Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,243 members, 7,815,336 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:01 AM

Ghost Moments With Crazy Friends. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Ghost Moments With Crazy Friends. (1676 Views)

Nigerian Man Dies Moments After Announcing His Wife's Death On Facebook. Photo / Moments With Omoosanyin / Mention Your Most Embarrassing Moments With The Opposite Sex. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ghost Moments With Crazy Friends. by DrRasheed: 8:52am On Sep 25, 2016
Friends are always wonderful.
I will never forget friends like Nuhu,Miga,Ibrahim,Nazir,Tukur etc.
Straight to the point....
I reached home late last night and dad asked me
"where were you?
Me : At a friend's place dad.
In front of me, dad called 10 of my friends.
4 of them said "yes sir, he was here",
2 said "he just left sir",
3 said "he's here sir, studying, should I give the phone
to him? ��������and 1 of them went an extra
mile to speak to dad (in my voice) "Yes dad...what's
happening"
I nearly faint.
Miraculously my Dad pardoned me not after a moment of laughing.
Cc:lalasticlala

5 Likes

Re: Ghost Moments With Crazy Friends. by Nobody: 9:04am On Sep 25, 2016
grin grin
Re: Ghost Moments With Crazy Friends. by Nobody: 9:22am On Sep 25, 2016
Crazy friends are the best kind. cool
Re: Ghost Moments With Crazy Friends. by EfemenaXY: 10:15am On Sep 25, 2016
Birds of the same feather indeed! cheesy

T'is good though to have friends look out for each other, having each other's back but do try to get home early. Your dad's concern isn't misplaced.
Re: Ghost Moments With Crazy Friends. by Dyt(f): 11:34am On Sep 25, 2016
Hahahahahahahaha
Re: Ghost Moments With Crazy Friends. by Nobody: 5:10pm On Sep 25, 2016
Very funny. cheesy

Friendship is one of God's greates gift to humans. I love my friends. They went with me through thick and thin. I remember how we partied hard, mourned the death of our loved ones together, supported each other and proven to be loyal to each other beyond limits.

I don't know where I would be today without them. I am grateful beyond imagination. kiss kiss kiss

Let me call one of them and ask the witch if she has finally done something about her ugly face. grin

They are always ready to joke around and humour has helped us in times of trouble and made our lives sweeter in times of peace.

*sighs*

1 Like

Re: Ghost Moments With Crazy Friends. by Sijo01(f): 5:38pm On Sep 25, 2016
cheesy cheesy
Re: Ghost Moments With Crazy Friends. by shaybebaby(f): 5:58pm On Sep 25, 2016
Mindfulness:
Very funny. cheesy

Friendship is one of God's greates gift to humans. I love my friends. They went with me through thick and thin. I remember how we partied hard, mourned the death of our loved ones together, supported each other and proven to be loyal to each other beyond limits.

I don't know where I would be today without them. I am grateful beyond imagination. kiss kiss kiss

Let me call one of them and ask the witch if she has finally done something about her ugly face. grin

They are always ready to joke around and humour has helped us in times of trouble and made our lives sweeter in times of peace.

*sighs*

I am not one for large groups of friends. I talk to many peeps but few ever can lay claim to my heart.

Which brings me to my former best friend. We don't speak anymore but I do still love her very much and think about her everyday. Sadly I know we can never be mates again. cry
Re: Ghost Moments With Crazy Friends. by Nobody: 6:06pm On Sep 25, 2016
shaybebaby:

I am not one for large groups of friends. I talk to many peeps but few ever can lay claim to my heart.

Same here. cheesy

But for those close to my heart I will go the extra mile. wink

Which brings me to my former best friend. We don't speak anymore but I do still love her very much and think about her everyday. Sadly I know we can never be mates again. cry

Never say never. wink
Re: Ghost Moments With Crazy Friends. by sisisioge: 6:09pm On Sep 25, 2016
grin grin grin grin

Funny! The one friend I could count on to have my back come what may is my sis...I can take her to the bank! God bless you sis...although your wahala can be much a times. She's my lil sis yet she acts like an hybrid mother-bestie kiss

2 Likes

Re: Ghost Moments With Crazy Friends. by sisisioge: 6:16pm On Sep 25, 2016
shaybebaby:

