Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,281 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:11 AM

Why Doesn't God Audibly Tell People Not To Do Certain Things? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Doesn't God Audibly Tell People Not To Do Certain Things? (3751 Views)

Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? / Why Doesn't God Heal Everyone? / Twitter Reacts To Adeboye's Advice On The Type Of People Not Marry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Doesn't God Audibly Tell People Not To Do Certain Things? by Ranchhoddas: 5:09pm On Oct 02, 2016
johnydon22:

Why is an abomination for God to sound faminine, that'd be far more soothing...
But No God can't be female right?
I no know oo
Re: Why Doesn't God Audibly Tell People Not To Do Certain Things? by analice107: 5:12pm On Oct 02, 2016
johnydon22:

Even though humans and God have "baritone" in common?

Jon. When God decided or dwell amongst Humans, he took the form of a man. If he wants to speak to humans, he will take the voice of humans.

1 Like

Re: Why Doesn't God Audibly Tell People Not To Do Certain Things? by Pidggin(f): 5:14pm On Oct 02, 2016
johnydon22:

The bible disagrees with you though

Job 37:2
"Listen closely to the thunder of His voice, And the rumbling that goes out
from His mouth.

2samuel 22:14
The Lord thundered from heaven.
The Most High made his voice heard.

Jeremiah 10:13
When He utters His voice, there is a tumult of waters in the heavens,

Job 40:9
"Or do you have an arm like God, And can you thunder with a voice like His?

That is not a gentle male voice but what do i know lipsrsealed

The Holy Spirit is the person who speaks directly to man. He is a gentle spirit. He was sent to comfort, counsel, guide and sanctify man thus He cannot communicate in a thunderous voice as God does because humans will be scared

The bible says He doesn't make us scared nor cause us to be afraid

God doesn't communicate in a feminine voice because He is not female. Gender is an earthly identity
Re: Why Doesn't God Audibly Tell People Not To Do Certain Things? by DeSepiero(m): 5:19pm On Oct 02, 2016
analice107:

For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
Romans:8:14

Are you a son?

My sheep will hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
John:10:27

Goats don't hear the voice of a Shepherd, only sheep does.

Are you a goat or a sheep?

Yes! That's true, according to the Bible.

I am human though ! Not sheep or goat.

Now, I'm asking without religious sentiments.
Would it not be nice if the Almighty God who created us all 'in his image' talked to us all (his creations) audibly for us all to hear and understand him better?
Re: Why Doesn't God Audibly Tell People Not To Do Certain Things? by Deicide: 5:19pm On Oct 02, 2016
analice107:

Jon. When God decided or dwell amongst Humans, he took the form of a man. If he wants to speak to humans, he will take the voice of humans.

1 Like

Re: Why Doesn't God Audibly Tell People Not To Do Certain Things? by johnydon22(m): 5:26pm On Oct 02, 2016
Pidggin:

The Holy Spirit is the person who speaks directly to man. He is a gentle spirit. He was sent to comfort, counsel, guide and sanctify man thus He cannot communicate in a thunderous voice as God does because humans will be scared

The bible says He doesn't make us scared nor cause us to be afraid

Ok now it is the Holy spirit that talks in a gentle voice and not god, this directly contradicts your post which i'll quote below... Thus that voids your previous post automatically

God doesn't communicate in a feminine voice because He is not female. Gender is an earthly identity

But he communicates in a male voice as Analice suggested- Is God male?

You said
Pidggin:

Thus says the Lord "I am the good Shepherd, my Sheep hear my voice, I know them and they know me" Jn 10:27

OP, are you a believer? God has a gentle male voice. You can only hear and recognize Him if you believe

So since God can communicate in a male voice - is it a male?

Don't forget as you said Gender is an earthly identity!!!
Re: Why Doesn't God Audibly Tell People Not To Do Certain Things? by johnydon22(m): 5:28pm On Oct 02, 2016
analice107:

Ok which means God can also have a feminine voice when talking to humans - this literally means the voice you heard is just 'A comouflage' of God's voice, wasn't it's actual voice - Yes?
Re: Why Doesn't God Audibly Tell People Not To Do Certain Things? by johnydon22(m): 5:29pm On Oct 02, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
I no know oo
Something to mull over
Re: Why Doesn't God Audibly Tell People Not To Do Certain Things? by johnydon22(m): 5:30pm On Oct 02, 2016
hahn:

I know you have a thing for aphrodite smiley

I only deem Aphrodite the only Deity (God/Goddess) worth my worship, Imagine what i can do kneeling under that long flawless naked body wink

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Doesn't God Audibly Tell People Not To Do Certain Things? by Pidggin(f): 5:37pm On Oct 02, 2016
johnydon22:

Ok now it is the Holy spirit that talks in a gentle voice and not god... ok good that voids your previous post automatically

But he communicates in a male voice as Analice suggested- Is God male?

