Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,337 members, 7,819,188 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:24 PM

Yorubas From Ijebu Are Descendents of North Sudan's Nubians - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Yorubas From Ijebu Are Descendents of North Sudan's Nubians (13991 Views)

Proof that Ijebu Are The Biblical Jebusites Or Jebus / Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure / My Take On Source of Yorubas from Benin As A Bini Nairalander (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yorubas From Ijebu Are Descendents of North Sudan's Nubians by GodSon34(m): 9:07am On Jun 17, 2018
If you've read the newyork times article and still think Ijebu are yoruba then I confuse! Denial much? Btw are you even Ijebu cos I am
OlaoChi:
Ìjẹ̀bú Nubians ���
Waddai weren't even Nubians. Stupid op
Ìjẹ̀bú is pure Yorùbá
Re: Yorubas From Ijebu Are Descendents of North Sudan's Nubians by Olu317(m): 10:51am On Jun 17, 2018
GodSon34:
If you've read the newyork times article and still think Ijebu are yoruba then I confuse! Denial much? Btw are you even Ijebu cos I am
Where in Ijebu are you from?
Re: Yorubas From Ijebu Are Descendents of North Sudan's Nubians by OlaoChi: 1:03pm On Jun 17, 2018
GodSon34:
. Lmao. First of all I've not read any newyork times article... More so what has newyork times to do with Ìjẹ̀bú history.

Secondly you are not Ìjẹ̀bú.. You don't even know anything about Ìjẹ̀bú. If I ask you where in Ìjẹ̀bú and what family compound you won't have an answer

1 Like

Re: Yorubas From Ijebu Are Descendents of North Sudan's Nubians by GodSon34(m): 1:14pm On Jun 17, 2018
Ijebu Ode, omo Kuku
Olu317:
Re: Yorubas From Ijebu Are Descendents of North Sudan's Nubians by GodSon34(m): 1:17pm On Jun 17, 2018
I posted the article on the thread! Read it!
I am a true son of Ijebu o., omo Kuku
OlaoChi:
. Lmao. First of all I've not read any newyork times article... More so what has newyork times to do with Ìjẹ̀bú history.

Secondly you are not Ìjẹ̀bú.. You don't even know anything about Ìjẹ̀bú. If I ask you where in Ìjẹ̀bú and what family compound you won't have an answer

1 Share

Re: Yorubas From Ijebu Are Descendents of North Sudan's Nubians by OlaoChi: 7:15pm On Jun 17, 2018
GodSon34:
I posted the article on the thread! Read it!
I am a true son of Ijebu o., omo Kuku

I've gone back to read it and I'm laughing here... Where in the article is it said that Ìjẹ̀bú are jebusites of the Middle East?

You are not Ìjẹ̀bú.. Go and look for your home in the middle east. No Ìjẹ̀bú son raised in the proper way of Ìjẹ̀bú traditions would go to Bible to pick jebusites as his ancestors
Re: Yorubas From Ijebu Are Descendents of North Sudan's Nubians by GodSon34(m): 7:34pm On Jun 17, 2018
Please I've just proved I'm ijebu. The Kuku family is a well known Ijebu name. So bye!
The article does explain that Ijebu are not yoruba. Can you read English? Who are you to tell me about my family history?
The ancient Ijebu kingdom is the oldest on earth mate. It was called Jebus or Salem or Jebusalem
OlaoChi:

I've gone back to read it and I'm laughing here... Where in the article is it said that Ìjẹ̀bú are jebusites of the Middle East?

