Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,706 members, 7,837,582 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 07:37 AM

Houses Built Using Cargo Containers (Photos) - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Houses Built Using Cargo Containers (Photos) (38227 Views)

See Wonderful Houses In Nigeria Built With Just Shipping Containers (PHOTOS) / Cargo Containers and Refeer Containers 20ft & 40ft For Sale (pix) / See Creativity: House Built Using Wood (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Houses Built Using Cargo Containers (Photos) by gist4kidsblog: 7:10am On Oct 02, 2016
Make sense

Re: Houses Built Using Cargo Containers (Photos) by avenglow(m): 7:12am On Oct 02, 2016
What's the cost of constructing a mini flat with these containers? Can I have their contacts please?
Re: Houses Built Using Cargo Containers (Photos) by fashrola(m): 7:14am On Oct 02, 2016
agarawu23:
my question too.

Cc millz404

500k is too small for one storey container house...

The cost of 40ft container is about 470k
The cost of 20ft container is about 300k

Cost of hiring a crane for a day could cost up 50k
Insulation of the container and earthing of electrical wires
Painting with Marine coating paint (Very expensive)

This container house is expensive compared to building a conventional house.

5 Likes

Re: Houses Built Using Cargo Containers (Photos) by yinkslinks(m): 7:23am On Oct 02, 2016
I just fear fashola electric shock through iron grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Houses Built Using Cargo Containers (Photos) by UchaNwababa: 7:23am On Oct 02, 2016
Risk of Electric Shock, Heat and Cold.
Re: Houses Built Using Cargo Containers (Photos) by Princejboy(m): 7:24am On Oct 02, 2016
if naked wire wey light dey just touch dat thing ehhh i reserve my comment
Re: Houses Built Using Cargo Containers (Photos) by drake2(m): 7:37am On Oct 02, 2016
I heard dat a bus ticket from Gwagwalada to hell fire costs just N20.
Try ds container ideology there, lets see what happens?
Re: Houses Built Using Cargo Containers (Photos) by Laredojohn(m): 7:43am On Oct 02, 2016
this type of building is used in some very few offices where I work and they have stood the test of time , most factors raised ere are not an issue, they have wire connections, all insulated, no fear of heat or cold...if this can b effectively replicated even if not for sale but for rent rent as to reduce the cost of getting accommodation it will still save cost abit...
Re: Houses Built Using Cargo Containers (Photos) by kaylex1994(m): 7:48am On Oct 02, 2016
Was he planning on building a bread oven but changed plan?

Re: Houses Built Using Cargo Containers (Photos) by frankyfranky(m): 7:48am On Oct 02, 2016
What's the cost of construction for 2/3bedroom? are u anywhere near Abuja/Delta ?
Re: Houses Built Using Cargo Containers (Photos) by obua: 7:52am On Oct 02, 2016
macanu:
do u HV their contact or it ur work,u can mail it here elijahmack077@gmail.com
we build container cabin homes. See www.rapidcabin.com.
Insulation using Rockwool, polysterene , polyurethane is done to reduce heat

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Houses Built Using Cargo Containers (Photos) by southernbelle(f): 7:54am On Oct 02, 2016
Very practical for use as office buildings as they are even easy to put together within short space of time and are also a very good way of reusing the containers.
But as place of residence, for me, that's a no. And there are so many reasons why it isn't acceptable not excluding the fact that someone can come and carry me and my house to another location while I'm asleep as someone pointed out earlier. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Houses Built Using Cargo Containers (Photos) by Nobody: 8:06am On Oct 02, 2016
Oyinbo sytle
Re: Houses Built Using Cargo Containers (Photos) by Orikinla(m): 8:12am On Oct 02, 2016
NTA on Victoria Island built such houses used for office.
Re: Houses Built Using Cargo Containers (Photos) by Greenbullet(m): 8:16am On Oct 02, 2016
Millz404:
More
op please I am intreste,how much will they take for a four bedroom apartment. I have exquisite taste so can I join in the design, how is heat and cold controlled is it as good as that of a brick house?,what are the risk of electric shock?,will the steel/iron used be easily noticeable, does it last as long as a brick house,please answer me immediately.
Re: Houses Built Using Cargo Containers (Photos) by KingRex1(m): 8:16am On Oct 02, 2016
You definitely gonna have the container walls insulated.
OP u didn't show anything on wiring, fixtures n plumbing works

1 Like

Re: Houses Built Using Cargo Containers (Photos) by sorepco(m): 8:23am On Oct 02, 2016
I tot of wooden finishiing as wellm but realised the imminent danger with kids playing with candles or matches

clydedaniels:
Abeg I want one.. the hous them too fine...

