Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,366 members, 7,819,315 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:16 PM

How I Was Almost Scammed Of 1.5 Million Naira - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How I Was Almost Scammed Of 1.5 Million Naira (2352 Views)

How I Was Scammed Of N2,000000 This Year January / Help A 23yrs Old Student Who Was Scammed Of $500 Btc / ||SCAM ALERT!!! Don't Be A Victim||*UPDATES ON PAGES 1-7* (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Was Almost Scammed Of 1.5 Million Naira by Olaide1295: 4:51am On Mar 27, 2017
What happened to me in the past two days is really an eye opener on how sophisticated and dexterous Nigerian Scammers are. I'm one of those who believe they are too smart to be scammed. I wasn't scammed sha but this scam shock me.

---------Here is how it all went------
Thursday evening I was contacted on WhatsApp by a lady that needs CFA currency.
She mentioned Dubai and gave me an impression of being a well-to-do entrepreneur. Speaks English fluently and better than the average Nigerian. She is based in PH and would send someone to collect the cash to give to her supplier.

We agreed to a rate and that we're going to change the money by Friday. Total transaction was about 1.5 million naira and I sent her account details. The understanding was she'll send the transfer b4 I physically hand over cash to her agent.
9:00am on Friday, I was waiting with 2million CFA in cash at Idiroko border. There was a sort of Miscommunication and deal didn't go through but I received an alert of 1.44 million in my Skye bank account. The lady was apprehensive and very scared cos she has sent money to someone she doesn't know from Adam.
I tried my best to assure her that her money is safe as I'm not a scammer and I wanted her to know that not all of us are Fraudsters. I was even worried that she was worried. I got home around 8:00 pm

6:30am next day on Saturday after my prayers, I was enroute seme border, I didn't know there was environmental sanitation so I had problems with movement and I got there late.
Immediately i got there, I checked with my Skye bank but the money was not in my account. I showed them the alert and they didn't understand what's happening. They opined the sender should check with her account officer.
Unfortunately, I already trusted this Lady cos of the way she was panicking that she'll loose her goods at Cotonou if she doesn't pay on time. (Claimed she owned meltod fashion) and I wanted a repeat customer. So I told a close friend of mine to transfer 1 milla to my account, then I'll convert it and give her agent half payment so she can at least secure her goods. She was now crying that she is afraid, her money is now spending 2 to 3 days in an unknown person's account.
Immediately I was about withdrawing the money, I felt hesitant a bit. Naturally, I hated a kobo leaving my account. My brain started asking questions and it became a chain reaction.
The messenger asked me what is happening and I sat him down. Asked him a few questions about the lady Nkechi( does he know her personally, her address et.c) and subtly threatened him with police.
I went to pick my phone which I was charging. Messenger took the opportunity and ran away. I knew he could run but i allowed him to be sure my suspicion was right. It gave me time to ask where Ill get police.
Let me not bore you with what I did next. I'm now going to trace d scammers and make them pay for my 5k(Tfare e.t.c) and any money I spend in finding them. THE ZUBY77 WAY

Her phone number: +234 902 346 0734
Her husband's phone: +234 701 167 0787
The agent's phone: 09025503717

My opinion:
They have an insider @skye bank because the message included my accurate details and they knew my account balance
They sent alert to the phone number registered to my account. How did they get that number?

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Almost Scammed Of 1.5 Million Naira by okirewaju(f): 4:58am On Mar 27, 2017
shocked
Re: How I Was Almost Scammed Of 1.5 Million Naira by afbstrategies: 4:59am On Mar 27, 2017
The only way for crimes like this one to succeed is when nothing is done to deal with perpetrators like the one you encountered.

Good luck!

5 Likes

Re: How I Was Almost Scammed Of 1.5 Million Naira by Paulpaulpaul(m): 5:00am On Mar 27, 2017
That was close but congrats

1 Like

Re: How I Was Almost Scammed Of 1.5 Million Naira by AnyibestDede(m): 5:33am On Mar 27, 2017
Thank ur stars bro! Am glad u did not get greedy
Re: How I Was Almost Scammed Of 1.5 Million Naira by IsaacBuchi(m): 8:53am On Mar 27, 2017
lalasticlala come o, this one pass my eyes o! shocked
Re: How I Was Almost Scammed Of 1.5 Million Naira by KingOfThePay(m): 11:58am On Mar 27, 2017
Lucky Smart.
Re: How I Was Almost Scammed Of 1.5 Million Naira by Viking007(m): 8:14am On Apr 08, 2017
IsaacBuchi:
lalasticlala come o, this one pass my eyes o! shocked
This should be on front page.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Almost Scammed Of 1.5 Million Naira by Ayodehji202: 8:43am On Apr 08, 2017
And unfortunately she might be usingva fake picture too

3 Likes

Re: How I Was Almost Scammed Of 1.5 Million Naira by Nobody: 8:45am On May 04, 2017
Olaide1295:

My opinion:
They have an insider @skye bank because the message included my accurate details and they knew my account balance
They sent alert to the phone number registered to my account. How did they get that number?
I disabled SMS Alerts on my registered numbers long ago.
Now I check my online banking AND double check with email alerts for confirmation.

