Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,207 members, 7,815,205 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:00 AM

Help Me Understand This Subject - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Help Me Understand This Subject (1858 Views)

Help Me Understand And Explain This Dream Please / Predestination: Christians Kindly Contribute On This Subject 4 My Understanding. / Help Me Understand The Bible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Me Understand This Subject by missjo(f): 6:39pm On Oct 02, 2016
Please permit me to post this here, I'm not a regular visitor to this section. However, Nairaland is a great forum for picking the brains of people and learning tremendously about things you wouldn't normally figure out on your own.
I believe there are religious scholars on this section, and my aim is to learn. I am not going to argue, debunk, or cause anyone to feel attacked for their beliefs.
Please feel free and share your opinions clearly with points to back it and summarily make this topic fun for us to learn, and in learning, understand.

This is my thought:
The recorded story of creation is not very conclusive, in that it leaves too many unanswered questions in the minds of people who are curiously inclined to know WHY or HOW. For the purpose of this thread, I seek to understand a WHY.

The question is this:
WHY did God not create Adam & Eve in the form of a child?
I don't mean as a baby, I mean as a child probably between the ages of 10 — 16.

This is the reason for the question:
Adults are fully grown and completely subject to their own choices and desires, this means Adam and Eve as fully grown adults probably were going to do something on their own freewill somewhere down the line.
If they were children, they certainly would be obedient and reverence God as a true father on the assumption that God is an adult.

I understand how conflicted this discussion can get, so please try to keep it civil.
The question again is:

1 Like

Re: Help Me Understand This Subject by missjo(f): 12:52pm On Oct 03, 2016
Oh wow, so no one is willing to talk about this? sad sad
Re: Help Me Understand This Subject by Nobody: 1:05pm On Oct 03, 2016
missjo:
Oh wow, so no one is willing to talk about this? sad sad

I would if I believed that the creation story was true. wink
Re: Help Me Understand This Subject by DoctorAlien(m): 1:25pm On Oct 03, 2016
"And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth." Gen. 1:26.

One of the prime reasons why GOD created Adam and Eve adults was that the whole of creation would be under their care. They were to look after creation. Surely babies cannot be put in charge of a house, not to talk of the whole of creation.

2 Likes

Re: Help Me Understand This Subject by promise101: 1:29pm On Oct 03, 2016
DoctorAlien:
"And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth." Gen. 1:26.

One of the prime reasons why GOD created Adam and Eve adults was that the whole of creation would be under their care. They were to look after creation. Surely babies cannot be put in charge of a house, not to talk of the whole of creation.
Good one dear.

You never disappoint!

1 Like

Re: Help Me Understand This Subject by oneolajire(m): 2:19pm On Oct 03, 2016
OP. Funny you.
Where did you get your creation story?

I don't think bible guys can help you cos you quoted neither the bible nor any link.

Stop the illusion.

EDITED
Am editing my comment cos the OP has edited his original post as well.
Now the thread is more meaningful than the initial thread created.

My point. The "foolishness" of God is far greater then the wisdom of men.

He never forces his creation to do his will, he always give freedom to choose. Lucifer made his choice, he is being sentenced to everlasting fire Matt 25:21. We all have our choices as well to make cos our questions about creation has no effect on the past.
Re: Help Me Understand This Subject by twosquare(m): 2:48pm On Oct 03, 2016
missjo:
Please permit me to post this here, I'm not a regular visitor to this section. However, Nairaland is a great forum for picking the brains of people and learning tremendously about things you wouldn't normally figure out on your own.
I believe there are religious scholars on this section, and my aim is to learn. I am not going to argue, debunk, or cause anyone to feel attacked for their beliefs.
Please feel free and share your opinions clearly with points to back it and summarily make this topic fun for us to learn, and in learning, understand.

This is my thought:
The recorded story of creation is not very conclusive, in that it leaves too many unanswered questions in the minds of people who are curiously inclined to know WHY or HOW. For the purpose of this thread, I seek to understand a WHY.

The question is this:

Adults are fully grown and completely subject to their own choices and desires, this means Adam and Eve as fully grown adults probably were going to do something on their own freewill somewhere down the line.
If they were children, they certainly would be obedient and reverence God as a true father on the assumption that God is an adult.

