Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,275 members, 7,839,371 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:49 PM

She Sent This Message To Her Recruiter Barely A Week After Interview - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / She Sent This Message To Her Recruiter Barely A Week After Interview (34841 Views)

Lady Loses A Job After She Sent Messages Using Abbreviations / How To Answer ''Tell Us About Yourself'' When A Recruiter Asks You / E-recruiter MTN Graduate Trainee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: She Sent This Message To Her Recruiter Barely A Week After Interview by skydancer: 11:37am On Sep 30, 2016
ify2016:
A friend of mine out of her interest in landing a job in a particular company after a successful interview decided to send this message to the Human Resources and now she is regretting ever doing it.

So, was it bad of her sending that message to the recruiter so that she won't try it again next time.

Thanks good people of Nairaland. Your opinion is highly welcome.
I thoroughly don't see anything bad about it. She's anxious about her result and I don't see anything wrong with that.

1 Like

Re: She Sent This Message To Her Recruiter Barely A Week After Interview by menix(m): 11:37am On Sep 30, 2016
Yawns...

Abeg who get Sagem charger
Re: She Sent This Message To Her Recruiter Barely A Week After Interview by moscobabs(m): 11:38am On Sep 30, 2016
f
Re: She Sent This Message To Her Recruiter Barely A Week After Interview by dfrost: 11:40am On Sep 30, 2016
What was thinking?
Re: She Sent This Message To Her Recruiter Barely A Week After Interview by Seun4FastLoans(f): 11:45am On Sep 30, 2016
Why can't she just pray to God. She doesn't need to send any message to Hr but to God almighty

1 Like

Re: She Sent This Message To Her Recruiter Barely A Week After Interview by louken(m): 11:52am On Sep 30, 2016
When recruiters wish to be contacted, they usually make it known and give a time limit after which you can start contacting them. They would usually drop the phone number or email address through which to reach them. Otherwise, you can use informal means to get the information you are seeking. One of them is through friends or contacts you have in the establishment. Your text message doesn't sound professional at all but since you probably interviewed for an entry level position, they will most likely laugh over it and ignore it. It may not affect your chances. If you must send a message, let it be a short thank you message. Don't let it bother you much but don't do it again
Re: She Sent This Message To Her Recruiter Barely A Week After Interview by koboko69: 12:10pm On Sep 30, 2016
Speeddial:
What was the reply from the HR that made you think that the text was what cost her the job? Maybe I will take it from there.

Its fake sef. That mesaage av not been sent. The individual is looking for reasons to send the text. It has only been typed, not sent

1 Like

Re: She Sent This Message To Her Recruiter Barely A Week After Interview by Abbeyme: 12:12pm On Sep 30, 2016
ify2016:

Please ma, cite the Grammatical blunder you observed so that other people like her can learn..

God bless you for your kindness.

This is supposed to be an official message, hence the salutation must be official. E.g. Sir, Dear Sir, Dear Human Resources Manager.....

The tone of the missive could be more formal as well as persuasive, sort of.
Re: She Sent This Message To Her Recruiter Barely A Week After Interview by OlujobaSamuel: 12:23pm On Sep 30, 2016
ariesbull:
Assistant marketing executive will be involved in the relationship marketing of existing customers as well as making new prospects to increase the customer base of the company.
He will work directly work with the marketing executives by pooling sales for the company.

He will involve in driving company’s pool car.
Main Duties / Key Accountabilities

Identify business opportunities by identifying prospects and evaluating their position in the industry; researching and analyzing sales option.
Make sales of products by establishing and maintaining relationship with the clients, recommending solution.
Involve in driving company’s pool car.
Increase the effectiveness and efficiency of support services through improvement to each function such as operations, finance e.t.c
Regular checking of vehicle for proper servicing, adequate fuelling and updated documents.
Record sales information and maintain customer records.
Arrange meeting with potential clients.
Reviewing your own sales performance, aiming to meet or exceed targets
All other responsibilities as may be required for the achievement of the company’s vision, mission and strategic units.
Competencies: Education, Training and Experience

OND in any related discipline.
Candidates must have at least 1 year relevant and demonstrable experience in marketing.
Candidates must have at 3 years driving experience with valid driving license.
Candidates must be conversant with Lagos Road Network.
Personal Attributes:

Visionary
Strategic thinker.
Target oriented goal
Dealing with complexity
Customer Driven
Brand Champion
Skills & Knowledge Required:

Good teamwork skills
Goal oriented skills
Strong Communication and Presentation skills.
Adaptability
Good organizational and planning skills
Creativity
Remuneration
N30,000.00 per month.

