Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:30 AM

Prayer Death: Dale And Leilani Neumann Jailed For 6 Months In Daughter's Death - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Prayer Death: Dale And Leilani Neumann Jailed For 6 Months In Daughter's Death (781 Views)

Dr. John Hagee: Women Who Call God’s Name During Sex Should Be Jailed / 27-year-old Man Jailed For Stealing Church Offering In Lagos / I Spent 15 Months In My Mother’s Womb: T.b Joshua (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Prayer Death: Dale And Leilani Neumann Jailed For 6 Months In Daughter's Death by manmustwac(m): 9:25am On Oct 13, 2009
Dale and Leilani Neumann could have received up to 25 years in prison for the March 2008 death of Madeline Neumann, who died of an undiagnosed but treatable form of diabetes
They were convicted of second-degree reckless homicide in separate trials earlier this year.

In sentencing the couple Tuesday, Marathon County Circuit Court Judge Vincent Howard said the Neumanns were "very good people, raising their family who made a bad decision, a reckless decision."

"God probably works through other people," Howard told the parents, "some of them doctors."

The case was believed to be the first in Wisconsin involving faith healing in which someone died and a homicide charge.

During the sentencing hearing, Leilani Neumann, 41, told the judge her family is loving and forgiving and has wrongly been portrayed as religious zealots.

]"I do not regret trusting truly in the Lord for my daughter's health," she said. "Did we know she had a fatal illness? No. Did we act to the best of our knowledge.?''

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chi-prayer_tribuneoct07,0,7030868.story

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/World-News/Praying-Parents-Dale-and-Leilani-Neumann-Jailed-For-Letting-Daughter-Madeline-Die-In-Wisconsin/Article/200910115401065?lpos=World_News_First_Home_Article_Teaser_Region_0&lid=ARTICLE_15401065_Praying_Parents_Dale_and_Leilani_Neumann_Jailed_For_Letting_Daughter_Madeline_Die_In_Wisconsin
Re: Prayer Death: Dale And Leilani Neumann Jailed For 6 Months In Daughter's Death by manmustwac(m): 9:32am On Oct 13, 2009
Am sure that hundreds fo people die every week in nigeria in similar circumstances where people would rather put thier faith in prayer or find thier pastors small doh for thier fake miracle services

(1) (Reply)

Would You Pay 1 Million Naira Bride Price / A Beautiful Woman And Her Husband That Comes To My Church / Ayo Oritsejafor Now Can President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.