I understand how conflicted this discussion can get, so please try to keep it civil.
The question again is:
It is funny though, I meant your question, but I will try and answer your questions only. First, God didn't create ADAM and EVE in the form of a child. If we are to determine the age of Adam according to earthly measurements, He is between the age of 26-30 when he was made. Angels too were made not born like us, same with Adam, so that should tell you He was very close to being an angel, almost an angel. The lowest of God's creation that stood in Eden was a grown man who is meant to learn full obedience. Having the nature of a child is another thing. Remember Jesus said if you're not like that, you can't enter the kingdom of God--it talks of humility and meekness (Matthew 18:3). Now, how can I guess the age of Adam while he was made? Check the life of the last Adam-(Jesus). He attained the state (full stature) of Adamhood at age 30, that was when He began full ministry and was tempted by the devil. If He hasn't become Adam, satan won't even come. So, satan came to Him like he did the first Adam.

And in my spiritual experience, those who have encountered cherubs like the archangel Michael said his look, and that of Gabriel was like age 25 and 26, and it is most likely Adam was of that age when he was made too. They are young guys who excel in strength. It is the operation of death that makes us wax old. And who told you children are obedient to their parents...we all know the stubborn stunts we pull when dad and mum aren't looking. You should know that a child can't handle the earth, it will take a man to govern it. Reason Adam isn't a teenager per say. What transpired in Eden wasn't the battle of children but a type of man versus another type of man (the deceiver). God at the end of days had to reproduce another Man to defeat that 'old' man who fell the first man in Eden. But I'm a bit inclined to age 30. Thanks.
Re: Help Me Understand This Subject by MrPresident1: 2:55pm On Oct 03, 2016
i dey kwum wiz ma own xflanation
Re: Help Me Understand This Subject by missjo(f): 11:33am On Oct 04, 2016
twosquare:
It is funny though, I meant your question, but I will try and answer your questions only. First, God didn't create ADAM and EVE in the form of a child. If we are to determine the age of Adam according to earthly measurements, He is between the age of 26-30 when he was made. Angels too were made not born like us, same with Adam, so that should tell you He was very close to being an angel, almost an angel. The lowest of God's creation that stood in Eden was a grown man who is meant to learn full obedience. Having the nature of a child is another thing. Remember Jesus said if you're not like that, you can't enter the kingdom of God--it talks of humility and meekness (Matthew 18:3). Now, how can I guess the age of Adam while he was made? Check the life of the last Adam-(Jesus). He attained the state (full stature) of Adamhood at age 30, that was when He began full ministry and was tempted by the devil. If He hasn't become Adam, satan won't even come. So, satan came to Him like he did the first Adam.

And in my spiritual experience, those who have encountered cherubs like the archangel Michael said his look, and that of Gabriel was like age 25 and 26, and it is most likely Adam was of that age when he was made too. They are young guys who excel in strength. It is the operation of death that makes us wax old. And who told you children are obedient to their parents...we all know the stubborn stunts we pull when dad and mum aren't looking. You should know that a child can't handle the earth, it will take a man to govern it. Reason Adam isn't a teenager per say. What transpired in Eden wasn't the battle of children but a type of man versus another type of man (the deceiver). God at the end of days had to reproduce another Man to defeat that 'old' man who fell the first man in Eden. But I'm a bit inclined to age 30. Thanks.
Wow,this was interesting.

I particularly like how you came about the age Adam may have been when he was created,and yea I understand how man had to govern and rule of the garden.
But this is also something I thought about,what exactly was in the garden to be governed? Even a human child of between 10 — 16 is a higher animal than other animals, don't you think so? I disagree with you on the issue of children pulling stunts mostly because you're using children of the present day to reach that conclusion.
A 10—16yr old child in the garden of Eden has no negative influence to draw on and as such will be completely obedient and subject to whatever he os told to do, this is my understanding though.

You mentioned something about what transpired in the garden and how it was battle of man versus man. In simpler terms, I put to you that God may have created man as an adult because he already knew Adam was going to disobey him. He is all-knowing right?

