Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,979 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:51 AM

Car Sellers - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Sellers (570 Views)

List of Car Spare parts sellers in Nigeria / List Of Car Spare Parts Sellers In Nigeria / www.carpick.com.ng One-stop Destination 4 al dealers, private sellers and buyers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Car Sellers by ayour: 8:19am On Sep 23, 2016
Please can someone tell why majority of car sellers on nairaland are not truthful. Why can they just tampering with the odometer on the cars and leave them as they are.
Re: Car Sellers by Nobody: 4:29pm On Sep 23, 2016
ayour:
Please can someone tell why majority of car sellers on nairaland are not truthful. Why can they just tampering with the odometer on the cars and leave them as they are.

They do this due cos must of you buyers also complain... you want a 2003 car to have 75k mileage

1 Like

Re: Car Sellers by valarinz: 10:48pm On Sep 23, 2016
richardjacobs675:

They do this due cos must of you buyers also complain... you want a 2003 car to have 75k mileage

So bloody true, most of them will be like "200km? AH!!the engine don go o", now tell me which car will the white man buy and use for years and we will go and buy it and it will still be below 100,000km. Majority of my clients be like, "oga i cant buy this car, the mileage is high, i bought my first 02 corolla at just 45,000km and it been serving me till date" smh, ma niggas have done their rolling back magic and made sales whereas someone is enjoying his over 250,000km ride while psychologically believing his ride is good and has served him owing to the fact that its below 50,000km., lol

1 Like

Re: Car Sellers by cardoctor(m): 4:34am On Sep 24, 2016
Greedy people
Re: Car Sellers by ayour: 2:44pm On Sep 24, 2016
It's only a fool that will believe a car 9 years old or over won't have a very high mileage especially cars bought from America where people tend to travel long distances to work.
Most car sellers are just greedy. Moreso they are risking people's life just for a few thousand naira.

The funny thing they appear stupid and ridiculous when they advise a 2009 car with 45k on the odometer. And appear more stupid when you check the vin and tell them the correct mileage.
Car sellers please tell it has it is. Let the buyer know what they are buying. You make more money this way because they are likely to patronise you again and even introduce more customers to you.
Buyers beware always ask for the vin. Spend your money wisely. Don't end up spending your money on something that may cause you and your family harm. Outside this country it's a criminal offence to tamper with the mileage of a car. But then in our beloved country everything goes. God help us all.

(1) (Reply)

Any Issues Changing From Fuel Pump To Carburetor System? / General Any Policeman Checking Vehicle Particulars Is On Illegal Duty–aig / Bounce Exclusive: Meet Arafat, The Danfo Driver With One Leg

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.