B/w the metals can be insulated using wooden finishing..

You (or your enemies) can also easily dismantle and carry your house to the village.... grin grin grin
Re: Houses Built Using Cargo Containers (Photos) by agarawu23(m): 8:23am On Oct 02, 2016
fashrola:

why waste cash on it then even with many disadvantage
Re: Houses Built Using Cargo Containers (Photos) by sorepco(m): 8:25am On Oct 02, 2016
U r correct. But u can easily devift they r containers. However with these above pics the outer walls r so smooth u cant tell they r containers without being told.

joedams:
This is what most of the office buildings at my place of work are made of.
Re: Houses Built Using Cargo Containers (Photos) by sorepco(m): 8:26am On Oct 02, 2016
Do u know the price of a 40f mpty container?? Quite ecpensive

namuguibe:
Though not novel, this is a good way of repurposing used shipping containers.
Re: Houses Built Using Cargo Containers (Photos) by Nobody: 8:27am On Oct 02, 2016
There is a general hospital in my home town, Ikwo~Ebonyi built by Babangida, it is constructed with metals all over, with marble floor, flowers and other ornamental trees around it, and is relatively cool, no too much heat or cold, if u don't pay close attention to it, u will think that it is a brick house, it is all assembled and looks very aesthetic like the house, u see on movies.
Re: Houses Built Using Cargo Containers (Photos) by perfectwazobia1: 8:32am On Oct 02, 2016
southernbelle:
Very practical as use for office buildings as they are even easy to put together within short space of time and are also a very good way of reusing the containers.
But as place of residence, for me, that's a no. And there are so many reasons why it isn't acceptable not excluding the fact that someone can come and carry me and my house to another location while I'm asleep as someone pointed out earlier. grin grin grin

You cracked my ribs . Though I'm seriously thinking of getting one as a living house but with this your analysis maybe I will just change my mind.
Re: Houses Built Using Cargo Containers (Photos) by Oyimzy(m): 8:33am On Oct 02, 2016
As long as it is safe, it's okay. Nice.
Re: Houses Built Using Cargo Containers (Photos) by cindyrocks(f): 8:38am On Oct 02, 2016
That will generate a lot of heat in the house.
Re: Houses Built Using Cargo Containers (Photos) by Hades2016(m): 8:40am On Oct 02, 2016
decatalyst:

I prefer cold constantly...at least, I would be forced to go marry grin grin

But if the heat in this thing hit you, walahi, you no need vegetables oil to fry the two eggs in between grin
guy you go use laff finish person for here oooo cheesy grin
Re: Houses Built Using Cargo Containers (Photos) by dgitrader(m): 8:43am On Oct 02, 2016
obua:
we build container cabin homes. See www.rapidcabin.com.
Insulation using Rockwool, polysterene , polyurethane is done to reduce heat

is it really possible as the op said, that 500k can put up a two bedroom flat?

also, in ur expert opinion, what minimal amount can complete any basic form of two bedrooms flat say in Abuja or lagos, all things being equal.

thanks
Re: Houses Built Using Cargo Containers (Photos) by southernbelle(f): 8:44am On Oct 02, 2016
perfectwazobia1:

You cracked my ribs . Though I'm seriously thinking of getting one as a living house but with this your analysis maybe I will just change my mind.

Lol, you should if it appeals to you. That comment was just for laughs, on a more serious note, it won't be that easy for a crane to pick it up because it will be secured with a foundation.

1 Like

Re: Houses Built Using Cargo Containers (Photos) by dgitrader(m): 8:45am On Oct 02, 2016
fashrola:

nice analysis.

3 Likes

Re: Houses Built Using Cargo Containers (Photos) by onionsoup(f): 8:49am On Oct 02, 2016
Millz404:

Choose a battle. Heat or cold.
If there are willing to arrange 2bedroom for you 500k nko

I go collect am sharpedly. Na to just buy ac to support me during heat time. I hate heat grin
Re: Houses Built Using Cargo Containers (Photos) by Toks2008(m): 8:51am On Oct 02, 2016
decatalyst:
I fear heat and cold grin
It can be well insulated.
Re: Houses Built Using Cargo Containers (Photos) by tukdi: 8:53am On Oct 02, 2016
Millz404:

U buy ac na... People buying ac, are there not your mates
grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Supreme Court Upholds Right Of Female Child To Inherit Properties In Igboland / Nigerian Man Dies After Jumping Out From His Condo In Malaysia - Pictures / Documents To Ask For When Buying Land Any Where In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.