Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,696 members, 7,831,172 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:47 PM

Having Used Allo And Duo Would You Refer It To Friends And Family? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Having Used Allo And Duo Would You Refer It To Friends And Family? (871 Views)

My Conversation With Google Allo Robot / Do Not Use The New Google App "Allo" Edward Snowden Warns... / Google Battles Whatsapp With The New Allo Messaging Application (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Having Used Allo And Duo Would You Refer It To Friends And Family? by Gsmbasics: 8:48am On Oct 01, 2016
Allo and Duo are both very late to the party. Personally, from a user point of view, Duo beats the stuffing from other video chat services due to the fact that it's extremely simple to make a Duo call.

I have actually had Skype and Facebook Messenger and other applications that had the capability of video chat, however, Duo is the first I have actually had that was exclusively for video chat and was easy to use.

However, both of these apps are only just now emerging while other chat apps are being purchased for billions of dollars. The most significant challenge that Allo and Duo face is they do not bring something different to the table.

So Allo and Duo have their benefits and downsides. However, the concern remains: should you try and persuade your family and friends to try it? Personally, I currently have and have actually made a couple of converts. Understanding the potential of Allo, and knowing that it might eventually turn into a completely integrated cross-platform messaging app is quite powerful. However, as I always say, do not evaluate a product on what it may do tomorrow, judge it by what it will do today.

However, does that suggest you can, will, or should? That's exactly what arguments are all about! So write a comment down below and provide your reasons. Maybe you're already entrenched in a community. Perhaps you like its potential. Perhaps you don't care. Let us know

http://gsmbasics.com.ng/599/having-used-allo-and-duo-would-you-refer-it-to-friends-and-family.html

1 Share

Re: Having Used Allo And Duo Would You Refer It To Friends And Family? by jesse8048(m): 9:39am On Oct 01, 2016
The Google assist in allo made it stand out, yet to find d difference between all these messaging app.

1 Like

Re: Having Used Allo And Duo Would You Refer It To Friends And Family? by Nobody: 11:32am On Oct 01, 2016
Gsmbasics:

http://gsmbasics.com.ng/599/having-used-allo-and-duo-would-you-refer-it-to-friends-and-family.html
i did not try duo but allo is installed.I really like Google Allo and Telegram,but it is a really hard job to convince people to try it,most whatsapp users in Nigeria thinks that whatsapp is the only messaging app thats mature and they classify others like 2go childish.Others may still try to use the app but they would quickly uninstall it when they see that theres none of thier contacts there.I noticed all this and i decided to help promote Google Allo in Nigeria.I sent an email to mtn telling them to include google allo,google duo and telegram messenger to thier Goodybag social plans that cost sixty naira monthly,with that i think ive made a move,i also want you to do the same
Re: Having Used Allo And Duo Would You Refer It To Friends And Family? by Nobody: 11:34am On Oct 01, 2016
Gsmbasics:

I really like Google Allo and Telegram,but it is a really hard job to convince people to try it,most whatsapp users in Nigeria thinks that whatsapp is the only messaging app thats mature and they classify others like 2go childish.Others may still try to use the app but they would quickly uninstall it when they see that theres none of thier contacts there.I noticed all this and i decided to help promote Google Allo in Nigeria.I sent an email to mtn telling them to include google allo,google duo and telegram messenger to thier Goodybag social plans that cost sixty naira monthly,with that i think i have made a move,I also want you to do the same.

1 Like

Re: Having Used Allo And Duo Would You Refer It To Friends And Family? by Gsmbasics: 11:52am On Oct 01, 2016
TechEnthusiast:

I really like Google Allo and Telegram,but it is a really hard job to convince people to try it,most whatsapp users in Nigeria thinks that whatsapp is the only messaging app thats mature and they classify others like 2go childish.Others may still try to use the app but they would quickly uninstall it when they see that theres none of thier contacts there.I noticed all this and i decided to help promote Google Allo in Nigeria.I sent an email to mtn telling them to include google allo,google duo and telegram messenger to thier Goodybag social plans that cost sixty naira monthly,with that i think i have made a move,I also want you to do the same.
Yeah good move, I didn't think of that. I will try my best to promote it more on my blog. thanks
Re: Having Used Allo And Duo Would You Refer It To Friends And Family? by vengertime: 7:31pm On Oct 01, 2016
I've converted so many of my friends to the world of allo . Just send all your friends invite they'll download it. Honestly it's awesome
Re: Having Used Allo And Duo Would You Refer It To Friends And Family? by vengertime: 7:08am On Oct 03, 2016
Gsmbasics:
Yeah good move, I didn't think of that. I will try my best to promote it more on my blog. thanks
with this app, I think WhatsApp is in trouble
Re: Having Used Allo And Duo Would You Refer It To Friends And Family? by Viktor1983(m): 9:08am On Oct 04, 2016
Google should have baked allo and Duo together as one app, or better still buy IMO and add google assistant On top....
Re: Having Used Allo And Duo Would You Refer It To Friends And Family? by Gsmbasics: 9:40am On Oct 04, 2016
Viktor1983:
Google should have baked allo and Duo together as one app, or better still buy IMO and add google assistant On top....

I read somewhere that they are planning to merge both apps together soon. I think it's a good idea to save people stress of downloading 2 apps
Re: Having Used Allo And Duo Would You Refer It To Friends And Family? by Viktor1983(m): 9:50am On Oct 04, 2016
Gsmbasics:
I read somewhere that they are planning to merge both apps together soon. I think it's a good idea to save people stress of downloading 2 apps

That would be nice, but left for me They should just buy IMO (Video call app) , IMO has millions of users..
This chat app war is not a small one, They are to battle with Whatsapp, Skype And the other guys...
Google should spend some heavy money if they are to gain traction.
I might be wrong....given that google owns Android, It might be easy for them
Re: Having Used Allo And Duo Would You Refer It To Friends And Family? by wunderkiind(m): 9:55am On Oct 04, 2016
which one is Duo again??
Re: Having Used Allo And Duo Would You Refer It To Friends And Family? by vengertime: 10:45am On Oct 04, 2016
Viktor1983:

That would be nice, but left for me They should just buy IMO (Video call app) , IMO has millions of users..
This chat app war is not a small one, They are to battle with Whatsapp, Skype And the other guys...
Google should spend some heavy money if they are to gain traction.
I might be wrong....given that google owns Android, It might be easy for them
me too am surprised that Google didn't just decide to acquire already built system. Because what this allo and duo mean is that users will have to start sending invites to their family and friends in other to chat with them. That's why Facebook bought WhatsApp despite having messenger to avoid giving people stress
Re: Having Used Allo And Duo Would You Refer It To Friends And Family? by Viktor1983(m): 2:40pm On Oct 04, 2016
vengertime:
me too am surprised that Google didn't just decide to acquire already built system. Because what this allo and duo mean is that users will have to start sending invites to their family and friends in other to chat with them. That's why Facebook bought WhatsApp despite having messenger to avoid giving people stress

Yea.

(1) (Reply)

Gionee M5 Mini For Sale / Leena Launcher Desktop UI (multi-window) / Infinix Zero 4 Plus Full Review(video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.