Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,545 members, 7,955,019 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:32 PM

Dangote: I Am Not Dead, I Am Hale, Hearty And Alive - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dangote: I Am Not Dead, I Am Hale, Hearty And Alive (17724 Views)

Aliko Dangote: 'I Need A Wife, I Am Not Getting Any Younger At 61' / Dangote - I Do Not Have Any House Abroad, I Drive Myself Around / Dangote: I Need 38 Visas To Move Around Africa Despite My Influence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote: I Am Not Dead, I Am Hale, Hearty And Alive by XtremelyCoded(m): 8:43am On Sep 26, 2016
Nigerians got no chill....
Re: Dangote: I Am Not Dead, I Am Hale, Hearty And Alive by davidif: 8:44am On Sep 26, 2016
Youngzedd:
We don't give a damn about He that wants to buy our national assets.

Soon he will suggest to buy Nigeria.

What's wrong with privatization?? We did it with NITEL and NEPA.

1 Like

Re: Dangote: I Am Not Dead, I Am Hale, Hearty And Alive by davidif: 8:49am On Sep 26, 2016
mccoy47:
Good to know. But if u and Buhari are planning to buy off nlng and refineries. . You u will die ooo angry

What's wrong with privatization? It worked in the Telecoms industry didn't it?

This country would be better off if those assets were being run by private enterprise as supposed to being run by the govts. There is a reason why Naija does not work and its because it has a huge overbearing government that tries to run everything. Govts have no business getting involved in industry (except when they are regulating it). STATISM does not work!

stat·ism
ˈstātˌizəm/Submit
noun

a political system in which the state has substantial centralized control over social and economic affairs.

Example: Nigeria practices statism.
Another example: Statism has failed woefully in Nigeria.
Re: Dangote: I Am Not Dead, I Am Hale, Hearty And Alive by davidif: 8:51am On Sep 26, 2016
RichYoungNigger:
Why won't you be hale and hearty and alive when your gay lover "Buhari" is the president and he's planning on selling Nigerian Liquefied Natural Gas (NLNG) and the three refineries in Kaduna, Warri (Delta State) and Port Harcourt (Rivers State).

What's wrong with privatization? It worked in the Telecoms industry didn't it?

This country would be better off if those assets were being run by private enterprise as supposed to being run by the govts. There is a reason why Naija does not work and its because it has a huge overbearing government that tries to run everything. Govts have no business getting involved in industry (except when they are regulating it). STATISM does not work!

stat·ism

ˈstātˌizəm/Submit
noun

a political system in which the state has substantial centralized control over social and economic affairs.

1 Like

Re: Dangote: I Am Not Dead, I Am Hale, Hearty And Alive by miqos02(m): 8:58am On Sep 26, 2016
amen
Re: Dangote: I Am Not Dead, I Am Hale, Hearty And Alive by Nobody: 8:59am On Sep 26, 2016
His money covers his evils so Death cannot see him in daylight no nighttime
Re: Dangote: I Am Not Dead, I Am Hale, Hearty And Alive by AustinStevens: 9:09am On Sep 26, 2016
abokibuhari:
use less monopolist ....

Have u eating sir?
Re: Dangote: I Am Not Dead, I Am Hale, Hearty And Alive by Youngzedd(m): 9:10am On Sep 26, 2016
davidif:

What have improved since then?

It all got worst.
Re: Dangote: I Am Not Dead, I Am Hale, Hearty And Alive by davidif: 9:17am On Sep 26, 2016
Youngzedd:

What have improved since then?

It all got worst.

Wrong! our telecoms sector took off after the govt decided to leave it the private sector. Its the only sector that's working well today.

