Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,903 members, 7,821,141 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:52 AM

Jesus Did Not Become Curse For You, Don't Mind Apostle Paul - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Did Not Become Curse For You, Don't Mind Apostle Paul (786 Views)

Father Mbaka’s Curse On Bishop Obinna And Okorocha Has Come To Pass / "Passenger In Keke Turns Python, Swallows A Boy In Bonny" - Apostle Paul Umoru / Birth Of Jesus: Did Mary Have Other Children Aside From Jesus Christ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jesus Did Not Become Curse For You, Don't Mind Apostle Paul by rexben(m): 5:09pm On Sep 29, 2016
Paul and his mysterious quotations. He almost never quoted accurately.
Let's see one of his dubious works.
Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us (because it is written, " Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree "wink
Gal 3:13
It is crystal clear that Paul got this from the old testament. He said "because it is written"
So, let's go to the old testament.
22 If a person commits a sin punishable by death and is executed, and you hang the corpse on a tree, 23 his body must not remain all night on the tree; instead you must make certain you bury him that same day, for the one who is left exposed on a tree is cursed by God. You must not defile your land which the Lord your God is giving you as an inheritance.
Deut 21:22-23
When a criminal is hung, his corpse must not remain on the tree through the night but if the corpse is left on the tree through the night, the person will be cursed by God.
Paul is now saying that it is written that "cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree". I wonder where he got this his version from. It is clear that Paul was lying. Paul is a thief.
Jesus was hung on the tree but His body was not left on the tree through the night. Therefore Jesus was not cursed by God. Matt 27:57-60
This negates Gal 3:13, If the Christ Paul was referring to is Jesus, then Jesus did not redeem you from curse by becoming a curse for you.
And he said, "Whoever has ears to hear had better listen!"
Mark 4:9
Quit following Paul and follow Jesus. You can't follow both.
Re: Jesus Did Not Become Curse For You, Don't Mind Apostle Paul by Nobody: 6:23pm On Sep 29, 2016
rexben:
Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us (because it is written, " Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree "wink
It is crystal clear that Paul got this from the old testament. He said "because it is written"
22 If a person commits a sin punishable by death and is executed, and you hang the corpse on a tree, 23 his body must not remain all night on the tree; instead you must make certain you bury him that same day, for the one who is left exposed on a tree is cursed by God. You must not defile your land which the Lord your God is giving you as an inheritance.
When a criminal is hung, his corpse must not remain on the tree through the night but if the corpse is left on the tree through the night, the person will be cursed by God.
Paul is now saying that it is written that "cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree". I wonder where he got this his version from. It is clear that Paul was lying. Paul is a thief.
Jesus was hung on the tree but His body was not left on the tree through the night. Therefore Jesus was not cursed by God. Matt 27:57-60
This negates Gal 3:13, If the Christ Paul was referring to is Jesus, then Jesus did not redeem you from curse by becoming a curse for you.

Paul was quoting a Greek translation of the Old Testament. He quoted it correctly. Jesus bore the curse of sin by becoming a sacrificial lamb.
Re: Jesus Did Not Become Curse For You, Don't Mind Apostle Paul by rexben(m): 8:00pm On Sep 29, 2016
lordnicklaus:

Paul was quoting a Greek translation of the Old Testament. He quoted it correctly. Jesus bore the curse of sin by becoming a sacrificial lamb.
This excuse of quoting Greek translation is inconsistent. Pls, can you provide the Greek translation? Why do you rely on the Greek translation over the original translation which is the Hebrew bible(Pentecostals call it Old testament)?
I understand your plight, Paul can't be wrong, right?
If you like give excuses from now to forever for Paul that doesn't change the fact that He is a liar and a thief.
Re: Jesus Did Not Become Curse For You, Don't Mind Apostle Paul by ayoku777(m): 9:16pm On Sep 29, 2016
rexben:

This is the original rendition of that text;

Deu 21:23 His body shall not remain all night upon the tree, but thou shalt in any wise bury him that day; (for he that is hanged is accursed of God; ) that thy land be not defiled, which the LORD thy God giveth thee for an inheritance.

And the phrase "for he that is hanged is accursed of God " is the hebrew "Talah qelalah Elohiym". Which translates exactly as it was phrased in the KJV.

If the phrase were to be "he that is LEFT HANGING is accursed of God." or "he that REMAINS HANGING is accursed of God. " ; as you said,

Then the word "yathar" (left or left behind ) or "shawar" (remain) would have been added before "talah" (hanging or to hang). But the hebrew text wasn't phrased that way.

So that verse is not "he that is LEFT HANGING is accursed of God." It is exactly as the KJV translated it;

Deu 21:23 His body shall not remain all night upon the tree, but thou shalt in any wise bury him that day; (for he that is hanged is accursed of God; ) that thy land be not defiled, which the LORD thy God giveth thee for an inheritance.

