Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,404 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:39 PM

Brotherhood Of The Cross And Star - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Brotherhood Of The Cross And Star (22413 Views)

What Does The Moon And Star Mean To Islam / WHAT IS BROTHERHOOD OF THE CROSS AND STAR... / The Teachings Of Brotherhood Of The Cross And Star (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Brotherhood Of The Cross And Star by Radiant(f): 7:16pm On Dec 21, 2006
Hey guys smiley

A friend of mine told me today that her family attends a church called "Brotherhood of the cross and star". shocked

When I was back home, I heard people mention that name and all them Cele Churches and I don't attend such churches neither do I like them.

I'm a bit scared of her now. . .don't laugh

Anyway, can you guys please tell me about this girls church if you know about it.
Re: Brotherhood Of The Cross And Star by ikamefa(f): 7:22pm On Dec 21, 2006
Re: Brotherhood Of The Cross And Star by Radiant(f): 7:27pm On Dec 21, 2006
I was actually scared to read that. . .

Can you just say 1 or 2 things they do that might be odd.
Re: Brotherhood Of The Cross And Star by ikamefa(f): 8:02pm On Dec 21, 2006
i don't really know much about the church , all  know is that they used to have  like a church thingy broadcasted on NTA  when i was back  home in Nigeria!

all i was interested in doing then , was make fun of 'em tongue

i guess you will have to wait for peeps who know more about 'em
Re: Brotherhood Of The Cross And Star by Radiant(f): 8:23pm On Dec 21, 2006
ikamefa:

all i was interested in doing then , was make fun of 'em tongue

Naughty girl tongue

Waiting patiently for others to come
Re: Brotherhood Of The Cross And Star by Eurphoria(f): 8:58pm On Dec 21, 2006
Radiant you are mad you know lol
I was actually scared to read that. . .
Can you just say 1 or 2 things they do that might be odd

you are scared? lol i am sure they dont drink virgins blood and stuff tongue
Re: Brotherhood Of The Cross And Star by Radiant(f): 9:00pm On Dec 21, 2006
tongue tongue tongue

They don't drink virgins blood? what d'u mean? Blood of Jesus!
Re: Brotherhood Of The Cross And Star by Eurphoria(f): 9:06pm On Dec 21, 2006
better start praying in tongues (I have something for you on YIM)
Re: Brotherhood Of The Cross And Star by Nobody: 12:14am On Dec 22, 2006
I had a friend who attended the place with his family and was really active before he came to college (he later left though). He would tell us stories of being possessed by OOO himself, he could summon him to his room and they could speak to each other.

I rarely ever went to his home again after that confession! I went once, i slept with only one eye closed and never went again!

1 Like

Re: Brotherhood Of The Cross And Star by Nobody: 1:14am On Dec 22, 2006
OOO's son and daughter were in my school here in Canada. They're regular people, believe me.
Re: Brotherhood Of The Cross And Star by Ndipe(m): 2:53am On Dec 22, 2006
What I read on the website was spooky.
Re: Brotherhood Of The Cross And Star by BlackMamba(m): 2:55am On Dec 22, 2006
Donzman:

OOO's son and daughter were in my school here in Canada. They're regular people, believe me.

With all the wealth their dad acquired through religious deception, why wont they discard the white "bedsheet" and enjoy life like regular people.
Re: Brotherhood Of The Cross And Star by Nobody: 3:04am On Dec 22, 2006
What do you mean Blackmamba ? I just told you they were regular people and you're asking me why they don't act like regular people?
Re: Brotherhood Of The Cross And Star by BlackMamba(m): 3:12am On Dec 22, 2006
I'm on the same page with you. Only stressing your point.
Re: Brotherhood Of The Cross And Star by ikamefa(f): 3:38am On Dec 22, 2006
BlackMamba:

With all the wealth their dad acquired through religious deception, why wont they discard the white "bedsheet" and enjoy life like regular people.

were you there? how did you know they had white " bedsheets " grin
Re: Brotherhood Of The Cross And Star by BlackMamba(m): 3:52am On Dec 22, 2006
I can't but wonder the level of ignorance and desperation that can make people so stupid and dumb, and propel them to support and financially sustain these shadowy religious fraud. Funny enough their poverty and disease persist while "The Spiritual Teacher and Sole Spiritual Head of the Universe", smiles away to the bank.

