I hate dis country...

3 Likes

Re: Police Arrests Adeyeye Olorunfemi, UNILAG Student Rusticated Over Facebook Post by adekS1(m): 6:58pm On Sep 22, 2016
hmmmm... they r only making this guy popular wit this act, cos of him sayin d truth u r arresting him. adeyeye in case u need more money to pursue this case come n av it... I like bold guys like u n u av mind

2 Likes

Re: Police Arrests Adeyeye Olorunfemi, UNILAG Student Rusticated Over Facebook Post by adekS1(m): 6:59pm On Sep 22, 2016
u av my kind of mind

2 Likes

Re: Police Arrests Adeyeye Olorunfemi, UNILAG Student Rusticated Over Facebook Post by folasayolyn(f): 7:01pm On Sep 22, 2016
what nonsense? what charges? where are his rights

1 Like

Re: Police Arrests Adeyeye Olorunfemi, UNILAG Student Rusticated Over Facebook Post by ph3gnom: 7:10pm On Sep 22, 2016
Richy4:
Maybe after he was suspended, he was asked not to set his foot in and around the campus....

That may have triggered his arrest....I am not sure though but in a normal organisation, people that were suspended are always asked to stay away....
A public school? No naa. So if one offends a governor of a state for example he can ban such person from all govt insttutions Abi?
Re: Police Arrests Adeyeye Olorunfemi, UNILAG Student Rusticated Over Facebook Post by chymavis(f): 7:15pm On Sep 22, 2016
They are making the guy more popular
Re: Police Arrests Adeyeye Olorunfemi, UNILAG Student Rusticated Over Facebook Post by Sirwallace(m): 7:16pm On Sep 22, 2016
chai! this guy wrote 'arrested the guy' and still got 17likes

1 Like

Re: Police Arrests Adeyeye Olorunfemi, UNILAG Student Rusticated Over Facebook Post by victoristic(m): 7:23pm On Sep 22, 2016
Sirwallace:

chai! this guy wrote 'arrested the guy' and still got 17likes

just say it.... you are also technically demanding for 'likes '. oya take mine

1 Like

Re: Police Arrests Adeyeye Olorunfemi, UNILAG Student Rusticated Over Facebook Post by SamaOnPoint(m): 7:27pm On Sep 22, 2016
Thank you for this news post on Adeleye's arrest on the orders of the Unilag management.

Permit me to shed more light on the 'rustication/suspension' of a student.

In any letter of 'rustication/suspension' from any tertiary institution in Nigeria and the world over, the following would be stated explicitly in the letter:

1. that such student had seized to be a student of the institution;

2. that such student MUST vacate the premises of the institution;

3. that such student MUST not be seen in the university premise;

4. that such student MUST submit all university property(ies) in his/her custody to the university management;

5. the duration of such student's rustication/suspension from the institution.

In the case of Adeyeye, the news post above has stated that he was 'trailed and arrested in front of the university gate'.

I want to believe the front of the University Gate is part of the university premise.

Thus to answer the question: 'what was he arrested for?'

He was arrested for trespassing into the university premise, for as long as his rustication is still on, he is a 'persona non grata' on that campus.

As comrades, we should be enlightened and vast in our knowledge of legal issues.

Adeyeye would have NEVER been arrested if he was attending the purported meeting outside the campus of the university.

4 Likes

Re: Police Arrests Adeyeye Olorunfemi, UNILAG Student Rusticated Over Facebook Post by wisebenmorr(m): 7:29pm On Sep 22, 2016
MedicalSamwise:
So after rusticating him, they still had to arrest him.. .. kuku kill him now .. Nonsense undecided

I hate lecturers especially when sku mgt clamp down on student activism, they did it to me way back, paid for sku ID but refuse giving me. protested against hike in sku fees , some student got suspension. haters even in d sku. I phity evil lecturers,
let Ibadin quote me and get holy ghost thunder 50 times.

Ekp student will understand
Re: Police Arrests Adeyeye Olorunfemi, UNILAG Student Rusticated Over Facebook Post by davidif: 7:33pm On Sep 22, 2016
emeijeh:
Eyah!
This guy kept the wrong ideas on his head

The man did nothing wrong! I can't imagine a student being arrested for protesting in other democracies in the world.
Re: Police Arrests Adeyeye Olorunfemi, UNILAG Student Rusticated Over Facebook Post by lanreni: 7:38pm On Sep 22, 2016
4four:
i think our higher institutions re the main cause of the kind of citizen nd society we now have in Nigeria. Activism in Nigeria citizens die the day activism in nigeria student was killed either by successive govt or by lecturer or by student itself. I remember days of militaries in nigeria, the impact of both students nd the society " gone re those days". we are now left wit dormy society and docile student dat ve no impart in society he or she come from. thank GOD some of them don de wake up
We now have facebook, twitter and blog noisemaking youths now. the good old protest on the streets has been and always be the most effective means. i can only imagine if the youths in turkey decided to express disatisfaction alone online. turkey would been under the military government by now.