For reasons why NEPA is still struggling, that is a completely different issue. NEPA is not going to work as long as we have a central power grid. Every city and local govt should be able to create and generate there own power as it happens in other countries.
Re: Dangote: I Am Not Dead, I Am Hale, Hearty And Alive by abokibuhari: 9:18am On Sep 26, 2016
AustinStevens:

Have u eating sir?
@work.....
Re: Dangote: I Am Not Dead, I Am Hale, Hearty And Alive by NOETHNICITY(m): 9:26am On Sep 26, 2016
Ipods wishin pple evil since 1914.
Re: Dangote: I Am Not Dead, I Am Hale, Hearty And Alive by Obejieric(m): 9:27am On Sep 26, 2016
Good to known that you are healthy. There is no way people will not complain as far as you are progressing. We will keep praying for you so that you will recover very well. For those that applied for N-power Recruitment Exercise 2016, The list is out. Rush now and check the list so you know when you are scheduled to write your own online test so you can be Empowered to be like Dangote.

You can check the list here:

NPower Shortlisted Candidates http://nigeriangateway..com.ng/2016/09/n-power-recruitment-online-test.html
Re: Dangote: I Am Not Dead, I Am Hale, Hearty And Alive by yahmohy27: 9:30am On Sep 26, 2016
RichYoungNigger:
Why won't you be hale and hearty and alive when your gay lover "Buhari" is the president and he's planning on selling Nigerian Liquefied Natural Gas (NLNG) and the three refineries in Kaduna, Warri (Delta State) and Port Harcourt (Rivers State).

Whose lover ? Hmmm you children nowadays don't control your mouth ,may God forgive you
Re: Dangote: I Am Not Dead, I Am Hale, Hearty And Alive by 007Gbenga: 9:31am On Sep 26, 2016
AustinStevens:

Have u eating sir?

What kind of sentence is this? Olodo : "Have you eaten sir?" angry
Re: Dangote: I Am Not Dead, I Am Hale, Hearty And Alive by HeGeMon(m): 9:46am On Sep 26, 2016
E pain u? cheesy grin, go & compete wit him na, bitterleaf we know ur type
abokibuhari:
use less monopolist ....
Re: Dangote: I Am Not Dead, I Am Hale, Hearty And Alive by ephi123(f): 9:57am On Sep 26, 2016
davidif:

So because we've done it in the past, it is okay to do it again? There is a lot wrong with selling a productive National asset to "select" individuals.
Re: Dangote: I Am Not Dead, I Am Hale, Hearty And Alive by freshcvvs: 10:37am On Sep 26, 2016
Jediel1:
God no carry d wrng person oo abg cheesy. We dash u presido as a living sacrifice grin

You prefer you and your entire family as a living sacrifice. that should clean off enough sins in the country.
Re: Dangote: I Am Not Dead, I Am Hale, Hearty And Alive by Obejieric(m): 10:53am On Sep 26, 2016
Good for Him
Re: Dangote: I Am Not Dead, I Am Hale, Hearty And Alive by lolamitayo: 4:40pm On Sep 26, 2016
Ajidewe baba!
Re: Dangote: I Am Not Dead, I Am Hale, Hearty And Alive by Deilluminator(m): 5:09pm On Sep 26, 2016
kulexkuzy:
9ja and fake romours are lyk
Bro, you never tire with this pic?
Re: Dangote: I Am Not Dead, I Am Hale, Hearty And Alive by davidif: 9:42pm On Sep 26, 2016
ephi123:

So because we've done it in the past, it is okay to do it again? There is a lot wrong with selling a productive National asset to "select" individuals.

First of all, the govt has noooooooooooo business getting involved in commerce. There job is to collect taxes and regulate. Govts are no good at running things efficiently. Those things should be left to private enterprise.

This country would be better off if those assets were being run by private enterprise as supposed to being run by the govts. There is a reason why Naija does not work and its because it has a huge overbearing government that tries to run everything. Govts have no business getting involved in industry (except when they are regulating it). STATISM does not work! It failed in Venezuela, Angola and its failing in Nigeria.

