Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,536 members, 7,827,004 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:46 AM

Google Battles Whatsapp With The New Allo Messaging Application - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Google Battles Whatsapp With The New Allo Messaging Application (50419 Views)

15 Funny But True Experiences We've All Had On Whatsapp (with Pictures) / My Conversation With Google Allo Robot / Nigerian Parents Absolutely Hilarious On Whatsapp (with Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Google Battles Whatsapp With The New Allo Messaging Application by Gsmbasics: 1:54pm On Sep 21, 2016
Google on Wednesday introduced a new instant messaging (WhatsApp-like) platform called Allo that features Google Assistant which can simplify little tasks for users and offer convenience while chatting or sharing files with a contact.

Allo's introduction comes close at heels after Google released its slow-networks video chat application called Duo.
Here's everything you should know about it, including how it works and why you might use it:

[size=15pt]Exactly what is Google Allo?[/size]

Google explains Allo as a messaging app for Android and iPhone users. However, it does a lot more than simply enabling you to send out messages to other users. It's a smart messaging app because it has the power of Google built-in and can obviously learn with time. Although the user interface resembles any chat application, the combination of the artificial intelligence takes Allo's performance and simplicity of use to a brand-new level.

[size=15pt]How does Google Allo work?[/size]

Just like WhatsApp, Allo is based upon your telephone number, so you can use it to send out messages to anyone in your phone contact - not just other Allo users. Asides that, Google had highlighted 3 elements of Allo that make it distinct eg. Security.

[size=15pt]Security[/size]

All messages in Allo are encrypted. Allo provides an Incognito Mode, similar to Chrome browser, which means you get access to not just end-to-end encrypted messages. however, functions like expiring chats and personal notifications. You can for that reason keep message safe from spying eyes, you can control for how long they remain and completely erase them from your phone. This implies that not all messages are secured like in WhatsApp. Google wanted to provide options to users on which chats they want to be secured.

[size=15pt]Allo benefits[/size]

Allo is connected to your contact number so you can text anybody in your phone book. You can doodle on pictures, ask Google Assistant questions, search for info, and go into an Incognito Mode, and so on. And the very best part is ... all of that can get done within this one, totally free app.
Allo likewise works with Google Duo.

[size=15pt]Exactly what is Google Duo?[/size]
Together with Allo, Google presented an easy video calling app for iOS and Android. It's called Duo and is created to compete with Apple's FaceTime and Skype by making the system as simple as possible.
As well as including end-to-end encryption, Duo will work on even sluggish, low bandwidth web connections. It likewise sports an ingenious new function Google is calling Knock Knock. This allows Duo to reveal live previews before you pick the call. Google has actually made sure that the technology is very fast.

http://gsmbasics.com.ng/590/google-battles-whatsapp-with-the-new-allo-messaging-application.html

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Google Battles Whatsapp With The New Allo Messaging Application by Frozeen(m): 2:00pm On Sep 21, 2016
Good one!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Google Battles Whatsapp With The New Allo Messaging Application by Sphilip1(m): 2:13pm On Sep 21, 2016
Google still has plans on opening a social medium platform.
I think its because its google plus could not win our hearts

58 Likes 1 Share

Re: Google Battles Whatsapp With The New Allo Messaging Application by Gsmbasics: 2:19pm On Sep 21, 2016
Sphilip1:
Google still has plans on opening a social medium platform.

I think its because its google plus could not win our hearts
To be honest, Google+ really failed big time. but this Allo looks sleek and easy to use.

30 Likes

Re: Google Battles Whatsapp With The New Allo Messaging Application by Sphilip1(m): 2:24pm On Sep 21, 2016
Gsmbasics:
To be honest, Google+ really failed big time. but this Allo looks sleek and easy to use.

google wants to rule this world without God's permission.. Lol.

Google Allo will be made available either this week or the next.

I heard rumours that google also wants to add a form of chat or messaging feature to youtube inorder to increase interraction

21 Likes

Re: Google Battles Whatsapp With The New Allo Messaging Application by Peacefullove: 2:25pm On Sep 21, 2016
hmm , am loving this

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Google Battles Whatsapp With The New Allo Messaging Application by nototribalist: 2:30pm On Sep 21, 2016
I wonder why Google didn't just buy WhatsApp then. So that Facebook will focus on messenger. Nice one OP

27 Likes

Re: Google Battles Whatsapp With The New Allo Messaging Application by Gsmbasics: 2:52pm On Sep 21, 2016
Sphilip1:

google wants to rule this world without God's permission.. Lol.

Google Allo will be made available either this week or the next.

I heard rumours that google also wants to add a form of chat or messaging feature to youtube inorder to increase interraction
Yeah that was 5 months ago, but the comment section is simply fine to me, cos adding a chat box will be distracting

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Google Battles Whatsapp With The New Allo Messaging Application by Nobody: 2:55pm On Sep 21, 2016
How many chat apps do one actually need?

