Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,414 members, 7,861,160 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 04:41 AM

Nigerian Sci Fi Movie: October Twilight - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Nigerian Sci Fi Movie: October Twilight (1287 Views)

Short Nigerian Sci-fi Animation- THE SIM / Twilight Fan Marries Cardboard Cut-out Of Edward Cullen In £2,000 Vegas Wedding / The Day They Came (A Short Sci-fi Film) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Sci Fi Movie: October Twilight by AdamuW: 6:57pm On Oct 14, 2009
Hi Guys,

I work in a visual FX production studio based in Abuja. To test things and keep our skills up we do experiments that are based on projects we’d like to work on.

We started doing work on a trailer for a hypothetical sci fi movie based in Nigeria called ‘October Twilight’. It started out as a joke but is slowly gathering interest from various film industry people. As this is the section for movie goers I thought I’d post a link to it here just for you guys to take a look and comment on.

You can see it here http://www.youtube.com/user/EVCL1

Or here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4u4TRsgFnYU

Once I work out how to embed youtube on Nairaland, I'll do so to make it easier to view.
Re: Nigerian Sci Fi Movie: October Twilight by AdamuW: 7:03pm On Oct 14, 2009
Re: Nigerian Sci Fi Movie: October Twilight by Nobody: 4:16am On Oct 15, 2009
not bad.

Interesting imagery though I'm still waiting to see an ET type movie for Nigerians.

but carry on. The plane stuff is like Sept 11 sha.
Re: Nigerian Sci Fi Movie: October Twilight by AdamuW: 2:29pm On Oct 15, 2009
Thanks. I don't know about ET but we'll probably start doing work and designs on alien characters as we start to nail down the concept more.
Re: Nigerian Sci Fi Movie: October Twilight by Nobody: 7:33pm On Oct 15, 2009
^^ no problem.

I like the title as well.

ET is more of a fairy tale but October Twilight seems like an Independence Day kind of flick. Both were blockbusters.

well, one step at a time I guess. I do find it (your movie) fascinating since I've never seen this kind of movie in Nigeria or made by Nigerians. (I'm assuming you're Nigerian).

Re: Nigerian Sci Fi Movie: October Twilight by AdamuW: 8:43am On Oct 16, 2009
Yes the concept is more of an independence Day type flick. But it has to be something that works in the Nigerian context. That's something for scriptwriters etc to sort out. We are just working hard on proving that even though we don't have the technical and budgetary firepower we can still create good visual effects here in Nigeria. It doesn't need to all be outsourced to South Africa, U.K. and the rest. With a lot of creativity and hard work it's possible. By the way, I'm not bashing SA and UK. I just want our own industry to step up and compete.

Yes I am Nigerian and our company is based in Abuja.

(1) (Reply)

Idi Nasiru Makes Student Academy Awards History For Nigeria / Day 16 BBA The Chase Live Updates / Shades Of Blue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.