Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,056 members, 7,818,167 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:21 AM

How To Get Lucrative Writing Jobs On Twitter — the Ultimate Guide - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / How To Get Lucrative Writing Jobs On Twitter — the Ultimate Guide (13420 Views)

Chimamanda Adichie Upset About Hillary Clinton's "Wife" Bio On Twitter / US Poll: Wole Soyinka Trends On Twitter For Saying He'll Destroy His Green Card / Ultimate Guide: How To Earn More As A Freelance Writer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Get Lucrative Writing Jobs On Twitter — the Ultimate Guide by ladywriter(f): 11:52am On Sep 23, 2016
The recession is biting hard! The dollar rate is soaring high. If there is a time to make more money online as a writer, it is now! All you need is extra effort on your part to maximize the situation. This is the reason why I want to teach you how to get lucrative writing jobs on Twitter.

Twitter is one of the most popular social media networks out there. As at July 7th, 2016, Twitter has 313 million users, 120 million unique monthly visitors and 100 million daily active twitter users.

It will interest you to know that most of your prospective clients are on Twitter. According to emarketer, 65.8% of US companies with 100+ employees use Twitter for marketing.

In this article, I will be showing you how to land lucrative writing jobs on Twitter. But, first, I will like to show you how to set up your twitter profile in order so that you can attract potential clients.

Twitter profile design
The first thing you need is a twitter profile for your writing business. So, go ahead and register a twitter account for your business. Below are what you will need to consider while designing your profile:

1. A useful Twitter handle
Your twitter handle is very important. It needs to be short, relevant and unique. This will make it easy for people to add it to their tweets. It will also make it easy for potential clients to find your profile when they are looking for who to hire. A good example of a name combination is something like @ticewrites. It belongs to one of the top writers in the US — Carol Tice. It shows her name and what she does for a living.

2. Profile photo
A lot of people don’t use pictures on Twitter. You will find twitter accounts with the characteristic egg graphic default. You cannot afford to do this if you really want to get writing jobs on twitter. You need to upload a photo of yourself that people can relate with. Use a clear photo of you smiling.

3. Background design
You need a background/header for your twitter profile. The dimension is 125 x 625. This is a place where you showcase your writing business. You can include your photo, business logo, web address, services , where you have been featured as a writer, etc. The aim of the background is to help you create a branding for your business. You can use a mixture of images and text to produce an attractive header. You can use Canva to design it for free.

4. Twitter Bio
This is a very important part of your twitter profile. Twitter gives you 160 characters to explain what you or your business does. As you write your Twitter bio, make sure you add keywords with hashtags in it. It will help your profile to be easily found in twitter search or other search engines. You can also add your services, qualifications, where you have been featured as a writer etc.
Don’t forget to add a link to your website if you have one. If you cannot afford one, for now, you can simply create a free or account to use for now.

Now that you know the basics, it is time to look for prospective clients to follow:

Following prospective clients on Twitter:
Now that your profile is set up, you need to start adding prospective clients to your list. The first thing you can do is to start with digital marketing companies or SEO agencies. These are broad niche agencies that hire writers regularly. So we will start by searching for them on Managefliter.com.

Managefliter is an app you can use to sift through 330 million users on Twitter to locate your prospective client. It is an app that will help you to identify users / clients you can start following. You can follow 50 people per day with the free account.
So, get a free account and sign up on Managefliter.com. When you log in, click on “search”. Then type in either SEO agency, SEO company, digital marketing agency, etc. I typed in SEO agency and 4,989 people/companies came up.

Scroll to check for authentic companies, then follow them. The rule here is to follow companies who are active on twitter. The first thing you need to do is to check the last tweet’s date. If its been long the company posted their last tweet, say, 303 days ago or more, they may not be the right fit for this assignment because it shows the company is not active.

The next thing you need to do is to start writing on your blog and tweeting your posts. Most importantly, retweet important posts from the company’s twitter page to get familiar with their write-ups. It is also a good way to position yourself in front of the company.
Now, that your account is getting populated, it is time to start the actual marketing.

5 Ways to get prospective clients on Twitter

1. Build a relationship with prospective clients
The list of prospective clients you acquired from Managefliters will be useful here. You will build relationships with your prospective clients. You can start by sharing their articles on your twitter page. This will show that you are a genuine reader and that you are familiar with their blog/publication. Do this for a couple of time, then you can pitch to them. You can send a message like “I love what your company does. Do you work with freelance writers“?

