Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,908 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:52 AM

How A Nairalander Was Scammed of #83,000 - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How A Nairalander Was Scammed of #83,000 (2969 Views)

How I Was Scammed Of N2,000000 This Year January / How I Was Almost Scammed Of 1.5 Million Naira / Help A 23yrs Old Student Who Was Scammed Of $500 Btc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How A Nairalander Was Scammed of #83,000 by Nobody: 12:35pm On Sep 29, 2016
Good day all, please am not too good in much write up so I will try as much as I can to pass make it plain.
A very good friend of mine who is also nairaland have just been scam by a guy he transact business with to the tume of 83,000 in his effort to buy bitcons.
The scammer provided 2 accounts
Account Name: Silas Enock Kyenpia
Account Number: 1103556648
Diamond
: Account Name: OKOH OCHEFIJE
Account Number: 0065850380
Diamond bank
83,000 was deposited into this diamond bank account the scammer provided :
Account Name: OKOH OCHEFIJE
Account Number: 0065850380.
Diamond bank

But the guy never delivered the bitcons but he keeps replying his chat that he used the money.
Mind you this is the first time he is transacting with the scammer, so I had to carry out a search on the the WhatsApp number +2348105689985 and found out that the guy is a confirmed scammer.
Pls what are the best possible, least cost effective approach that can be used to get this guy accounts he used to dupe innocent and hard working Nigerians frozen because right now according to the victim " diamond bank said he should ask the guy to make a refund even half" ....... Pls we need help it could be anyone tomorrow with different strategies that is unfamiliar... Those accounts must be frozen or the ATM placed on no withdrawal order " BANKERS, POLICE IN THE HOUSE PLS COME IN 83,000 is too much to lose in this hard time
The victim's phone number is 08062910669, pls he needs help

I have attached the pictures of his chat below

1 Share

Re: How A Nairalander Was Scammed of #83,000 by Nobody: 12:36pm On Sep 29, 2016
:cc lalasticlala , myndy44 pls help cry
Re: How A Nairalander Was Scammed of #83,000 by drmanJ(m): 1:11pm On Sep 29, 2016
pls, those that have overcome similar cases or have any idea abt it should pls help this guy.. 83k no be small money.
Re: How A Nairalander Was Scammed of #83,000 by OCTAVO: 1:17pm On Sep 29, 2016
Hmmm lipsrsealed
Re: How A Nairalander Was Scammed of #83,000 by debbydee(f): 1:39pm On Sep 29, 2016
my God. This is bad. Why are people bent on spoiling online business.

I hope the scammer is caught.
Re: How A Nairalander Was Scammed of #83,000 by slimjay0001: 3:04pm On Sep 29, 2016
The moderator must see to this ad make sure the scammer is caught... This is bad for a platform like nairaland. Take note please...
Re: How A Nairalander Was Scammed of #83,000 by bobo65(m): 3:16pm On Sep 29, 2016
Pls O, d guy dat was scammed na my personal person

Enterpro Singapore1 dragnet

Come o
Re: How A Nairalander Was Scammed of #83,000 by einsteine(m): 3:21pm On Sep 29, 2016
Report to the police. They would get a court order and the bank as well as the account officer would be mandated to trace him through his account details. The reason people get away with this is because most people don't bother to follow up with the legal process.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How A Nairalander Was Scammed of #83,000 by Singapore1(m): 3:25pm On Sep 29, 2016
bobo65:
Pls O, d guy dat was scammed na my personal person

Enterpro Singapore1 dragnet

Come o

that is greatunique22 number
Re: How A Nairalander Was Scammed of #83,000 by koladex01(m): 3:25pm On Sep 29, 2016
They Are really Spoiling Online bis......How i wish dis guy can b located
Re: How A Nairalander Was Scammed of #83,000 by EnterPRO: 3:30pm On Sep 29, 2016
mayorall:

God dey your back. Just coming back from the East where I went to find one that reversed #351,500 January this year. He was same guy who scammed meetmal of 400k plus early this year. Also a nairalander of $1000. I recovered #200,000 from the parent already even when they are hiding him. I opened a police case file for him already in his location for easy location by EFCC or other security agents cos he his a state criminal . also met a nairalander on my journey, Suxxman . lively G. I will soon release his pictures, where his mum works, his mum and Dad phone number. Picture of his house, picture of his dad car, his younger brother, his younger sister, his dad and their last born pictures online for easy identification

His name is oko James Egwu. Uses Gtbank and Ecobank account.
gabman700:
@Ziego, was the fund transferred to the company's account or individual's ?

If coy's
Post the account number.

I pity his girlfriends.
Re: How A Nairalander Was Scammed of #83,000 by Singapore1(m): 3:32pm On Sep 29, 2016
some people don't even know what is at stake when buying and selling Bitcoin , i just laugh

when it comes to bitcoin there is nothing like tracing or tracking, i mean that is the purpose of bitcoin ( anonymous trading )

unlike like e-currency there is no way to get your bitcoin back once the money has been sent

well you can only trace the bank account

if anybody approached you concerning bitcoin make sure the btc is coming from BLOCKCHAIN
then collect his btc address , search the btc address from blockchain history, you will see his or her transaction history,

with that you will know if he has recieve or send out any btc

abeg pardon my english

3 Likes

Re: How A Nairalander Was Scammed of #83,000 by Nobody: 4:56pm On Sep 29, 2016
:cc lalasticlala pls help.. Pls
Re: How A Nairalander Was Scammed of #83,000 by Emmyk(m): 5:14pm On Sep 29, 2016
The scammer even geh mind. Have you searched him on Facebook to see his face?
Re: How A Nairalander Was Scammed of #83,000 by kevoh(m): 6:13pm On Sep 29, 2016
What's this I'll refund you by weekend? You have been paid 83k, y not send the man the bitcoin equivalent immediately! angry
Re: How A Nairalander Was Scammed of #83,000 by Mariesio: 6:18pm On Sep 29, 2016
Better you upload the screenshot with his no showing . Delete his name so that only his no will show on the screenshot

2 Likes

Re: How A Nairalander Was Scammed of #83,000 by akpananiefiok(m): 6:42pm On Sep 29, 2016
That guy should be caught and jailed
Re: How A Nairalander Was Scammed of #83,000 by Trut(m): 7:04pm On Sep 29, 2016
The best way to evade scammers is to buy bitcoin and other e-currencies from trusted exchangers like gold2naira.com, naira4dollar.com, instantgold.ng etc. Stop transacting with an unknown entity you met online.

2 Likes

Re: How A Nairalander Was Scammed of #83,000 by Nobody: 7:46pm On Sep 29, 2016
Trut:
They best way to evade scanners is to buy bitcoin and other e-currencies from trusted exchangers like gold2naira.com, naira4dollar.com, instantgold.ng etc. Stop transacting with an unknown entity you met online.
Mistake has been made but need help on how to get to this scammer or get this account frozen, and also expose this guy who knows who might be his next victim. He might come up with another strategy tomorrow
Re: How A Nairalander Was Scammed of #83,000 by Trut(m): 8:44pm On Sep 29, 2016
Appland:

Mistake has been made but need help on how to get to this scammer or get this account frozen, and also expose this guy who knows who might be his next victim. He might come up with another strategy tomorrow

The solution is to report to the police, the police will get a court order on your behalf against the scammer's bank where the money was transferred to and the account will be frozen.
Re: How A Nairalander Was Scammed of #83,000 by moski5(m): 9:52pm On Sep 29, 2016
Trut:

The solution is to report to the police, the police will get a court order on your behalf against the scammer's bank where the money was transferred to and the account will be frozen.