https://etimesafrica./2016/09/30/entry-level-assistant-marketing-executives/
bros, wetin? on top 30k, the tori too much abeg, you wan kill applicant? increase the pay cuz i know sey u fit wan reduce the tori, but na pay b koko, help that person wey need am for this economy, abeg
Re: She Sent This Message To Her Recruiter Barely A Week After Interview by SweetJoystick(m): 12:23pm On Sep 30, 2016
Recruiter: Leadway Assurance

Job applicant: Jumoke

1 Like

Re: She Sent This Message To Her Recruiter Barely A Week After Interview by Nobody: 1:42pm On Sep 30, 2016
Honestly I don't see the issue. Both writeups're a little difficult to decipher but I can tell the gist of the matter is whether asking for a follow up of an interview is bad.
My opinion, no. Sometimes people(companies in this matter) need a little reminder to show you're serious about something. People who enrolled in foreign universities are very conversant with this; how they blow your email account with reminders six times daily for a three month period. If anything I feel more people should do this to make employers know human lives are behind those CVs waiting for a chance to prove themselves.

2 Likes

Re: She Sent This Message To Her Recruiter Barely A Week After Interview by Nobody: 2:20pm On Sep 30, 2016
ify2016:
A friend of mine out of her interest in landing a job in a particular company after a successful interview decided to send this message to the Human Resources and now she is regretting ever doing it.

So, was it bad of her sending that message to the recruiter so that she won't try it again next time.

The message is needless.

Once a recruiter wants you, they contact you..

1 Like

Re: She Sent This Message To Her Recruiter Barely A Week After Interview by rhames(m): 6:40pm On Sep 30, 2016
idi--t
Re: She Sent This Message To Her Recruiter Barely A Week After Interview by obstead200(m): 7:15am On Oct 01, 2016
ify2016:

I know u are the owner of this message. I will advise u as follows:
Your grammar is very faulty, and ur writing style is poor. As a customer relations officer, ability to communicate Clearly in as few words as possible is very important, seeing that u have a lot of clients to deal with daily. Try to improve on this.

Secondly, forget this text and just send a thank u text. In a few weeks, u can send something like this. But get a friend very good with written English to vet it first
Re: She Sent This Message To Her Recruiter Barely A Week After Interview by ariesbull: 12:11pm On Oct 01, 2016
OlujobaSamuel:

bros, wetin? on top 30k, the tori too much abeg, you wan kill applicant? increase the pay cuz i know sey u fit wan reduce the tori, but na pay b koko, help that person wey need am for this economy, abeg

there might be commission and side deals ...so it's left for you to think about it bro

don't let salary deter you
Re: She Sent This Message To Her Recruiter Barely A Week After Interview by inspbado(m): 2:15pm On Oct 01, 2016
Your friend tried but she could have worded her feedback letter better. Most people versed in the recruitment process would always tell you that writing a thank you note to your interviewer enhances your chance of clinching the job. It puts you in the sub conscious of the recruiter. Now going to your friend's letter; methinks she should have written a "thank you" note, thanking the interviewer(s) for the opportunity to interview with them, and also sell herself further as a great fit for the job. Check out an example of a thank you letter I've written severally and which worked for me (although it also helped that I did great during the interview too).

Dear Mrs.....(it helps if you know the recruiter's name,makes your letter more personal)

I would like to thank you and the wonderful folks at (insert the name of company) for giving me the opportunity to interview with you for the position of (insert position be sought). I'm very grateful and deeply appreciative for making it to the interview stage.

Having seen first hand, at the interview, the wonderful work environment and culture (insert name of company) breeds, I am more than ever, motivated to work for your Organisation; because I thrive best in such a great environment.
I sincerely hope I made a good impression at the interview and I also hope I would be given the opportunity to show what a great asset I can be to (insert name of company)

Once again, thank you for being a wonderful interviewer and I hope to hear from you soon.

Please accept my kind regards.

Yours faithfully
Re: She Sent This Message To Her Recruiter Barely A Week After Interview by OlujobaSamuel: 4:59pm On Oct 01, 2016
ariesbull:

there might be commission and side deals ...so it's left for you to think about it bro

don't let salary deter you
no be me wan apply jare, just dey reason d pay for whosoever wan do am
Re: She Sent This Message To Her Recruiter Barely A Week After Interview by ariesbull: 9:05pm On Oct 03, 2016
OlujobaSamuel:
no be me wan apply jare, just dey reason d pay for whosoever wan do am

they are adults and they can reason for themselves
Re: She Sent This Message To Her Recruiter Barely A Week After Interview by toygod2: 7:36pm On Sep 08, 2017
I have also learnt from this thread

(1) (2) (Reply)

9 Things You Should Avoid During Job Interviews. / Nigerian Navy Recruitment Of HND, Bsc Holders For 2019, 2020 / Vacancies In Port Harcourt (urgent)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.