So why go through all that trouble of creating an adult man whom he knows will disobey?
Why go into all that trouble of creating a tree whose fruit should not be eaten when he could easily have not put the tree there in the first place?
Re: Help Me Understand This Subject by missjo(f): 11:34am On Oct 04, 2016
MrPresident1:
i dey kwum wiz ma own xflanation
Lol,anytime you're ready.
Re: Help Me Understand This Subject by missjo(f): 11:36am On Oct 04, 2016
oneolajire:
OP. Funny you.
Where did you get your creation story?

I don't think bible guys can help you cos you quoted neither the bible nor any link.

Stop the illusion.
What illusion? I'm just trying to understand something from a Christian scholar's perspective. undecided

Maybe I should send a mail to loveworld,and see if pastor Chris Oyakhilome can tackle this. What do you think?
Re: Help Me Understand This Subject by missjo(f): 11:51am On Oct 04, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Also saw this one coming, I mean the verse about creating man in his own image and likeness.

What you fail to understand is that creating someone in your own image and likeness actually leaves a lot to the imagination. First, if we are to see it as total and complete image and likeness,then Adam would be elderly right? Assuming God is elderly of course.
And like twosquare said, angels are usually depicted as young men in early adulthood,so this should mean that God is also in his early adulthood since the scripture says "in OUR own image and likeness, not in MY own image and likeness".

The problem with this line of thought then is that God cannot be of the same physical interpretation of age same as the angels and still be referred to as the FATHER, he definitely is older.
Besides, most angels have wings.case in point the archangels as well as the cherubims and seraphims. To make man in a total and complete image of them would require wings on Adam too.

My conclusion then is that the Bible scripture about creating man in our own image and likeness should not be taken too literally.

Adam was created in the image and likeness of a HOMO ERECTUS (a being that will stand upright on two legs like God and the Angels, to differentiate him from animals who walk on fours).
It really has nothing to do with an exact image, thus creating a HOMO ERECTUS being who is a child between the ages of 10 — 16 also fulfills that scripture.
Re: Help Me Understand This Subject by missjo(f): 12:01pm On Oct 04, 2016
Mindfulness:

I would if I believed that the creation story was true. wink
Well,you're not alone on this thought. A lot of peeps don't believe it.

Does this mean you prefer the theory of evolution and the big bang?
Re: Help Me Understand This Subject by twosquare(m): 1:22pm On Oct 04, 2016
missjo:

Wow,this was interesting.

I particularly like how you came about the age Adam may have been when he was created,and yea I understand how man had to govern and rule of the garden.
But this is also something I thought about,what exactly was in the garden to be governed? Even a human child of between 10 — 16 is a higher animal than other animals, don't you think so? I disagree with you on the issue of children pulling stunts mostly because you're using children of the present day to reach that conclusion.
A 10—16yr old child in the garden of Eden has no negative influence to draw on and as such will be completely obedient and subject to whatever he os told to do, this is my understanding though.

You mentioned something about what transpired in the garden and how it was battle of man versus man. In simpler terms, I put to you that God may have created man as an adult because he already knew Adam was going to disobey him. He is all-knowing right?

So why go through all that trouble of creating an adult man whom he knows will disobey?
Why go into all that trouble of creating a tree whose fruit should not be eaten when he could easily have not put the tree there in the first place?
Well, let's leave the issue of children pulling stunts aside. I still sense you're viewing it from post-Adamic fall now. I once wrote on my blog that the best way to get these things is to unlearn what you have learnt (that is, stop viewing it with the present). If you want to understand better, you've to journey back to the beginning and try and not use our present fallen state to judge.

Now, let me explain from your last statement that "Why go into all that trouble of creating a tree whose fruit should not be eaten when he could easily have not put the tree there in the first place."
Okay, this is where unlearning comes in. That's what we've been told over and over again. Even pastors do teach it and people believed it until revelation came to me. I went back to check and check, and I searched (I stand to be corrected), I can't find where it was written that God planted that second tree (TKGE). Yea, "out of the ground made the Lord God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight and good for food; the tree of life also in the the midst of the garden and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil." (Gen 2:9). We have to be very spiritually sensitive to biblical language. Also, the answer may not be in that book but find it at the end of the scripture (comparing spiritual things with the spiritual). So, the Lord God allowed these to grow. In other words, He allowed them to find expression without suppressing anything.

