Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,679 members, 7,820,384 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:59 PM

Alake Of Egbaland Arriving At Coronation Of King George VI Of England In 1937 - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Alake Of Egbaland Arriving At Coronation Of King George VI Of England In 1937 (26129 Views)

Amosun Reconciles Awujale Of Ijebuland And Alake Of Egbaland / Photo Of Senior Yoruba Obas In 1937 / Ooni Of Ife Visits Alake Of Egbaland (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alake Of Egbaland Arriving At Coronation Of King George VI Of England In 1937 by nerodenero: 8:58am On Sep 26, 2016
Chipappii:

Yes sir. Am a slave of truth. Drop the prejudice and swear with ur life that the folks on suit don't actually look dapper
You no get sense. Maybe you need this to reset your brain

1 Like

Re: Alake Of Egbaland Arriving At Coronation Of King George VI Of England In 1937 by Chipappii(m): 8:59am On Sep 26, 2016
slimfresh:

@the bolded sorry to disappoint you bro, my mind ain't myopic and before you question one's understanding you should have a checkup on yours? Just what point were you trying to make with the comment? Your contrasting yourself unless you intend to affirm your mind is myopic which I doubt.
Guy the bolded was an error which am sure u know already. Anyways i modified my first post out there. U can still check it out now. Thanks as u comply
Re: Alake Of Egbaland Arriving At Coronation Of King George VI Of England In 1937 by JerryLegend(m): 9:00am On Sep 26, 2016
coolebux:
They invite am?
Wherey
Re: Alake Of Egbaland Arriving At Coronation Of King George VI Of England In 1937 by Bakynes24: 9:02am On Sep 26, 2016
rudekidd:

By 1937, slave trade had ended.. grin grin grin slave trade ended in 1808 grin grin grin
I disagree with that date 1908,Slave trade ended around 1875 not sure of the date but I know it ended towards the late 19th century. It actually started in the late 18th century and lasted just a little over a Century. Even though the Americans flaunted that agreement and extended it longer towards the early 20th century
Re: Alake Of Egbaland Arriving At Coronation Of King George VI Of England In 1937 by habsydiamond(m): 9:13am On Sep 26, 2016
This is what I call kingship with class.
Re: Alake Of Egbaland Arriving At Coronation Of King George VI Of England In 1937 by ferdybillion(m): 9:34am On Sep 26, 2016
oloworulz:
Am a proud yoruba man. We are just too brilliant.

Re: Alake Of Egbaland Arriving At Coronation Of King George VI Of England In 1937 by verygudbadguy(m): 9:49am On Sep 26, 2016
Chipappii:

Jisos. Oga did you say far ahead. 1937, when you were still under them Brits? Okay kontinu

I meant value of our currency and how well our economy was doing. We all know they brought civilization to us.

They were living on our resources.
Re: Alake Of Egbaland Arriving At Coronation Of King George VI Of England In 1937 by oloworulz(m): 10:08am On Sep 26, 2016
[quote author=ferdybillion post=49680219][/quote]let me see the shape of ur head. I need to confirm if its flat or not
Re: Alake Of Egbaland Arriving At Coronation Of King George VI Of England In 1937 by ferdybillion(m): 10:11am On Sep 26, 2016
oloworulz:
let me see the shape of ur head. I need to confirm if its flat or not
Hahaha e pain am

1 Like

Re: Alake Of Egbaland Arriving At Coronation Of King George VI Of England In 1937 by seguntijan(m): 10:43am On Sep 26, 2016
Chipappii:

No be only class, na school. See those English men on suit, now thats class. Nor be to dress like masquerade. Even the swiss guard make sense pass am.

I'm tired of quoting y'all retards on my mention. So when y'all are done quoting me and spilling ya shits just take a clue from the pic below..

N. B: the oba looks like my village masquerade. Only diff is my village masquerade looks better.
Kill yaself

See this slave sha, so you're one of those people that have been mentally slaved.. R. I. P
Re: Alake Of Egbaland Arriving At Coronation Of King George VI Of England In 1937 by seguno2: 10:58am On Sep 26, 2016
rudekidd:
Yorubas were never primitive people grin grin grin

Everyone WAS primitive at some point in the past. Whether na oyinbo cavemen oh or African cavemen.

1 Like

Re: Alake Of Egbaland Arriving At Coronation Of King George VI Of England In 1937 by Chipappii(m): 10:59am On Sep 26, 2016
seguntijan:

See this slave sha, so you're one of those people that have been mentally slaved.. R. I. P

Wailer

Re: Alake Of Egbaland Arriving At Coronation Of King George VI Of England In 1937 by popsonbj: 11:03am On Sep 26, 2016
Chipappii:

No be only class, na school. See those English men on suit, now thats class. Nor be to dress like masquerade. Even the swiss guard make sense pass am.

