Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,781 members, 7,827,883 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:29 PM

UNILAG Promised Us Medicine But Gave Us Botany - Candidates - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNILAG Promised Us Medicine But Gave Us Botany - Candidates (23554 Views)

OAU Loses Accreditation For Law, Dentistry, Botany And Medical Rehabilitation / From MBBS To Botany, Please I Need Suggestion! / UNILAG Promised Us Medicine, But Gave Us Botany — Candidates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNILAG Promised Us Medicine But Gave Us Botany - Candidates by NairaMaster1(m): 10:38am On Sep 27, 2016
Botany = herbs = medicine so why worry

Re: UNILAG Promised Us Medicine But Gave Us Botany - Candidates by doveda: 10:38am On Sep 27, 2016
No, I don't!

These people have clearly shown that they have the academic and emotional strength to study medicine. It doesn't matter whether they hold a degree or have other options or it is not what they want. What matters is that the school promised them a guaranteed admission to study medicine if they passed their exams. Now that they have passed their exams, the only thing that matters is their admission.

motherfucker:
what he meant is that they shouldn't limit themselves to Medicine because honestly, speaking, not all over them will become medical doctors. Some might be pushing to study it because it's what their parents want and not what they want.

I know someone who wanted to study medicine but he lost the admission due to strike. Subsequent trials didn't work. He wrote IJMB no way.

He then opted for Electrical, today he is staff at Total with house to his name.

You get it now?
Re: UNILAG Promised Us Medicine But Gave Us Botany - Candidates by motherfucker: 10:45am On Sep 27, 2016
doveda:
No, I don't!

These people have clearly shown that they have the academic and emotional strength to study medicine. It doesn't matter whether they hold a degree or have other options or it is not what they want. What matters is that the school promised them a guaranteed admission to study medicine if they passed their exams. Now that they have passed their exams, the only thing that matters is their admission.

The system is faulty bro and you can't win the system. It's hydra-headed sad
Re: UNILAG Promised Us Medicine But Gave Us Botany - Candidates by WesBreezy: 10:46am On Sep 27, 2016
No dey open book of lamentations jor.. Na only unilag dey Nigeria?,after all these shouting Una go still carry that cross
Re: UNILAG Promised Us Medicine But Gave Us Botany - Candidates by ibadanfinest(m): 10:49am On Sep 27, 2016
breakeven:
They have sold your space to another candidate who is richer and more influential. Now corruption has increased and one dullard say he is fighting corruption. The dullard administration new admission policy has fuelled corruption in university admission process. INFACT AS IT IS NOW A HIGH MARK IN JAMB DOES NOT GUARANTEE YOU ADMISSION.

You got it all wrong bro. The corruption here is admitting 800 students for 32 slots.
Re: UNILAG Promised Us Medicine But Gave Us Botany - Candidates by HaneefahRN(f): 10:51am On Sep 27, 2016
idris4r83:
I thought I was the only one thinking how crazy the nursing graduate could be. It is d height of craziness and myopism. On the University, they took the advantage of students wanting "medicine or nothing" to fraud the students. What is wrong with us in this country? Other countries are encouraging their students to study, and even encouraging them to study humanitarian courses like mbbs, nursing etc but in nigeria the reverse is d case.

Do not fault the person's choice. Nursing in Nigeria is hard to fall in love with, some people never do so they decide to go for what they feel will give them fulfillment.

The system is really bleeped up. Since they have the qualifications to be admitted into the programme, why are they being denied?
Re: UNILAG Promised Us Medicine But Gave Us Botany - Candidates by adesanya2014: 10:57am On Sep 27, 2016
I hate injustice , pls let them get back the money . Or be given admission into their preferred course . Many times we have entered a bus going to a particular destination just for the Driver to announce that he will not take the entire passengers to the agreed place . He will look for another bus , plead with the affected passengers to enter the bus to their destination . He parts with some of the money to the driver of the other bus . Case closed . So Unlag can pay some of the money estorted into the account of another Federal Uni so the prospective students will be transferred there (so) they will have peace of mind . After all this is Nigeria where any thing is possible .