I once had a friend like that. We shared a lot, even our names sounds alike. Eventually, she mistakenly laid her claws on my then bf...my reaction was a mistake too. Nothing happened o but I went cold on her, now we talk once in a blue moon. Even when we do, we sound very "grownup" unlike our former boisterous banters. Funnily, I don't even talk to the SOB that caused the discord anymore...being grownup sulks at times.
Re: Ghost Moments With Crazy Friends. by shaybebaby(f): 6:20pm On Sep 25, 2016
Mindfulness:

Same here. cheesy

But for those close to my heart I will go the extra mile. wink

Never say never. wink

Then we are alike in that respect but I find keeping in touch tedious. Don't get me wrong, I want to know they are doing great but it's like, we don't always have to talk or meet up. Might avoid calls even cos i'm too lazy to chat once I know everything is okay. But always, always there when chips are down. Do you get like that?

Likelihood of becoming mates again is very slim, probably because I have made my peace with it. I have no rancor, think of her with great affection but I know I don't want her back in my life. You can love someone but not necessarily want them in your life.
Re: Ghost Moments With Crazy Friends. by shaybebaby(f): 6:28pm On Sep 25, 2016
sisisioge:

I once had a friend like that. We shared a lot, even our names sounds alike. Eventually, she mistakenly laid her claws on my then bf...my reaction was a mistake too. Nothing happened o but I went cold on her, now we talk once in a blue moon. Even when we do, we sound very "grownup" unlike our former boisterous banters. Funnily, I don't even talk to the SOB that caused the discord anymore...being grownup sulks at times.
That bit is sad, when you know things can never quite be the same as it was.

I don't understand the mistakenly laid claws bit, care to elaborate?

With mine, she took sides when i split up with my ex even though she knew how distraught I was. I felt it wasn't her place to act on decisions I take regarding my life that doesn't affect her in any way.
Re: Ghost Moments With Crazy Friends. by Nobody: 6:47pm On Sep 25, 2016
shaybebaby:

Then we are alike in that respect but I find keeping in touch tedious. Don't get me wrong, I want to know they are doing great but it's like, we don't always have to talk or meet up. Might avoid calls even cos i'm too lazy to chat once I know everything is okay. But always, always there when chips are down. Do you get like that?

That's what I do with people who are not important to me. I don't call people who I would rather avoid on a daily basis my friends. They are just people I know and like.

My friends, I am always looking forward to seeing them. It's fun! cheesy

And we can't hang around every day like we used to back in the day. Each and everyone has more responsibilities now but we make out time to be together because we enjoy it.

Those who are located close by, I see them at least once a month, those who live abroad, we meet at least once or twice a year.

Likelihood of becoming mates again is very slim, probably because I have made my peace with it. I have no rancor, think of her with great affection but I know I don't want her back in my life. You can love someone but not necessarily want them in your life.

I have made the same experience and this experience made me appreciate those friends I have known for 15 years now or longer even more. They are like family and even my family treats them like family. wink They have been there all of this time, in fun and in grief. wink kiss

I feel these friends are a blessing.

1 Like

Re: Ghost Moments With Crazy Friends. by DrRasheed: 6:49pm On Sep 25, 2016
A times I feel honoured when a father to my friend punish us together.... its cool

1 Like

Re: Ghost Moments With Crazy Friends. by Nobody: 6:52pm On Sep 25, 2016
shaybebaby:

With mine, she took sides when i split up with my ex even though she knew how distraught I was. I felt it wasn't her place to act on decisions I take regarding my life that doesn't affect her in any way.

If my friend took sides with my ex by telling me that I was wrong, I would appreciate her honesty. wink

1 Like

Re: Ghost Moments With Crazy Friends. by shaybebaby(f): 6:56pm On Sep 25, 2016
Mindfulness:

That's what I do with people who are not important to me. I don't call people who I would rather avoid on a daily basis my friends. They are just people I know and like.

My friends, I am always looking forward to seeing them. It's fun! cheesy

And we can't hang around every day like we used to back in the day. Each and everyone has more responsibilities now but we make out time to be together because we enjoy it.

Those who are located close by, I see them at least once a month, those who live abroad, we meet at least once or twice a year.

I have made the same experience and this experience made me appreciate those friends I have known for 15 years now or longer even more. They are like family and even my family treats them like family. wink They have been there all of this time, in fun and in grief. wink kiss

I feel these friends are a blessing.

That's what growing up does, so much to fit in , so little time. I'd like to say I'm like you and stay in touch regularly but I'm not.

