Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,712 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:33 PM

Honda CRV Fuel Economy - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Honda CRV Fuel Economy (2795 Views)

Parts Of A Car That Has The Biggest Impact On Fuel Economy / 2017 Honda CRV Is Here, What Do You Think About It? / 7 Myths About Fuel Economy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Honda CRV Fuel Economy by godwinasky: 3:02pm On Sep 30, 2016
Hello guys!

Please i need solution to my Honda CRV's excessive fuel consumption. It has a fuel tank capacity of about 60 litres, and i have observed that it runs about 200 miles or 320 km at that.

The oxygen sensors, spark plugs, catalyst converter( indomine) have been changed, and the nozzles where serviced. Asides, i do petrol treatment and use injector cleaner for every 80l of fuel. I don't use AC because of this, and i don't drive beyond 120 km/ hr most times and my tires are usually well-inflated.

So, i wonder what i could do to improve the gas milleage of the car. I would really appreciate ideas on this.

Thank you very much guys, and happy independence day in advance!!
Re: Honda CRV Fuel Economy by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:14pm On Oct 01, 2016
The 1998 or 2016 CRV?

1 Like

Re: Honda CRV Fuel Economy by lawsta(m): 1:28pm On Oct 01, 2016
1)let them check the IATS = the intake air temperature sensor if it is properly fixed
and wipe dust / sooth dat could have gathered on it
2) if the thermostat is still there, immediately below the lower radiator hose.
3) if the water coolant temperature sensor,= around the upper radiator hose, two sensors, one with one wire, the other with two wires, if the wires are fixed properly. the sensors can be unbolted and taken out to scrape any dirt or sludge on it so as to enhance quick and proper functioning.
4) the intake air filter = inside d intake air box, be removed and cleaned or replaced.
5) Google all sensors mentioned above so u have a comprehensive knowledge of how they look like and their functions.
Re: Honda CRV Fuel Economy by Iolo(m): 11:30pm On Oct 02, 2016
godwinasky:
Hello guys!

Please i need solution to my Honda CRV's excessive fuel consumption. It has a fuel tank capacity of about 60 litres, and i have observed that it runs about 200 miles or 320 km at that.

The oxygen sensors, spark plugs, catalyst converter( indomine) have been changed, and the nozzles where serviced. Asides, i do petrol treatment and use injector cleaner for every 80l of fuel. I don't use AC because of this, and i don't drive beyond 120 km/ hr most times and my tires are usually well-inflated.

So, i wonder what i could do to improve the gas milleage of the car. I would really appreciate ideas on this.

320km on 60 liters doesn't look too bad to me. What year is your CRV? Have you factored in Lagos traffic is a major fuel drainer?
Re: Honda CRV Fuel Economy by godwinasky: 11:39pm On Oct 02, 2016
Gazzuzz, it is a 1998 model!
@ lawsta, thanks a lot, I d check that out.
@ lolo, the car plies Kaduna roads which are a lot better than Lagos roads.
Re: Honda CRV Fuel Economy by godwinasky: 11:43pm On Oct 02, 2016
Also, do not use ac , and there is no over- heating issue!
Re: Honda CRV Fuel Economy by godwinasky: 11:43pm On Oct 02, 2016
Also, i do not use ac , and there is no over- heating issue!
Re: Honda CRV Fuel Economy by adetop1988: 9:00pm On Jul 12, 2020
Good day Guys,

is there any correlation between fuel level sensor and fuel consumption?
my Honda CR-V 02 had a faulty level sensor and my rewire removed it to search for a replacement but to my amusement, the 25L fuel in filled in my car finished on a 33km road which is unusual.
Re: Honda CRV Fuel Economy by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:12pm On Jul 12, 2020
adetop1988:
Good day Guys,

my Honda CR-V 02 had a faulty level sensor and my rewire removed it to search for a replacement but to my amusement, the 25L fuel in filled in my car finished on a 33km road which is unusual.

Unless vehicle is dripping fuel this is not possible.
Re: Honda CRV Fuel Economy by shurlermoz(m): 1:47am On Jul 13, 2020
lawsta:
1)let them check the IATS = the intake air temperature sensor if it is properly fixed
and wipe dust / sooth dat could have gathered on it
2) if the thermostat is still there, immediately below the lower radiator hose.
3) if the water coolant temperature sensor,= around the upper radiator hose, two sensors, one with one wire, the other with two wires, if the wires are fixed properly. the sensors can be unbolted and taken out to scrape any dirt or sludge on it so as to enhance quick and proper functioning.
4) the intake air filter = inside d intake air box, be removed and cleaned or replaced.
5) Google all sensors mentioned above so u have a comprehensive knowledge of how they look like and their functions.

Do you by any chance do car inspection?

I want to get a CRV and I need someone with experience to help inspect it.
Re: Honda CRV Fuel Economy by Peppermintflav: 12:17am On Jun 29, 2021
@godwinasky did you later solve this issue?
Re: Honda CRV Fuel Economy by Peppermintflav: 12:18am On Jun 29, 2021
adetop1988:
Good day Guys,

What was the solution?
Re: Honda CRV Fuel Economy by Structuralman: 6:10am On Jun 29, 2021
godwinasky:
Hello guys!

Your CRV should do 8.5 km per litre. But you are doing 3.5 to 5km per litre.
Has your car always been doing this when you bought it?
Did you do any fixes to your car and then later notice it's consuming too much fuel?
Finally scan the car and post the results here for proper diagnosis.
Re: Honda CRV Fuel Economy by Peppermintflav: 4:49pm On Jun 29, 2021
godwinasky:
Hello guys!

Scan and post the fuel trims here

(1) (Reply)

Toyota Corolla Passenger's Airbag Cost / Is The 2013 Ford Ranger Pick Up Truck A Good Buy? / Review Of Aston Martin Rapide S ( Pics )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.