Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,111 members, 7,814,899 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:33 PM

Reply TECNO Got From Nigerians On Phantom 6and 6plus Price - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Reply TECNO Got From Nigerians On Phantom 6and 6plus Price (10264 Views)

See The Message I Got From 9mobile After Recharging My Sim With #200 / The Gift Tecno Gave Manchester City And One Tecno Got From Manchester City / Discover Mtn's New Way Of Stealing From Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reply TECNO Got From Nigerians On Phantom 6and 6plus Price by lalassticlala: 12:40am On Oct 01, 2016
NIGERIANS ARE NOT SMILING ☺

New bloggers you have to check ☑ my signature
Re: Reply TECNO Got From Nigerians On Phantom 6and 6plus Price by xtervaganza(m): 2:08am On Oct 01, 2016
Tallesty1:
Bless you.

I told someone here that Samsung is just another Android phone and he called me a hater
but Samsung is better than most phones( Android, windows or iOS)

1 Like

Re: Reply TECNO Got From Nigerians On Phantom 6and 6plus Price by Habbatically: 2:32am On Oct 01, 2016
Symphony1:
My gionee p5w sef fast like a two gig RAM fone.
I can't buy Tecno flagship phones, instead I would go for another brand. Tecno 88k 128k, I no fit shout. Recession aside.
Lies! That P5W that hangs more than anything.

I made use of it before. The battery also isn't it.

1 Like

Re: Reply TECNO Got From Nigerians On Phantom 6and 6plus Price by Agimor(m): 3:20am On Oct 01, 2016
They've gain a large proportion of the Nigeria market why won't they raise their price.

1 Like

Re: Reply TECNO Got From Nigerians On Phantom 6and 6plus Price by Nobody: 4:01am On Oct 01, 2016
O boy laff wan kill me for here oh grin grin grin imagine Tecno advertising turn to Gionee advertisement well me too dey rock my Gionee M3mini

1 Like

Re: Reply TECNO Got From Nigerians On Phantom 6and 6plus Price by Nobody: 7:35am On Oct 01, 2016
excanny:
How can you compare a Gionee M5 with Quad-core 1.3 GHz CPU and a Tecno phantom 6 with a Processor of 2.1GHz? They are not in the same league nau. Most of these people commenting there on social media are just ignorant. They belong to the "phone na phone" group.

Its not just the processor. The display, camera, features, number of ram, UI... M5 is not even close to phantom 5 not to talk of phamtom 6. These people just think the only thing that makes a good phone is a huge battery.

1 Like

Re: Reply TECNO Got From Nigerians On Phantom 6and 6plus Price by Tallesty1(m): 9:35am On Oct 01, 2016
xtervaganza:
but Samsung is better than most phones( Android, windows or iOS)
I don't think so
Re: Reply TECNO Got From Nigerians On Phantom 6and 6plus Price by somehowpenis(m): 10:04am On Oct 01, 2016
Even if this phone was sold for 10,000, I wouldn't look it's way..

Use to think Nigerians loved tecno cos of it being affordable, grin. Chinese.smh.

1 Like

Re: Reply TECNO Got From Nigerians On Phantom 6and 6plus Price by Chuksteric(m): 10:18am On Oct 01, 2016
greenhulk:

Its not just the processor. The display, camera, features, number of ram, UI... M5 is not even close to phantom 5 not to talk of phamtom 6. These people just think the only thing that makes a good phone is a huge battery.
bros phantom 5 is too far ... Boom j8 is better asides from the battery

2 Likes

Re: Reply TECNO Got From Nigerians On Phantom 6and 6plus Price by Nobody: 10:43am On Oct 01, 2016
somehowpenis:
Even if this phone was sold for 10,000, I wouldn't look it's way..

Use to think Nigerians loved tecno cos of it being affordable, grin. Chinese.smh.

Lol. Yes it is a Chinese phone but with impressive specs and build ,u can't deny that. It is not in the league of samsung flagships but when u look at the price difference (phantom 6 is about 1/3 the price of galaxy s7), then u will see it is a better alternative if u can't afford them samsung or lg or htc or even Xiaomi flagships. I mean would u rather buy an underpowered samsung galaxy j7 for 90k with 1.5gb of ram, 16gb internal storage and 720p display on 5.5 inch, plastic body and no fingerprint scanner? I don't think so. As for me I won't buy either of rhem but if I must choose, like if my budget does not exceed 90k then I'd choose the phantom 6 for 88k because it is a much better phone.

