Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,598 members, 7,809,168 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:39 AM

Share Your Molue Experience - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Share Your Molue Experience (562 Views)

Has Any One Ever Purchased A Vehicle From Owode Market? Share Your Experience / Has Your Car Key Been Locked Inside Your Share Your Experience / Throwing Abuses Words While Driving To Other Road Users, Share Your Experience. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Share Your Molue Experience by Macaulay10(m): 10:06am On Sep 27, 2016
During the Ife Modakeke war. I decided to do some runs before so that I can have some cash before we resume.
So I would go and collect newspapers very early in the morning at iyana-ipaja and then go and sell it at u-turn busstop after abule-egba on the way to sango. I had my table in front of that big brown house at the busstop close to the express.

After dropping off all their persengers, molues coming from osodi/iyanapaja/abule-egba wud turn at U-turn empty for a return trip. Na so one afternoon after packing my unsold dailies and weeklys, I enter dis molue make e carry me turn so dat I won't need to cross the express with my load. The driver and condutors were not aware as I just hang for the back door.
Instead of the molue to turn, the thing just continue to dey go towards ogun state, and me dey go back my house for Agege. I no fit shout 'owa' as den no know say I enta and den no go even because of me stop.
Na so I dey stranded the thing dey go, I noticed that anytime the driva wants to change gear, the molue speed go reduce small, na so I say I go time am, wen next he clutches down to change gear, I go jump down.
Na so as he clutch down wan change gear, na so I jump down with my load inside ghana must go, na so I jump down run with speed for express kirikata kirikata make I no fall. All the people beside the road were shocked and were cursing me 'aah omo yi, o fe ku ni' 'were o fe para e'.I think That was the most foolhardy thing I have ever done. Though I did not fall, but I got the mother of all headaches for my madness.
The most annoying thing was that about 500 metres away the molue now made a uturn to the other side, entered a petrol station, then passed me by the roadside while I was still holding my head.

Molue happens to be the only option for those without or less money for transportation...If you no get hard voice, no enter Molue oo make conductor no burst ur teeth comot

Slangs: Ma wo be ( Dont think it)

Omo iko (Wassup guy)
Ti be pady mi ( close the chapter)

O da yan mo abi? ( You no sabi person abi?)

Passenger: O nwo oju abi? ( You no dey look face??) Conductor: wetin dey ur face?? Pay me my money jor

Re: Share Your Molue Experience by Whizpeter(m): 11:24am On Sep 27, 2016
I would be back!!!
Re: Share Your Molue Experience by nurey(m): 3:23pm On Sep 27, 2016
My molue experience is actually some how. I was coming back from school from abeokuta and I had little cash left. Got to iyana ipaja with 200 hundred bucks. I needed 100 for the molue bus and the remaining cash for my final destination from oshodi.

This beautiful girl just walk up to me in the molue and begged me to lap her to oshodi. I couldn't say NO. Well she tried to start a conversation with me and I didn't have much to say, wasn't too good with the opposite sex then.

Yes I regret I wasn't exposed then and No I didn't ask for her number or address.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Molue Experience by lonelydora: 6:24am On Sep 28, 2016
Op, you are making me laugh this morning

i didn't grow up in Lagos, but back then in Enugu our molue are those 608 mercedes buses popularly called 'mary-go-round'. That's how i entered one and was heading to 'Holy Ghost'. When we got to a bustsop called 'Ohafia', na so conductor shouted 'onwe onye ohafia no na motor a' meaning 'any ohafia person in this vehicle'. mehn, na so i stand up for bus, dey look like pikin wey do bad thing they wan flog. Mehn, i stood so tey we nearly reach Holy Ghost. A woman sitting near me sensed what was happening and asked me why i was standing, i told her the conductor asked for an ohafia person. See as everybody burst laugh, and said he was asking for the busstop, Mehn remain make i ground open make i enter. grin

1 Like

Re: Share Your Molue Experience by dokiOloye(m): 5:43pm On Sep 28, 2016
lonelydora:
Op, you are making me laugh this morning

i didn't grow up in Lagos, but back then in Enugu our molue are those 608 mercedes buses popularly called 'mary-go-round'. That's how i entered one and was heading to 'Holy Ghost'. When we got to a bustsop called 'Ohafia', na so conductor shouted 'onwe onye ohafia no na motor a' meaning 'any ohafia person in this vehicle'. mehn, na so i stand up for bus, dey look like pikin wey do bad thing they wan flog. Mehn, i stood so tey we nearly reach Holy Ghost. A woman sitting near me sensed what was happening and asked me why i was standing, i told her the conductor asked for an ohafia person. See as everybody burst laugh, and said he was asking for the busstop, Mehn remain make i ground open make i enter. grin
Lol.Very funny.Ohafia,my in law ppl.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Your Tyres Can Help You Save Some Extra Fuel / Is Uber Really Profitable Again? / Need Truck To Move Goods

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.