Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,750 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:12 AM

She Sent This Message To Her Recruiter Barely A Week After Interview - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / She Sent This Message To Her Recruiter Barely A Week After Interview (34828 Views)

Lady Loses A Job After She Sent Messages Using Abbreviations / How To Answer ''Tell Us About Yourself'' When A Recruiter Asks You / E-recruiter MTN Graduate Trainee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

She Sent This Message To Her Recruiter Barely A Week After Interview by ify2016: 3:30pm On Sep 29, 2016
A friend of mine out of her interest in landing a job in a particular company after a successful interview decided to send this message to the Human Resources and now she is regretting ever doing it.

So, was it bad of her sending that message to the recruiter so that she won't try it again next time.

Thanks good people of Nairaland. Your opinion is highly welcome.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: She Sent This Message To Her Recruiter Barely A Week After Interview by delishpot: 3:31pm On Sep 29, 2016
Not a bad idea to send a message but the way she composed the message is not inspiring.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: She Sent This Message To Her Recruiter Barely A Week After Interview by Speeddial(m): 3:42pm On Sep 29, 2016
What was the reply from the HR that made you think that the text was what cost her the job? Maybe I will take it from there.

14 Likes

Re: She Sent This Message To Her Recruiter Barely A Week After Interview by ify2016: 3:44pm On Sep 29, 2016
According to her she has not received any reply yet.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: She Sent This Message To Her Recruiter Barely A Week After Interview by kecy19(m): 4:03pm On Sep 29, 2016
Barely a week old shocked. That's so fast to send that kind of message to the HR. Instead she could have just sent a "Thank you note" for the interview. Tell her she should be more prayerful and leave everything to God. It's well for your friend

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: She Sent This Message To Her Recruiter Barely A Week After Interview by ify2016: 4:36pm On Sep 29, 2016
May every hand that advice her never be disappointed in their job search. You shall be visited at your point of needs.

Please, I know we can do more than this. Let the opinion keep coming.

Thanks Nairaland

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: She Sent This Message To Her Recruiter Barely A Week After Interview by Zirah: 4:44pm On Sep 29, 2016
1. A week is too short to request for a feedback.

2. Grammatical blunders noted in the text.

3. Don't attempt that next time.

11 Likes

Re: She Sent This Message To Her Recruiter Barely A Week After Interview by ify2016: 4:53pm On Sep 29, 2016
Zirah:
1. A week is too short to request for a feedback.

2. Grammatical blunders noted in the text.

3. Don't attempt that next time.

Please ma, cite the Grammatical blunder you observed so that other people like her can learn..

God bless you for your kindness.

3 Likes

Re: She Sent This Message To Her Recruiter Barely A Week After Interview by ruffp: 6:09pm On Sep 29, 2016
If she isn't called, it definitely wouldn't be based on the text. The only thing that text would do is form a notion based on its poor composition. If she is called for another interview, she better impress.

4 Likes

Re: She Sent This Message To Her Recruiter Barely A Week After Interview by mikool007(m): 6:56pm On Sep 29, 2016
All i c is a very desperate English major grin

2 Likes

Re: She Sent This Message To Her Recruiter Barely A Week After Interview by Paragon001(m): 8:00pm On Sep 29, 2016
ify2016:

Please ma, cite the Grammatical blunder you observed so that other people like her can learn..

To use HAS for PROCESSES is wrong. I guess she meant "....PROCESSES HAVE gone" or "....PROCESS HAS gone".

14 Likes

Re: She Sent This Message To Her Recruiter Barely A Week After Interview by lafuria1(m): 8:27pm On Sep 29, 2016
But the message hasn't been sent yet, who took the screen shot. I no believe this gist.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: She Sent This Message To Her Recruiter Barely A Week After Interview by Nobody: 10:02pm On Sep 29, 2016
All of una, na una friend dey always get issues, una no dey get. Op, just confess say na you wan send that message make I know the kain advice wey I go kan give you. grin

But first confess. angry

Lastmumu

52 Likes

Re: She Sent This Message To Her Recruiter Barely A Week After Interview by casttlebarbz(m): 10:06pm On Sep 29, 2016
Y b say na every nairalanders friends dey get issue ....my friend this a friend that

Hmmm...I no tok say u dey lie o

2 Likes

Re: She Sent This Message To Her Recruiter Barely A Week After Interview by Zirah: 10:08pm On Sep 29, 2016
You are right and very observant.
lafuria1:
But the message hasn't been sent yet, who took the screen shot. I no believe this gist.

