Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,045 members, 7,821,596 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:28 PM

Photos Of Couple Who Did Their Wedding In Shoprite Has Gone Viral - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Photos Of Couple Who Did Their Wedding In Shoprite Has Gone Viral (4399 Views)

Funke Akindele & JJC Vs Kim Kardashian & Kanye West: Who Did It Better? / Artwork: Ciara Meets Alesh Akeem Who Did An Artwork Of Her / Who Did This To Adekunle Gold? (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Photos Of Couple Who Did Their Wedding In Shoprite Has Gone Viral by victordan1993(m): 11:44pm On Sep 30, 2016
OMG..i heard this happened in Ibadan, others insist it occurred in Kenya..see more photos below..

continue Reading
http://nanagist..com.ng/2016/09/photos-of-couple-who-did-their-wedding.html

Re: Photos Of Couple Who Did Their Wedding In Shoprite Has Gone Viral by micfoley: 11:54pm On Sep 30, 2016
Obviously Kenya

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Couple Who Did Their Wedding In Shoprite Has Gone Viral by hybridtm(m): 1:37am On Oct 01, 2016
It just gat b kenya
Re: Photos Of Couple Who Did Their Wedding In Shoprite Has Gone Viral by african2016: 3:54am On Oct 01, 2016
There is no Shoprite in Kenya, they have their own retail chains.

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of Couple Who Did Their Wedding In Shoprite Has Gone Viral by Nobody: 4:09am On Oct 01, 2016
Wedding in a Supermarket? Definitely Nigerian grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Photos Of Couple Who Did Their Wedding In Shoprite Has Gone Viral by Nobody: 4:54am On Oct 01, 2016
victordan1993:
OMG..i heard this happened in Ibadan, others insist it occurred in Kenya..see more photos below..

continue Reading
http://nanagist..com.ng/2016/09/photos-of-couple-who-did-their-wedding.html
shoprite was chased out of East Africa by competition from kenyan supermarkets. http://www.monitor.co.ug/Business/Prosper/The-Shoprite-exit-was-evident-but-just-delayed/688616-2810688-15awubd/index.html

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of Couple Who Did Their Wedding In Shoprite Has Gone Viral by Hbuyosh(m): 9:36am On Oct 01, 2016
micfoley:
Obviously Kenya
Nope, we dont have Shoprite in Kenya.

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of Couple Who Did Their Wedding In Shoprite Has Gone Viral by Hbuyosh(m): 9:39am On Oct 01, 2016
Muafrika2:
Wedding in a Supermarket? Definitely Nigerian grin
It's funny how they perceive themselves more civilized than other pipo in Africa, that these wacky sort of stuff wouldnt happen in their country.

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of Couple Who Did Their Wedding In Shoprite Has Gone Viral by Nobody: 9:54am On Oct 01, 2016
Hbuyosh:

I think there were rumours of Shoprite trying to get into Kenya by buying Ukwala. I don't know how far that has gone but South African businesses generally don't succeed in Kenya.

But they must be smiling all the way to the bank in Nigeria. Even Seun here is giving them free advertisement.

3 Likes

Re: Photos Of Couple Who Did Their Wedding In Shoprite Has Gone Viral by Hbuyosh(m): 10:04am On Oct 01, 2016
Muafrika2:

I think there were rumours of Shoprite trying to get into Kenya by buying Ukwala. I don't know how far that has gone but South African businesses generally don't succeed in Kenya.

But they must be smiling all the way to the bank in Nigeria. Even Seun here is giving them free advertisement.
There so much confusion surrounding the takeover of that Company. I dont know whats going on! Initially, Tuskys was set to take over that supermarket chain in 2013/14. The govt later turned down that takeover bid. Last year I heard about the Botswana firm taking it over, it dint materialize. Now u are telling me about Shoprite!
Re: Photos Of Couple Who Did Their Wedding In Shoprite Has Gone Viral by Nobody: 10:33am On Oct 01, 2016
Hbuyosh:
There so much confusion surrounding the takeover of that Company. I dont know whats going on! Initially, Tuskys was set to take over that supermarket chain in 2013/14. The govt later turned down that takeover bid. Last year I heard about the Botswana firm taking it over, it dint materialize. Now u are telling me about Shoprite!

I must be confusing the retailers. I see it was Choppies of Botswana. Shoprite was mainly in Tanzania and Uganda but due to its habit of stocking mainly South African made products, fell out of favour with esp the Tanzanian govt.

In May, the company entered Kenya, through the acquisition of 10 Ukwala Supermarkets, which it hopes will spread risk further away from the weakening consumer environment in its present markets.
http://www.bdlive.co.za/business/retail/2015/09/23/choppies-pursues-targets-in-spite-of-opening-delays

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Couple Who Did Their Wedding In Shoprite Has Gone Viral by demmy66: 2:26pm On Oct 01, 2016
Hbuyosh:
It's funny how they perceive themselves more civilized than other pipo in Africa, that these wacky sort of stuff wouldnt happen in their country.
aww.. my african brother, dont be upset. its just for the fun of it.. extends hands..... jambo habari

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Couple Who Did Their Wedding In Shoprite Has Gone Viral by Hbuyosh(m): 6:30pm On Oct 01, 2016
demmy66:
aww.. my african brother, dont be upset. its just for the fun of it.. extends hands..... jambo habari
Ah, mzuri sana ndugu....