Some prospects will respond to your tweets, while some will not. For the ones that respond, tell them what you do and how you can help them to attract visitors, convert them to customers and engage them.

As you keep doing it, you will start getting clients.

2. Use Twitter search feature
The twitter search feature is located at the top right corner of your twitter page as shown below. Now, you need to type keywords that clients will likely use in searching for writers to hire, such as:

#freelancewriter
#freelancewriting
#writing
#writer
#copywriter
#copywriting
#travelwriter
#travelwriting
#webwriter
#contentwriting
#contentwriter
#blogger
#freelanceblogger
#featurewriting
#ghostwriter
#ghostwriting
#grantwriting
#businesswriting
#technicalwriting
#technicalwriter
#resumewriting
#speechwriting
#speechwriter
So, pick each keyword and search for them daily, you will surely get writing jobs on twitter.

3. Search for companies and people who collect and tweets freelance writer job opportunities
There are people who share freelance writing jobs on twitter. Below are some of them:
@mediabistro
@freelancewj
@tweelancewriter
@writing_jobs
@jjobs_tweets
@writing_gigs
@WajJobAgency
@whopayswriters
@write_jobs
You can create a list on twitter for the handles so you can always have a place to scan for writing jobs on twitter.

4. Share useful content
Here, you have to determine who you want to reach out to and attract. You need to share content that your followers would find useful and like to read. They may not like all you write, just make sure you are sharing valuable information. Then, your prospective clients might start following you. I have many people following me that way. As they follow you, they might offer you writing gigs.

5. Search for requests for help
Most often than not, Twitter users post request for help. Here, you need to think about the challenges your target market is facing. For a prospective client , it can be ‘having trouble writing my website content’, ‘finding it difficult to complete my e-book’, ‘updating my website’, ‘creating a new brochure’. You can type all these search queries in the search bar to uncover opportunities. When you do, keep your approach simple. Send a short tweet explaining what you do and how you can be of help. You can include a link to your portfolio or website. You can also search for the prospect's contact details on their website and send them emails to establish formal contact.

There you have it, a step by step action plan for you to get lucrative writing jobs on Twitter. What are you waiting for? Start it now!

Curled from: http://alwaysontopbiz.com/get-lucrative-writing-jobs-twitter-ultimate-guide/

25 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How To Get Lucrative Writing Jobs On Twitter — the Ultimate Guide by veekid(m): 2:08pm On Sep 23, 2016
Wifey needs to see this ......... Bibi where you @?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Get Lucrative Writing Jobs On Twitter — the Ultimate Guide by techinfong: 2:10pm On Sep 23, 2016
Wow This is a nice tip,i will seriously work on it ASAP

Thanks Ladywriter

2 Likes

Re: How To Get Lucrative Writing Jobs On Twitter — the Ultimate Guide by afanide: 2:11pm On Sep 23, 2016
Not Everyone is a good writer......
Re: How To Get Lucrative Writing Jobs On Twitter — the Ultimate Guide by Seuncoded(f): 2:11pm On Sep 23, 2016
ok
Re: How To Get Lucrative Writing Jobs On Twitter — the Ultimate Guide by olanshile2016(m): 2:14pm On Sep 23, 2016
cc larrysun bibijay123 scarlet and and other writers
Re: How To Get Lucrative Writing Jobs On Twitter — the Ultimate Guide by DozieInc(m): 2:20pm On Sep 23, 2016
OP thanks alot, very useful post.
Re: How To Get Lucrative Writing Jobs On Twitter — the Ultimate Guide by DoctorAlien(m): 2:20pm On Sep 23, 2016
Useful post. Thanks a lot, OP.

Meanwhile, holla at me if you need someone to write any article for you.
Re: How To Get Lucrative Writing Jobs On Twitter — the Ultimate Guide by Preciousbiddy: 2:22pm On Sep 23, 2016
God will surely bless you. And meet you at the points of your needs. This is exactly what I've been looking for. Thanks once again.

2 Likes

Re: How To Get Lucrative Writing Jobs On Twitter — the Ultimate Guide by Akalia(m): 2:25pm On Sep 23, 2016
Very informative
Re: How To Get Lucrative Writing Jobs On Twitter — the Ultimate Guide by Nobody: 2:32pm On Sep 23, 2016
Am a writer. Let me write for you.
Re: How To Get Lucrative Writing Jobs On Twitter — the Ultimate Guide by Abuklaw(m): 2:34pm On Sep 23, 2016
Wow, this nice lady writer.