First thing you know concerning edenic knowledge is that Eden can grow anything. Now, know that God is a planter. He planted that garden, right? Remember I told you that if you want to know more about the first Adam, check the life of the last Adam (Jesus). He knew what Adam can only know. The Last Adam answered your question in a coded way when he was giving a parable that God planted wheat, and the enemy came to sow tares among the wheats. Apart from the end of days, Jesus was also showing us the operation of the Wicked One from the beginning of days. He hasn't changed from his ways. The Lord God planted the TOL, while Satan planted TKGE just beside that of God's own. Why did God allowed it then? I perceived Satan must have pressed God to allow Adam to choose just like the angels chose. By legal right, heaven had to allow him plant his own too. This is where the battle of man versus man comes in. Adam is a type of man, Satan too is a type of man. When we mention men in the Bible, often times, think of stature (spiritual). A child cannot fight a man, it will take a prince to fight another prince in the spirit. So, what transpired in Eden was a spiritual warfare. A lot of spiritual transactions, voices and thoughts were fighting each other. Adam wasn't ignorant. Believe me, Eve might be to an extent but Adam wasn't. He knew what he was doing. In other for Adam not to fail the test, God even gave him an expo, advanced amebo for him. It was like "hey, missjo, there's a tree in the middle of the garden beside TOL, the day you chop am, you go die o." God told the first Adam beforehand what the intention of who planted the tree wanna do to him. But remember the serpent said he won't die, you will be like God. You can see someone else was trying to defend his own stake and scamming scheme. Of course, I will defend my own proposal if I want to scam you, not another's proposal. I tell you, if Satan was the one that planted TOL, he would still defend it against TKGE.

So, you see, Adam wasn't stupid, he came to a time to choose between those two trees. He shied away from TOL for a reason - he could not endure the discipline the TOL offers to attain the image and likeness of God (to become the express image). Like you told that other guy, Adam wasn't yet that image. Your were right. He was meant to come into "Christhood". But TOL will take a longer time to achieve that. Adam was looking for a shortcut to become like God. Both tree was promising things but that of TKGE was extremely colorful, promising great things. You will be like God, but one of the trees was actually lying. You know which already. Same offer was given to the last Adam on the mountain- only worship me says the devil. Submit your authority.

Like I said, the promises of TKGE and pull from that tree, its fruit was too irresistible for Adam, it's like going to buy IPhone 7 for computer village and finding fufu inside. When Adam chose that tree, he submitted his authority to govern the earth. You can asked me what is it in the garden to govern? Adam was meant not just to spread Eden across our earthly realm, he was also meant to spread the knowledge of TOL to his offsprings who are living souls from generation to generation. Only Adams can rule the earth successfully. You now see why the world is in disarray. The person ruling the earth now is an illegal occupant. What is running this earth is his knowledge and colonization. Adam was meant to colonize the earth with his knowledge which he will get from TOL.

To the other question, did God knew Adam would fail after Satan pressed God to allow Adam to be tested? Using his omniscient power, of course He knew. Angels don't know what Adam's choice would be. At least, not all knew. They were only anticipating. God too had a plan for the onset. I perceived Adam was actually a trap meant for Satan. It's like putting a cheese on a trap for a mouse. Heaven has been looking for the rightful way to destroy Satan and finish him totally. Adam was a good platform. They would use Adam to put Satan in the lake of fire (the defeat came at the cross by the hand of the last Adam). When Satan fell for it, of course, he thought he has won, God was looking for a way to come to the earth. Jesus was crucified, they thought they've won. Immediately He was nailed to the cross, Satan shed tears, he dawned on him what actually happened. Now, they are fighting for their lives. So, that's it. I hope I have done justice to a level.
Re: Help Me Understand This Subject by Nobody: 6:44pm On Oct 04, 2016
missjo:

Well,you're not alone on this thought. A lot of peeps don't believe it.

Does this mean you prefer the theory of evolution and the big bang?