Quite solitary though people generally feel otherwise but after intense interaction, I always need alone time away from people. My former best friend was like that, She'd go off radar for weeks and not answer phone calls but I always knew she was tucked away in her flat watching re-runs of Sex and City.

So I'd threaten to turn up at her door and let myself in ( I had her spare keys) to make her respond. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ghost Moments With Crazy Friends. by sisisioge: 6:58pm On Sep 25, 2016
shaybebaby:

There you go...the boys are the ones causing the troubles! My friend is a pretty girl that could land any guy she wants. Unfortunately, she always liked the ones that have been test ran by others. I really didn't get that side of her, she didn't see it as an issue either. For instance, her then bf was someone's bf that the someone and her bf were having some issues (got that?). She was the mediator but some how, the bf became her bf eventually. Anyways, when the two of them packed up , she started having things in common with my bf...I saw the handwriting on the wall and frowned cos I was quite familiar with her MO. My then bf was so flattered that the two of them turned me into the outsider grin For where? I kicked against indiscipline and stood tall. Eventually, I realized that both of them were just two sillies I shouldn't bother with after I already defined the territory o. Left the guy but my friendship with the babe didn't recover even though nothing other than seemingly harmless flirting occurred between them.

See how'em boys have been messing with us girls?

2 Likes

Re: Ghost Moments With Crazy Friends. by Nobody: 6:59pm On Sep 25, 2016
shaybebaby:

That's what growing up does, so much to fit in , so little time. I'd like to say I'm like you and stay in touch regularly but I'm not.

Quite solitary though people generally feel otherwise but after intense interaction, I always need alone time away from people. My former best friend was like that, She'd go off radar for weeks and not answer phone calls but I always knew she was tucked away in her flat watching re-runs of Sex and City.

So I'd threaten to turn up at her door and let myself in ( I had her spare keys) to make her respond. grin grin

I love spending time all by myself but I also love a girl's night out so I find the time to do both and more. Life is too short to be responsible all the time. I came to this world for the fun. cheesy smiley

2 Likes

Re: Ghost Moments With Crazy Friends. by shaybebaby(f): 7:02pm On Sep 25, 2016
Mindfulness:

If my friend took sides with my ex by telling me that I was wrong, I would appreciate her honesty. wink
I wish it was that simple. The thing is that she had been the one I'd cried to for years about the issue and together we'd brainstorm on different ways to make it work.

It was always the same issue, so she was no stranger to it and she knew just how much I tried. So when I called it quits because of that same issue, for her to turn around and judge was a betrayal.

We are allowed to have differing opinions, I didn't always approve of her decisions and would voice my disapproval. However, whatever choice she made, I accepted and support even when I didn't understand the rationale.

That, she failed time and again to do with me.

1 Like

Re: Ghost Moments With Crazy Friends. by Nobody: 7:10pm On Sep 25, 2016
shaybebaby:

I wish it was that simple. The thing is that she had been the one I'd cried to for years about the issue and together we'd brainstorm on different ways to make it work.

It was always the same issue, so she was no stranger to it and she knew just how much I tried. So when I called it quits because of that same issue, for her to turn around and judge was a betrayal.

We are allowed to have differing opinions, I didn't always approve of her decisions and would voice my disapproval. However, whatever choice she made, I accepted and support even when I didn't understand the rationale.

That, she failed time and again to do with me.

Just wanted to throw in a different perspective, I won't judge you though. wink

I have also experienced situations, in which I felt hurt, abandoned or betrayed and which led to the end of one friendship or another.
It's ok because I wouldn't have the time to keep all of them alive today but in retrospective I feel that I was overreacting because I had some issues at that time and was feeling sensitive and sometimes I feel that I was accusing others of what I was guilty of myself in a different situation.

I don't want to sound morally superior but girls can be a tad bit sensitive at times. It's ok but it's also good to weigh someone's good qualities against their flaws and let some time pass before one decides if the situation is worth giving up on a friend.