I dont mind us being teased by pipo out there over some funny incidents that have happened here. However, I feel that u pipo have somewhat gone beyond the pail. It is to the extent of some of u even fabricating stories, or picking up some bizarre stories from other places in Africa and re-labeling the place of occurrence as Kenya.......
I was quite alarmed when somebody here told me that he thot of Kenya a freakish society, owing to the many weird stories about the country he has been encountering here.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Couple Who Did Their Wedding In Shoprite Has Gone Viral by demmy66: 6:38pm On Oct 01, 2016
Hbuyosh:
Ah, mzuri sana ndugu....

I dont mind us being teased by pipo out there over some funny incidents that have happened here. However, I feel that u pipo have somewhat gone beyond the pail. It is to the extent of some of u even fabricating stories, or picking up some bizarre stories from other places in Africa and re-labeling the place of occurrence as Kenya.......
I was quite alarmed when somebody here told me that he thot of Kenya a freakish society, owing to the many weird stories about the country he has been encountering here.
asante sana bro... i believe everyone reading your comment will adjust and know that when fun turns unbearable insult, we need to respect each other feelings.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Couple Who Did Their Wedding In Shoprite Has Gone Viral by LadyX(f): 7:39pm On Oct 01, 2016
Why are people on this forum so obsessed with Kenya? Even when something happens in Nigeria, they still insist it's Kenya
As others have said there's no Shoprite in Kenya.

Lemme remind the 'saints' that the following events happened in Nigeria this week and I haven't seen Kenyans dissing Nigerians.
1. The Nigerian Central Bank governor's wife was kidnapped ...this is not something to be proud of.

2. Maggots were coming from the private parts of a lady somewhere in Ogun state....from the comments, she was used for money rituals.
Can you imagine living somewhere where you can easily be used for money rituals...scary!! undecided

3. A Nigerian father was raping/sleeping with his 15 year old daughter. That's incest! Not something to be proud of.

Those stories were on Nairaland front page. So as you type "only in Kenya" remember that worse things are happening in Nigeria than in Kenya.

-Also remember there are higher chances of someone who lives in Nigeria to be kidnapped than someone who lives in Kenya.

-There are higher chances of someone who lives in Nigeria to be used for money rituals than someone who lives in Kenya.

-There is a higher chance of someone who lives in Nigeria to be defrauded than someone who lives in Kenya

-Someone who holds a Kenyan passport might be treated in a good way while someone who holds a Nigerian passport might be treated unfairly.

3 Likes

Re: Photos Of Couple Who Did Their Wedding In Shoprite Has Gone Viral by LadyX(f): 7:56pm On Oct 01, 2016
Some people on this forum come off as being totally ignorant of international issues and other countries. If you were not taught in school, it's okay. Google is free. Read and appreciate other countries.

In Kenyan schools (right from primary school), children are taught about other countries. By the time a kid finishes primary school, he/she knows about the whole of Africa.
-He/she knows about cocoa in Ghana, Gold in South Africa, Egyptian pyramids, the African Union, all regional organisations in Africa like COMESA & ECOWAS, petroleum in Nigeria, the system of government in Swaziland, pygmies in Congo, etc

That's why you see some people saying "Kenyans know a lot about us. We are the giants of Africa. They are interested in us, etc" So wrong!
Kenyans know a lot about Africa and the world, so it's not that they are interested in the giant. They can tell you about the Zulu, Yoruba, Ashanti, etc

So read and stop saying "I thought Kenya was a bush with roaming animals!" Or "I don't know where Kenya is on the map" or "Ordinary Kenya" What you call "ordinary" has running systems.

There's NO excuse for being ignorant. A quick Google search will show you that Kenyans don't live on trees! tongue

Stop celebrating ignorance cry

3 Likes

Re: Photos Of Couple Who Did Their Wedding In Shoprite Has Gone Viral by 14(m): 10:08pm On Oct 01, 2016
It apperantly happened in Botswana, Shoprite botswana has confirmed that. what happened was, the couple work in shoprite in the bakery. So they had just passed by to show those who could not make it to the wedding, that indeed, they got married.

The wedding never took place inside shoprite, theynwere just passing by going for photos, then passed by their workplace which is shoprite. Shoprite confirmed that.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos Of Couple Who Did Their Wedding In Shoprite Has Gone Viral by Bifwoli: 10:27pm On Oct 01, 2016
LadyX:
Why are people on this forum so obsessed with Kenya? Even when something happens in Nigeria, they still insist it's Kenya
As others have said there's no Shoprite in Kenya.

