Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,539 members, 7,823,362 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:07 AM

What Are The Things You Can Change In Christianity If Given The Chance - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Are The Things You Can Change In Christianity If Given The Chance (717 Views)

Benny Hinn Prophesies Change In Nigeria's Political System In A "Few Weeks" / Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married / Is Commiting Suicide A Sin? In Christianity? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are The Things You Can Change In Christianity If Given The Chance by wins18(m): 10:15am On Sep 25, 2016
Christianity is a religion that is supposed to make the world a better place and not the reverse,so if given the opportunity what will you change to enable it meet up with this goal
Re: What Are The Things You Can Change In Christianity If Given The Chance by johnoris(m): 10:56am On Sep 25, 2016
Its just like post-jamb...... I will scrap it off.... Lolzzzzzz

1 Like

Re: What Are The Things You Can Change In Christianity If Given The Chance by wins18(m): 1:01pm On Sep 25, 2016
grin johnoris , bros you no get joy oo , wetin christianity do you?
Re: What Are The Things You Can Change In Christianity If Given The Chance by HCpaul(m): 1:12pm On Sep 25, 2016
Me and my small team will edit the whole text of the Bible. If need be, we will rewrite it.
Christianity needs serious amendment while the Bible needs serious editing.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Things You Can Change In Christianity If Given The Chance by Originalsly: 7:33pm On Oct 15, 2016
Christianity is not about making the world a better place..... it's all about YOU trying to live a Christ like life and making it to Heaven. After all..... how can the world be a better place when it is prophesied that it would get worse? There's nothing to be changed.
Re: What Are The Things You Can Change In Christianity If Given The Chance by saintvc(m): 10:13pm On Oct 15, 2016
scrape oldtestament
Re: What Are The Things You Can Change In Christianity If Given The Chance by hemartins(m): 10:51pm On Oct 15, 2016
I'd take it back to the days of Apostle Paul. When only your life style qualifies you to be called a Christian and not just because you go to church every Sunday.
Today's Christianity is nothing to write home about.
Re: What Are The Things You Can Change In Christianity If Given The Chance by analice107: 10:55pm On Oct 15, 2016
hemartins:
I'd take it back to the days of Apostle Paul. When only your life style qualifies you to be called a Christian and not just because you go to church every Sunday.
Today's Christianity is nothing to write home about.
So by your judgement, no one is living a Christ like life today?

What about you who, what is keeping you from living the Christ like life like Apst Paul?

1 Like

Re: What Are The Things You Can Change In Christianity If Given The Chance by hemartins(m): 11:18pm On Oct 15, 2016
analice107:

So by your judgement, no one is living a Christ like life today?

What about you who, what is keeping you from living the Christ like life like Apst Paul?

First, I'm not judging anybody. It's just an observation.
Someone once wrote "the church used to be a place for comfort and succor but today, one of the worst place to be in is the church"

So if I have my way as the op said, I'd would return Christianity to the days of Apostle Paul. Where there will be peace and unity among Christians. No multiple doctrines, intense gossiping in church, adulterous church members and all you can think about that is happening in today's Christian domain.
Re: What Are The Things You Can Change In Christianity If Given The Chance by analice107: 11:29pm On Oct 15, 2016
hemartins:

First, I'm not judging anybody. It's just an observation.
Someone once wrote "the church used to be a place for comfort and succor but today, one of the worst place to be in is the church"

So if I have my way as the op said, I'd would return Christianity to the days of Apostle Paul. Where there will be peace and unity among Christians. No multiple doctrines, intense gossiping in church, adulterous church members and all you can think about that is happening in today's Christian domain.
I want to believe you are a Christian. Now let me ask you this. Would you prefer the Word of God to be fulfilled or not?
Re: What Are The Things You Can Change In Christianity If Given The Chance by hemartins(m): 12:00am On Oct 16, 2016
analice107:

I want to believe you are a Christian. Now let me ask you this. Would you prefer the Word of God to be fulfilled or not?

Definitely the word of God must be fulfilled.
My post is based on the OP's topic
[size=16pt]If given the chance[/size]

We all know it's an if statement. Nobody can change anything.
Re: What Are The Things You Can Change In Christianity If Given The Chance by blessedvisky(m): 12:25am On Oct 16, 2016
I will remove the contradictions, unscientific statements and *funny* aspects of the Bible. If I had d means
Re: What Are The Things You Can Change In Christianity If Given The Chance by analice107: 7:45am On Oct 16, 2016
hemartins:

Definitely the word of God must be fulfilled.
My post is based on the OP's topic
[size=16pt]If given the chance[/size]

We all know it's an if statement. Nobody can change anything.

If the Word of God must be fulfilled, why then shd we go back to the days of Apostle Paul's?

Besides, there's nothing happening now that didn't happen in the days of Apst Paul.

There are two things you shd take into account.

1. Whatever is God's, satan fights it rigorously. Satan has been fighting for man's worship since Eden.
He plants his own seeds amidst the seeds planted by God to weaken the wheat, to discourage the wheat, and ultimately kill them.