But of course I don't expect u to like it, u are an iphone guy which is good. I think the phantom 6 is a good phone for $200 (4 times less than the price of a 32gb iphone 7). If u think thats too expensive, they have boom j8 which is $100. The price looks gigantic when converted to naira but that is not tecno's fault. The only thing separating this phone from Alcatel idol 4s and zte axion 7 (these are 2 of the best $400 phones) is that those 2 use snapdragon 820 while phantom 6 plus use Helio x20 which is not too far away from snapdragon. But does that really justify the additional $200 price? I don't think so.

3 Likes

Re: Reply TECNO Got From Nigerians On Phantom 6and 6plus Price by augster(m): 11:30am On Oct 01, 2016
greenhulk:

Lol. Yes it is a Chinese phone but with impressive specs and build ,u can't deny that. It is not in the league of samsung flagships but when u look at the price difference (phantom 6 is about 1/3 the price of galaxy s7), then u will see it is a better alternative if u can't afford them samsung or lg or htc or even Xiaomi flagships. I mean would u rather buy an underpowered samsung galaxy j7 for 90k with 1.5gb of ram, 16gb internal storage and 720p display on 5.5 inch, plastic body and no fingerprint scanner? I don't think so. As for me I won't buy either of rhem but if I must choose, like if my budget does not exceed 90k then I'd choose the phantom 6 for 88k because it is a much better phone.

But of course I don't expect u to like it, u are an iphone guy which is good. I think the phantom 6 is a good phone for $200 (4 times less than the price of a 32gb iphone 7). If u think thats too expensive, they have boom j8 which is $100. The price looks gigantic when converted to naira but that is not tecno's fault. The only thing separating this phone from Alcatel idol 4s and zte axion 7 (these are 2 of the best $400 phones) is that those 2 use snapdragon 820 while phantom 6 use Helio x10 which is inferior to snapdragon but not by very much. But does that really justify the additional $200 price? I don't think so.
Look at it from this angle, no software updates, I'd rather go for old redmi note 3 pro than this just because of software updates. I don't think Phantom 5 received android 6.. I commend them for this tho
Re: Reply TECNO Got From Nigerians On Phantom 6and 6plus Price by harmbhrosz(m): 12:32pm On Oct 01, 2016
augster:
Look at it from this angle, no software updates, I'd rather go for old redmi note 3 pro than this just because of software updates. I don't think Phantom 5 received android 6.. I commend them for this tho
don't you ever ever call my phone "old" again *I'm very angry with you right now*

back to the Matter, lol

I'll ever prefer my Redmi Note 3 Pro Prime to any current Tecno product and the two selling point on the Redmi Note 3 pro is the MiUi and it Snapdragon chipset
Re: Reply TECNO Got From Nigerians On Phantom 6and 6plus Price by Nobody: 12:40pm On Oct 01, 2016
augster:

I get u. I don't think software updates will be any problem, maybe it has in the past but the Helio x20 on the p6 plus is a monster. I think tecno have improved and a lot of people are looking at them like the tecno of the past. Let's look at it from this angle, if tecno did not come to Nigeria 6 years ago with cheap low quality phones, lets say they just showed up last year with the phantom 5, and then release rhe boom j8 and camon c9, they would command more respect.

But seriously if the phantom 5 didn't get marshmallow then its a big shame to tecno.

1 Like

Re: Reply TECNO Got From Nigerians On Phantom 6and 6plus Price by cybersnoop(m): 1:52pm On Oct 01, 2016
I wonder what people are thinking comparing m5 with phantom 6....for crying out loud if not for the Gpu and camera quality i would compare m5 with tecno l8 plus

1 Like

Re: Reply TECNO Got From Nigerians On Phantom 6and 6plus Price by Nobody: 2:36pm On Oct 01, 2016
People and ignorance,when you start explaining strange like terms to them like GPU,CPU cores,RAM,ROM,Android version etc.They will keep telling me i too like phone.OEMs will take advantage of that ignorance
Re: Reply TECNO Got From Nigerians On Phantom 6and 6plus Price by somehowpenis(m): 2:51pm On Oct 01, 2016
greenhulk:

But of course I don't expect u to like it, u are an iphone guy which is good. I think the phantom 6 is a good phone for $200 (4 times less than the price of a 32gb iphone 7). If u think thats too expensive, they have boom j8 which is $100. The price looks gigantic when converted to naira but that is not tecno's fault. The only thing separating this phone from Alcatel idol 4s and zte axion 7 (these are 2 of the best $400 phones) is that those 2 use snapdragon 820 while phantom 6 plus use Helio x20 which is not too far away from snapdragon. But does that really justify the additional $200 price? I don't think so.
i have bought a tecno phone, when the tecno n7 was newly out , I bought it for 34 then, also got the gionee m5 then for 65.. they all gave me an experience i would never wish on my worst enemy..it's not a tecno thing, its a Chinese general thing , when you get them newly they all work well after about a month, they start slowing down and acting up... even this very phone would act same, i am no novice to chinese phones , i see them all around me and i just can't give it a try.. rather than get the phantom 6 or any mtk for 128, i rather save up more and get one that would give a much better device than get a Chinese phone I can't use for 2years..
Re: Reply TECNO Got From Nigerians On Phantom 6and 6plus Price by somehowpenis(m): 2:54pm On Oct 01, 2016
The only reason anyone really gets the tecno phone is because of it being affordable, forget every nonsense anyone tries to say to defend it, thats their only selling point, as soon as they leave that, Nigerians will surely leave it.. now the gionee m5 seems to be their king because it is much more affordable...

1 Like

Re: Reply TECNO Got From Nigerians On Phantom 6and 6plus Price by chinyeretina: 2:59pm On Oct 01, 2016
I just recently bought an itel android 1409 at the rate of 12500 with screen size of 4.oinch . Rocking it already
Re: Reply TECNO Got From Nigerians On Phantom 6and 6plus Price by Nobody: 3:01pm On Oct 01, 2016
somehowpenis:
i have bought a tecno phone, when the tecno n7 was newly out , I bought it for 34 then, also got the gionee m5 then for 65.. they all gave me an experience i would never wish on my worst enemy..it's not a tecno thing, its a Chinese general thing , when you get them newly they all work well after about a month, they start slowing down and acting up... even this very phone would act same, i am no novice to chinese phones , i see them all around me and i just can't give it a try.. rather than get the phantom 6 or any mtk for 128, i rather save up more and get one that would give a much better device than get a Chinese phone I can't use for 2years..

U are right about that, Chinese phones can't stand the test of time. Gionee m5 is the biggest scam of all. A stewpid 720p phone with a slow as$ 1.3ghz processor, poor camera with no special features and plastic build for 65k. People are buying it because of the extra 3,000mah battery. Wtf? That extra battery is not worth more than 2k.
Re: Reply TECNO Got From Nigerians On Phantom 6and 6plus Price by akashi01(m): 3:05pm On Oct 01, 2016
Tallesty1:
Bless you.

I told someone here that Samsung is just another Android phone and he called me a hater

You mumu o

Iphone 4 and iphone 6 both run iOS, does that means they are the same? No!

Do they have same specs? No!

Do they share same features? No!

Yes Samsung runs on same Android as Tecno but they have levels
Re: Reply TECNO Got From Nigerians On Phantom 6and 6plus Price by somehowpenis(m): 3:07pm On Oct 01, 2016
greenhulk:

U are right about that, Chinese phones can't stand the test of time. Gionee m5 is the biggest scam of all. A stewpid 720p phone with a slow as$ 1.3ghz processor, poor camera with no special features and plastic build for 65k. People are buying it because of the extra 3,000mah battery. Wtf? That extra battery is not worth more than 2k.
people aren't actually buying it cos of the battery, but because it is actually cheaper than that phantom 6, had it been the phantom was same price as it or a lil bit costly but not by that margin, you would see this very same people praise the phone to high heaven and condemn the gionee m5 here... Nigerians are wired to love quantity over quality..

2 Likes

Re: Reply TECNO Got From Nigerians On Phantom 6and 6plus Price by augster(m): 4:00pm On Oct 01, 2016
harmbhrosz:
don't you ever ever call my phone "old" again *I'm very angry with you right now*

back to the Matter, lol

I'll ever prefer my Redmi Note 3 Pro Prime to any current Tecno product and the two selling point on the Redmi Note 3 pro is the MiUi and it Snapdragon chipset
Lol, no vex o
Re: Reply TECNO Got From Nigerians On Phantom 6and 6plus Price by augster(m): 4:08pm On Oct 01, 2016
greenhulk:

I get u. I don't think software updates will be any problem, maybe it has in the past but the Helio x20 on the p6 plus is a monster. I think tecno have improved and a lot of people are looking at them like the tecno of the past. Let's look at it from this angle, if tecno did not come to Nigeria 6 years ago with cheap low quality phones, lets say they just showed up last year with the phantom 5, and then release rhe boom j8 and camon c9, they would command more respect.

