Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,673 members, 7,823,907 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:52 PM

How Do I Fix This Windows 10 Problem? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How Do I Fix This Windows 10 Problem? (1813 Views)

New Built Computer With Possible Windows 10 Problem? / How Do I Fix This Windows 10 Error? / Help Me!! This Windows Installation Don Tire Me. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Fix This Windows 10 Problem? by KingOfTalk(m): 5:24am On Sep 30, 2016
Hello, recently I upgraded my HP Intel celeron (500GB hard drive, 4GB RAM, 1.60GHz processing speed) from windows 8 to 10 and updated my drivers with a driver pack I got from someone.
Some days later, I noticed this error information anytime I'm working on the system "Your PC ran into a problem, we'll restart for you" then later brings up a distorted screen display, a quick search on Google showed the problem is referred to as "Blue screen of death". I've tried the few solution tips online all to nothing, now I think my hard drive is badly affected because the system can't recognize it while trying to boot, please I need help in solving this very frustrating problem. I'll be very grateful. Attached below are pictures of the error information and screen display after the error information.

Lalasticlala biko, your help is needed.

Re: How Do I Fix This Windows 10 Problem? by rottennaija(m): 5:29am On Sep 30, 2016
You have to consider replacing the HDD
Re: How Do I Fix This Windows 10 Problem? by Abdul9025(m): 5:50am On Sep 30, 2016
format the hdd, partion it and install your windows 10..
Re: How Do I Fix This Windows 10 Problem? by horllamy(m): 6:35am On Sep 30, 2016
KingOfTalk:
Hello, recently I upgraded my HP Intel celeron (500GB hard drive, 4GB RAM, 1.60GHz processing speed) from windows 8 to 10 and updated my drivers with a driver pack I got from someone.
Some days later, I noticed this error information anytime I'm working on the system "Your PC ran into a problem, we'll restart for you" then later brings up a distorted screen display, a quick search on Google showed the problem is referred to as "Blue screen of death". I've tried the few solution tips online all to nothing, now I think my hard drive is badly affected because the system can't recognize it while trying to boot, please I need help in solving this very frustrating problem. I'll be very grateful. Attached below are pictures of the error information and screen display after the error information.

Lalasticlala biko, your help is needed.

window 10,usually give problem, just downgrade it to window 8

1 Like

Re: How Do I Fix This Windows 10 Problem? by salauwale(m): 6:53am On Sep 30, 2016
That blue screen usually gives an error code in hexadecimal 0x211C or something like that. Google that error code. Depending on your results from the search, insert a bootable cd and repair the os. you can slave your hdd to a working system and do a check disk.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Fix This Windows 10 Problem? by KingOfTalk(m): 9:59pm On Sep 30, 2016
horllamy:

I tried it but along the line, the blue screen keeps popping up. What else do you suggest please?
Re: How Do I Fix This Windows 10 Problem? by KingOfTalk(m): 10:15pm On Sep 30, 2016
salauwale:
That blue screen usually gives an error code in hexadecimal 0x211C or something like that. Google that error code. Depending on your results from the search, insert a bootable cd and repair the os. you can slave your hdd to a working system and do a check disk.

I think the check disk is more preferable cos now the system doesn't even boot again
Re: How Do I Fix This Windows 10 Problem? by KingOfTalk(m): 10:18pm On Sep 30, 2016
horllamy:

I can't even do it now cos I think the hard drive has packed up
Re: How Do I Fix This Windows 10 Problem? by KingOfTalk(m): 10:20pm On Sep 30, 2016
Abdul9025:
format the hdd, partion it and install your windows 10..
How do I go about formatting the HDD?
Re: How Do I Fix This Windows 10 Problem? by KingOfTalk(m): 10:21pm On Sep 30, 2016
rottennaija:
You have to consider replacing the HDD

The system is barely up to 3 months, I seriously doubt the hard drive is now bad
Re: How Do I Fix This Windows 10 Problem? by rottennaija(m): 10:29pm On Sep 30, 2016
KingOfTalk:

The system is barely up to 3 months, I seriously doubt the hard drive is now bad

It's the hdd, irrespective of how old the system is.
Re: How Do I Fix This Windows 10 Problem? by Abdul9025(m): 3:57pm On Oct 01, 2016
KingOfTalk:

How do I go about formatting the HDD?
remove the hdd find it extrnl case and format it
Re: How Do I Fix This Windows 10 Problem? by thowbie7ven(m): 5:00pm On Oct 01, 2016
guy, u wanna kill dat system?...1.60Ghz is too low to run Windows 10 successfully...it'll keep on giving you issues...and it's Intel celeron for that matter...not even the core series...e.g core i3 and the likes...Solution: downgrade that system back toh it's former OS
Re: How Do I Fix This Windows 10 Problem? by KingOfTalk(m): 9:04am On Oct 02, 2016
Abdul9025:
remove the hdd find it extrnl case and format it

That's another idea there too but I think the distorted screen has to do with the VGA our what do you think?
Re: How Do I Fix This Windows 10 Problem? by KingOfTalk(m): 9:09am On Oct 02, 2016
thowbie7ven:
guy, u wanna kill dat system?...1.60Ghz is too low to run Windows 10 successfully...it'll keep on giving you issues...and it's Intel celeron for that matter...not even the core series...e.g core i3 and the likes...Solution: downgrade that system back toh it's former OS

Bro, I believe that's the mistake I made, you have a point as well, but anytime I try taking it back to its previous OS, the problem keeps appearing on the screen, what do you suggest? Someone suggested the HDD removal and I reasoned with that.
Re: How Do I Fix This Windows 10 Problem? by KingOfTalk(m): 9:14am On Oct 02, 2016
rottennaija:

It's the hdd, irrespective of how old the system is.

Wow, I now know the windows 10 caused this problem. My system's processor is low. I thought the system being dual core will be strong enough to handle it.
Re: How Do I Fix This Windows 10 Problem? by thowbie7ven(m): 2:25pm On Oct 02, 2016
KingOfTalk:

Bro, I believe that's the mistake I made, you have a point as well, but anytime I try taking it back to its previous OS, the problem keeps appearing on the screen, what do you suggest? Someone suggested the HDD removal and I reasoned with that.
Yeah!...it's definitely the HDD...it's either it's corrupted or there's a slight tilt in where it's been placed...SOLUTION...if the HDD is corrupted, then you'll need to replace it with another...but if it's just the tilting, just unscrew where it is been placed in your system, detach and attach it back...your PC should work with any of these two methods been carefully applied
Re: How Do I Fix This Windows 10 Problem? by horllamy(m): 1:48pm On Oct 03, 2016
KingOfTalk:

I tried it but along the line, the blue screen keeps popping up. What else do you suggest please?

Reinstall d window to window 7

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Proper Gaming Laptop / Urgently In Need Of Ccna Materials And Tricks On How To Pass The Exam / Need A Software Urgently For My Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.