I prefer a combination of all. I believe that there is a creative source and that it all started with a thought process and it's obvious that we are constantly evolving.
Re: Help Me Understand This Subject by missjo(f): 8:06pm On Oct 04, 2016
Mindfulness:

I prefer a combination of all. I believe that there is a creative source and that it all started with a thought process and it's obvious that we are constantly evolving.
Hmmmmmmmm,you're like Buhari who belongs to everyone and still belongs to no one cheesy

Pick a side,biblical account of creation or scientific account of evolution?

1 Like

Re: Help Me Understand This Subject by missjo(f): 8:16pm On Oct 04, 2016
twosquare:
Well, let's leave the issue of children pulling stunts aside. I still sense you're viewing it from post-Adamic fall now. I once wrote on my blog that the best way to get these things is to unlearn what you have learnt (that is, stop viewing it with the present). If you want to understand better, you've to journey back to the beginning and try and not use our present fallen state to judge.

Now, let me explain from your last statement that "Why go into all that trouble of creating a tree whose fruit should not be eaten when he could easily have not put the tree there in the first place."
Okay, this is where unlearning comes in. That's what we've been told over and over again. Even pastors do teach it and people believed it until revelation came to me. I went back to check and check, and I searched (I stand to be corrected), I can't find where it was written that God planted that second tree (TKGE). Yea, "out of the ground made the Lord God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight and good for food; the tree of life also in the the midst of the garden and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil." (Gen 2:9). We have to be very spiritually sensitive to biblical language. Also, the answer may not be in that book but find it at the end of the scripture (comparing spiritual things with the spiritual). So, the Lord God allowed these to grow. In other words, He allowed them to find expression without suppressing anything.

First thing you know concerning edenic knowledge is that Eden can grow anything. Now, know that God is a planter. He planted that garden, right? Remember I told you that if you want to know more about the first Adam, check the life of the last Adam (Jesus). He knew what Adam can only know. The Last Adam answered your question in a coded way when he was giving a parable that God planted wheat, and the enemy came to sow tares among the wheats. Apart from the end of days, Jesus was also showing us the operation of the Wicked One from the beginning of days. He hasn't changed from his ways. The Lord God planted the TOL, while Satan planted TKGE just beside that of God's own. Why did God allowed it then? I perceived Satan must have pressed God to allow Adam to choose just like the angels chose. By legal right, heaven had to allow him plant his own too. This is where the battle of man versus man comes in. Adam is a type of man, Satan too is a type of man. When we mention men in the Bible, often times, think of stature (spiritual). A child cannot fight a man, it will take a prince to fight another prince in the spirit. So, what transpired in Eden was a spiritual warfare. A lot of spiritual transactions, voices and thoughts were fighting each other. Adam wasn't ignorant. Believe me, Eve might be to an extent but Adam wasn't. He knew what he was doing. In other for Adam not to fail the test, God even gave him an expo, advanced amebo for him. It was like "hey, missjo, there's a tree in the middle of the garden beside TOL, the day you chop am, you go die o." God told the first Adam beforehand what the intention of who planted the tree wanna do to him. But remember the serpent said he won't die, you will be like God. You can see someone else was trying to defend his own stake and scamming scheme. Of course, I will defend my own proposal if I want to scam you, not another's proposal. I tell you, if Satan was the one that planted TOL, he would still defend it against TKGE.

So, you see, Adam wasn't stupid, he came to a time to choose between those two trees. He shied away from TOL for a reason - he could not endure the discipline the TOL offers to attain the image and likeness of God (to become the express image). Like you told that other guy, Adam wasn't yet that image. Your were right. He was meant to come into "Christhood". But TOL will take a longer time to achieve that. Adam was looking for a shortcut to become like God. Both tree was promising things but that of TKGE was extremely colorful, promising great things. You will be like God, but one of the trees was actually lying. You know which already. Same offer was given to the last Adam on the mountain- only worship me says the devil. Submit your authority.

Like I said, the promises of TKGE and pull from that tree, its fruit was too irresistible for Adam, it's like going to buy IPhone 7 for computer village and finding fufu inside. When Adam chose that tree, he submitted his authority to govern the earth. You can asked me what is it in the garden to govern? Adam was meant not just to spread Eden across our earthly realm, he was also meant to spread the knowledge of TOL to his offsprings who are living souls from generation to generation. Only Adams can rule the earth successfully. You now see why the world is in disarray. The person ruling the earth now is an illegal occupant. What is running this earth is his knowledge and colonization. Adam was meant to colonize the earth with his knowledge which he will get from TOL.