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Promised Us Medicine But Gave Us Botany - Candidates by IamLukas(m): 11:03am On Sep 27, 2016
Hahahahahacheesy

Bros no be liegrin
Alexis11:
If you know how many aspirants that are praying and fasting for "any course" right now you go sing "Lord I come to worship you" cool

Uniben aspirants come to mind cool

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Promised Us Medicine But Gave Us Botany - Candidates by IamLukas(m): 11:14am On Sep 27, 2016
That transfer thingy is out of the line...There is no Medical school in Nigeria that is underpopulated and willing to accept students from another sch.
adesanya2014:
I hate injustice , pls let them get back the money . Or be given admission into their preferred course . Many times we have entered a bus going to a particular destination just for the Driver to announce that he will not take the entire passengers to the agreed place . He will look for another bus , plead with the affected passengers to enter the bus to their destination . He parts with some of the money to the driver of the other bus . Case closed . So Unlag can pay some of the money estorted into the account of another Federal Uni so the prospective students will be transferred there (so) they will have peace of mind . After all this is Nigeria where any thing is possible .
Re: UNILAG Promised Us Medicine But Gave Us Botany - Candidates by kolado(m): 11:56am On Sep 27, 2016
Must you go to unilag? We have other schools for God's sake I don't know why some people are crazy about unilag. The injustice has been done. I wish them well.
Re: UNILAG Promised Us Medicine But Gave Us Botany - Candidates by ABJ4Real(m): 11:59am On Sep 27, 2016
Seriously this is an indictment on the Unilag authority. In the name of looking inward to generate funds, the citadel of learning is using several fraudulent ways to rob parents and subject students to mental torture and harrowing exprience. This is not a path of honor.
Until heads are made to roll, the academic conmen and women may not learn useful lessons.
Re: UNILAG Promised Us Medicine But Gave Us Botany - Candidates by fikfaknuel(f): 12:08pm On Sep 27, 2016
Phi001:

Which half bread na? I know someone that has dome this diploma thing twice...
And didn't get admission? There's a reason for that. Diploma doesn't mean automatic admission. They actually select the do-wells.
Re: UNILAG Promised Us Medicine But Gave Us Botany - Candidates by COOL10(m): 12:27pm On Sep 27, 2016
Its the same everywhere. Madonna university admits as many as it can and expels as many as it can. The latest is the sudden hike in school fees.God is with us
Re: UNILAG Promised Us Medicine But Gave Us Botany - Candidates by Phi001(m): 12:39pm On Sep 27, 2016
fikfaknuel:
And didn't get admission? There's a reason for that. Diploma doesn't mean automatic admission. They actually select the do-wells.
This second time, she was among the 87, then UNILAG started changing mouth.

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Promised Us Medicine But Gave Us Botany - Candidates by whys: 1:02pm On Sep 27, 2016
Must we study MEDICINE, WHAT ABOUT PHARM D, or better still just continue the botany up to PHD ?

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Promised Us Medicine But Gave Us Botany - Candidates by apatheticme(f): 1:23pm On Sep 27, 2016
MadCow1:
When UNILAG gives you Botany, Make a Herbalist out of it.. - Al-Banawi
Re: UNILAG Promised Us Medicine But Gave Us Botany - Candidates by apatheticme(f): 1:27pm On Sep 27, 2016
Alhaji1970:
“I have a B.Sc in Nursing from the Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, Osun State. I graduated in 2009."............