6 Likes

Re: She Sent This Message To Her Recruiter Barely A Week After Interview by Nobody: 11:55pm On Sep 29, 2016
Kikikikiki cheesy

Op, see as you cast yourself!

Abeg no send that message. Just be patient and pray

1 Like

Re: She Sent This Message To Her Recruiter Barely A Week After Interview by Nobody: 4:31am On Sep 30, 2016
ify2016:
A friend of mine out of her interest in landing a job in a particular company after a successful interview decided to send this message to the Human Resources and now she is regretting ever doing it.

So, was it bad of her sending that message to the recruiter so that she won't try it again next time.

Thanks good people of Nairaland. Your opinion is highly welcome.
Here is what I did below.. long story short, after the call I got the mouth watering internship offer.
So in my opinion you're good.

4 Likes

Re: She Sent This Message To Her Recruiter Barely A Week After Interview by femi4: 7:16am On Sep 30, 2016
ify2016:

I won't give her the job. Its like student telling the lecturer that he passed his exam even before seeing his result.

Writing to ascertain how positive......what give her the impression that it was positive?

This is how to humbly make a request:

I will like to know the status of my interview bla bla

2 Likes

Re: She Sent This Message To Her Recruiter Barely A Week After Interview by jedisco(m): 7:50am On Sep 30, 2016
@op I hope you know this topic may likely get to the front page giving it much more visibility which may jeopardise your/her chances if getting the job. This may simply mean that anything that happens in the office would be posted online. You should mask the name of the company and your/her name in the screenshot.

As per the deed, it has already been done. No need crying over spilt milk. All you can do is to hope for the best.
Re: She Sent This Message To Her Recruiter Barely A Week After Interview by jashar(f): 9:33am On Sep 30, 2016
It was a good move, but the content was poor.

4 Likes

Re: She Sent This Message To Her Recruiter Barely A Week After Interview by Zirah: 9:49am On Sep 30, 2016
I differ. Like l said, a week is too short. In your case, you contacted a known person not HR. And your reference to "Bassim" is another point to consider.

desiigner:

Here is what I did below.. long story short, after the call I got the mouth watering internship offer.
So in my opinion you're good.

2 Likes

Re: She Sent This Message To Her Recruiter Barely A Week After Interview by Nobody: 11:16am On Sep 30, 2016
Zirah:
I differ. Like l said, a week is too short. In your case, you contacted a known person not HR. And your reference to "Bassim" is another point to consider.

Nope, I contacted the HR, though Bassim interviewed me but he was just the hiring manager.
And they also told me during the interview that they would get back to me in a week's time, that was why I sent the reminder email when it's one week and some few days.
But seriously a week ain't too short.

2 Likes

Re: She Sent This Message To Her Recruiter Barely A Week After Interview by southernbelle(f): 11:19am On Sep 30, 2016
Unimpressive writeup.

2 Likes

Re: She Sent This Message To Her Recruiter Barely A Week After Interview by Nobody: 11:19am On Sep 30, 2016
lipsrsealed
Re: She Sent This Message To Her Recruiter Barely A Week After Interview by Nobody: 11:20am On Sep 30, 2016
I am writing to ascertain how positive d customer relation interview processes conducted on 15/9/16 has gone so far.
Wich kind sentence composition be dis?

1 Like

Re: She Sent This Message To Her Recruiter Barely A Week After Interview by dollaflow(m): 11:21am On Sep 30, 2016
hmmm
Re: She Sent This Message To Her Recruiter Barely A Week After Interview by Realmcfynest: 11:21am On Sep 30, 2016
This is strong o. Before any advice op, pls learn to be patient, let your phone charge to 100% first before sending any message

Some skills hiring managers are looking out for are Attention to detail and patience.

