Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,283 members, 7,826,115 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:02 AM

I Bet You Didn't Know The Real Name Of This Fruit 'shawshopu' - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Bet You Didn't Know The Real Name Of This Fruit 'shawshopu' (6270 Views)

Amazing Words You Didn't Know Existed / Bet You Don't Know The Real Name Of This Fruit / 15 Mind Blow Facts I Bet You Never Knew About (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Bet You Didn't Know The Real Name Of This Fruit 'shawshopu' by sinceraconcept(m): 4:10pm On Sep 23, 2016
pass111:

I am igbo too, where am from it is pronounced shawashopu, I didn't know its real name till I came across a post on facebook.

Wikipedia confirmed it.
so take your fight somewhere else sir.
In Yorubaland,we call It sour sap or Eko oyinbo or ope oyinbo
Re: I Bet You Didn't Know The Real Name Of This Fruit 'shawshopu' by Nobody: 6:18pm On Sep 23, 2016
Teniolasmart:
i stay in lag and i dont think it common here
wrong. Its in lagos we have d tree in our farm in badagry
Re: I Bet You Didn't Know The Real Name Of This Fruit 'shawshopu' by Teniolasmart: 8:04pm On Sep 23, 2016
Smallville10:
wrong. Its in lagos we have d tree in our farm in badagry
but not popular among fruit sellers
Re: I Bet You Didn't Know The Real Name Of This Fruit 'shawshopu' by pass111(m): 8:05pm On Sep 23, 2016
Nzeokafor:

[size=14pt]i dont blame u...
U were given other names of Soursop[/size]

[size=15pt]u picked the name its known 4 in Igbo land and said its not correct[/size]

[size=14pt]Now, from the same list where u saw wat igbos call it,
U select the names other region calls it and tag them[/size] [size=15pt]Also known as[/size]

[size=14t]y didnt u say those names were no correct?[/size]

If i say dis guy is TRIBALISTIC ull say i have issues..... mtcheeeew

WTF is wrong with you, I said I am Ibo!!! Smh..
Re: I Bet You Didn't Know The Real Name Of This Fruit 'shawshopu' by Nobody: 9:34pm On Sep 23, 2016
pass111:

Wat I'm trying to tell u is dat, the name other language calls it is nt wrong.

1 Like

Re: I Bet You Didn't Know The Real Name Of This Fruit 'shawshopu' by mexyk(m): 10:46pm On Sep 23, 2016
You just spoke my mind.

hardbody:

I am igbo and never mispronounced it for once. As a matter of fact, we had it in our compound in the villa, although I never tasted it for once.

If you want to pass knowledge across, do so without denigrating any tribe or people.

Soursop is what it is. Spelt as pronounced.
Re: I Bet You Didn't Know The Real Name Of This Fruit 'shawshopu' by Nobody: 8:42am On Sep 24, 2016
Op is just a dunderhead!! Igbos call it soursop not that rubbish u wrote up there undecided
Re: I Bet You Didn't Know The Real Name Of This Fruit 'shawshopu' by Nobody: 8:43am On Sep 24, 2016
pass111:

you're an IBO u say?? A deluded one perhaps undecided
Re: I Bet You Didn't Know The Real Name Of This Fruit 'shawshopu' by pass111(m): 5:00pm On Sep 24, 2016
JUSTbuchi:
you're an IBO u say?? A deluded one perhaps undecided
Take your f**king fight elsewhere, wise oneundecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Brutal Realities Of Life After A Nuclear War/Apocalypse. / 2018/2019 Futminna Postgraduate (master's Degree Program ) Discussion Thread. / Most Valuable Currencies In Africa (see Nigeria's Position)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.