You are not Ìjẹ̀bú.. Go and look for your home in the middle east. No Ìjẹ̀bú son raised in the proper way of Ìjẹ̀bú traditions would go to Bible to pick jebusites as his ancestors
Re: Yorubas From Ijebu Are Descendents of North Sudan's Nubians by GodSon34(m): 7:37pm On Jun 17, 2018
And I’m not claiming to be from the Middle East. The original Judah and Jerusalem have always been in Nigeria.
GodSon34:
Please I've just proved I'm ijebu. The Kuku family is a well known Ijebu name. So bye!
The article does explain that Ijebu are not yoruba. Can you read English? Who are you to tell me about my family history?
The ancient Ijebu kingdom is the oldest on earth mate. It was called Jebus or Salem or Jebusalem

Re: Yorubas From Ijebu Are Descendents of North Sudan's Nubians by BabaRamota1980: 4:03am On Jun 18, 2018
Olu317:

Ma da bobo yen lohun o. He got information on internet and adopted it for his Edo witchery. grin

1 Like

Re: Yorubas From Ijebu Are Descendents of North Sudan's Nubians by GodSon34(m): 7:52am On Jun 18, 2018
F#ck all of you. I’m clearly the only Ijebu here..
Re: Yorubas From Ijebu Are Descendents of North Sudan's Nubians by GodSon34(m): 8:45am On Jun 18, 2018
Shut up! Are you even Ijebu?
OlaoChi:

Re: Yorubas From Ijebu Are Descendents of North Sudan's Nubians by OlaoChi: 3:07pm On Jun 18, 2018
GodSon34:
Shut up! Are you even Ijebu?
. Rather than emphasize on who is Ìjẹ̀bú or not why not emphasize on facts and common sense

Ìjẹ̀bú jebusites cheesy
Re: Yorubas From Ijebu Are Descendents of North Sudan's Nubians by OlaoChi: 3:13pm On Jun 18, 2018
GodSon34:

cheesy. I can see you are you are not Sound, You had to reply me twice.. Second time with lots of emotion attached

It's obvious you cannot understand English. That article says nothing about Ìjẹ̀bú coming from any where outside Yorubaland or Ìjẹ̀bú being non Yoruba.
Like I said you're an imposter. No Ìjẹ̀bú will say he is a jebusite.. Did your father tell you that? cheesy

Shut up Ìjẹ̀bú history is not your family history. You can trace your family to the middle east of you like leave Ìjẹ̀bú kingdoms out of your stupidity

1 Like

Re: Yorubas From Ijebu Are Descendents of North Sudan's Nubians by GodSon34(m): 4:47pm On Jun 18, 2018
Mate it was my ancestor Balogun Kuku that led the wars against colonialism. Go and read about General Balogun Kuku. And once again I’m case you missed it, this is my family compound in Ijebu.
OlaoChi:

Then again you probably don’t even know about Ijebu..joker!
cheesy. I can see you are you are not Sound, You had to reply me twice.. Second time with lots of emotion attached

It's obvious you cannot understand English. That article says nothing about Ìjẹ̀bú coming from any where outside Yorubaland or Ìjẹ̀bú being non Yoruba.
Like I said you're an imposter. No Ìjẹ̀bú will say he is a jebusite.. Did your father tell you that? cheesy

Shut up Ìjẹ̀bú history is not your family history. You can trace your family to the middle east of you like leave Ìjẹ̀bú kingdoms out of your stupidity

Re: Yorubas From Ijebu Are Descendents of North Sudan's Nubians by OlaoChi: 4:55pm On Jun 18, 2018
GodSon34:
Mate it was my ancestor Balogun Kuku that led the wars against colonialism. Go and read about General Balogun Kuku. And once again I’m case you missed it, this is my family compound in Ijebu.