1 Like

Re: Police Arrests Adeyeye Olorunfemi, UNILAG Student Rusticated Over Facebook Post by allaboutobed(m): 7:40pm On Sep 22, 2016
lilmax:
this won't end well for unilag, but still this guy should let the dogs lie,WTF was he doing in the school?
e nor go reach d school again.? shuu
Re: Police Arrests Adeyeye Olorunfemi, UNILAG Student Rusticated Over Facebook Post by chachanga: 7:49pm On Sep 22, 2016
4four:
i think our higher institutions re the main cause of the kind of citizen nd society we now have in Nigeria. Activism in Nigeria citizens die the day activism in nigeria student was killed either by successive govt or by lecturer or by student itself. I remember days of militaries in nigeria, the impact of both students nd the society " gone re those days". we are now left wit dormy society and docile student dat ve no impart in society he or she come from. thank GOD some of them don de wake up

Is it sad that the political leaders of today who were the students, young workers and learning administrators of those same days are now the same ones using us to act Animal Farm all over the place now in Nigeria?
Re: Police Arrests Adeyeye Olorunfemi, UNILAG Student Rusticated Over Facebook Post by mamaafrik(m): 7:51pm On Sep 22, 2016
Na so them push FUNAABITES little by little until yawa eventually gassed,where are these silly human activist when you need them,where ate the t.v and the media houses,where are the house * rep.??,awon oloriburuku wont see dis,na "i stand with dog-ara"tie you go they see upanda,he no go beta for u all wey suppose talk but keep mute.

1 Like

Re: Police Arrests Adeyeye Olorunfemi, UNILAG Student Rusticated Over Facebook Post by captAugustine: 7:56pm On Sep 22, 2016
Nigerian police wahala for this kin weather. Hot soup
Re: Police Arrests Adeyeye Olorunfemi, UNILAG Student Rusticated Over Facebook Post by vision2050: 8:02pm On Sep 22, 2016
we should create a hashtag on twitter, Facebook, here nairaland and other social media . #releaseadeyeye# this is injustice. one can not protest again.
Re: Police Arrests Adeyeye Olorunfemi, UNILAG Student Rusticated Over Facebook Post by talk2dmc(m): 8:04pm On Sep 22, 2016
I smell if care is not taking . This might see the disbanment of unilag sch management board .
Re: Police Arrests Adeyeye Olorunfemi, UNILAG Student Rusticated Over Facebook Post by Nobody: 8:09pm On Sep 22, 2016
This is the GOVERNMENT YOU ALL VOTED FOR..live with it.. same ignorant way you voted a shoeless president grin grin
Re: Police Arrests Adeyeye Olorunfemi, UNILAG Student Rusticated Over Facebook Post by mankan2k7(m): 8:10pm On Sep 22, 2016
Lukmann1:
Unilag is gradually become a public secondary school,
Arrested of this guy will only leading to further strict riot and protest from his students.

continue to massacre English lang., even Oyinbo cannot speak Yoruba, Hausa nor Igbo language
Re: Police Arrests Adeyeye Olorunfemi, UNILAG Student Rusticated Over Facebook Post by Kazrem(m): 8:12pm On Sep 22, 2016
Na so this guy become popular.

1 Like

Re: Police Arrests Adeyeye Olorunfemi, UNILAG Student Rusticated Over Facebook Post by walexsho(m): 8:14pm On Sep 22, 2016
They are only Assisting him in gaining popularity
Re: Police Arrests Adeyeye Olorunfemi, UNILAG Student Rusticated Over Facebook Post by IYANGBALI: 8:18pm On Sep 22, 2016
What did the guy did now? Dis Buhari self
Re: Police Arrests Adeyeye Olorunfemi, UNILAG Student Rusticated Over Facebook Post by walexsho(m): 8:21pm On Sep 22, 2016
Any University ending with 'SU' are only left with kilobyte, But I now see Unilag Gigabyte migrating to Megabyte. But LAUTECH and OAU are still Working on Terabyte
Re: Police Arrests Adeyeye Olorunfemi, UNILAG Student Rusticated Over Facebook Post by IYANGBALI: 8:21pm On Sep 22, 2016
Lukmann1:
Unilag is gradually become a public secondary school,
Arrested of this guy will only leading to further strict riot and protest from his students.
kai see Luku dey throw bomb.

Lalasticlala luku ti tabon
Re: Police Arrests Adeyeye Olorunfemi, UNILAG Student Rusticated Over Facebook Post by joephemzyz(m): 8:28pm On Sep 22, 2016
What is the fatherland without the father's love?
Re: Police Arrests Adeyeye Olorunfemi, UNILAG Student Rusticated Over Facebook Post by solid3(m): 8:37pm On Sep 22, 2016
Abeg which one be Alpha Base?
Re: Police Arrests Adeyeye Olorunfemi, UNILAG Student Rusticated Over Facebook Post by metallisc(m): 8:40pm On Sep 22, 2016
martineinstein:
the power of guilty conscience is strong....they are suffering from guilty conscience....

They ve also realised that the boy's reply showed hhe never bothered about the rustication.,they were pained by his irremorsful manner

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Afe Babalola University Ado-ekiti In Pictures / Faith Odunsi Wins Global Open Mathematics Tournament / University Of Ibadan Zoological Garden (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.