To the other question, did God knew Adam would fail after Satan pressed God to allow Adam to be tested? Using his omniscient power, of course He knew. Angels don't know what Adam's choice would be. At least, not all knew. They were only anticipating. God too had a plan for the onset. I perceived Adam was actually a trap meant for Satan. It's like putting a cheese on a trap for a mouse. Heaven has been looking for the rightful way to destroy Satan and finish him totally. Adam was a good platform. They would use Adam to put Satan in the lake of fire (the defeat came at the cross by the hand of the last Adam). When Satan fell for it, of course, he thought he has won, God was looking for a way to come to the earth. Jesus was crucified, they thought they've won. Immediately He was nailed to the cross, Satan shed tears, he dawned on him what actually happened. Now, they are fighting for their lives. So, that's it. I hope I have done justice to a level.
The summary of your post is that Adam was destined to disobey,well well..

What is TOL and TKGE?
Re: Help Me Understand This Subject by Nobody: 8:34pm On Oct 04, 2016
missjo:

Hmmmmmmmm,you're like Buhari who belongs to everyone and still belongs to no one cheesy

grin grin grin

Pick a side,biblical account of creation or scientific account of evolution?

I would much rather go with science if I had to make a choice but not 100% because science doesn't answer it all for me.
Re: Help Me Understand This Subject by benjibabs(m): 10:03pm On Oct 04, 2016
twosquare:

Hhmhmmm, interesting explanation!
As per the bold portion, where did Satan get the tree of knowledge of good and evil (TKGE) he planted?
Re: Help Me Understand This Subject by twosquare(m): 10:16pm On Oct 04, 2016
missjo:

The summary of your post is that Adam was destined to disobey,well well..

What is TOL and TKGE?
Sorry, an abbreviation for Tree of Life and Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil....I was typing with a phone. Had to employ shorthand. It's a complicated matter actually. He chose to fall. They would have looked for other means actually, as things happened, wisdom presented ways out.
Re: Help Me Understand This Subject by twosquare(m): 10:29pm On Oct 04, 2016
benjibabs:

Hhmhmmm, interesting explanation!
As per the bold portion, where did Satan get the tree of knowledge of good and evil (TKGE) he planted?
He planted his own knowledge, wisdom, and inheritance which is actually DEATH in the form of a seed (tree). So, as you are partaking of the fruits of either of these trees, you will inherit something....just like eating pawpaw, apple and those things do some things and form some stuff in your body, and that is physical, how much more the spiritual one. Spirits can create things, those are realms of possibilities, and remember he was higher than Adam, an angel of the first world, so he knew secrets, he was once with God. So, creating an opposite version wasn't hard.
Re: Help Me Understand This Subject by benjibabs(m): 2:08pm On Oct 05, 2016
twosquare:
He planted his own knowledge, wisdom, and inheritance which is actually DEATH in the form of a seed (tree). So, as you are partaking of the fruits of either of these trees, you will inherit something....just like eating pawpaw, apple and those things do some things and form some stuff in your body, and that is physical, how much more the spiritual one. Spirits can create things, those are realms of possibilities, and remember he was higher than Adam, an angel of the first world, so he knew secrets, he was once with God. So, creating an opposite version wasn't hard.

@ the bold portion again, Satan has no power to create anything. Don't forget that Satan is a fallen angel, and angels do not have power to create.

Now, lets revisit the story of the creation of the garden of Eden again in Gen 2:8-9:

(NIV)
8 Now the Lord God had planted a garden in the east, in Eden; and there he put the man he had formed. 9 The Lord God made all kinds of trees grow out of the ground—trees that were pleasing to the eye and good for food. In the middle of the garden were the tree of life and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

(NLT)
8 Then the Lord God planted a garden in Eden in the east, and there he placed the man he had made. 9 The Lord God made all sorts of trees grow up from the ground—trees that were beautiful and that produced delicious fruit. In the middle of the garden he placed the tree of life and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

(NKJV)
8 The Lord God planted a garden eastward in Eden, and there He put the man whom He had formed. 9 And out of the ground the Lord God made every tree grow that is pleasant to the sight and good for food. The tree of life was also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

(KJV)
And the Lord God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed.