How much of farming do you know? Why bring in farming? Jesus always uses the known to teach the unknown.

Check a farm and see, the weeds grow faster and fresher than the Wheat. The wheat needs tending, fertilizing, and watering to do well, but the weeds needs none of that. They grow wild, and grow strong. If the farmer does not remove the weeds from the farm, the weeds chokes and stunts the growth of the wheat. Weeds are always much more and grows very fast.

Lets glean from the Weeds and Wheat relationship.

like i said, the seed Satan plants in the church is to discourage the wheat, this is how.

1. The Weeds grow very fast and covers up the wheat, making the wheat wonder why it can't grow as fast and strong, hence, doubt the farmer, or gets discouraged.

2. The weed which is of no use to the farmer saps up the manure which is meant for the Wheat, thereby malnourishing and stunting the wheat.

The weeds terms to always tell the wheat, you are not good enough, the farmer doesn't care about you, be like me and you'll be better off.

If the farmer is not watchful and careful to care for the Wheat, the wheat ends up being influenced by the weeds and ending in destruction and waste.

The Church is full of Weeds, while the wheats are few and struggling to get nourished.

Secondly, Satan's kingdom must seem to be winning, but its the end that justifies.

There are so many fake pastors masquerading as men of God in church today. These Wolves in sheep's clothing are not interested in the transformation and the renewal of the souls which Jesus died for. They are wolves, that's what wolves do, get the sheep vulnerable, then eat them up.

There's nothing happening now (and the worst is yet to come as we speak), that is not prophesied
If these things do not happen, that's wen we as Christians shd be very concerned.

Read the Ist and second book of Corinthians and see what Paul had to grapple with.

My Faith is real and i don't want anything changed.
Re: What Are The Things You Can Change In Christianity If Given The Chance by Niflheim(m): 7:57am On Oct 16, 2016
The changes I will make to christianity:

1.I will stop them from eating grass and explain to them that they are humans, not goats!!!

2.I will stop them from eating human hair, and explain to them that they are future leaders, not imbecilic swine!!!

3.I will make them to stop eating live snakes and inform them that they are descendants of a man, not descendants of a mongoose!!!
4.I I will force them to stop drinking petrol, and appeal to them that they are my brothers and sisters....................and not "2nd hand Chinese Generator"!!!
Re: What Are The Things You Can Change In Christianity If Given The Chance by hemartins(m): 8:11am On Oct 16, 2016
analice107:

If the Word of God must be fulfilled, why then shd we go back to the days of Apostle Paul's?

Besides, there's nothing happening now that didn't happen in the days of Apst Paul.

There are two things you shd take into account.

1. Whatever is God's, satan fights it rigorously. Satan has been fighting for man's worship since Eden.
He plants his own seeds amidst the seeds planted by God to weaken the wheat, to discourage the wheat, and ultimately kill them.

How much of farming do you know? Why bring in farming? Jesus always uses the known to teach the unknown.

Check a farm and see, the weeds grow faster and fresher than the Wheat. The wheat needs tending, fertilizing, and watering to do well, but the weeds needs none of that. They grow wild, and grow strong. If the farmer does not remove the weeds from the farm, the weeds chokes and stunts the growth of the wheat. Weeds are always much more and grows very fast.

Lets glean from the Weeds and Wheat relationship.

like i said, the seed Satan plants in the church is to discourage the wheat, this is how.

1. The Weeds grow very fast and covers up the wheat, making the wheat wonder why it can't grow as fast and strong, hence, doubt the farmer, or gets discouraged.

2. The weed which is of no use to the farmer saps up the manure which is meant for the Wheat, thereby malnourishing and stunting the wheat.

The weeds terms to always tell the wheat, you are not good enough, the farmer doesn't care about you, be like me and you'll be better off.

If the farmer is not watchful and careful to care for the Wheat, the wheat ends up being influenced by the weeds and ending in destruction and waste.

The Church is full of Weeds, while the wheats are few and struggling to get nourished.

Secondly, Satan's kingdom must seem to be winning, but its the end that justifies.

There are so many fake pastors masquerading as men of God in church today. These Wolves in sheep's clothing are not interested in the transformation and the renewal of the souls which Jesus died for. They are wolves, that's what wolves do, get the sheep vulnerable, then eat them up.

There's nothing happening now (and the worst is yet to come as we speak), that is not prophesied
If these things do not happen, that's wen we as Christians shd be very concerned.

Read the Ist and second book of Corinthians and see what Paul had to grapple with.

My Faith is real and i don't want anything changed.

OK. Thanks ma'am
Re: What Are The Things You Can Change In Christianity If Given The Chance by analice107: 12:03pm On Oct 16, 2016
hemartins:

OK. Thanks ma'am
Yep

(1) (Reply)

Is It A Sin When One Prefer Watching Church Program On Tv Than Going To Church / Christians Who Seek Healthcare In Hospitals, Are Sinners / Between Christ And Paul Teachings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.