I think some people are saying B.Sc Nursing, Pharmacy and Lab Sciences are the same as MB;BS (Medicine)!
Why Medicine again after Nursing if not that Medicine is superior and leader of health team?
Re: UNILAG Promised Us Medicine But Gave Us Botany - Candidates by IamLukas(m): 1:27pm On Sep 27, 2016
The other schools are not any different.
kolado:
Must you go to unilag? We have other schools for God's sake I don't know why some people are crazy about unilag. The injustice has been done. I wish them well.
Re: UNILAG Promised Us Medicine But Gave Us Botany - Candidates by idris4r83(m): 1:31pm On Sep 27, 2016
HaneefahRN:

Do not fault the person's choice. Nursing in Nigeria is hard to fall in love with, some people never do so they decide to go for what they feel will give them fulfillment.

The system is really bleeped up. Since they have the qualifications to be admitted into the programme, why are they being denied?
studying even mbbs in Nigeria doesn't guarantee happiness and satisfaction sister. What are we talking about? Even doctors are now struggling in the labor market in nigeria. I really understand how bleeped up the system is, and you think if one has a medical degree the person has escaped all that?
Re: UNILAG Promised Us Medicine But Gave Us Botany - Candidates by okwypascal: 1:33pm On Sep 27, 2016
They were all informed right from the beginning, that only 30 that would be admitted
Re: UNILAG Promised Us Medicine But Gave Us Botany - Candidates by Franklerry: 2:59pm On Sep 27, 2016
Unilag is a business entreprise. Been there...
Re: UNILAG Promised Us Medicine But Gave Us Botany - Candidates by iamsylvester: 3:22pm On Sep 27, 2016
Re: UNILAG Promised Us Medicine But Gave Us Botany - Candidates by Petkid1001(m): 3:41pm On Sep 27, 2016
After Unilag Mosquitoes Don Knw My Blood Group,u Come Dy Tel Me To Go To Botany, Laye! Thz Z Outrageous, Stupid Management
Re: UNILAG Promised Us Medicine But Gave Us Botany - Candidates by davbravo(m): 3:46pm On Sep 27, 2016
Nothing can be done about it..... same way earlier this year, the 100level students who weren't allowed to cross to college of medicine protested.. And at the end nothing was done about, they sued UNILAG and won the case...The court ordered UNILAG to allow them cross to the college..... Yes, they started attending lectures with us in 1st semester, some even wrote exams with us..... but they were not registered by the dept....They had no choice but to go back to Akoka........
But not all would be transferred to Botany and the likes... some will still be transferred to other medical courses......

Anyway, this is so sad... I passed through the programme too and I can tell you it wasn't easy........ But I can remember I read it somewhere before they were admitted that another exam would be conducted for those that applied for mbbs to be admitted into the college, maybe they weren't informed earlier or they lied.......And I can't blame the school for picking 30....The quota only allows a total of 100 MBBS students..... so the remaining 70 is meant for those currently in 100level that'll Cross to the college( and I'm sure they're above that number, so some will also be dropped)....But it should have been at a ratio of 60:40.......The school made it this way so the same issue that happened earlier this year won't repeat itself.........

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UNILAG Promised Us Medicine But Gave Us Botany - Candidates by Petkid1001(m): 4:11pm On Sep 27, 2016
Thats What They Should Have Told,instead They Sold D Forms
Re: UNILAG Promised Us Medicine But Gave Us Botany - Candidates by Uniben4sure: 4:49pm On Sep 27, 2016
Alhaji1970:
“I have a B.Sc in Nursing from the Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, Osun State. I graduated in 2009."............

I think some people are saying B.Sc Nursing, Pharmacy and Lab Sciences are the same as MB;BS (Medicine)!
Why Medicine again after Nursing if not that Medicine is superior and leader of health team?
Please exclude pharmacy from that list of yours. Nobody who studied pharmacy would want to go back for medicine! What for? To limit himself in hospital when his mates are in the industry, community pharmacy etc and making it big?

Many of us knew that medicine was there when we chose pharmacy! In fact, I beat the cut off for medicine in my de exam but chose pharmacy instead.
As for the affected candidates, I will advise them not to settle for less. If medicine is what they love, they should fight on until they get it.
Some people are too ignorant in Nigeria , that is why they think that medicine is all there is.

