Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,074 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:20 AM

Alpha-numeric Phone Numbers. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Alpha-numeric Phone Numbers. (505 Views)

Today's Lotto Sure Winning Numbers / Today's Ghana Fortune Lotto Sure Winning Numbers / People Gather Around Madwoman In Aba To Get Lucky Betting Numbers (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Alpha-numeric Phone Numbers. by shegs192: 2:15pm On Sep 28, 2016
Please can anyone help me understand phone contacts with numbers and letters e.g "0700Efritin" etc, what they are, how they are applied, can they be dailed on mobile phones, etc. I have been seeing this around for years now(especially business firm) and trust me I don't have a clue of this or how its works, you might be surprised but that's the truth, I honestly don't know what it is.......Can anyone help my curiosity....Thanks.
Re: Alpha-numeric Phone Numbers. by paranorman(m): 3:50pm On Sep 28, 2016
Quite easy.
Just denotes the button to push on the key-pad.

First, in most cases, you gotta think of the keypad as that of a 'nokia touch light' phone, non-qwerty.

When you type messages on this keypad, you have to repeatedly press a button till you get the characters you want.

Same principle applies to the alpha-numeric numbers but this time, you only have to press the button once for each alphabet character.

Say I have 080sendText, this is equivalent to typing 08073638398.

Remember, each button of the keypad is alpha-numeric in function; i.e., each keypad has both numbers and alphabet written on them, especially numbers 2abc to 9wxyz..

So if I have Something 0803abcwxyz, it's same as 08032229999..
080-olodoBoy = 080-6563869
01-Jesus-Christ = 01-53787-347478

if you still don't understand, get a phone with non-querty keypad, look onto keypad especially key 2-9, notice how the alphabets written on the keys are arranged. You'll understand.

(1) (Reply)

It's Monday / Open Letter To Shareholders Of Diamond Bank Plc / Freemasonry: An Ideal Guide To Ending Religion’s Divisiveness– Henry Bassey

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.