1 Like

Re: Brotherhood Of The Cross And Star by BlackMamba(m): 3:57am On Dec 22, 2006
ikamefa:

were you there? how did you know they had white " bedsheets " grin

They all wear white gowns while the big dogs wears a red gown to stand out.
Re: Brotherhood Of The Cross And Star by Ndipe(m): 3:59am On Dec 22, 2006
May God deliver us from false prophets in the Name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
Jesus Christ had forewarned us on the surge on false prophets to deceive the public.
Re: Brotherhood Of The Cross And Star by Eurphoria(f): 4:08am On Dec 22, 2006
its just a cult simple
Re: Brotherhood Of The Cross And Star by ikamefa(f): 4:10am On Dec 22, 2006
Ndipe:

May God deliver us from false prophets in the Name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
Jesus Christ had forewarned us on the surge on false prophets to deceive the public.

brotherhood of cross and star has been around for some time now! and they have very influential peeps in Nigeria as members , like i said if i wanted to amuse my self on a sunday back then in Nigeria all i did was watch their service on NTA
i was sure to laugh my self into a stupor because of the many preposterous doctrines being broadcasted !
Re: Brotherhood Of The Cross And Star by WesleyanA(f): 4:17am On Dec 22, 2006
They have a parish close to our place in Nigeria. I used to pass by just to listen to their strange songs. my neighbor aka 'aunty' usually told on me to get me in trouble.
oh well, it was fun grin
Re: Brotherhood Of The Cross And Star by Eurphoria(f): 4:22am On Dec 22, 2006
@Ika
So you just watched these ppl as they talked serious spritus crapus and laughed? how dare you angry
i wonder if there are any members on NL, bound to be one or two knocking around, there are all sort here after all. Love to hear a personal experience.
Re: Brotherhood Of The Cross And Star by ikamefa(f): 4:28am On Dec 22, 2006
my dear any simple minded person could see that what was being shown was shittus crapus !

what was i supposed to do? their way of worship simply was really amusing particularly this grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Brotherhood Of The Cross And Star by Nobody: 4:36am On Dec 22, 2006
Who are we to judge other people's beleifs and ridicule them? Even Jesus did not do that!
Re: Brotherhood Of The Cross And Star by ikamefa(f): 4:41am On Dec 22, 2006
Donzman:

Who are we to judge other people's beleifs and ridicule them? Even Jesus did not do that!

thank you ! but " To each his own "
Re: Brotherhood Of The Cross And Star by ikamefa(f): 4:42am On Dec 22, 2006
Re: Brotherhood Of The Cross And Star by Ndipe(m): 6:18am On Dec 22, 2006
My mom had a maid who was a member of that organization. The girl was always excited when their program would be on TV, and as soon as their leader appeared, she would kneel down to pay obeisance/worship him. My sister was annoyed at one point, and questioned why she would worship a mortal instead of God. My mom forbade her from attending their service, for fear that she might take my younger sisters with her to their service. She eventually left us.
Re: Brotherhood Of The Cross And Star by edygirl(f): 4:09pm On Dec 22, 2006
hahahah
Re: Brotherhood Of The Cross And Star by Radiant(f): 4:44pm On Dec 22, 2006
Who is OOO

I want to stop being friends with the girl o And I'll tell her why shocked

This is not funny shocked shocked shocked
Re: Brotherhood Of The Cross And Star by Nobody: 5:04pm On Dec 22, 2006
You don't have to stop being friends with her.

OOO is Olumba Olumba Obum and he's the leader of the church and his son ( or grandson) not sure was my friend in school. They're normal people, they go to movies with everyone, parties, everything.
Re: Brotherhood Of The Cross And Star by Radiant(f): 6:11pm On Dec 22, 2006
You kidding me shocked shocked shocked

I'll think about this thing. It's really scary and not funny
Re: Brotherhood Of The Cross And Star by WesleyanA(f): 11:09pm On Dec 22, 2006
Donzman:

You don't have to stop being friends with her.

OOO is Olumba Olumba Obum and he's the leader of the church and his son ( or grandson) not sure was my friend in school. They're normal people, they go to movies with everyone, parties, everything.

That's it! i've been trying to remember what 'O' stood for.
of course they're normal people. lol
but i didn't think that then when i was being brainwashed. grin

not that i'll attend any of their 'worship' though. lol

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pastor Gives Followers Indian Hemp For 'Sober Reflection' / Bishop Oyedepo Establishes 848 Rural Churches In One Day / Catholic Archbishop Of Benin City In Serious Sex Scandal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.