4 Likes

Re: UNILAG Promised Us Medicine But Gave Us Botany - Candidates by Tycoon4(m): 5:09pm On Sep 27, 2016
I would ordinarily not have said anything,

But you made a valid point, why would anyone with a B.Pharm, Pharm.D want to go back to study MBBS?

I know i am doing better than my friends who studied Medicine..lol, i know the myriad of untapped opportunities available for me, still,

Please do not mind the guy, just focus on your studies and be the best.. The sky is your starting point, and

As Men of Honour...!!

Uniben4sure:
Please exclude pharmacy from that list of yours. Nobody who studied pharmacy would want to go back for medicine! What for? To limit himself in hospital when his mates are in the industry, community pharmacy etc and making it big?

Many of us knew that medicine was there when we chose pharmacy! In fact, I beat the cut off for medicine in my de exam but chose pharmacy instead.
As for the affected candidates, I will advise them not to settle for less. If medicine is what they love, they should fight on until they get it.
Some people are too ignorant in Nigeria , that is why they think that medicine is all there is.

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Promised Us Medicine But Gave Us Botany - Candidates by Uniben4sure: 5:17pm On Sep 27, 2016
Tycoon4:
I would ordinarily not have said anything,

But you made a valid point, why would anyone with a B.Pharm, Pharm.D want to go back to study MBBS?

I know i am doing better than my friends who studied Medicine..lol, i know the myriad of untapped opportunities available for me, still,

Please do not mind the guy, just focus on your studies and be the best.. The sky is your starting point, and

As Men of Honour...!!

We join hands... my brother!

I will choose pharmacy over medicine anytime any day!
Re: UNILAG Promised Us Medicine But Gave Us Botany - Candidates by CaptEColeJnr: 5:35pm On Sep 27, 2016
apatheticme:

For once I have to agree with you that uniben is a disappointment. The rot and decay in dt school is just too much. Unfortunately, dts how most of our higher institutions are, sad.
Can you justify this hogwash you just typed? .. And make sure you attach your school/alma mater to your comment.

I am waiting
Re: UNILAG Promised Us Medicine But Gave Us Botany - Candidates by Uniben4sure: 5:45pm On Sep 27, 2016
apatheticme:

For once I have to agree with you that uniben is a disappointment. The rot and decay in dt school is just too much. Unfortunately, dts how most of our higher institutions are, sad.
what has Uniben got to do with the topic?
Please edit your post...
Re: UNILAG Promised Us Medicine But Gave Us Botany - Candidates by Nobody: 7:53pm On Sep 27, 2016
guymanDspecies:
Why study nursing and come back again for medicine? d hustle is real. I had a relative that studied nursing and went back again for pharmacy. Can someone tell me why?
U must always mention pharmacy when medicine is mentioned. Surely there's a course in pharmacy that teaches pharmacy students to compare medicine and pharmacy. For now everybody wants medicine. There's something about that course aside from the money. I know people that spend more to become doctors than they can ever earn as docs. I also know pharmacists that at some points wish their course could be called medicine and surgery.
Re: UNILAG Promised Us Medicine But Gave Us Botany - Candidates by Uniben4sure: 8:16pm On Sep 27, 2016
Efriday1:

U must always mention pharmacy when medicine is mentioned. Surely there's a course in pharmacy that teaches pharmacy students to compare medicine and pharmacy. For now everybody wants medicine. There's something about that course aside from the money. I know people that spend more to become doctors than they can ever earn as docs. I also know pharmacists that at some points wish their course could be called medicine and surgery.
You are the one who has just displayed the greatest level of insecurity here. The guy only stated an action taken by his relative, but as usual you have started to foam in the mouth because pharmacy was mentioned. You guys can be so damn insecure!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Cruelty Of Most School Owners / Nigerians On Jonathan Govt Scholarship Abandoned Abroad, Resort To Menial Jobs / Burial Of Charity Dazan YABATECH Student That Died - Touching Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.