Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,748 members, 7,809,866 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:16 PM

[pics] Google Allo Better Than Whatsapp: See Reasons - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / [pics] Google Allo Better Than Whatsapp: See Reasons (3851 Views)

Telegram Is Way Better Than Whatsapp / My Conversation With Google Allo Robot / Google Battles Whatsapp With The New Allo Messaging Application (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

[pics] Google Allo Better Than Whatsapp: See Reasons by wilnaira(m): 5:40pm On Oct 01, 2016
I'm one of those who thinks Google's Allo messenger is better than Whatsapp messenger. Someone said "is it because of d search feature", I said YES, including other features I have listed. The google assistant is just brilliant and smart. It is faster than the normal browser Google search. One of the reason people won't drop Whatsapp for it immediately is simply

1. Allo is new, so most people don't know about it, meaning if u have allo on your phone, you won't get most of ur contacts on it (dey are probably on Whatsapp bcus even d market woman in d village knows Whatsapp)

2. I think this is the biggest reason reason why people won't drop Whatsapp for allo immediately,
Whatsapp bundle: Most people who don't have money for data subscription probably turns to Whatsapp bundle to stay in touch with friends online...

Read more from http://www.nairabit.com/2016/10/whatsapp-bbm-and-google-allo-see-why.html

For google to make Allo the number one messenger of choice to most people and to overtake Whatsapp ( just like Whatsapp did to BBM), they need massive and aggressive campaign and strategies because Allo already have what it takes to become number one.

read about full Allo features/download: http://www.nairabit.com/2016/09/google-allo-and-google-duo-download-and.html

Re: [pics] Google Allo Better Than Whatsapp: See Reasons by Nobody: 5:46pm On Oct 01, 2016
Allo is simply Whatsapp with Duta

4 Likes

Re: [pics] Google Allo Better Than Whatsapp: See Reasons by Tintinnoty(m): 5:54pm On Oct 01, 2016
Allo is fantastic but known of my contacts are on it so all I do is while out time pending when my friends come onboard
Re: [pics] Google Allo Better Than Whatsapp: See Reasons by wilnaira(m): 6:17pm On Oct 01, 2016
Tintinnoty:
Allo is fantastic but known of my contacts are on it so all I do is while out time pending when my friends come onboard

dats d main issue, contacts on allo
Re: [pics] Google Allo Better Than Whatsapp: See Reasons by MizMyColi(f): 7:54pm On Oct 01, 2016
On iOS

Allo takes time to load.
You have to search out a name, it does not show you your contacts who using the app.

My biggest issue and why I prefer Whatsapp to Allo is that

1. You cannot call from the app.

2. Loading the UI when you receive a new message is time consuming.

I deleted it.
Couldn't deal.

2 Likes

Re: [pics] Google Allo Better Than Whatsapp: See Reasons by Nobody: 8:32pm On Oct 01, 2016
If it works on symbian I'd port to it at the end of the year.

1 Like

Re: [pics] Google Allo Better Than Whatsapp: See Reasons by wilnaira(m): 9:08pm On Oct 01, 2016
charix:
If it works on symbian I'd port to it at the end of the year.

symbian even Whatsapp is quiting symbian by d end of d year
Re: [pics] Google Allo Better Than Whatsapp: See Reasons by soulhighman(m): 9:35pm On Oct 01, 2016
Does anyone know how many members can be in a group chat on Allo? I would like to know if it permits more members than WhatsApp so I can take my WhatsApp group there.

1 Like

Re: [pics] Google Allo Better Than Whatsapp: See Reasons by Nobody: 9:40pm On Oct 01, 2016
wilnaira:

symbian even Whatsapp is quiting symbian by d end of d year
Hence the reason this app better work on symbian for me to get excited.
Re: [pics] Google Allo Better Than Whatsapp: See Reasons by eunisam: 9:56pm On Oct 01, 2016
am loving this.
does it work on all version of android?
Re: [pics] Google Allo Better Than Whatsapp: See Reasons by wilnaira(m): 9:58pm On Oct 01, 2016
MizMyColi:
On iOS

Allo takes time to load.
You have to search out a name, it does not show you your contacts who using the app.

