Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,595 members, 7,823,584 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:00 PM

Rebtel Slashes Minutes, While Skype Offers Unlimited Calls To Nigeria - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Rebtel Slashes Minutes, While Skype Offers Unlimited Calls To Nigeria (1459 Views)

What Should I Do If I Am In A Plane That Is About To Crash In Minutes? / Swiss Village Offers ₦25m To People Willing To Move In & Settle, Will You?(Photo / Uber Slashes Lagos Fares By 40% In Response To Taxify (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rebtel Slashes Minutes, While Skype Offers Unlimited Calls To Nigeria by Nobody: 8:12am On Sep 30, 2016
Rebtel sent out the following email a few days ago:

However I wasn't able to find any evidence that the government actually increased the cost of calls to Nigeria as they suggested. The only thing remotely relevant is the mobile call tax, which is still a proposal at this point.

Rebtel previously offered 600 minutes for €18 which I thought was fair value. However, there's no way I'd pay that much for only 160 minutes.

While searching around for alternatives, I discovered that Skype now offers unlimited minutes to Nigeria for €16.80/month.

If the government actually increased the cost of calls to Nigeria, why is there no information about it anywhere. No news reports, press releases, nothing apart from Rebtel's email. At the same time, how is Skype reducing their call tariffs to Nigeria?

It seems Nigerian businesses are not the only ones using Buhari as a scapegoat for everything!
Re: Rebtel Slashes Minutes, While Skype Offers Unlimited Calls To Nigeria by shamack: 8:17am On Sep 30, 2016
Make them announce am abi....so the network go come poor
Re: Rebtel Slashes Minutes, While Skype Offers Unlimited Calls To Nigeria by bigtt76(f): 8:18am On Sep 30, 2016
It's the telecos that increased their charges
Re: Rebtel Slashes Minutes, While Skype Offers Unlimited Calls To Nigeria by Pavore9: 9:22am On Sep 30, 2016
I have always used Skype, so nothing has changed.
Re: Rebtel Slashes Minutes, While Skype Offers Unlimited Calls To Nigeria by Nobody: 9:49am On Sep 30, 2016
Pavore9:
I have always used Skype, so nothing has changed.

As at last week, the most Skype offered was 400 minutes for €11. They only started the unlimited subscription this week.
Re: Rebtel Slashes Minutes, While Skype Offers Unlimited Calls To Nigeria by Pavore9: 9:53am On Sep 30, 2016
mrdcai:

As at last week, the most Skype offered was 400 minutes for €11. They only started the unlimited subscription this week.

The unlimited subscription was on offer as at 12th September when l paid for my monthly subscription.
Re: Rebtel Slashes Minutes, While Skype Offers Unlimited Calls To Nigeria by PingoDotCom: 4:15pm On Oct 04, 2016
I’ve worked in telecom for over 10 years with Pingo and just wanted to confirm that the rate increase is industry wide. I’m sorry that the government decided to make this rate increase to go into effect on Nigeria’s 56th Independence Day.

Some telecom providers have not changed their rates yet so some plans/rates may be changing soon. Bundled plans are great if you plan to maximize the value and use all your minutes in the plan on a consistent monthly basis. On our Pingo blog we announced this rate increase as well and our plans to try to keep our customers business.
Re: Rebtel Slashes Minutes, While Skype Offers Unlimited Calls To Nigeria by Nobody: 9:53pm On Nov 13, 2016
Skype has cancelled the Unlimited calls to Nigeria too and the former circa 3 Canadian dollars for 60 minutes is now almost 10 CAD. shocked shocked shocked

Oh well. No more calling Nigeria on on mobile, except through imo or Whassap. grin

(1) (Reply)

Help! South Korea Postgraduate Studies / Snow In South Africa / I Want To Travel Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.