Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,495 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:13 PM

How To Turn Your Mobile Phone Into A Remote Control - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Turn Your Mobile Phone Into A Remote Control (5982 Views)

How To Turn Your Smartphone Into A Remote Control Easily / What You Do Everyday That Spoil Your Mobile Phone Battery. / See What Nigeria Turn My Phone Into [photo] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Turn Your Mobile Phone Into A Remote Control by damaray: 5:34pm On Sep 30, 2016
Do you know you can turn your mobile device into a remote control for your computer? I guess you think that's a bit weird right. Actually I was making some research on some cool functions mobile devices can perform then I came across this awesome function of turning mobile device into a complete remote control for computer using Unified Remote app and server.
How to turn Android into a Remote control
For those of you who want to have a remote control for their computer for watching TV, or maybe for listening to music and much more. In this tutorial I will show you how to make your mobile device a remote control for your computer also how to create Wi-Fi hotspots on Windows PC.

What is Unified Remote?

Unified Remote app is the one-and-only remote control app for computer, it turns mobile device into a WiFi or Bluetooth universal remote control for Windows PC, Mac and Linux.

Unified Remote app gives your mobile phone control over mouse & keyboard, media players, presentations, screen mirroring, power control, file manager, terminal, and much more.

How can I turn my Mobile Phone to a remote control

To get started you will need to download Unified Remote on your mobile device. Unified Remote is available for all mobile platforms. Download Unified Remote app on Playstore, AppStore and Microsoft Store.

Also you need to download Unified Remote Server for your computer. Unified Remote Server is available for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux. Download Unified Remote for Windows here, Mac OS X here and Linux here.

After downloading and installing the app and software on both mobile and PC, to "Connect" your PC must have functioning Bluetooth or PC Wi-Fi hotspots, but the fastest and most preferable is Wi-Fi hotspots.

Once everything is installed, open the app on your mobile phone and it will guide you through the process of connecting to the app to your computer. Make sure your device and computer are paired using Bluetooth or on the same Wi-Fi network.

In case your PC does not have Wi-Fi hotspots not the usual (mobile Wi-Fi hotspots connection), you can create it manually or download OSToto Hotspots for your computer here.

That's all... Enjoy the experience...

Source: http://www.damtops.com/2016/09/how-to-turn-your-mobile-phone-into-remote-control.html

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria, South Africa Deepen Global Internet Penetration / To Blacklist a Stolen GSM Phone's SIM and Retain my Number / What Does It Mean When A Phone Has 'tv Out'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.