Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,745 members, 7,809,843 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:54 PM

My Visa Was Denied At The Italian Consulate Lagos - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Visa Was Denied At The Italian Consulate Lagos (3007 Views)

Lady On Student Visa Was Deported From US And Banned For 5 Years; See Why / I Was Denied A Schengen Visa Today. / Urgent....direction To US Consulate Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Visa Was Denied At The Italian Consulate Lagos by Nobody: 1:50pm On Sep 30, 2016
Italian embassy is the most corrupt in Nigeria, am not saying this cause I was denied visa but rather with what i saw after spending 3weeks going to the embassy everyday makes me feel Nigeria has lost it all.

People pay money to get to get declaration of value, some even use fake account just to turn the surname to be same with theirs yet they re granted visa, once you re from Benin you get Visa automatically.

I graduated among top in my department and I will say my application was among the best if I had apply to embassy like Canada they would have appreciated it cause I added everything humanly possible including a well written statement of purpose but the visa officer keep complaining on my statement of account cause my uncle name differ my own surname was that really fair.

Though I can't sue the embassy for wasting my time after 1month if applying for visa, and the visa officer keep postponing the date for collection without even considering the money being spent for transportation, it was really a shame.

I witness people who collect visa and shouted Germany here I come instead of them going for study at Italy... Most granted visa keep saying Italy na country, I felt bad cause I really wanted to study and yet I wasn't considered.

Untill the Italian consulate start to interview student, I won't apply again, if there was to be an interview I would have been granted cause I know what am going there for..... Today I felt betrayed by my country for not creating an avenue where first class student can study for MSC rather than going to other country for study.
Re: My Visa Was Denied At The Italian Consulate Lagos by recievesense: 2:01pm On Sep 30, 2016
Bia I see ur pain but it's a normal thing na.

2 Likes

Re: My Visa Was Denied At The Italian Consulate Lagos by bigtt76(f): 2:45pm On Sep 30, 2016
Did your Uncle give you an accompanying letter of sponsorship stating he will foot the cost of study? Also did your uncle's account have more than the cost of study? Is it a business account or private account?

The Visa officer is trained to look out for cases where the account presented does not bear the name of the applicant, it triggers the feeling that you (applicant) would not have access to the funds as at when needed. In fact they believe you don't own the money.

On the other hand, if the account is in your uncle's name or business name, the VO is wont to believe that your uncle may not have enough funds to release for your education alone while still having other commitments.

You need to have the funds in your name made up of verifiable deposits in tranches and not one whole deposit. Even at that, the VO would want to know your source of funding.

1 Like

Re: My Visa Was Denied At The Italian Consulate Lagos by Etinosajay(m): 7:08pm On Sep 30, 2016
OP, you're just angry that you were denied the visa.

If you had gotten the visa and you saw all these things you claimed happened. Will you be airing them?

Keep your disappointment in check. Try again or try another country.

Remember they do not owe you a visa. It's their country

1 Like

Re: My Visa Was Denied At The Italian Consulate Lagos by Nobody: 9:18am On Oct 01, 2016
Etinosajay:
OP, you're just angry that you were denied the visa.

If you had gotten the visa and you saw all these things you claimed happened. Will you be airing them?

Keep your disappointment in check. Try again or try another country.

Remember they do not owe you a visa. It's their country
true talk, if I were given I wouldn't have talk actually.... Let just say life continues and will work better next time.......
Re: My Visa Was Denied At The Italian Consulate Lagos by Solatium(m): 7:17pm On Oct 01, 2016
icehood:
Italian embassy is the most corrupt in Nigeria, am not saying this cause I was denied visa but rather with what i saw after spending 3weeks going to the embassy everyday makes me feel Nigeria has lost it all.

People pay money to get to get declaration of value, some even use fake account just to turn the surname to be same with theirs yet they re granted visa, once you re from Benin you get Visa automatically.

I graduated among top in my department and I will say my application was among the best if I had apply to embassy like Canada they would have appreciated it cause I added everything humanly possible including a well written statement of purpose but the visa officer keep complaining on my statement of account cause my uncle name differ my own surname was that really fair.

Though I can't sue the embassy for wasting my time after 1month if applying for visa, and the visa officer keep postponing the date for collection without even considering the money being spent for transportation, it was really a shame.

I witness people who collect visa and shouted Germany here I come instead of them going for study at Italy... Most granted visa keep saying Italy na country, I felt bad cause I really wanted to study and yet I wasn't considered.

Untill the Italian consulate start to interview student, I won't apply again, if there was to be an interview I would have been granted cause I know what am going there for..... Today I felt betrayed by my country for not creating an avenue where first class student can study for MSC rather than going to other country for study.

God have a way of speaking to us,but we hardly hear his voice.Visa rejection is not God denial,i see it as God redirection towards something better,...let me use my own life as an illustration,i was asked to pay a repatriation fee of #60k at SA embassy in 2004,i couldn't raise the money and i stayed back,i applied for UK visa in 2005 i got my visa after the appeal process,ever since i have visited Uk twice,Kenyan once, and recently came back from the same SA i was refused their visa in August,am on the verge of going to Europe in November/December,though the refusal could be painful,it could look like the end of the world,i have felt the same way before.but guess what? i thank God i.did not make to SA then,am happy here at home though life not perfect but i can still stand tall and be counted among my mates.....wipe your tears and think of other countries you can apply to,your breakthrough is just round the corner..i wish you well

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

See The Beautiful Female Pilot Killed In The Fatal Brazillian Plane Crash(photo) / What Is It With Lagos Bus Conductors And A Particular Tone Of Voice? / No One Talks Abt Kuwait...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.