Anyway, the thread was about the beauty of friendship and I will celebrate mine with a cold tin of Heineken now and remember the funny moments and the love they shared that carried me through very stormy weathers. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Ghost Moments With Crazy Friends. by shaybebaby(f): 7:14pm On Sep 25, 2016
sisisioge:

There you go...the boys are the ones causing the troubles! My friend is a pretty girl that could land any guy she wants. Unfortunately, she always liked the ones that have been test ran by others. I really didn't get that side of her, she didn't see it as an issue either. For instance, her then bf was someone's bf that the someone and her bf were having some issues (got that?). She was the mediator but some how, the bf became her bf eventually. Anyways, when the two of them packed up , she started having things in common with my bf...I saw the handwriting on the wall and frowned cos I was quite familiar with her MO. My then bf was so flattered that the two of them turned me into the outsider grin For where? I kicked against indiscipline and stood tall. Eventually, I realized that both of them were just two sillies I shouldn't bother with after I already defined the territory o. Left the guy but my friendship with the babe didn't recover even though nothing other than seemingly harmless flirting occurred between them.

See how'em boys have been messing with us girls?
Aaaah, always wanting something someone else has got...Sounds familiar.

My friend too is a stunning girl but always kept her partners away from me but I always involved her in my relationships but she seemed to confuse being friends with my partner as an extension of my friendship with her with them actually being her personal buddies without me in the picture.

Twice it happened, and both times she has ended up being the outsider with both guys shunning her and remaining friends with me.

And she did it with female friends too, had a bitching session with a girlfriend I introduced her to on whatsapp. I had no clue.

A few months down the line, this girlfriend couldn't hold her guilt in anymore and confessed to me sending me the chat so I read all she said about me. This friend said she felt bad about she did and wanted to apologize.

This was after the stuff with my ex, which i tried to move past. Anyways, I asked why she would do such if she cared about, she denied it until I informed her I had copies of the chat. That was the last time we communicated. She had been caught in a lie and her excuse? All girls do it.

Sorry I don't. I do not bitch, or backbite friends. If I don't like you, you will know it but I would never pretend to be nice in front of you and do the opposite behind your back.
Re: Ghost Moments With Crazy Friends. by shaybebaby(f): 7:22pm On Sep 25, 2016
Mindfulness:

Just wanted to throw in a different perspective, I won't judge you though. wink

I have also experienced situations, in which I felt hurt, abandoned or betrayed and which led to the end of one friendship or another.
It's ok because I wouldn't have the time to keep all of them alive today but in retrospective I feel that I was overreacting because I had some issues at that time and was feeling sensitive and sometimes I feel that I was accusing others of what I was guilty of myself in a different situation.

I don't want to sound morally superior but girls can be a tad bit sensitive at times. It's ok but it's also good to weigh someone's good qualities against their flaws and let some time pass before one decides if the situation is worth giving up on a friend.

Anyway, the thread was about the beauty of friendship and I will celebrate mine with a cold tin of Heineken now and remember the funny moments and the love they shared that carried me through very stormy weathers. cheesy

Absolutely and friends are the siblings we never had.... So In honor of Fats (that's what I called her), one of my best memories is going for meal with her , we'd been drinking prior to the meal so by the time dinner came to an end, we were both quite drunk.

We'd ordered a bottle wine when we realised it was time to leave, but didn't want to waste the bottle which had been uncorked. So my girl in her drunken state suggested that I use the napkin as a bottle stopper.

I agreed that it was a fantastic idea, did that and put the bottle in my handbag feeling pleased that the bottle wouldn't waste.

Needless to say, I woke up the next morning with my phone thoroughly soaked through the night in red wine.

Yeah I know, we both had boozy brains otherwise who would think that the wine wouldn't soak through the napkin. Pair of idiots we were. grin
Re: Ghost Moments With Crazy Friends. by sisisioge: 7:32pm On Sep 25, 2016
shaybebaby:

My friend too is a stunning girl but always kept her partners away from me but I always involved her in my relationships but she seemed to confuse being friends with my partner as an extension of my friendship with her with them actually being her personal buddies without me in the picture.

Twice it happened, and both times she has ended up being the outsider with both guys shunning her and remaining friends with me.

And she did it with female friends too, had a bitching session with a girlfriend I introduced her to on whatsapp. I had no clue.

A few months down the line, this girlfriend couldn't hold her guilt in anymore and confessed to me sending me the chat so I read all she said about me. This friend said she felt bad about she did and wanted to apologize.

This was after the stuff with my ex, which i tried to move past. Anyways, I asked why she would do such if she cared about, she denied it until I informed her I had copies of the chat. That was the last time we communicated. She had been caught in a lie and her excuse? All girls do it.

Sorry I don't. I do not bitch, or backbite friends. If I don't like you, you will know it but I would never pretend to be nice in front of you and do the opposite behind your back.