Appland yor friend shud try see if you can get a court order to reverse the transaction so if the guy has money in the account it will be refunded to you Go as far as getting his other accounts blocked since they are linked With his details on the bank system they find his home address and track him, with his phone number you can do a navigatory search, get Interpol to put a no fly 'zone' for him.

em that's going way too far based on the amount

anyways he did mention he'll pay back

NB there are registered companies in Nigeria that trade in Bitcoin

I guess I know what he is doing with your money.
Re: How A Nairalander Was Scammed of #83,000 by moski5(m): 9:58pm On Sep 29, 2016
Singapore1:
some people don't even know what is at stake when buying and selling Bitcoin , i just laugh

when it comes to bitcoin there is nothing like tracing or tracking, i mean that is the purpose of bitcoin ( anonymous trading )

unlike like e-currency there is no way to get your bitcoin back once the money has been sent

well you can only trace the bank account

if anybody approached you concerning bitcoin make sure the btc is coming from BLOCKCHAIN
then collect his btc address , search the btc address from blockchain history, you will see his or her transaction history,

with that you will know if he has recieve or send out any btc

abeg pardon my english

its the account and the account holder that one wants to track ... op is saying the guy hasn't even sent it
Re: How A Nairalander Was Scammed of #83,000 by moski5(m): 9:59pm On Sep 29, 2016
kevoh:
What's this I'll refund you by weekend? You have been paid 83k, y not send the man the bitcoin equivalent immediately! angry

I believe he's reinvesting d money if all goes well he'll make over 100 times the money in a week or lose all
Re: How A Nairalander Was Scammed of #83,000 by moski5(m): 10:04pm On Sep 29, 2016
Trut:
The best way to evade scammers is to buy bitcoin and other e-currencies from trusted exchangers like gold2naira.com, naira4dollar.com, instantgold.ng etc. Stop transacting with an unknown entity you met online.

read their TnC first like naira4dollar won't credit you if they dont have currency to sell Even after reading the terms read everything as they will post messages relating to your purchase Also Read reviews on them Read as many as you can find, also ask eg is naira4dollars scam, read all that's related
Re: How A Nairalander Was Scammed of #83,000 by whizqueen(f): 10:46pm On Sep 29, 2016
This bitcoin issue is real big.

Emma I really hope you get your money back
Re: How A Nairalander Was Scammed of #83,000 by wowdiva: 12:09am On Sep 30, 2016
Oh Man! This is bad
Re: How A Nairalander Was Scammed of #83,000 by Nobody: 8:00am On Sep 30, 2016
moski5:

I believe he's reinvesting d money if all goes well he'll make over 100 times the money in a week or lose all
No that is how scammer behaves at times... Just to calm you down.. Moreover I search his number on nairaland here and got a lot of complaints about the guy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How A Nairalander Was Scammed of #83,000 by otunbakolawole(m): 10:02am On Sep 30, 2016
Long story. whoever paid money into the said scammer account should walk to any police station with said evidence, the police will gladly follow you to the bank where a restriction can be placed on the said account ASAP. Then you follow up from their.

3 Likes

Re: How A Nairalander Was Scammed of #83,000 by drmanJ(m): 1:10pm On Sep 30, 2016
to start with, the bank account owner should be investigated, the lady knows about it.
Re: How A Nairalander Was Scammed of #83,000 by Nobody: 7:04pm On Sep 30, 2016
it looks like the scammer is in possession of the atm cards of the account holders, thats if they are not in connivance with eachother. the withdrawal history and amount withdrawn will reveal who withdrew the money.

1 Like

Re: How A Nairalander Was Scammed of #83,000 by Obynolee(f): 8:37pm On Sep 30, 2016
Trut:

That's, if there is still money in the account, do you think that they will leave the money there?. He said that he uses the account for such transactions.

(1) (Reply)

Transport Business In 2016. My Experience / Pigry/snail Business / How Do I Unsubscribe From Mtnplay Linda Ikejis?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.