But seriously if the phantom 5 didn't get marshmallow then its a big shame to tecno.
Exactly, even at this price I think tecno phantom 6 is still a big win, for this recession. The design is great TBH, but people are expecting too much for low price.
Re: Reply TECNO Got From Nigerians On Phantom 6and 6plus Price by crackhouse(m): 4:39pm On Oct 01, 2016
Chai the dude that posted that stuff will be like "God I just hope tecno will not sack me because of this comments, Na so I take end my job by myself?"

1 Like

Re: Reply TECNO Got From Nigerians On Phantom 6and 6plus Price by Tallesty1(m): 5:11pm On Oct 01, 2016
akashi01:

You mumu o

Iphone 4 and iphone 6 both run iOS, does that means they are the same? No!

Do they have same specs? No!

Do they share same features? No!

Yes Samsung runs on same Android as Tecno but they have levels
See who claims to be wise.

Are you in same level with Jonathan, Buhari, Obj, Atiku etc? No.

Are you all not human beings?

Are you all not Nigerians?

Samsung may have all the specs in this world if they can pack them into one phone, it is still another Android phone like Tecno, Xiaomi, Meizu, Oneplus, Oppo etc.

There are Samsung phones that Tecno phone's are better than, Galaxy S series isn't their only smartphone in the market.

1 Like

Re: Reply TECNO Got From Nigerians On Phantom 6and 6plus Price by akashi01(m): 5:19pm On Oct 01, 2016
Tallesty1:

Samsung may have all the specs in this world if they can pack them into one phone, it is still another Android phone like Tecno, Xiaomi, Meizu, Oneplus, Oppo etc.

There are Samsung phones that Tecno phone's are better than, Galaxy S series isn't their only smartphone in the market.

Like I said in my last post, samsung runs android like any other Android smartphone but specs make dem differ
Re: Reply TECNO Got From Nigerians On Phantom 6and 6plus Price by omoalajah(m): 6:11pm On Oct 01, 2016
I cant blame all this insatiable set of people.
Re: Reply TECNO Got From Nigerians On Phantom 6and 6plus Price by missslimzy(f): 6:26pm On Oct 01, 2016
Unnecessary replies. Definitely all of them was high on same drug
Re: Reply TECNO Got From Nigerians On Phantom 6and 6plus Price by datyorubaboy: 6:29pm On Oct 01, 2016
Recession is the cause
lalassticlala:
NIGERIANS ARE NOT SMILING ☺

New bloggers you have to check ☑ my signature
Re: Reply TECNO Got From Nigerians On Phantom 6and 6plus Price by Marvell23(m): 6:37pm On Oct 01, 2016
greenhulk:

But it's not by force to buy a phantom 6. Tecno have boom j8 and camon c9 which are mid range phones at cheaper prices. Nigerians are funny. When u give them something that is below standard they will scream, give them something with some standard they will say t is too expensive. How can someone buy gionee m5 for 60k plus and complain that phantom 6 is too expensive for 88k. The 2 phones no be mate. I'm not a fan of either phones but phantom 6 is far better than gionee m5 in all category. Better display, better processor, better camera, fingerprint sensor, better build, just name it. M5 is only better in battery department and the price u have to pay for that is to carry a heavy phone.

I want to see the reaction of those people shouting gionee m5 when gionee m6 and m6 plus drop because I know it will be more expensive than phantom 6 and phantom 6 plus.
You have always been making sense. Those guys complaining are ignorants people who do not know what a phone is
Re: Reply TECNO Got From Nigerians On Phantom 6and 6plus Price by Tallesty1(m): 8:54pm On Oct 01, 2016
akashi01:

Like I said in my last post, samsung runs android like any other Android smartphone but specs make dem differ
So what's your point then?

I said in my initial comment that Samsung is just *another* Android smartphone and you called me Mumu but your last two comments support it.

1 Like

Re: Reply TECNO Got From Nigerians On Phantom 6and 6plus Price by somehowpenis(m): 9:42pm On Oct 01, 2016
Tallesty1:

from this silly example of yours, a nokia touch light phone and an iphone 7 should be the same thing simply because they are called phones.. You are making a useless point in STYLE.. nice.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

AIRTEL 3GB For 1000 Naira 7GB for 2000 Naira Is Back / How To Activate 3G SPEED On Airtel 2G Plan / Buy Smartphone Of Your Choice With Easybuy And Pay Later - All You Need To Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.