Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,844 members, 7,828,072 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:31 PM

This may be Kannywood's justification for expelling Rahama Sadau - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / This may be Kannywood's justification for expelling Rahama Sadau (40742 Views)

Rahama Sadau Reveals Her Virginity Status Online; Gets Criticized / Rahama Sadau Meets Akon In USA (Photos) / Photos Of Rahama Sadau, Expelled Kannywood Actress (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

This may be Kannywood's justification for expelling Rahama Sadau by ObiOmaMu: 12:21pm On Oct 03, 2016
By now it is no longer news that top Kannywood actress, Rahama Sadau, was expelled by The Motion Pictures Practitioners Association of Nigeria because she featured in a romantic musical video by singer, ClassiQ where she hugged and cuddled the music artist.

What many people don't know is the background story behind the actions of the leadership of the conservative Hausa movie industry, Kannywood.

Until 2007, Kano was the home of a thriving film industry in the Hausa language. Hausa language ‘video-films’ are similar to the larger ‘Nollywood’ Nigerian film industry, but are stylistically different, with most films including song and dance sequences influenced by Indian films and hip-hop music videos.

However, things took a turn when a sex scandal involving a leaked sex of a very popular Hausa film actress having sex with her boyfriend instigated a change in the leadership of the Kano State Censorship Board.
The actress was one of the most popular actresses back then in Kannywood, kind of like the Genevieve or Omotola of Kannywood.

She had sex with a bureau de change owner and the guy filmed the whole encounter. What we are not sure of is if she was aware he was filming it.

Like they say out there, the guy 'shagged and bragged' to his friends that he had slept with the great lady, but they didn't believe him. In a bid to convince them, he showed them the video. Unfortunately, when he left the phone unattended, one of the people he had shown the video to copied it and that is how it went viral.

The leaked sex tape caused a big scandal and it got so bad that the actress had to go into hiding for fear of her life. Some Islamists also allegedly threatened her life over the video. According to an article written at the time,
Residents of Kano State now live in fear, as Muslim groups are allegedly planning to attack the Hausa film actress over her x-rated video phone-clip circulating in the state, a move described by the Islamic group as immoral and abuse of Shariah law.

The clip caused public outcry in the state which resulted in her expulsion by the film makers association, along with 17 other members.

Executive Secretary of Kano Film Censorship Board, Alhaji Abdulkadir Kurawa, in a press release made available to THISDAY, said the banned actress’ participation in film will threaten peace enjoyed in the state.
Following the sex scandal which instigated a change in the Kano State Censorhip Board, a new director general of the Board, Abubakar Rabo Abdulkarim, formerly commandant of the hisbah (Sharia religious police), was appointed in August 2007. The board had been instituted in 2001 after the implementation of Islamic sharia law as a compromise measure between the filmmakers and the government. The censorship board enabled the films to continue being made but with some restrictions on dress and interaction between male and female actors.

Since that time till present, the board have been very strict on issues concerning male and female interaction which must follow the dictates of Sharia law.

This, I believe, is why the hammer has been very heavy on Rahama Sadau

http://www.lailasblog.com/2016/10/this-may-just-be-background-story.html

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: This may be Kannywood's justification for expelling Rahama Sadau by ChemicalReaction(f): 1:07pm On Oct 03, 2016
Mtcheeeww.. Still doesn't make sense to me. The likes of Ali Nuhu and Halima Abubakar??

73 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This may be Kannywood's justification for expelling Rahama Sadau by Remsilla(m): 1:38pm On Oct 03, 2016

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This may be Kannywood's justification for expelling Rahama Sadau by casttlebarbz(m): 1:38pm On Oct 03, 2016
Na dem sabi...hypocrisy of the highest order

64 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This may be Kannywood's justification for expelling Rahama Sadau by Nobody: 1:38pm On Oct 03, 2016
Great decision I repeat...