Are you okay? The trinity consist of three persons in one just like you have a body, soul and spirit. The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God. You cannot understand this truth with your canal mind.

Yes, man was made in the image and likeness of God. He is a person, an eternal being, the existence. He is more than a man. He is the I AM. Man is mortal God is not, how then can I define Him as just a man
Re: Why Doesn't God Audibly Tell People Not To Do Certain Things? by johnydon22(m): 5:46pm On Oct 02, 2016
Pidggin:

Are you okay? The trinity consist of three persons in one just like you have a body, soul and spirit. The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God. You cannot understand this truth with your canal mind.
Please don't get frustrated, we are just gisting .. lol.

You are exactly the person that said this few minutes ago
Pidggin:

The Holy Spirit is the person who speaks directly to man. He is a gentle spirit. He was sent to comfort, counsel, guide and sanctify man thus [size=20]He cannot communicate in a thunderous voice as God does because humans will be scared[/size]
which literally means God and holy spirit communicates in two different tones and ways.

You said this not me - Are you already trying to distance yourself from your own assertions?

Yes, man was made in the image and likeness of God. He is a person, an eternal being, the existence. He is more than a man. He is the I AM. Man is mortal God is not, how then can I define Him as just a man

This is not the answer to my question - my question was

remember when you said this?
Pidggin:

and
Pidggin:

OP, are you a believer? God has a gentle male voice. You can only hear and recognize Him if you believe

So this begs the question " since you think God can't speak in a female voice cus it's not female and also think God speaks in a male voice - does this mean God is male?"

3 Likes

Re: Why Doesn't God Audibly Tell People Not To Do Certain Things? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:46pm On Oct 02, 2016
johnydon22:

God can appear to people in different forms and ways , the same way God communicates to people in different ways and forms . The important thing God desires is that the message is passed to you .

Some people say its a stentorian voice , some say its mellifluous - it does not matter how it sounds . Its the message that is being passed to you that is more important . How about asking people what message they received from God ? That makes more sense bro .
Re: Why Doesn't God Audibly Tell People Not To Do Certain Things? by Pidggin(f): 5:58pm On Oct 02, 2016
johnydon22:
Please don't get frustrated, we are just gisting .. lol.

You are exactly the person that said this few minutes ago which literally means God and holy spirit communicates in two different tones and ways.

You said this not me - Are you already trying to distance yourself from your own assertions?

This is not the answer to my question - my question was

remember when you said this?

and

So this begs the question " since you think God can't speak in a female voice cus it's not female and also think God speaks in a male voice - does this mean God is male?"

Yes, God and the Holy Spirit communicate in two different voices. I believe you can change your voice at will or can't you? There are times when you speak loudly, there are times when you speak quietly, it depends on your intention.

I listed the roles of the Holy Spirit previously, He is here to communicate with us. He wouldn't speak thunderously because people will die of fear and His aim will not be achieved

I stated facts not personal thoughts. God doesn't communicate in a feminine voice because He chooses not to, He can do all things and nothing is impossible for Him so communicating in a feminine voice is not impossible but He has made His choice.

God is more than a man, He is the I AM. Calling Him a man is an insult.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Doesn't God Audibly Tell People Not To Do Certain Things? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:58pm On Oct 02, 2016
Deicide:
-

With your logic , because Femi Adesina always tells the public what Buhari does or says in a meeting or during his visits , it somehow makes it Femi Adesina's words or actions
Re: Why Doesn't God Audibly Tell People Not To Do Certain Things? by Deicide: 6:17pm On Oct 02, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

With your logic , because Femi Adesina always tells the public what Buhari does or says in a meeting or during his visits , it somehow makes it Femi Adesina's words or actions
This people u mentioned we have proof they Exist! bro i know u don't think b4 u type!
Re: Why Doesn't God Audibly Tell People Not To Do Certain Things? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:18pm On Oct 02, 2016
Deicide:

This people u mentioned we have proof they Exist! bro i know u don't think b4 u type!

