Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,356 members, 7,815,756 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:44 PM

BNI Detains Man For Alleged Offensive Comment Against Ghana President (pics) - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / BNI Detains Man For Alleged Offensive Comment Against Ghana President (pics) (481 Views)

"Ghana President Akufo-Add Appointed Ex-Girlfriends To Office"- General Mosquito / Slave Auctions In Libya Mockery Of Africa – Ghana President, Nana Akufo-addo / Ghana’s President Fires Communication Director Over Speech plagiarism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BNI Detains Man For Alleged Offensive Comment Against Ghana President (pics) by Nobody: 11:14am On Sep 25, 2016
It's been confirmed that Bureau of National Investigation (BNI) is reportedly holding a Ghanaian-Lebanese pilot and author for making offensive statements against President John Mahama.

Fadi Dabboussie was arrested around midday on Friday upon arrival from an Egypt Air flight from Lebanon.

He was picked up from the Kotoka International Airport (KIA) and driven to the Bureau of National Investigation (BNI) headquarters in Accra.

This was on the invitation of the Director of BNI, Yaw Donkor according to Mr. Dabboussie's lawyer, Hassan Tampuli.

“I have been to the office of the BNI and I was denied access to him. I was told the officer responsible for the case was not in the office and that I can only have access to him on Monday,” Mr Tampuli told Joy News.

Mr Dabboussie is believed to be a sympathizer of the opposition New Patriotic Party (NPP).
He is also the author of a book titled ‘59 years of Ghana to Nowhere: The future is Now,’ a book said to critical of President Mahama.

The story first broke on social media, where it was claimed that Mr. Dabboussi’s house has been ransacked and all copies of his books taken.

Some opposition NPP sympathizers and human rights activists have condemned the act on social media.

Source: http://lifedrama.com.ng/bni-detains-man-for-alleged-offensive-comment-against-ghana-president/

Re: BNI Detains Man For Alleged Offensive Comment Against Ghana President (pics) by kcnwaigbo: 11:17am On Sep 25, 2016
What exactly is wrong with African leaders? In our case I may understand Buhari is an illiterate and is obviously suffering from educational deficiency but John Manama is supposed to be learned
Re: BNI Detains Man For Alleged Offensive Comment Against Ghana President (pics) by opethom(m): 11:18am On Sep 25, 2016
9ja matte I never finish ham you dey carry me go Ghana,.... We no know if buhari sell assets finish make he no dey pick citizen sell
Re: BNI Detains Man For Alleged Offensive Comment Against Ghana President (pics) by Nobody: 11:19am On Sep 25, 2016
I support clamp down on press freedom. I hope buhari does the same in nigeria soon

(1) (Reply)

Hilary Clinton Said US Could Round China With Missile Defense / Donald Trump Vows To Immediately Deport Up To Three Million Immigrants / BREAKING NEWS- Gambia Leader Yahya Jammeh Rejects Election Result

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.