3 Likes

Re: How I Was Almost Scammed Of 1.5 Million Naira by Dream369: 9:10am On May 04, 2017
Op did the amount add up to your current balance when you received the alert?
Re: How I Was Almost Scammed Of 1.5 Million Naira by PassionateSoul(m): 9:37am On May 04, 2017
Re: How I Was Almost Scammed Of 1.5 Million Naira by Sapiosexuality(m): 9:42am On May 04, 2017
Mynd44, Lalasticlala, please take this to the front page.
Re: How I Was Almost Scammed Of 1.5 Million Naira by Olaide1295: 3:43pm On May 04, 2017
Dream369:
Op did the amount add up to your current balance when you received the alert?
Yes, it did.
Makes me think there's an insider @skyebank
Re: How I Was Almost Scammed Of 1.5 Million Naira by africanman85: 6:05pm On May 04, 2017
Olaide1295:

Yes, it did.
Makes me think there's an insider @skyebank
shocked[quote author=Olaide1295 post=56204728]
Yes, it did.
Makes me think there's an insider @skyebank[ this is serious o. Since you said your balance added. Anybody can fall for this o.

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Almost Scammed Of 1.5 Million Naira by ExchangerPLUS: 7:00pm On May 04, 2017
This one is strong. @Tabbaz, @Puskin, have you heard of this before now?
Re: How I Was Almost Scammed Of 1.5 Million Naira by Nobody: 8:13pm On May 04, 2017
Check with the bank and lodge a formal complaint.

Every teller that posts or reverses money on your account through the banking software has his staff I. D. Stamped to the transaction.

He/She should be asked why he posted and reversed money into and out of your account. They can also investigate him to know if he has been in touch with the suspected scammers. A court order or appropriate legal document to to his network service provider(s)will get his call details.

Report to the RICO (fraud and audit unit of the bank) or Bank Manager.Better still, go to the head branch of your bank and lodge a formal complaint.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Almost Scammed Of 1.5 Million Naira by miqos03: 8:51pm On May 04, 2017
@op, you need to take this further with the bank
Re: How I Was Almost Scammed Of 1.5 Million Naira by Tabbaz(m): 12:16am On May 05, 2017
Olaide1295:

we thank God you are saved. try check the thread in my signature. this scam technique is FOOL SMS scam. I have warned people about it.

they may not have insider. one of them may trade with you that very day and got your details. Having insider is not impossible task in naija sha

Could you pls upload any sort of written communication (like screenshot) you had with them so that i use it as evidence in order to enlist their numbers in scammer list database

Also, I will implore you to verify the picture attached 100% of scammers don't use their real pictures. they get them from facebook et al. more reason why people (espacially female) should stop displaying their pictures in public
Re: How I Was Almost Scammed Of 1.5 Million Naira by BossKratos: 12:20am On May 05, 2017
Scamology! grin
Re: How I Was Almost Scammed Of 1.5 Million Naira by essay123(m): 8:43pm On May 20, 2018
Same thing happened to me. I wanted to sell an iphone X to one guy, he chatted me on whatsapp and told me to meet him at abuleegba cos I stay in Abeokuta and him in Lagos. The first day I waited from 5pm till 8.30pm the guy didn't show up, he kept on telling me he was coming " stuck traffic" until I left very late that day.
The next day he begged me to come again and I told him i can only meet him at Sango. The Mumu delayed until 8pm again, then he showed up with a low battery. He got my account number, did as if he transferred, told me he was going to the car to charge, I went to meet him at the car and he showed me an alert of 200k with my name on it. Wetin even pain me pass he collected 1500 from me to buy rice and chicken.
But I don't trust alerts, I opened my Gtbank app waiting for his alert uptill today the alert no show. From head to toe he looked devilish, with his red eyes due to constant use of weed and his stupid dreads.

I asked him to show me the transaction inside his bank app he said he doesn't use bank app
Show me your debit alert message again, he said he already deleted it "he said because of police, that they disturb him"

Maybe he was even there to rub me self, him and him uber driver.

As I left like this omo see race oh, enter crowd. Very foolish boy, I could even sense the evil in him. He taught me a lesson anyways. The next day like this, him whatsapp no go again.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Almost Scammed Of 1.5 Million Naira by haryomikun(m): 12:31am On Aug 05, 2018
Olaide1295:

---------Here is how it all went------

You're an ibogun guy yeah?
Re: How I Was Almost Scammed Of 1.5 Million Naira by Olaide1295: 7:27am On Aug 05, 2018
haryomikun:

You're an ibogun guy yeah?

Back then...yeah

(1) (Reply)

Is Bet9ja Being Monopolies By Some Powerful Super Agent? / How To Make Money With GTBANK Affiliate Program / Please List Your Logistics Or Dispatch Company Here For Partnership

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.