I deleted it.
Couldn't deal.
I havnt tried it on iOS but d android version is fast nd smooth
Re: [pics] Google Allo Better Than Whatsapp: See Reasons by abumeinben(m): 10:03pm On Oct 01, 2016
I dey read una comments dey laff.

How dare you, at this hour of the night, compare allow to WhatsApp? WhatsApp is a glorified messenger, allow is a bot, a soft machine that you can do things with. Fir example, my friends say I'm too quiet. No issue. I chatted with all and I leant how it responded to my questions and I will confess that I'm learning a new way to converse.

Those complaining of all not making calls, just wait for google, have you heard of Google duo? In the nearest future, these audio/video calling would be integrated into one app. Same way they kicked blackberry out, I won't be surprised if same is done to WhatsApp.

WhatsApp is already shooting itself in the leg by selecting platforms to operate on. Trust Google, they'll get to the least just like the Google maps knows every little corner.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: [pics] Google Allo Better Than Whatsapp: See Reasons by wilnaira(m): 10:07pm On Oct 01, 2016
MizMyColi:
On iOS

Allo takes time to load.

I deleted it.
Couldn't deal.
I havnt tried it on iOS but d android version is fast nd smooth

1 Like

Re: [pics] Google Allo Better Than Whatsapp: See Reasons by wilnaira(m): 10:12pm On Oct 01, 2016
abumeinben:
I dey read una comments dey laff.

How dare you, at this hour of the night, compare allow to WhatsApp? WhatsApp is a glorified messenger, allow is a bot, a soft machine that you can do things with. Fir example, my friends say I'm too quiet. No issue. I chatted with all and I leant how it responded to my questions and I will confess that I'm learning a new way to converse.

Those complaining of all not making calls, just wait for google, have you heard of Google duo? In the nearest future, these audio/video calling would be integrated into one app. Same way they kicked blackberry out, I won't be surprised if same is done to WhatsApp.

WhatsApp is already shooting itself in the leg by selecting platforms to operate on. Trust Google, they'll get to the least just like the Google maps knows every little corner.

exactly.... you can't compare Allo to Whatsapp. Allo is dope meennnn grin
Re: [pics] Google Allo Better Than Whatsapp: See Reasons by wilnaira(m): 11:13pm On Oct 01, 2016
cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: [pics] Google Allo Better Than Whatsapp: See Reasons by bongolistik(m): 6:41am On Oct 02, 2016
MizMyColi:
On iOS

Allo takes time to load.

I deleted it.
Couldn't deal.
and who told you that? How come in my end here on Allo I am seeing all my contacts that are using it
Re: [pics] Google Allo Better Than Whatsapp: See Reasons by MizMyColi(f): 8:37am On Oct 02, 2016
bongolistik:
and who told you that? How come in my end here on Allo I am seeing all my contacts that are using it

It did not show on mine. Except they have upgraded.
Re: [pics] Google Allo Better Than Whatsapp: See Reasons by FunkyMetahuman: 10:26am On Oct 02, 2016
wilnaira:
cool
interesting

May be, someday soon we will build a powerful AI computer or software program that would destroy the world grin

No mind me, too much SciFi dey worry me ...
Re: [pics] Google Allo Better Than Whatsapp: See Reasons by wilnaira(m): 11:52am On Oct 02, 2016
FunkyMetahuman:
interesting

May be , we will build a powerful AI computer that would destroy the world grin

No mind me, too much SciFi dey worry me ...

loolzzz
Re: [pics] Google Allo Better Than Whatsapp: See Reasons by Olasco93: 12:38pm On Oct 02, 2016
If Google Allo get sense, want popularity and users, make them role out the Allo App for All Android Versions, BB, Symbian, Java, Windows them go rise like Dollar against Cefa...
Re: [pics] Google Allo Better Than Whatsapp: See Reasons by herald9: 1:03pm On Oct 02, 2016
Allo already have 5 million plus downloads on Playstore only, excluding Apple store.

I specifically love the UI compared to WhatsApp. Though I don't have much contacts, but with time, it'd be booming.

The only way Google can edge out whatsapp is if they support all devices since whatsapp is withdrawing.