Instead of trying so hard to claim to be Ìjẹ̀bú on a faceless forum where nobody cares, you could be providing evidence to back up your claim that Ìjẹ̀bú are jebusites like since you claim to be Ìjẹ̀bú, you must know all about the rituals, the folksongs, oríkì, and oral history that mentions jebusites
Re: Yorubas From Ijebu Are Descendents of North Sudan's Nubians by GodSon34(m): 11:51pm On Jun 18, 2018
We shall all find out on judgement day. It is well!
OlaoChi:

Instead of trying so hard to claim to be Ìjẹ̀bú on a faceless forum where nobody cares, you could be providing evidence to back up your claim that Ìjẹ̀bú are jebusites like since you claim to be Ìjẹ̀bú, you must know all about the rituals, the folksongs, oríkì, and oral history that mentions jebusites
Re: Yorubas From Ijebu Are Descendents of North Sudan's Nubians by OlaoChi: 12:40am On Jun 19, 2018
GodSon34:
We shall all find out on judgement day. It is well!
in other words you have no evidence that they are jebusites?
Re: Yorubas From Ijebu Are Descendents of North Sudan's Nubians by GodSon34(m): 12:48am On Jun 19, 2018
Actually I just decided you’re not worth my time..Goodluck! Bye!
OlaoChi:
in other words you have no evidence that they are jebusites?
Re: Yorubas From Ijebu Are Descendents of North Sudan's Nubians by OlaoChi: 12:56am On Jun 19, 2018
GodSon34:
Actually I just decided you’re not worth my time..Goodluck! Bye!
Sir, if you have evidence, after going through all that stress to 'claim' proving yourself right would be a sweet prospect. Its not time, its lack of evidence. stop lying
Re: Yorubas From Ijebu Are Descendents of North Sudan's Nubians by GodSon34(m): 1:01am On Jun 19, 2018
It is time. You strike me as a troll! You have ignored the stuff I’ve posted so far and denied that the Newyork times article doesn’t prove Ijebu and Yoruba are diff? Like seriously? Waste of space me thinks
OlaoChi:
Sir, if you have evidence, after going through all that stress to 'claim' proving yourself right would be a sweet prospect. Its not time, its lack of evidence. stop lying
Re: Yorubas From Ijebu Are Descendents of North Sudan's Nubians by OlaoChi: 1:27am On Jun 19, 2018
GodSon34:
It is time. You strike me as a troll! You have ignored the stuff I’ve posted so far and denied that the Newyork times article doesn’t prove Ijebu and Yoruba are diff? Like seriously? Waste of space me thinks
A troll because i am not stupid to believe your bullcrap? It doesnt. the article simply states the Ijebus demanded toll over passage from Lagos
it doesnt state ijebus are non yorubas.
you seem to lack english comprehension
Re: Yorubas From Ijebu Are Descendents of North Sudan's Nubians by GodSon34(m): 1:31am On Jun 19, 2018
Issokay! I lack English comprehension. Taink you!
OlaoChi:
A troll because i am not stupid to believe your bullcrap? It doesnt. the article simply states the Ijebus demanded toll over passage from Lagos
it doesnt state ijebus are non yorubas.
you seem to lack english comprehension
Re: Yorubas From Ijebu Are Descendents of North Sudan's Nubians by KingSango(m): 1:32am On Jun 19, 2018
Rivertemz:
1.Origins of the Yoruba kingdom, Ijebu of pre-colonial Nigeria:

John Lliffe. Africans: The History of a Continent. Cambridge University Press. p. 80.

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5180/5520197244_d5dd69d98f_z.jpg

2.Migration from the Wadai Kingdom (modern day Sudan):

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/8b/CentralEastAfrica1750.png

3.The origins of the Wadai Kingdom:

4.Migrated from Nubia:

Arkell, A. J., "A History of Darfur. Part II: The Tunjur etc.", Sudan Notes and Records, 32, 2 (1951), 207-238.