Whew! Thank God for the few good people one could take to the bank. Hallelujah!
Re: Ghost Moments With Crazy Friends. by Nobody: 7:33pm On Sep 25, 2016
Lol awww

I have some great friends sha smiley
Re: Ghost Moments With Crazy Friends. by shaybebaby(f): 7:38pm On Sep 25, 2016
sisisioge:

Whew! Thank God for the few good people one could take to the bank. Hallelujah!
There are good people, even a stopped clock is right twice a day. grin
Re: Ghost Moments With Crazy Friends. by Nobody: 7:41pm On Sep 25, 2016
shaybebaby:

Absolutely and friends are the siblings we never had.... So In honor of Fats (that's what I called her), one of my best memories is going for meal with her , we'd been drinking prior to the meal so by the time dinner came to an end, we were both quite drunk.

We'd ordered a bottle wine when we realised it was time to leave, but didn't want to waste the bottle which had been uncorked. So my girl in her drunken state suggested that I use the napkin as a bottle stopper.

I agreed that it was a fantastic idea, did that and put the bottle in my handbag feeling pleased that the bottle wouldn't waste.

Needless to say, I woke up the next morning with my phone thoroughly soaked through the night in red wine.

Yeah I know, we both had boozy brains otherwise who would think that the wine wouldn't soak through the napkin. Pair of idiots we were. grin

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ghost Moments With Crazy Friends. by Nobody: 7:43pm On Sep 25, 2016
shaybebaby:

Yeah, all girls who don't know the meaning of friendship, honesty and loyalty. wink

1 Like

Re: Ghost Moments With Crazy Friends. by EfemenaXY: 7:48pm On Sep 25, 2016
Interesting discourse ladies.

As for me I've so few close friends, I can literally count them on the fingers of one palm. But then again, it's all about what we have in common. Some are purely work related from whom I've learnt so much from and are definitely worth their weight in gold when it comes to giving brilliant career advice. Others are working mums with kids the same age as mine, and one or two go wayyyyyyyy back to 20+ years ago where we reminiscence over the past, etc.

One thing about me is when I'm stressed, I do give them an earful and can talk for hours on the phone. They've / we've all been each other's Rock through thick and thin. Quality of friends beats quantity, any day, any time. smiley

1 Like

Re: Ghost Moments With Crazy Friends. by shaybebaby(f): 8:07pm On Sep 25, 2016
Mindfulness:

Yeah, all girls who don't know the meaning of friendship, honesty and loyalty. wink
Quite exasperating really...but people tend to use their own experience as yardsticks by which to judge others so probably a reflection of her previous friendships.

Anyways, I hope she learns that it is a choice which she can choose not to make regardless of the actions of those she encounters.

1 Like

Re: Ghost Moments With Crazy Friends. by Nobody: 8:10pm On Sep 25, 2016
Good friends are the best thing to happen to human..

I had a very good friend then, we met when I got admission to Lasu then(2001),we stayed together even till after school.

Too bad, this January, only God knows what happened, he cut ties with me. Even when I called him that my wife delivered, he didn't show up at my naming, and didn't even call.this is someone I went extra miles for.

At times, I look back, and think of what I did wrong to him..

We'll, I have moved on, my wife, and my son are now my best friend....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghost Moments With Crazy Friends. by shaybebaby(f): 8:15pm On Sep 25, 2016
EfemenaXY:
Interesting discourse ladies.

As for me I've so few close friends, I can literally count them on the fingers of one palm. But then again, it's all about what we have in common. Some are purely work related from whom I've learnt so much from and are definitely worth their weight in gold when it comes to giving brilliant career advice. Others are working mums with kids the same age as mine, and one or two go wayyyyyyyy back to 20+ years ago where we reminiscence over the past, etc.

One thing about me is when I'm stressed, I do give them an earful and can talk for hours on the phone. They've / we've all been each other's Rock through thick and thin. Quality of friends beats quantity, any day, any time. smiley

Then you are a lucky girl. Things is I have always gotten along better with guys and I suppose some people might consider me a bit strange. I'm not very girly so I don't really fit in with girls generally.

My best male friend, an ex actually but we were friends for two years prior to dating, tried the dating thing which didn't work and now back to being very close, I have known since I was a teen.

(1) (2) (Reply)

It's Been 3 Years Since My Sister Chimma Okoye Left In Peace / How Do I Make My Wife Understand My Pains During My High BP Spells / My Wife Was Caught By Her Lover’s Spouse!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.