1 Like

Re: How To Get Lucrative Writing Jobs On Twitter — the Ultimate Guide by princefaculty(m): 2:46pm On Sep 23, 2016
Nice one OP, educating and timely

1 Like

Re: How To Get Lucrative Writing Jobs On Twitter — the Ultimate Guide by ladywriter(f): 2:47pm On Sep 23, 2016
Preciousbiddy:
God will surely bless you. And meet you at the points of your needs. This is exactly what I've been looking for. Thanks once again.

Amen. God bless you too, Precious.
Re: How To Get Lucrative Writing Jobs On Twitter — the Ultimate Guide by ak4ac(m): 2:52pm On Sep 23, 2016
#thanksalot
Re: How To Get Lucrative Writing Jobs On Twitter — the Ultimate Guide by umaryusuf(m): 2:58pm On Sep 23, 2016
Good for students to make money studying

1 Like

Re: How To Get Lucrative Writing Jobs On Twitter — the Ultimate Guide by Superiorwords: 2:59pm On Sep 23, 2016
This for me is better than MMM. Any day.

2 Likes

Re: How To Get Lucrative Writing Jobs On Twitter — the Ultimate Guide by oscaruzie(m): 3:04pm On Sep 23, 2016
afanide:

what's your point exactly

1 Like

Re: How To Get Lucrative Writing Jobs On Twitter — the Ultimate Guide by CosmicJames(m): 3:07pm On Sep 23, 2016
Great post. The challenge with twitter is that the people asking for help or wanting a service there are not serious.
Re: How To Get Lucrative Writing Jobs On Twitter — the Ultimate Guide by CosmicJames(m): 3:13pm On Sep 23, 2016
afanide:
Re: How To Get Lucrative Writing Jobs On Twitter — the Ultimate Guide by CosmicJames(m): 3:14pm On Sep 23, 2016
afanide:
You don't even need to be a writer to make money from writing and you can even turn it into a fulltime business even if you hate writing. All you need is to know how?
Re: How To Get Lucrative Writing Jobs On Twitter — the Ultimate Guide by afanide: 3:22pm On Sep 23, 2016
oscaruzie:

what's your point exactly

Never mind....... Those with HIQ understand what i mean......
Re: How To Get Lucrative Writing Jobs On Twitter — the Ultimate Guide by xpressTrade: 3:32pm On Sep 23, 2016
sell ur $ and get paid instantly
Re: How To Get Lucrative Writing Jobs On Twitter — the Ultimate Guide by XaintJoel20: 3:32pm On Sep 23, 2016
OP I need to gave a tete a tete with you. There is so much I can gain from you.

I am waiting at my desk.
Re: How To Get Lucrative Writing Jobs On Twitter — the Ultimate Guide by MrFootball(m): 3:42pm On Sep 23, 2016
afanide:

Never mind....... Those with HIQ understand what i mean......
nawa for you
Re: How To Get Lucrative Writing Jobs On Twitter — the Ultimate Guide by Everyday4(m): 3:48pm On Sep 23, 2016
CosmicJames:
You don't even need to be a writer to make money from writing and you can even turn it into a fulltime business even if you hate writing. All you need is to know how?
cosmic would you mind telling us how

1 Like

Re: How To Get Lucrative Writing Jobs On Twitter — the Ultimate Guide by fastlane84: 4:03pm On Sep 23, 2016
CosmicJames:

How sir?
Re: How To Get Lucrative Writing Jobs On Twitter — the Ultimate Guide by cybug: 4:09pm On Sep 23, 2016
Nicey
Re: How To Get Lucrative Writing Jobs On Twitter — the Ultimate Guide by Nobody: 4:31pm On Sep 23, 2016
CosmicJames:

I'm nt a gud writer,,,,i wil like to learn sir
Re: How To Get Lucrative Writing Jobs On Twitter — the Ultimate Guide by bibijay123(f): 4:36pm On Sep 23, 2016
veekid:
Wifey needs to see this ......... Bibi where you @?

I am here now

1 Like

Re: How To Get Lucrative Writing Jobs On Twitter — the Ultimate Guide by bibijay123(f): 4:37pm On Sep 23, 2016
olanshile2016:
cc larrysun bibijay123 scarlet and and other writers
Thank you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Get Lucrative Writing Jobs On Twitter — the Ultimate Guide by veekid(m): 4:40pm On Sep 23, 2016
bibijay123:

I am here now

Are we gon make a move on this?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Two Nigerians Nominated For 2015 Caine Prize For African Writing / The Untold Story Of Distributing Newspapers And Magazines In Nigeria / Meaning Of African Poetry.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.