Shalom
Re: Jesus Did Not Become Curse For You, Don't Mind Apostle Paul by rexben(m): 9:28pm On Sep 29, 2016
ayoku777:

This is the original rendition of that text;

And the phrase "for he that is hanged is accursed of God " is the hebrew "Talah qelalah Elohiym". Which translates exactly as it was phrased in the KJV.

If the phrase were to be "he that is LEFT HANGING is accursed of God." or "he that REMAINS HANGING is accursed of God. " ; as you said,

Then the word "yathar" (left or left behind ) or "shawar" (remain) would have been added before "talah" (hanging or to hang). But the hebrew text wasn't phrased that way.

So that verse is not "he that is LEFT HANGING is accursed of God." It is exactly as the KJV translated it;

Shalom
Are you saying Jesus is accursed because you're are claiming Jesus was cursed by God.
So I want you to understand that no one speaking by the Spirit of God says, "Jesus is cursed," and no one can say, "Jesus is Lord," except by the Holy Spirit.
1 Cor 12:3
Looking at it, Jesus was not a criminal. Or was He?
Re: Jesus Did Not Become Curse For You, Don't Mind Apostle Paul by ayoku777(m): 9:43pm On Sep 29, 2016
rexben:
Are you saying Jesus is accursed because you're are claiming Jesus was cursed by God.
So I want you to understand that no one speaking by the Spirit of God says, "Jesus is cursed," and no one can say, "Jesus is Lord," except by the Holy Spirit.
1 Cor 12:3
Looking at it, Jesus was not a criminal. Or was He?

He was made a curse for us, just as He was made sin for us

2Co 5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Isa 53:6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

He took our humanity, our sin and our curse, and died on the cross. And He rose and gave us His life, righteousness and blessings.

Shalom.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Did Not Become Curse For You, Don't Mind Apostle Paul by raphieMontella: 11:42am On Sep 30, 2016
lordnicklaus:

pauls teachings most times contrasted jesus's own...
I can show you some....

1 Like

Re: Jesus Did Not Become Curse For You, Don't Mind Apostle Paul by rexben(m): 9:20pm On Oct 01, 2016
ayoku777:

He was made a curse for us, just as He was made sin for us

2Co 5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Isa 53:6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

He took our humanity, our sin and our curse, and died on the cross. And He rose and gave us His life, righteousness and blessings.

Shalom.
So, Jesus was cursed by God, right?
Criminals were hanged, so they are cursed by God because they're criminals not because they are hanged.
Was Jesus a criminal?
Re: Jesus Did Not Become Curse For You, Don't Mind Apostle Paul by ayoku777(m): 3:09am On Oct 02, 2016
rexben:
So, Jesus was cursed by God, right?
Criminals were hanged, so they are cursed by God because they're criminals not because they are hanged.
Was Jesus a criminal?

Are you reading what I'm writing at all, and the scriptures I've been quoting?

Jesus was not a criminal or a sinner, but He took responsibility for our sins, and our iniquities were laid upon Him.

So the Father judged Him in our place as the sinner and the criminal.

That's why the scriptures said, He was numbered with (reckoned among) the transgressors.

Isa 53:12 Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.

Jesus Himself said so in the gospels;

Luk 22:37 For I say unto you, that this that is written must yet be accomplished in me, And he was reckoned among the transgressors: for the things concerning me have an end.

Jesus was not a criminal or a sinner, but He took our sins and our iniquities were laid upon Him, so He was judged on our behalf as the one who sinned.

Stop arguing with something that can be proved with so many scriptures. Because now it's the scriptures you're arguing with.

Shalom
Re: Jesus Did Not Become Curse For You, Don't Mind Apostle Paul by rexben(m): 12:55pm On Oct 02, 2016
ayoku777:

Are you reading what I'm writing at all, and the scriptures I've been quoting?

Jesus was not a criminal or a sinner, but He took responsibility for our sins, and our iniquities were laid upon Him.

So the Father judged Him in our place as the sinner and the criminal.

That's why the scriptures said, He was numbered with (reckoned among) the transgressors.

Isa 53:12 Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.

Jesus Himself said so in the gospels;

Luk 22:37 For I say unto you, that this that is written must yet be accomplished in me, And he was reckoned among the transgressors: for the things concerning me have an end.

Jesus was not a criminal or a sinner, but He took our sins and our iniquities were laid upon Him, so He was judged on our behalf as the one who sinned.

Stop arguing with something that can be proved with so many scriptures. Because now it's the scriptures you're arguing with.

Shalom
Lets start from here, what did Jesus say He came to do?

(1) (Reply)

Deny God, Deny Reality: Evidence Of Our Creator. / See What An Islamic Scholar Said About Muslims Wishing Christians Merry Xmas / Drop Your 2017 "By This Time Next Year" Wishes With Faith

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.