Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,791 members, 7,810,060 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:43 PM

Open Heavens Daily Devotional(sun. 25/09/2016) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Open Heavens Daily Devotional(sun. 25/09/2016) (923 Views)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 25/09/17 / Open Heaven Daily Devotional(sun. 25/06/2017) / Open Heavens Daily Devotional(sun. 25/12/2016) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional(sun. 25/09/2016) by 4reala(m): 1:58am On Sep 25, 2016
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL.

SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 25 2016.

THEME : ARE YOU A FRAUDSTER?

MEMORISE : Lying lips are abomination to the LORD: but they that deal truly are his delight. PROVERBS 12 : 22.

READ : REVELATION 21 : 8 :

8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

A fraudster is a dishonest person. Someone with a disposition to tell lies, cheat or steal. Dishonesty is contrary to the will and nature of God, and so should not be found among the people of God. The Bible teaches that any prosperity obtained from deceit, fraud and lies will be short lived. Initially, it will appear as an increase but later it will leave you plundered. Some believers exploit fellow believers. This is a great evil because any wrong you do to your brother or sister in Christ is done to the Lord. Today, many people find it difficult to tell the truth. For instance, when asked to go and buy something for the church, they will not rest until they make profit for themselves. Some of those who 'maintain' church equipments will present certain equipment as write offs, receive money for another one only to refurbish that which was condemned. They then go on to use it either for themselves or put it out for sale. Who owns the equipment? Who owns the church? Who do you think you are decieving; the pastor, administrator or Christ? Bread of deceit loads your system with gravel! Each time you deceive the church authority to make money for yourself, you give yourself wounds that may never heal. Jeremiah 17 : 11 puts it this way :

"As the partridge sitteth on eggs, and hatcheth them not; so he that getteth riches, and not by right, shall leave them in the midst of his days, and at his end shall be a fool."

A particular brother received a contract for electrical works in the building of a church. While bidding for it, he presented certain standard of cables and materials but after he was awarded the contract, he bought sub-standard materials in order to make more profit. Nobody knew. About two years after, the building was on fire as a result of poor materials used. Meanwhile, the contractor had died before his secret deal came to light. A number of people believed that his deception killed him. Don't kill yourself; don't die before your time! God cannot bless you if you decieve Him or His servants. Some people deliberately supply inferior goods to the church so that when they get spoilt, they will be recalled to re-supply such items. This is fraud! Remember Ananias and Sapphira lied about the offering they gave but never survived it! Neither will any who follows their evil path. Are you fraudulent, dishonest or crafty? Be warned, the end result could be disappointing. Proverbs 23 : 5 describes this as an exercise in futility.

"Wilt thou set thine eyes upon that which is not? for riches certainly make themselves wings; they fly away as an eagle toward heaven".

PRAYER POINT : Father, please destroy every seed of dishonesty and fraud in my life in Jesus' name.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: EZEKIEL 13 - 15 AND PSALMS 68 : 7 - 21.

AUTHOR : PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE.

HYMN 4 : TAKE MY LIFE AND LET IT BE

Take my life, and let it be
Consecrated, Lord, to Thee;
Take my moments and my days,
Let them flow in ceaseless praise,
Let them flow in ceaseless praise.

Take my hands, and let them move
At the impulse of Thy love;
Take my feet and let them be
Swift and beautiful for Thee,
Swift and beautiful for Thee.

Take my voice, and let me sing
Always, only, for my King;
Take my lips, and let them be
Filled with messages from Thee,
Filled with messages from Thee.

Take my silver and my gold;
Not a mite would I withhold;
Take my intellect, and use
Every power as Thou shalt choose,
Every power as Thou shalt choose.

Take my will, and make it Thine;
It shall be no longer mine.
Take my heart; it is Thine own;
It shall be Thy royal throne,
It shall be Thy royal throne.

Take my love; my Lord, I pour
At Thy feet its treasure-store.
Take myself, and I will be
Ever, only, all for Thee,
Ever, only, all for Thee.

RCCG SUNDAY SCHOOL MANUAL (2016/2017 EDITION)
LESSON FOUR (4)
Sunday 25th September 2016
TOPIC:- CONSECRATION
MEMORY VERSE: "For Moses had said. Consecrate yourselves today to the LORD, even every man upon his son, and upon his brother; that he may bestow upon you a blessing this day.’’- Exodus 32:29
BIBLE PASSAGE: Judges 13:3-7
INTRODUCTION:
Consecration is a process or practice of making something or someone sacred, dedicated and set for the Lord. It also means the devoting or setting apart anything or anyone to the worship or service of God (Exodus 28:41). The race of Abraham and the tribe of Levi were thus consecrated (Numbers 3:12). According to the Mosaic Law, the first-born both of man and beast were consecrated to God (Exodus 13:2, 12, and 15).
LESSON OUTLINES
1. MEANS AND BENEFITS OF CONSECRATION
2. BROKEN CONSECRATION
1. MEANS AND BENEFITS OF CONSECRATION
A consecrated one is called to live a life of purity, free from sin and contamination. How then can one be consecrated? The call to personal consecration demands that one presents himself wholly to God (Leviticus 11:44; Romans 12:1; 2Chronicles 17:16) and be willing to purge himself of all filthiness of the flesh and spirit (2timothy 2:21; 2Corinthians 7:1). This is made possible through absolute compliance to divine instructions given by God in His word (John 17:17; Psalm 119:9; Ephesians 5:26).
Some of the benefits of consecration are:
1. Overflowing blessings (Exodus 32:29).
2. Overflowing anointing (Hebrews 1:9; 10:38; Acts 5:12).
3. Becoming a chosen Vessel of God (2Timothy 2:21, Acts 9:15).
4. Ever abiding presence of God (Psalm 91:1; Matthews 28:19-20).
5. Outstanding victory without a fight (Proverbs 16:7; 2 Chronicles 20:15-19).
2. BROKEN CONSECRATION
A broken consecration is a state of contamination of a consecrated person. We have examples of consecrated vessels that were contaminated by one thing or the other.
1. Samson’s consecration was broken by his disobedience and lust for strange women (Judges 14:1-3; 8-9).
2. Miriam was a prophetess in (Exodus 15:20-21). But her consecration was broken by envy (Numbers 12:1-10).
3. Moses’s consecration was contaminated by anger (Exodus 14:21-28, Numbers 20:7-12).
4. Gideon was set apart for God’s mighty work of deliverance but pride broke his consecration (Judges 7:20-22; 8:22-27).
5. Comfort contaminated David- the consecrated one (1Samuel 17:34-37, 2Samuel 11:1-27).
CONCLUSION:-
God is calling you to live a consecrated life unto Him as a peculiar person and a royal priesthood and He is waiting to see you exhibiting the life of consecration unto Him. Do not disappoint God.
QUESTIONS:-
1. What are the benefits of consecration?
2. Describe a broken consecration.

(1) (Reply)

Picture Of Jesus Surprisingly Surfaced In Agbede {photo} / 90 Atheist Quotes Every Christian & Atheist Need To Read / Cunning Motives Of The Bible Writers.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.