Besides it is few minutes to Four, thats a time to close the day, you may send such between 10am or 12noon, that way she can reply you ASAP

2 Likes

Re: She Sent This Message To Her Recruiter Barely A Week After Interview by Etizz: 11:28am On Sep 30, 2016
hmmm ...nothing us really wrong with it, it just dat, most of the people in charge of employment feel like god.... u try to please dem u will be in trouble, u refuse to please dem u will be in trouble..... confused set of people.

1 Like

Re: She Sent This Message To Her Recruiter Barely A Week After Interview by ariesbull: 11:30am On Sep 30, 2016
Assistant marketing executive will be involved in the relationship marketing of existing customers as well as making new prospects to increase the customer base of the company.
He will work directly work with the marketing executives by pooling sales for the company.

He will involve in driving company’s pool car.
Main Duties / Key Accountabilities

Identify business opportunities by identifying prospects and evaluating their position in the industry; researching and analyzing sales option.
Make sales of products by establishing and maintaining relationship with the clients, recommending solution.
Involve in driving company’s pool car.
Increase the effectiveness and efficiency of support services through improvement to each function such as operations, finance e.t.c
Regular checking of vehicle for proper servicing, adequate fuelling and updated documents.
Record sales information and maintain customer records.
Arrange meeting with potential clients.
Reviewing your own sales performance, aiming to meet or exceed targets
All other responsibilities as may be required for the achievement of the company’s vision, mission and strategic units.
Competencies: Education, Training and Experience

OND in any related discipline.
Candidates must have at least 1 year relevant and demonstrable experience in marketing.
Candidates must have at 3 years driving experience with valid driving license.
Candidates must be conversant with Lagos Road Network.
Personal Attributes:

Visionary
Strategic thinker.
Target oriented goal
Dealing with complexity
Customer Driven
Brand Champion
Skills & Knowledge Required:

Good teamwork skills
Goal oriented skills
Strong Communication and Presentation skills.
Adaptability
Good organizational and planning skills
Creativity
Remuneration
N30,000.00 per month.

https://etimesafrica./2016/09/30/entry-level-assistant-marketing-executives/
Re: She Sent This Message To Her Recruiter Barely A Week After Interview by ariesbull: 11:31am On Sep 30, 2016

Assistant marketing executive will be involved in the relationship marketing of existing customers as well as making new prospects to increase the customer base of the company.
He will work directly work with the marketing executives by pooling sales for the company.

He will involve in driving company’s pool car.
Main Duties / Key Accountabilities

Identify business opportunities by identifying prospects and evaluating their position in the industry; researching and analyzing sales option.
Make sales of products by establishing and maintaining relationship with the clients, recommending solution.
Involve in driving company’s pool car.
Increase the effectiveness and efficiency of support services through improvement to each function such as operations, finance e.t.c
Regular checking of vehicle for proper servicing, adequate fuelling and updated documents.
Record sales information and maintain customer records.
Arrange meeting with potential clients.
Reviewing your own sales performance, aiming to meet or exceed targets
All other responsibilities as may be required for the achievement of the company’s vision, mission and strategic units.
Competencies: Education, Training and Experience

OND in any related discipline.
Candidates must have at least 1 year relevant and demonstrable experience in marketing.
Candidates must have at 3 years driving experience with valid driving license.
Candidates must be conversant with Lagos Road Network.
Personal Attributes:

Visionary
Strategic thinker.
Target oriented goal
Dealing with complexity
Customer Driven
Brand Champion
Skills & Knowledge Required:

Good teamwork skills
Goal oriented skills
Strong Communication and Presentation skills.
Adaptability
Good organizational and planning skills
Creativity
Remuneration
N30,000.00 per month.

https://etimesafrica./2016/09/30/entry-level-assistant-marketing-executives/

A growing blog is looking to hire some writers who can write on Technology, entrepreneurship and SMEs.

Qualification is irrelevant. Passion, humility and ability to write clearly and professionally is all that is required. Must reside in Lagos though.

Know anyone? Ask them to send a brief blurb

https://etimesafrica./2016/09/29/writer-wanted/

(1) (2) (Reply)

9 Things You Should Avoid During Job Interviews. / Nigerian Navy Recruitment Of HND, Bsc Holders For 2019, 2020 / Engineering Firm In Vi Test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.