Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,783 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:14 AM

Freemasonry: An Ideal Guide To Ending Religion’s Divisiveness– Henry Bassey - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Freemasonry: An Ideal Guide To Ending Religion’s Divisiveness– Henry Bassey (505 Views)

Nathaniel Bassey Shares His Relationship Experience (so Educative) / Henry Chukwuemeka, Taxify Driver Sues Dorcas Shola Fapson For N5M / “RIP To Myself” — Ayanfe Bassey, Nigerian Lady Wishes Death Upon Herself (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Freemasonry: An Ideal Guide To Ending Religion’s Divisiveness– Henry Bassey by Chizgold: 5:39am On Nov 06, 2016
“May this wine I now drink become a deadly poison to me if I ever knowingly or intentionally betray any of the secrets now about to be imparted to me.”

As the initiate says these words; words that have been spoken by countless men generations before him, he raises the hollow skull filled with blood-red wine toward his mouth drinking in long and deep swallows till the last drop.

About an hour before then, the initiate would have entered the temple blindfolded and dressed in loose-fitting white trousers and a tunic. His left leg was exposed to the knee and the left breast of the tunic had been drawn apart to expose that side of the chest. A hangman noose was put round his neck. Tonight, he was dressed as a medieval heretic before the Inquisition.

The ceremony proceeded with the initiate being led into the temple where the worship master will inquire of him to affirm that he is of age and that his desire to join the brotherhood wasn’t influenced by an unworthy motive, mercenary or improper solicitation. The initiate is then reminded of the punishment that may follow if he intentionally betrays the secrets now about to be imparted to him. After which the initiate is made to kneel in front of the altar before the worshipful master and to take the oath of fidelity by placing his right hand on the “Volume of Sacred Law” (The Bible) and reciting the words of the oath.

As the blindfold is taken off, the initiate begins to grasp the world before him. The assembly of brothers encircling him was....

Credit: http://ikengachronicles.com/freemasonry-an-ideal-guide-to-ending-religions-divisiveness-henry-bassey/

1 Like

Re: Freemasonry: An Ideal Guide To Ending Religion’s Divisiveness– Henry Bassey by bisi16(m): 6:13am On Nov 06, 2016
Meet on the level, part on the square..

(1) (Reply)

HOT MUSIC: DR Prince - Make Way / Earn up to N150K a week as an Uber Partner in Abuja / What Is Your Conclusion About This "Richest" Woman?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.