9 And out of the ground made the Lord God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

From those verses (@ the bold portions), there are two points to take away:
- God made ALL the trees in the garden to grow from the ground
- Among those trees were the TOL and TKGE

Some translations say - He (God) placed TOL and TKGE in the midst of the garden, while others simply mention the trees are in the midst of the garden.

So, Satan had absolutely nothing to do with the creation of the trees. lipsrsealed
modified
Re: Help Me Understand This Subject by twosquare(m): 4:09pm On Oct 05, 2016
benjibabs:

@ the bold portion again, Satan has no power to create anything. Don't forget that Satan is a fallen angel, and angels do not have power to create.

Now, lets revisit the story of the creation of the garden of Eden again in Gen 2:8-9:

(NIV)

(NLT)
8 Then the Lord God planted a garden in Eden in the east, and there he placed the man he had made. 9 The Lord God made all sorts of trees grow up from the ground—trees that were beautiful and that produced delicious fruit. In the middle of the garden he placed the tree of life and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

(NKJV)
8 The Lord God planted a garden eastward in Eden, and there He put the man whom He had formed. 9 And out of the ground the Lord God made every tree grow that is pleasant to the sight and good for food. The tree of life was also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

(KJV)
And the Lord God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed.

9 And out of the ground made the Lord God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

From those verses (@ the bold portions), there are two points to take away:
- God made ALL the trees in the garden to grow from the ground
- Among those trees were the TOL and TKGE

Some translations say - He (God) placed TOL and TKGE in the midst of the garden, while others simply mention the trees are in the midst of the garden.

So, Satan had absolutely nothing to do with the creation of the trees. lipsrsealed Therefore, OP's question still stands - why did God create those trees knowing fully well that Adam will eat out of them?

Well, my last statement to you...satan have the power to create, even if men can create things, then know satan can do much more. Fallen, but the Bible still call him great. Don't be fooled by those religious constant fables concerning these fallen angels. If you know what these fallen beings can do, you will marvel. Only the grace of God is keeping us and can. Example was given in the book of Daniel. The fallen cherub of light now called darkness have things up his sleeves you don't know. Even angels are careful around him and don't underestimate him like we did. This has been the major setback for Christianity thinking he is stupid. And he also loves people to think like that. Men write codes, how much more angels that have fallen and are powerful than us; if not of Jesus. Please, think spiritually and don't be limited. Thanks. God did not plant TKGE, another did. I have set the answers before you, now left for you to meditate and allow the light to shine. I rest my case.

And funny you talk of translations, most that are translated according to religious mindsets and not revelations of the Spirit. KJV is still close, while many preachers still prefer it. Others, are tilting away from the actual meaning, like a misinterpretation in Revelation about the color of one of those horsemen. Reason Paul said the letters killeth...you're still looking at the letters, friend.
Re: Help Me Understand This Subject by ifenes(m): 5:17pm On Oct 05, 2016
missjo:

This is my thought:

The question is this:

The question again is:

The Genesis account will always be confusing because that is the aim of those who put it together. When you accept it,it ends up shaping your past and puts in a Timeline of a distorted past. A degrading past where humans were slaves to the gods. The Time line when the Adamus were created ignorant(not naked). You observed they had no freewill and were made to work the land(slaves). That is a clue there for you.

You said if they were created as kids they would be obedient to god(the gods)...well did the Bible say how long Adam was obedient for? Maybe thousands of years of doing the same routine until someone who watched from the sideline(The Serpent people/the people of knowledge)got bored of watching this tired beasts working the gold mines of the selfish gods....... Some have decided to call them Devils,Satan etc.

When a child has been abused for so long,it takes a responsible person to save him,which was exactly what the Serpent people did. You may think they were really Serpents. No they weren't. Serpent is an esoteric symbol of knowledge. Didn't the Bible itself say be as wise as a Serpent?