I'm tired of quoting y'all retards on my mention. So when y'all are done quoting me and spilling ya shits just take a clue from the pic below..

N. B: the oba looks like my village masquerade. Only diff is my village masquerade looks better.
Kill yaself

It is obvious you lack home training.
Re: Alake Of Egbaland Arriving At Coronation Of King George VI Of England In 1937 by Chipappii(m): 11:15am On Sep 26, 2016
popsonbj:

It is obvious you lack home training.
Yes sir.
U can now use the rope
Re: Alake Of Egbaland Arriving At Coronation Of King George VI Of England In 1937 by shine12: 11:29am On Sep 26, 2016
I appreciate the picture and the history behind it. Seeing pictures like this educates me about the glimpses of the largely undocumented history of the Yoruba people (in comparison to Egyptian history Greek etc. I think the Yoruba history is richer than the level of applause it gets around the world and it certainly deserves to have similar standing in history just like people study Greek and Egyptian history)

But having being a student of life and whilst also dedicated to observing life in regards to issues of elitism, fascism, racism, hatred, monarchy and organised ruler-ship of people. History has shown that these type of ruler-ship, beliefs, organised religion (especially that group led by a leader of absolute who is a full representative of God that can never be wrong and also have power to change doctrines) and systems have given us nothing but suffering initiated through greed, elite-partnership, again GREEDY BANKING and “man wanting to achieve something for himself whilst using the slogan I want to bring a change/revolution/whatever you call it”. Iconic people in history such as Julius Cesar, Hitler, Napoleon, Queen Mary I of England, Benito Mussolini proved this. I’m sure they are heroes to some people around the world.

The only thing outside of Christ (all good things comes from Christ anyway) that has been a blessing to humanity is the people/masses who have worked relentlessly to innovate machines and technology that has helped enhanced the quality of life right from iron & dark ages. The sky is the limit of where humanity can get to with the hard work of non-greedy people who are committed to their work. But people in organised ruler-ship have done nothing tangible for the populace but has only served the vested interest of itself and its partners.

Let me throw in Buhari for example, there was never going to be a change. It’s the same cycle of greedy human beings that grouped themselves together to inherit a government that will give them more money, power and influence. The same will be done again and again and again with whatever Mr/Mrs Saint that campaigns in 2019, 2023, 2027 till eternity (of course things can get better and I pray that the same wont be done). I’m quite sure that organised human government structure can never fully help the populace that elects it but will rather listen to the people that planted it. The 180 million people in Nigeria seem to me to have one direct influence, and it’s even a collective influence and unfortunately it comes every 4 years, it is the right to vote. There are people and lobby groups that can influence the decisions of the government every single day, that doesn’t sound like democracy to me.
Re: Alake Of Egbaland Arriving At Coronation Of King George VI Of England In 1937 by Laid2001: 11:31am On Sep 26, 2016
Chipapii is the name of the Dog the king gave as a present to the Alake on this voyage.!

1 Like

Re: Alake Of Egbaland Arriving At Coronation Of King George VI Of England In 1937 by hemjayb(m): 12:36pm On Sep 26, 2016
soulhighman:

Baawa
Hello, soulhighman, being trying to send you a message on nairaland but it's not going through.... Please kindly contact me
Re: Alake Of Egbaland Arriving At Coronation Of King George VI Of England In 1937 by Jungleluv5: 1:05pm On Sep 26, 2016
SonofDevil:

Alase ikeji orisa
Please this is not Alaafin Ọ̀yọ́
Re: Alake Of Egbaland Arriving At Coronation Of King George VI Of England In 1937 by rocknation62(m): 1:36pm On Sep 26, 2016
Seun4FastLoans:
Egba re wa
Bow wow... grin grin grin
Re: Alake Of Egbaland Arriving At Coronation Of King George VI Of England In 1937 by macof(m): 9:53pm On Sep 26, 2016
henrydadon:
he probably sold the Yoruba people for
a piece of mirror
This is not igboland
Re: Alake Of Egbaland Arriving At Coronation Of King George VI Of England In 1937 by Ayobami7(m): 2:02pm On Nov 09, 2018
this is my comment

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Oba Of Benin Indisposed -traditional Council / Pope Resolves Rift Between Igbinedion And Oba Erediauwa / Alaafin Of Oyo Dances With His Oloris On His 51st Coronation Anniversary (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.