The BOT feature is really cool.
Re: [pics] Google Allo Better Than Whatsapp: See Reasons by ssolaoye: 1:26pm On Oct 02, 2016
Re: [pics] Google Allo Better Than Whatsapp: See Reasons by Oahray: 3:46pm On Oct 02, 2016
I just checked it out and I've uninstalled. If telegram couldn't overthrow whatsapp, it's unlikely this allo can. The only thing worthy of any note is the assistant. However it only excels as a search bot, which is rather useless since you can perform a search yourself in your browser. Fails woefully as a chatbot; poor word recognition. There are waaaay better bots on telegram.

It might be ready to compete in future versions. Not yet. Not now.

2 Likes

Re: [pics] Google Allo Better Than Whatsapp: See Reasons by ifyeez: 4:04pm On Oct 02, 2016
The competition btw then doesn't seem to end
Re: [pics] Google Allo Better Than Whatsapp: See Reasons by ITbomb(m): 4:17pm On Oct 02, 2016
Next complaints we will be hearing is that Allo consumes too much data.

WhatsApp excel as a sms replacement, cheap, easy to load and clean interface, if they try to get all the bling under the platform, it would quickly go down.

I still don't trust Google but when they give you all you need, you may as well let them take all they need

1 Like

Re: [pics] Google Allo Better Than Whatsapp: See Reasons by Smartixy(m): 4:42pm On Oct 02, 2016
Google is slowly taking over the planet, did you release it's hard to be online without using a Google product. The make things easier and cheaper. From Android, search engine, blogger, Adsense, admob, AdWords, Maps etc the just take over I think they have the most intelligent bots. They are the future you need to watch the Google I/O videos. They are just planning the best

1 Like 1 Share

Re: [pics] Google Allo Better Than Whatsapp: See Reasons by kamatofeelz(m): 7:55pm On Oct 02, 2016
bongolistik:
how?
Re: [pics] Google Allo Better Than Whatsapp: See Reasons by wilnaira(m): 8:32pm On Oct 02, 2016
Smartixy:
Google is slowly taking over the planet, did you release it's hard to be online without using a Google product. The make things easier and cheaper. From Android, search engine, blogger, Adsense, admob, AdWords, Maps etc the just take over I think they have the most intelligent bots. They are the future you need to watch the Google I/O videos. They are just planning the best
plus youtube....
Re: [pics] Google Allo Better Than Whatsapp: See Reasons by wilnaira(m): 8:43pm On Oct 02, 2016
Oahray:
I just checked it out and I've uninstalled. If telegram couldn't overthrow whatsapp, it's unlikely this allo can. The only thing worthy of any note is the assistant. However it only excels as a search bot, which is rather useless since you can perform a search yourself in your browser. Fails woefully as a chatbot; poor word recognition. There are waaaay better bots on telegram.

It might be ready to compete in future versions. Not yet. Not now.

the assistant is not just a search bot! Do you know you can play games with it nd do other stuff?....do u know of a feature called incognito mode? With it u can set messages that u sent tu some1 to expire. Meanin d person cant have the chat to show to friends for example, if its some kindof privacy chat. You can read d features from d link provided
Re: [pics] Google Allo Better Than Whatsapp: See Reasons by Oahray: 10:21pm On Oct 02, 2016
wilnaira:

the assistant is not just a search bot! Do you know you can play games with it nd do other stuff?....do u know of a feature called incognito mode? With it u can set messages that u sent tu some1 to expire. Meanin d person cant have the chat to show to friends for example, if its some kindof privacy chat. You can read d features from d link provided
"it only excels as a search bot" is not the same as "it is just a search bot" so I dunno what you are refuting.

I know what incognito mode is, and there's nothing new about it. Apps like telegram have long had it (Telegram calls it secret chat). They haven't replaced whatsapp simply because they have the feature.

Someone developed Duta to be used with whatsapp, but people rarely use it. Know why? Simplicity is what makes whatsapp what it is. Many people do not care about added features, they want to be able to send and receive messages in real time at little or no cost.

One cannot easily locate his list of contacts on Allo, unless you want to select someone to start a chat with. To think someone said something about an excellent UI... UX is just as important.

Forget Allo... It looks Beta, and it has a long way to go before it can become a contender. If it were all about bots and incognito mode, everyone would be using telegram.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Who Remembers This?? / Newly Discovered! You Can Now Download Freely Follow My Screenshots / Who Else Is Experiencing This: No network on my Etisalat SIM .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.