Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,581 members, 7,820,092 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:34 AM

Do All Churches Worship One God? My Opinion(no) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do All Churches Worship One God? My Opinion(no) (487 Views)

Why Did Jesus Say This : My God, My God, Why Hast Thou Forsaken Me? Mark 15:34 / I Vowed To Give God My First Salary, Now I'm Broke And Need The Money. / All Churches Should Buy Private Jet For Their Pastors, Says Pastor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Do All Churches Worship One God? My Opinion(no) by introvertme: 6:03pm On Oct 02, 2016
Except the way to God is as divided and diverse as church denominations are in the world today, all the churches cannot be worshipping the one true God. This is a matter about which personal opinion and unwillingness to listen to reason in the light of the Scriptures may lead not only to self-deceit but also to fatal consequences. The only authority universally acceptable upon which all Christians are bound to depend for a sure and unmistakable answer to this question, is the Holy Bible.
The idea of some people that all church organizations belong to Jesus Christ and are worshipping the Almighty God is very wrong and misleading. It is not based on knowledge of the Holy Scriptures. It is possible for a person to claim to be a worshipper of God while in actual fact he, knowingly or unknowingly, is engrossed in the service of the devil. For the reason that Jesus Christ was fully aware of this fact he said: "Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven." - Matthew 7 vs 21.

Natural Jews
Concerning the natural Jews who believed to be God's worshippers in ancient times but were not doing His will, St. Paul stated: "Brethren, my heart's desire and prayer to God for Israel is, that they might be saved. For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge. For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God." Romans 10 vs 1-3
Jesus Christ made it abundantly clear that the claims of those natural Jews that they were of God was false. John 8 vs 40-44.
St. Paul later added: "It is impossible that the word of God should have proved false. For not all descendants of Israel are truly Israel, nor, because they are Abraham's offspring, are they all his true children; but, in the words of Scripture, "Through the line of Isaac your descendants shall be traced." That is to say, it is not those born in the course of nature who are children of God; it is the children born through God's promise who are reckoned as Abraham's descendants." - Romans. 9 vs 6-8. New English Bible.

Doctrines
Doctrines are the basis of the Christian faith; where the doctrines are untrue the faith is built not on Christ, the Rock, but on sinking and, and any claim (by the believers in such false doctrines) that they are worshipping God is bogus. God Himself has said, "But in vain they do worship Me teaching for doctrines the commandments of men." Whoever does not want to worship in vain must give serious thought to this quoted statement of God and ensure that the doctrines he accepts and believes are not the commandments or traditions of men, or that they are in harmony with the Scriptures.

The truth must be broadcast without fear so that the scales of ignorance may fall off the eyes of the people.
Anyone who does not want to remain in the darkness of ignorance must be broad minded; be prepared to listen to reason and accept facts. It was Disraeli who said, "To be conscious that you are ignorant is a great step to knowledge."
There are also people who stay loyal because they were either brought up within or been too long in a certain church organization, they could not be bothered to leave. The question is; suppose that church is not preaching the truth, what would they gain in the end if they suffer the loss of their souls? "There is a way that seemeth right unto a man but the end thereof are the ways of death." said King Solomon in - Proverbs 16 vs 25
When St. Paul was in the Jewish religion he thought he was right as he savagely persecuted the Christians. But when the light of the glorious gospel of Jesus Christ dawned upon him and he was converted, he confessed his ignorance. Said he: "For ye have heard of my conversation in time past in the Jews' religion, how that beyond measure I persecuted the church of God, and wasted it: and profited in the Jews' religion above many my equals in mine own nation, being more exceedingly zealous of the traditions of my fathers. But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by His grace, to reveal His Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood (human beings): neither went I up to Jerusalem to them which were apostles before me; but I went into Arabia and returned again unto Damascus."-Galatians. 1 vs 13-17.
And in his epistle to Timothy, he said he was "before a blasphemer, and a persecutor and injurious". He added, "But I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief." - 1st Timothy 1 vs 13.

True Worshippers
It is not safe, therefore, to take things for granted and remain in any church without ascertaining the truth of her doctrines and beliefs. When Jesus Christ engaged a Samaritan woman in a conversation, he told her, "Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews. But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship Him." - John 4 vs 22, 23.

Those who worship ignorantly or those who are not true worshippers cannot be said to be serving the same God with the true worshippers. While the false ones serve the devil, the true ones worship the Almighty God. "By their fruits ye shall know them."
Concerning religious fakes who masquerade as the apostles of Christ, St. Paul wrote: "For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works." And their works being evil, they will be damned. - 2nd Corinthians 11 vs 13-15; Galatians 1 vs 8.

In certain groups both men and women claim to have been equally ordained by God to prophesy. Some preaching from house to house and others going along the streets with bells in the early hours of the day. There are those who profess to be "divine Healers" and claim to have the power to repel Satan in the name of Jesus Christ. By such bogus claims they, at the instance of the devil, deceive simple folks. Some preach against medical treatment when ill; for believing and obeying the "apostles" or "prophets" who teach these "doctrines" many have died untimely!

The mere fact that someone propheses to "do wonders" in the name of Christ does not qualify one to be a true worshipper of God or follower of Jesus Christ who said: "Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? And in thy name have cast out devils? And in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity." - Matthew 7 vs 22, 23.
In the face of the scriptural facts brought to light in this sermon, it will be very wrong to think or assume that all churches, which are divided on doctrines and method of worship, were worshipping the one true God.

Source-

http://www.mountaingks.org/advocate%20vol%201/Do%20All%20Churches%20Worship%20One%20God.php
Re: Do All Churches Worship One God? My Opinion(no) by introvertme: 7:25pm On Oct 02, 2016
KingEbukasBlog. winner01
Re: Do All Churches Worship One God? My Opinion(no) by Nobody: 8:32pm On Oct 02, 2016
Of course all churches do not worship one God

(1) (Reply)

The Real meaning of jihad. / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional For Today / These Prophesies Where Given In 1933 About America

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.