(Images of the people of Dafur, north west Sudanese people, share a common ancestor with Yoruba people -- Descendants of Ancient Nubians)

Greetings,

This is very true and has more probability that the other theories of Yoruba origin. The Kankake, the Virgin Queen Mother of Kush, which is actually Sudan and not Ethiopia but did include parts of modern Ethiopia, she is buried in Ijebu. She is just one of the bloodline of pure African royal blood. The family lines does continue in Sudan. Oduduwa tall and dark like the Sudanese Dinkas and other ethnic groups. The local Ugandas call the Kushite empire Bunyoro Kitara. Yet every Afrikan ethnic has a name for something that maybe different name from other groups yet mean the same thing. Kush is the same as Bunyoro Kitara which is the same as ancient Ethiopia of the Bible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wyl5EwtnGuM

www.undergroundriseup..com

Ase

Love Sango
Re: Yorubas From Ijebu Are Descendents of North Sudan's Nubians by Felabarmudia: 11:28pm On Mar 28, 2021
macof:

oh please stop this utter freakshow display.

oral history is enough for yoruba children to know their origin. .. I have traced by bloodline back several generations knowing the names and deeds of much of my patriarchs through that oral history you are trying to discredit

if you don't know where your family house is, pity! you obviously cannot appreciate oral accounts and traditions. .

and just because Yoruba have nothing to do with Nubia doesn't mean we came out of the soil. Am talking cultural anthology here not biological anthology so don't use that "East africa origin of humanity" line, it is invalid here ..
There are more similarities between southern Nigerian people and the people of the savanna regions of central Africa than east or north africa. Yoruba civilization is a pure home grown one because our ancestors came from no other civilization. ..they established civilization in west africa, before that we were great hunters and herbalists not empire builders

.. but ignorant wishful thinkers like you want to cling to more popular groups of people eg. Egypt, Nubians...some even go as far as Israel, Palestinians, mecca, Syria. .. I've seen all kinds of nonsense on nairaland

Who is lamurudu?
Re: Yorubas From Ijebu Are Descendents of North Sudan's Nubians by macof(m): 3:32am On Mar 30, 2021
Felabarmudia:

Who is lamurudu?
A name that obviously entered Yoruba language through some sahelian language spoken by some of the earlier Muslim preachers in Yorubaland could be songhai, fulbe or even hausa

Lamurudu is supposed to be what the Arabs call Nimrud
A legendary/mythical figure probably based on some ancient sumerian priestking
Re: Yorubas From Ijebu Are Descendents of North Sudan's Nubians by Felabarmudia: 12:00pm On Mar 30, 2021
macof:

A name that obviously entered Yoruba language through some sahelian language spoken by some of the earlier Muslim preachers in Yorubaland could be songhai, fulbe or even hausa

Lamurudu is supposed to be what the Arabs call Nimrud
A legendary/mythical figure probably based on some ancient sumerian priestking

Lamurudu is part of yoruba history...
What am sure of is that we migrated from somewhere.

Re: Yorubas From Ijebu Are Descendents of North Sudan's Nubians by macof(m): 7:26pm On Mar 30, 2021
Felabarmudia:

Lamurudu is part of yoruba history...
What am sure of is that we migrated from somewhere.
Nope. That name does not feature in any Yoruba traditional setting. No oriki, no mention in anyone else's oriki, no ojubo or house in connection to this person as with typical Yoruba historical figures

And actually using common sense since we have established that "Lamurudu" entered Yoruba language through a sahelian language corrupting "Nimrud" we can tell that the whole Lamurudu tale is of no significance to Yoruba early history. At best we can only use it to examine the elements of 18th and 19th century yorubaland and how yorubas of that time interacted with northern Muslims.

Let me try to further explain to you why the Lamurudu thing is nonsensical.
Nimrud who is the original inspiration to Lamurudu is actually mythical/legendary not an actual person who we can historically trace.