Lemme remind the 'saints' that the following events happened in Nigeria this week and I haven't seen Kenyans dissing Nigerians.
1. The Nigerian Central Bank governor's wife was kidnapped ...this is not something to be proud of.

2. Maggots were coming from the private parts of a lady somewhere in Ogun state....from the comments, she was used for money rituals.
Can you imagine living somewhere where you can easily be used for money rituals...scary!! undecided

3. A Nigerian father was raping/sleeping with his 15 year old daughter. That's incest! Not something to be proud of.

Those stories were on Nairaland front page. So as you type "only in Kenya" remember that worse things are happening in Nigeria than in Kenya.

-Also remember there are higher chances of someone who lives in Nigeria to be kidnapped than someone who lives in Kenya.

-There are higher chances of someone who lives in Nigeria to be used for money rituals than someone who lives in Kenya.

-There is a higher chance of someone who lives in Nigeria to be defrauded than someone who lives in Kenya

-Someone who holds a Kenyan passport might be treated in a good way while someone who holds a Nigerian passport might be treated unfairly.

Asante sana dada yangu.The sheer amount of malice being shown towards Kenya here is mind boggling even when facts show otherwise.So much hypocrisy,double standards and belittling of others based on skewed viewpoints even when four fingers are pointing back at the accusers themselves.

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of Couple Who Did Their Wedding In Shoprite Has Gone Viral by Bifwoli: 10:42pm On Oct 01, 2016
Hbuyosh:
Ah, mzuri sana ndugu....

Hawa watu wana kasumba ,chuki and a hollier-than-thou attitude.Nothing like checking facts because it won't fit in with their ready made prejudice.

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of Couple Who Did Their Wedding In Shoprite Has Gone Viral by Arielle: 11:00pm On Oct 01, 2016
Na wa oh! Una don vex oh! Sorry, na. No disrespect meant. It has gone over board, no doubt. No excuse for that. Peace and love.
Re: Photos Of Couple Who Did Their Wedding In Shoprite Has Gone Viral by LadyX(f): 11:04pm On Oct 01, 2016
Bifwoli:

Asante sana dada yangu.The sheer amount of malice being shown towards Kenya here is mind boggling even when facts show otherwise.So much hypocrisy,double standards and belittling of others based on skewed viewpoints even when four fingers are pointing back at the accusers themselves.
Karibu sana
It's true.... most stories about "Kenya" some of which happen in Nigeria but are labeled Kenya are aimed at portraying Kenya in bad light .

The world is so small...thanks to the internet.

You know what people fail to understand is that whatever they post here is read by people from different parts of the world and some people can take it personal. Tomorrow a Nigerian might be treated unfairly because someone read a comment on Nairaland and caught feelings.
Re: Photos Of Couple Who Did Their Wedding In Shoprite Has Gone Viral by PROVERBZ(m): 11:09pm On Oct 01, 2016
Bifwoli:

iishhh ull taking did stuff personal there is no malice,here in Nigeria comedy is.the other of the day we love making jokes and well its bad but the Kenya stuff is trending right now, trust me later its going to stop if u are an active user here uld notice DAT they also call our very own president a dullard from daura

must people who make dis jokes at times have the reasoning DAT its only Nigerians on dis site becuz its our site ave been to topix a keyan site Somali net a Somali site and ave seen so many statements DAT they make DAT we Nigerians won't be happy about recently I was in a south African site kickoff sports due to my love for African football and they always making nasty statements about my country calling us drug nation, juju nation wen I engaged one of them he told me DAT its their site and they free to post wat ever gabage they feel like ...so u gat to ask ur self are u here to havefun and use this forum lyk odas do or simply want to engage any one who makes a joke about ur country just enjoy the site and stop engaging trolls
Re: Photos Of Couple Who Did Their Wedding In Shoprite Has Gone Viral by Nobody: 5:29am On Oct 02, 2016
LadyX:

The world is so small...thanks to the internet.

You know what people fail to understand is that whatever they post here is read by people from different parts of the world and some people can take it personal. Tomorrow a Nigerian might be treated unfairly because someone read a comment on Nairaland and caught feelings.

This is true.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Couple Who Did Their Wedding In Shoprite Has Gone Viral by KINGOFJAPAN: 7:06am On Oct 04, 2016
14:
It apperantly happened in Botswana, Shoprite botswana has confirmed that. what happened was, the couple work in shoprite in the bakery. So they had just passed by to show those who could not make it to the wedding, that indeed, they got married.

The wedding never took place inside shoprite, theynwere just passing by going for photos, then passed by their workplace which is shoprite. Shoprite confirmed that.

LeSudAfricaine tongue

(1) (Reply)

"Lil Kesh You Dress Like Wizkid" - Fans / Complete History And Biography Of Dagrin / Tiwa Savage Runs Away From A Friend’s Camera That Wanted To Capture Her Bum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.