Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,293 members, 7,811,881 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:02 PM

New Built Computer With Possible Windows 10 Problem? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / New Built Computer With Possible Windows 10 Problem? (1329 Views)

How To Shut Down Your Windows Computer With Just A Double Click / asd / How To Unlock Your Computer With Your Phone Or Watch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Built Computer With Possible Windows 10 Problem? by larrystanley: 11:29am On Apr 06, 2017
Hello! I recently put together a computer and sent it in to a computer store (very high reviews) and they installed windows 10 and drivers needed (so they told me). I've been working about 10 hours today on trying to get this computer updated with 0 luck. I have an Asus Z170-A motherboard, 32 gigs of ram, Geforce GTX 1080 and an i7-6700 CPU @ 4 ghz, easily able to handle anything today. My question may be a windows 10 related problem. I was using windows 7 on an old computer with no problems, I hook this computer up with windows 10 to my TV monitor that was working perfectly and the edges of the screens are cut off (no amount of tv tweaking or anything else I could find will fix it), the video quality is terrible, I can't go past 480 p. This is a Sony smart tv and I was using 1080p with my old computer with no problems. When I do go past 480p, the video lags extremely bad. There is no longer any sound coming out of my TV, although I can still use headphones and get sound. I can't play any games, even newer ones that require very little to play. They lag very bad even on the lowest settings. I can't open certain games on steam, for example it says I need to have dx 10 or higher to play one of them and I have dx 11.2 installed. It won't let me update to 12. I can't update from Windows 10 v 10 to v 1607, I can download it but then it just fails after I install it and says my system isn't compatible. Sorry, lots of info I hope you understand. Thanks for listening/reading and responding. Any help would be very appreciated!

please help.
Thanks.

I didn't get the right answer from the internet.
References:
https://www.cnet.com/forums/discussions/new-built-computer-with-possible-windows-10-problem/
Professional Explainer Video Cost
Re: New Built Computer With Possible Windows 10 Problem? by khalhokage(m): 12:13pm On Apr 06, 2017
Probably installed the wrong graphics driver.

1 Like

Re: New Built Computer With Possible Windows 10 Problem? by erekking(m): 8:11am On Apr 10, 2017
I think Akbliv010 can help u here.he's a good builder, even gave series of tutorials on pc building.
Re: New Built Computer With Possible Windows 10 Problem? by AKBliv010(m): 4:19pm On Apr 14, 2017
IS your Windows 10 activated? We both have a very similar setup too. lol

(1) (Reply)

BEST PRICES on LAPTOPS & other MOBILE DEVICES in NAIJA. / Very Neat UK Used Asus Vivobook S400C Ultrabook - Core i5, Touchscreen *sold / Am I Being Snooped Upon?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.