75 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Google Battles Whatsapp With The New Allo Messaging Application by Alexbrain(m): 3:10pm On Sep 21, 2016
Re: Google Battles Whatsapp With The New Allo Messaging Application by lilmax(m): 3:12pm On Sep 21, 2016
nice
Re: Google Battles Whatsapp With The New Allo Messaging Application by Gsmbasics: 3:30pm On Sep 21, 2016
Vorpal:
How many chat apps do one actually need?
I just remembered BBM, I had to delete it last week from my Android device. the truth is I've not opened it for the past 6 months and its 120mb if not more(that one na space na). so just try to stick to the ones that are useful to you.

58 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Google Battles Whatsapp With The New Allo Messaging Application by nani667: 3:55pm On Sep 21, 2016
weird that people are saying Google plus failed.....

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Google Battles Whatsapp With The New Allo Messaging Application by dayjee: 4:47pm On Sep 21, 2016
Very good one....

2 Likes

Re: Google Battles Whatsapp With The New Allo Messaging Application by Sphilip1(m): 4:48pm On Sep 21, 2016
nani667:
weird that people are saying Google plus failed.....

The word fail is actually a big word.

Among the numerous reason why i love Google Plus, it's not a failure cos i have a couple of follows there who deem it fit to visit my blog.

But never the less what's your own opinion? Did Google Plus fail?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Google Battles Whatsapp With The New Allo Messaging Application by ROCE: 4:53pm On Sep 21, 2016
Between Google and Facebook, I do not know which one is more intrusive. They want to sync all your data, even your blood group. Bikonu, e don do!

88 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Google Battles Whatsapp With The New Allo Messaging Application by ROCE: 4:54pm On Sep 21, 2016
nototribalist:
I wonder why Google didn't just buy WhatsApp then. So that Facebook will focus on messenger. Nice one OP

Ahn ahn, Facebook bought over whatsapp so that they would not have to bother over Messenger's progress.

2 Likes

Re: Google Battles Whatsapp With The New Allo Messaging Application by Dapsonemmanuel(m): 6:15pm On Sep 21, 2016
Pretty sure its not going to be as widely used as whatsapp .. I think this app is just waste of time .. God help them if they get users ... But seriously why is every friggin new app created always based on android and iPhones .. Wtf .. Isn't lumias not worth it??

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Google Battles Whatsapp With The New Allo Messaging Application by Dapsonemmanuel(m): 6:15pm On Sep 21, 2016
Pretty sure its not going to be as widely used as whatsapp .. I think this app is just waste of time .. God help them if they get users ... But seriously why is every friggin new app created always based on android and iPhones .. Wtf .. Isn't lumia not worth it??

1 Like

Re: Google Battles Whatsapp With The New Allo Messaging Application by YonkijiSappo: 6:46pm On Sep 21, 2016
Sorry but Google has lost the battle before the fight even begins.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Google Battles Whatsapp With The New Allo Messaging Application by COvo(m): 6:46pm On Sep 21, 2016
H
Re: Google Battles Whatsapp With The New Allo Messaging Application by VhatAmazingDude: 6:48pm On Sep 21, 2016
But is Allo available yet?

Even Googled Duo is yet to become widely used. Once I get Allo, I will uninstall both Whatsapp and Imo. Anyone that needs to talk to me must install it. angryThe

8 Likes

Re: Google Battles Whatsapp With The New Allo Messaging Application by miqos02(m): 6:49pm On Sep 21, 2016
good
Re: Google Battles Whatsapp With The New Allo Messaging Application by VhatAmazingDude: 6:49pm On Sep 21, 2016
YonkijiSappo:
Sorry but Google has lost the battle before the fight even begins.

Depends on how you see it. Google owns Android OS. They surely know it all.

6 Likes

Re: Google Battles Whatsapp With The New Allo Messaging Application by iceberryose(m): 6:50pm On Sep 21, 2016
Superb app
Funny too

4 Likes

Re: Google Battles Whatsapp With The New Allo Messaging Application by Nobody: 6:50pm On Sep 21, 2016
R[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Google Battles Whatsapp With The New Allo Messaging Application by Turks: 6:50pm On Sep 21, 2016
BBM has just found itself serious competition.
Re: Google Battles Whatsapp With The New Allo Messaging Application by johnemeka(m): 6:50pm On Sep 21, 2016
Ok
Re: Google Battles Whatsapp With The New Allo Messaging Application by JeffreyJames(m): 6:52pm On Sep 21, 2016
This won't work lol..... Whatsapp is king!

2 Likes

Re: Google Battles Whatsapp With The New Allo Messaging Application by Weedcrusher: 6:52pm On Sep 21, 2016
If I'm WhatsApp management, I will be super worried. Those Google guys likr dominating any market they enter. But they will have a good competitor in Mark Zuckerberg

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Google Battles Whatsapp With The New Allo Messaging Application by adepiero: 6:52pm On Sep 21, 2016
Competition is good for the market cheesy

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Google Battles Whatsapp With The New Allo Messaging Application by ajalawole(m): 6:55pm On Sep 21, 2016
if it can work on my nokia asha 305 then no wahala grin

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

:::Research Room On Browsing::: / See The Message A Scammer Sent Me (pics) / Latest Mobile Games For Your Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.