A step further, the Arabs actually copied their Nimrud legend from Mesopotamia, the Hebrews also told a tale about him using the name "Nimrod" you can find this in genesis. Who this Nimrud or Nimrod really was nobody knows but historians theorise that this myth/legend of both Arabs and Hebrews were inspired by a possibly historical mesopotamian King who must have reigned over a sumerian center around 2000 BC

Thereby rendering any Islamic innovative tale of Oduduwa being the son of Nimrud King of Mecca inconsistent and illogical

You need to understand that yoruba history doesn't exist in a vacuum. The details must fit world history
Re: Yorubas From Ijebu Are Descendents of North Sudan's Nubians by Felabarmudia: 11:14am On Apr 01, 2021
macof:

Nope. That name does not feature in any Yoruba traditional setting. No oriki, no mention in anyone else's oriki, no ojubo or house in connection to this person as with typical Yoruba historical figures

And actually using common sense since we have established that "Lamurudu" entered Yoruba language through a sahelian language corrupting "Nimrud" we can tell that the whole Lamurudu tale is of no significance to Yoruba early history. At best we can only use it to examine the elements of 18th and 19th century yorubaland and how yorubas of that time interacted with northern Muslims.

Let me try to further explain to you why the Lamurudu thing is nonsensical.
Nimrud who is the original inspiration to Lamurudu is actually mythical/legendary not an actual person who we can historically trace.

A step further, the Arabs actually copied their Nimrud legend from Mesopotamia, the Hebrews also told a tale about him using the name "Nimrod" you can find this in genesis. Who this Nimrud or Nimrod really was nobody knows but historians theories that this myth/legend of both Arabs and Hebrews were inspired by a possibly historical mesopotamian King who must have reigned over a sumerian center around 2000 BC

Thereby rendering any Islamic innovative tale of Oduduwa being the son of Nimrud King of Mecca inconsistent and illogical

You need to understand that yoruba history doesn't exist in a vacuum. The details must fit world history
See what I found below.

1 Share

Re: Yorubas From Ijebu Are Descendents of North Sudan's Nubians by fadal(m): 6:36pm On Apr 01, 2021
I have an uncle that also told me that Haussa people are also from Susan
Re: Yorubas From Ijebu Are Descendents of North Sudan's Nubians by macof(m): 12:49pm On Apr 02, 2021
Felabarmudia:

See what I found below.
Lol

The article is just disjointed and confused with itself.
So who are the Yoruba according to the text? From mixing Nubians with Cushites running away from Arab invaders in Sudan to pre-Islamic Arabs at Mecca and Medina to being cushitic founders of the Egyptian civilization.
Wahala grin

Can you say you find the article revealing or enlightening?

Also those words listed as Egyptian words are inaccurate. I have an Egyptian dictionary and even using online dictionaries some of those words do not match the meaning given, other words don't even exist.
Re: Yorubas From Ijebu Are Descendents of North Sudan's Nubians by Olu317(m): 10:54am On Apr 03, 2021
Felabarmudia:

See what I found below.
Explaining migration theories to a deviant whose view is based on a partial part of the oral will not agree to a well studied research from renowned archeologists, linguists, anthropologist ,Historians, etc who have shown that Yoruba groups have plausible theories of wave of migration, from outside West Africa, which point to Mesopotamia to North Africa; Egypt, Morocco , Sudan and to West Africa.
Re: Yorubas From Ijebu Are Descendents of North Sudan's Nubians by macof(m): 12:21pm On Apr 03, 2021
Olu317:
Explaining migration theories to a deviant whose view is based on a partial part of the oral will not agree to a well studied research from renowned archeologists, linguists, anthropologist ,Historians, etc who have shown that Yoruba groups have plausible theories of wave of migration, from outside West Africa, which point to Mesopotamia to North Africa; Egypt, Morocco , Sudan and to West Africa.

Lol. There are no renowned archaeologists, linguists, anthropologists or historians today who would publish any nonsense like that. Knowledge has far outgrown that stage of chasing imaginative narratives
You have invested years of your life chasing Yoruba in North Africa and Western Asia
You have found no evidence yet so stop disturbing me

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Is The Yoruba Word For "Oak Tree" / Brazilian Tourists Vow To Promote Yoruba Culture / Why Do Most Benin Men Love Large Families?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.