You always miss the idea

smh
Re: Why Doesn't God Audibly Tell People Not To Do Certain Things? by hahn(m): 6:24pm On Oct 02, 2016
johnydon22:

I only deem Aphrodite the only Deity (God/Goddess) worth my worship, Imagine what i can do kneeling under that long flawless naked body wink

Now, who has a dirty mind? cheesy
Re: Why Doesn't God Audibly Tell People Not To Do Certain Things? by DeSepiero(m): 6:26pm On Oct 02, 2016
y'all be avoiding a simple question by johnydon22
Is God male ? Yes or No !!!
smh
Re: Why Doesn't God Audibly Tell People Not To Do Certain Things? by johnydon22(m): 6:49pm On Oct 02, 2016
DeSepiero:
y'all be avoiding a simple question by johnydon22

Is God male ?
Yes or No !!!

smh

lol
Re: Why Doesn't God Audibly Tell People Not To Do Certain Things? by johnydon22(m): 6:50pm On Oct 02, 2016
hahn:

Now, who has a dirty mind? cheesy
Na you know wetin you deh think ... O.Y.O

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Doesn't God Audibly Tell People Not To Do Certain Things? by hahn(m): 7:09pm On Oct 02, 2016
johnydon22:

Na you know wetin you deh think ... O.Y.O

tongue
Re: Why Doesn't God Audibly Tell People Not To Do Certain Things? by analice107: 7:43pm On Oct 02, 2016
johnydon22:

I believe his answer should be neither
He is definitely one.
Re: Why Doesn't God Audibly Tell People Not To Do Certain Things? by analice107: 7:56pm On Oct 02, 2016
johnydon22:

Ok which means God can also have a feminine voice when talking to humans - this literally means the voice you heard is just 'A comouflage' of God's voice, wasn't it's actual voice - Yes?
Whatever you are driving at will get you no where. God talks to those who are willing to listen. It doesn't really matter whether he speaks in any voice, what matters is that, we hear him.
Re: Why Doesn't God Audibly Tell People Not To Do Certain Things? by analice107: 7:58pm On Oct 02, 2016
[quote author=Deicide post=49857270][/quote]
And your point?
Re: Why Doesn't God Audibly Tell People Not To Do Certain Things? by analice107: 7:59pm On Oct 02, 2016
DeSepiero:

Yes! That's true, according to the Bible.

I am human though ! Not sheep or goat.

Now, I'm asking without religious sentiments.
Would it not be nice if the Almighty God who created us all 'in his image' talked to us all (his creations) audibly for us all to hear and understand him better?

What is this image of God we are created in?
Re: Why Doesn't God Audibly Tell People Not To Do Certain Things? by DeSepiero(m): 8:11pm On Oct 02, 2016
analice107:

What is this image of God we are created in?
please don't digress. Thank you smiley
Re: Why Doesn't God Audibly Tell People Not To Do Certain Things? by analice107: 8:19pm On Oct 02, 2016
DeSepiero:

please don't digress. Thank you smiley
Did you even read the passages i posted to you? pls be mature ok?
Re: Why Doesn't God Audibly Tell People Not To Do Certain Things? by DeSepiero(m): 8:34pm On Oct 02, 2016
analice107:

Did you even read the passages i posted to you? pls be mature ok?

I read the passages you posted; they were correct, thank you.

But I needed your personal opinion on my previous post and not biblical ones.

Like I asked "without religious sentiments" kindly answer "without religious sentiments".
Re: Why Doesn't God Audibly Tell People Not To Do Certain Things? by Deicide: 9:01pm On Oct 02, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

You always miss the idea

smh
Yes the idea that someone come to tell me that Superman sent him to collect money from me #makesperfectsense
Re: Why Doesn't God Audibly Tell People Not To Do Certain Things? by analice107: 9:03pm On Oct 02, 2016
DeSepiero:

I read the passages you posted; they were correct, thank you.

But I needed your personal opinion on my previous post and not biblical ones.

Like I asked "without religious sentiments" kindly answer "without religious sentiments".
Hahahahahahaha. You want me to talk about God leaving out God of it? Are you serious?
Re: Why Doesn't God Audibly Tell People Not To Do Certain Things? by Deicide: 9:08pm On Oct 02, 2016
analice107:

Whatever you are driving at will get you no where. God talks to those who are willing to listen. It doesn't really matter whether he speaks in any voice, what matters is that, we hear him.
You people are the reason stuff like this happen They all heard voice

Re: Why Doesn't God Audibly Tell People Not To Do Certain Things? by DeSepiero(m): 9:12pm On Oct 02, 2016
analice107:

Hahahahahahaha. You want me to talk about God leaving out God of it? Are you serious?

You could have responded "yes I do" or "No I don't" to the kind of question I asked you. You don't need to bring in the long epistles about God.

That's my point!
You could go back to check what I asked earlier.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is The Rapture/end Times Real? / Which Secret Cult Can Make Yourich? / How U Can Pray & Have Your Desired Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.