Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,081 members, 7,821,715 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:10 PM

Toyota Avensis Conversion - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Toyota Avensis Conversion (3119 Views)

Toyota Avensis Verso Or Toyota Corolla Verso / Toyota Corolla And Toyota Avensis, Which One Is The Best? / 2002 Toyota Avensis Needs Conversion From Diesel To Petrol Engine. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Toyota Avensis Conversion by sesay: 11:07am On Oct 13, 2016
Dear good people of NL, has anyone has issue with converted Toyota avensis. After I bought it people started saying there's nothing good with converted cars. Pls, I need your advice.
Re: Toyota Avensis Conversion by fabienjoe: 7:31pm On Oct 13, 2016
I currently use one, 2001 model bought in London by me but converted in Ladipo - my first experience with a converted vehicle. From my experience, the problem is not necessarily the conversion itself but how meticulous the converters are. Mine was done in 2011, by 2013 rainy season, I started having all sorts of problems. It is usually difficult to get the wiper setting right. I still have issues with that. They used a different steering rack, I guess a cheaper one which affected the cars ride and handling. I changed that. The panel beating work was not well done so water leaked in and messed up the wiring, giving all sorts of difficult-to-diagnose problems. I almost sold the car as scrap, getting little help from mechanics. I did a research on the vehicle and after parking the car for about 4 months, was able to figure out the problems. Never had any problems with it ever since, except perhaps the annoying wiper. I travel between Enugu and Abuja at least once a month, it has never misbehaved since 2013. The shock absorbers are still solid regardless of the bad roads. Of course I want to assume you can lock and unlock your doors remotely, otherwise you would enter the car through the passenger's side, which is awkward. The paintjob is awesome, still shinning like new, after 15 years and counting..
Re: Toyota Avensis Conversion by sesay: 10:01pm On Oct 14, 2016
Thank you so much. As at now is still working perfectly. Thanks for sharing your experience.
Re: Toyota Avensis Conversion by GreartN(m): 8:45am On Sep 02, 2019
Experienced people of Nigeria. I have a Toyota Avensis Verso which I want to convert from diesel to petrol. How good is this idea ? Thanks
Re: Toyota Avensis Conversion by baconline(m): 9:19am On Sep 02, 2019
Complete wire and ecu etc , it is very much achievable
Re: Toyota Avensis Conversion by fatbims: 6:02pm On Sep 05, 2019
baconline:
Complete wire and ecu etc , it is very much achievable

How is the converted truck? Is it still working? Any problem with the car? Please let me know. I am asking because a client ignorantly got a car that was converted from diesel to petrol, that is, diesel engine to petrol engine

(1) (Reply)

What Are The Causes Of Overheating In A Vehicle, Mercedes 230 / Download Free OBD-II Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC) Manual / Automatic Gear Box Service And Maintenance...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.