I am not telling you what to think,but maybe another path(s) of reasoning.
Re: Help Me Understand This Subject by benjibabs(m): 8:50pm On Oct 05, 2016
missjo:

This is my thought:

The question is this:

The question again is:

The short answer to your question is we don't know because God in His sovereignty has chosen not to tell us. As you rightly pointed out, there are lots of questions that beg answers in the creation story, but the necessary info required for our understanding were provided. He has provided us all the info we need to live the life He intended for us in His word and also given us Holy spirit to guide us. Remember, we only know in part here, but we'll understand better when we see Him. Speculations will only lead us down the wrong path.

Read Rom 9 to see how Paul answered similar "WHY" questions.
Re: Help Me Understand This Subject by EyeHateGod: 2:49am On Oct 06, 2016
Why do u choose a Jewish creationist myth over a Yoruba one? are u not Nigerian?
Re: Help Me Understand This Subject by missjo(f): 5:11pm On Oct 07, 2016
benjibabs:

The short answer to your question is we don't know because God in His sovereignty has chosen not to tell us. As you rightly pointed out, there are lots of questions that beg answers in the creation story, but the necessary info required for our understanding were provided. He has provided us all the info we need to live the life He intended for us in His word and also given us Holy spirit to guide us. Remember, we only know in part here, but we'll understand better when we see Him. Speculations will only lead us down the wrong path.

Read Rom 9 to see how Paul answered similar "WHY" questions.
Not speculations really,just a need to get a deeper understanding.

There are pastors and Christian scholars who focus on dissecting the scriptures beyond what was written,i hope you know this?
Re: Help Me Understand This Subject by missjo(f): 5:13pm On Oct 07, 2016
ifenes:

The Genesis account will always be confusing because that is the aim of those who put it together. When you accept it,it ends up shaping your past and puts in a Timeline of a distorted past. A degrading past where humans were slaves to the gods. The Time line when the Adamus were created ignorant(not naked). You observed they had no freewill and were made to work the land(slaves). That is a clue there for you.

You said if they were created as kids they would be obedient to god(the gods)...well did the Bible say how long Adam was obedient for? Maybe thousands of years of doing the same routine until someone who watched from the sideline(The Serpent people/the people of knowledge)got bored of watching this tired beasts working the gold mines of the selfish gods....... Some have decided to call them Devils,Satan etc.

When a child has been abused for so long,it takes a responsible person to save him,which was exactly what the Serpent people did. You may think they were really Serpents. No they weren't. Serpent is an esoteric symbol of knowledge. Didn't the Bible itself say be as wise as a Serpent?

I am not telling you what to think,but maybe another path(s) of reasoning.
Lol,thanks for this input. smiley
Re: Help Me Understand This Subject by missjo(f): 5:16pm On Oct 07, 2016
twosquare:
Sorry, an abbreviation for Tree of Life and Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil....I was typing with a phone. Had to employ shorthand. It's a complicated matter actually. He chose to fall. They would have looked for other means actually, as things happened, wisdom presented ways out.
Ok got it,will start using the abbreviation whenever I can.
Re: Help Me Understand This Subject by missjo(f): 5:17pm On Oct 07, 2016
Mindfulness:

grin grin grin

I would much rather go with science if I had to make a choice but not 100% because science doesn't answer it all for me.
You are conflicted tongue
Did you have a Christian upbringing?
Re: Help Me Understand This Subject by Nobody: 6:54pm On Oct 07, 2016
missjo:

You are conflicted tongue

I am at peace.

Did you have a Christian upbringing?

I did. Strictly catholic. I picked the cherries and left the rest behind. wink

1 Like

Re: Help Me Understand This Subject by missjo(f): 7:01pm On Oct 07, 2016
Mindfulness:

I am at peace.

I did. Strictly catholic. I picked the cherries and left the rest behind. wink
Lol,i didn't mean your life is conflicted, I meant you're conflicted about a choice. Where did your mind go?

And I asked about your upbringing to confirm a thought.Some people with Christian upbringing get to a point in life where they learn more and expand their minds past what they were thought to believe.

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Favorite Parts Of Za Bible / Rccg Sunday School July 30th, 2017 / Happy 55th Birthday To David Ibiyeomie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 159
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.