If i were Buhari, i would auction off NLNG, those two run down refineries we own and all govt stake in the oil and gas sector and see how our economy will take off. Its this stupid govt regulations that have been in place that has shackled this economy and stopped this country from reaching its full potential for years now.

stat·ism

ˈstātˌizəm/Submit
noun

Re: Dangote: I Am Not Dead, I Am Hale, Hearty And Alive by ephi123(f): 10:14pm On Sep 26, 2016
davidif:

First of all, the govt has noooooooooooo business getting involved in commerce. There job is to collect taxes and regulate. Govts are no good at running things efficiently. Those things should be left to private enterprise.

This country would be better off if those assets were being run by private enterprise as supposed to being run by the govts. There is a reason why Naija does not work and its because it has a huge overbearing government that tries to run everything. Govts have no business getting involved in industry (except when they are regulating it). STATISM does not work! It failed in Venezuela, Angola and its failing in Nigeria.

If i were Buhari, i would auction off NLNG, those two run down refineries we own and all govt stake in the oil and gas sector and see how our economy will take off. Its this stupid govt regulations that have been in place that has shackled this economy and stopped this country from reaching its full potential for years now.

stat·ism

ˈstātˌizəm/Submit
noun

Privatisation has its benefits no doubt but the reason many people are vehemently against it is because one, the sale will not be done in a transparent manner, and two the proceeds of the sale will enter private pockets.
Re: Dangote: I Am Not Dead, I Am Hale, Hearty And Alive by davidif: 10:24pm On Sep 26, 2016
ephi123:

Privatisation has its benefits no doubt but the reason many people are vehemently against it is because one, the sale will not be done in a transparent manner, and two the proceeds of the sale will enter private pockets.

I absolutely get your concern but i would rather those assets be in capable hands who can run it well and efficiently as opposed to it being in govt hands where they are run very poorly and below capacity. Do you know how cheaper oil will be if those refineries where not in govt hands anymore?
The fed govt has proven time and again that it does not know how to run a refinery hence the fuel scarcity. Why not auction the refineries to anyone who can afford it?

1 Like

Re: Dangote: I Am Not Dead, I Am Hale, Hearty And Alive by ephi123(f): 10:34pm On Sep 26, 2016
davidif:

I absolutely get your concern but i would rather those assets be in capable hands who can run it well and efficiently as opposed to it being in govt hands where they are run very poorly and below capacity. Do you know how cheaper oil will be if those refineries where not in govt hands anymore?
The fed govt has proven time and again that it does not know how to run a refinery hence the fuel scarcity. Why not auction the refineries to anyone who can afford it?

In an ideal situation, yes, but the current situation in Nigeria is far from ideal. What has changed since the NEPA/PHCN privatisation? Very little.
Re: Dangote: I Am Not Dead, I Am Hale, Hearty And Alive by davidif: 11:12pm On Sep 26, 2016
ephi123:

In an ideal situation, yes, but the current situation in Nigeria is far from ideal. What has changed since the NEPA/PHCN privatisation? Very little.

Actually, NEPA has not been fully being privatized yet, its only the distribution side that has been privatized.

Besides that, the reasons why NEPA is still struggling is because we have a central power grid and until it becomes decentralized this country is going to continue to have problems with its electricity sector. Every city and local govt should be able to create and generate there own power as it happens in other countries. In other words, there should be no such thing as a national electrical power authority because every municipality should be able to build there own power plant and generate electricity for there own constituents.
Re: Dangote: I Am Not Dead, I Am Hale, Hearty And Alive by ephi123(f): 9:05am On Sep 27, 2016
davidif:

Actually, NEPA has not been fully being privatized yet, its only the distribution side that has been privatized.

Besides that, the reasons why NEPA is still struggling is because we have a central power grid and until it becomes decentralized this country is going to continue to have problems with its electricity sector. Every city and local govt should be able to create and generate there own power as it happens in other countries. In other words, there should be no such thing as a national electrical power authority because every municipality should be able to build there own power plant and generate electricity for there own constituents.

Fair point.

(1) (2) (Reply)

FG Commissions Nigeria’s First Solar/Wind Power Plant / Why Can't I Use My UBA And Gtbank Mastercard Online? / 8 Banks Pay N3.32bn As Fine In 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.