Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,730 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:12 PM

Mark Zuckerberg Reveals Facebook Luleå Data Center, Sweden (photos) - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Mark Zuckerberg Reveals Facebook Luleå Data Center, Sweden (photos) (779 Views)

Mark Zuckerberg Becomes Third Richest Man In The World, / ₦26 Trillion Net, Mark Zuckerberg And Wife Pictured On The Street Of California / Facebook Unveils 7th Data Center....powered By 100% Renewable Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mark Zuckerberg Reveals Facebook Luleå Data Center, Sweden (photos) by tnewsr: 6:28pm On Sep 28, 2016
The Luleå data center is one of the most advanced technology Facebook is building around the world. The center is deep in the forests of northern Sweden. The center opened in 2013, and was the first outside the US.

According to Mark Zuckerberg,

"It's a key part of our global infrastructure, and it uses a variety of local natural resources to increase efficiency and save power.

The small town of Luleå is less than 70 miles south of the Arctic Circle, and it's typically pretty cold. The temperature in the area is below 50 degrees most days, so we use large fans to pull in the outside air to naturally cool the thousands of warm servers that line the center’s broad hallways. A dozen hydro-electric plants operate on nearby rivers, providing a reliable and renewable power source. The whole system is 10% more efficient and uses almost 40% less power than traditional data centers.

Inside, the main building is the size of six football fields. Nearly all the technology in the facility, from the servers to the power distribution systems, is based on Open Compute Project designs as well.

You probably don't think about Luleå when you share with friends on Facebook, but it's an example of the incredibly complex technology infrastructure that keeps the world connected. I'm looking forward to sharing photos of more of our advanced technology soon."

More here: http://www.todaynewsreview.com/p/1554/mark-zuckerberg-reveals-facebook-lule-data-center-sweden-pho

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Reveals Facebook Luleå Data Center, Sweden (photos) by tnewsr: 6:28pm On Sep 28, 2016
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Reveals Facebook Luleå Data Center, Sweden (photos) by passyhansome(m): 7:26pm On Sep 28, 2016
It looks like Cloud mining center

1 Like

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Reveals Facebook Luleå Data Center, Sweden (photos) by todaynewsreview: 8:04pm On Sep 30, 2016
passyhansome:
It looks like Cloud mining center
Not really

1 Like

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Reveals Facebook Luleå Data Center, Sweden (photos) by Nobody: 9:54pm On Sep 30, 2016
With the plans I have, I'll possibly build something similar here in Nigeria 5-10yrs from now.
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Reveals Facebook Luleå Data Center, Sweden (photos) by todaynewsreview: 12:04pm On Oct 01, 2016
Northmall:
With the plans I have, I'll possibly build something similar here in Nigeria 5-10yrs from now.
Amen

1 Like

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Reveals Facebook Luleå Data Center, Sweden (photos) by 360ng: 12:22pm On Oct 01, 2016
Ok

1 Like

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Reveals Facebook Luleå Data Center, Sweden (photos) by todaynewsreview: 10:53pm On Oct 31, 2016
tnewsr:
The Luleå data center is one of the most advanced technology Facebook is building around the world. The center is deep in the forests of northern Sweden. The center opened in 2013, and was the first outside the US.

According to Mark Zuckerberg,

"It's a key part of our global infrastructure, and it uses a variety of local natural resources to increase efficiency and save power.

The small town of Luleå is less than 70 miles south of the Arctic Circle, and it's typically pretty cold. The temperature in the area is below 50 degrees most days, so we use large fans to pull in the outside air to naturally cool the thousands of warm servers that line the center’s broad hallways. A dozen hydro-electric plants operate on nearby rivers, providing a reliable and renewable power source. The whole system is 10% more efficient and uses almost 40% less power than traditional data centers.

Inside, the main building is the size of six football fields. Nearly all the technology in the facility, from the servers to the power distribution systems, is based on Open Compute Project designs as well.

You probably don't think about Luleå when you share with friends on Facebook, but it's an example of the incredibly complex technology infrastructure that keeps the world connected. I'm looking forward to sharing photos of more of our advanced technology soon."

More here: http://www.todaynewsreview.com/p/1554/mark-zuckerberg-reveals-facebook-lule-data-center-sweden-pho

(1) (Reply)

Top Ten Most Visited Website In The World / 9 GB Resale Rights Ebooks Plr Package Just $5.99 / The Lessons I Learned When I Made $500 In A Single Month

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.