Paragraph 3 requires scholarly citation grin

3 Likes

Re: This may be Kannywood's justification for expelling Rahama Sadau by teekay213(m): 1:38pm On Oct 03, 2016
and so fvckin what?
Re: This may be Kannywood's justification for expelling Rahama Sadau by Mcowubaba: 1:39pm On Oct 03, 2016
If this Kannywood News hit front page again.. I will port to Linda ikeji blog, and I'm not coming back again angry angry angry

68 Likes 5 Shares

Re: This may be Kannywood's justification for expelling Rahama Sadau by lordtriplee(m): 1:39pm On Oct 03, 2016
Religion sef.

Who e epp?

3 Likes

Re: This may be Kannywood's justification for expelling Rahama Sadau by Alexonliner: 1:39pm On Oct 03, 2016
Hm
Re: This may be Kannywood's justification for expelling Rahama Sadau by Wolfbrother(m): 1:39pm On Oct 03, 2016
Where is the alleged video? ... Where is the evidence ... The way people eat up the drivel that bloggers put out shaaa

7 Likes

Re: This may be Kannywood's justification for expelling Rahama Sadau by ubaobi: 1:40pm On Oct 03, 2016
Are we still in the same country
Nollywood vs Kannywood
Sharia law vs 1999 constitution.
I'm confused.

71 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This may be Kannywood's justification for expelling Rahama Sadau by zarakay(f): 1:40pm On Oct 03, 2016
hmmm
religious people everywhere

3 Likes

Re: This may be Kannywood's justification for expelling Rahama Sadau by Nobody: 1:41pm On Oct 03, 2016
Great Arewa

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: This may be Kannywood's justification for expelling Rahama Sadau by Ooni: 1:41pm On Oct 03, 2016
Is kannywood also an industry?

One day i put African magic Hausa and lo it was an Ibo movie that they reworded into Hausa, just like they change philipino into English in movies. I felt betrayed.

My people here in west have embraced that trend by making wack subtitles. We yorubas and Hausas should try to be original. We should not be doing things because Ibos did. Ibos make 85% of all the profits through nollywood and their nollwood is known worldwide while our yoruwood and kannywood share 10%. This because we are not original. Its not good.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This may be Kannywood's justification for expelling Rahama Sadau by Jerryojozy(m): 1:42pm On Oct 03, 2016
Not convincing enough.. hypocrites forming moral and ethical...Nollywood await you..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: This may be Kannywood's justification for expelling Rahama Sadau by idris4r83(m): 1:42pm On Oct 03, 2016
Let me book space first
Re: This may be Kannywood's justification for expelling Rahama Sadau by Nobody: 1:42pm On Oct 03, 2016
Lol. . . they have no excuse. . . The woman should just leave their Kannywood and upgrade.
If the Ibo part of Nollywood a.k.a english movie producers/directors (with the exception of classy directors like Kunle Afonlayan, Biyi Bamidele) discriminate, I'm very sure the Yoruba arm of Nollywood will never discriminate. . . they are always willing to mix. . . FACT!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: This may be Kannywood's justification for expelling Rahama Sadau by HOLYDICK(m): 1:42pm On Oct 03, 2016
Next story jor............. angry

1 Like

Re: This may be Kannywood's justification for expelling Rahama Sadau by Nobody: 1:43pm On Oct 03, 2016
In summary, they're moronic hypocrites.
They went after the actress, threatened her life but didn't do anything about the BDC Alhaji, I thought it takes two to fvck?
These people always drag Nigeria back by 10yrs in all areas of life, soo slow and tardy to keep up with civilisation

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: This may be Kannywood's justification for expelling Rahama Sadau by Osyxcel(m): 1:43pm On Oct 03, 2016
ChemicalReaction:
Mtcheeeww.. Still doesn't make sense to me. The likes of Ali Nuhu and Halima Abubakar??

Exactly, no sense whatsoever...

7 Likes

Re: This may be Kannywood's justification for expelling Rahama Sadau by delikay4luv: 1:45pm On Oct 03, 2016
Which one is kannywood agaim
Re: This may be Kannywood's justification for expelling Rahama Sadau by khalidx: 1:45pm On Oct 03, 2016
ChemicalReaction:
for ur information halima abubakar is an ebira girl nt from kano

1 Like

Re: This may be Kannywood's justification for expelling Rahama Sadau by Talk2Bella(f): 1:45pm On Oct 03, 2016
Mtchewwwwwwwww
who KuKuLiWood epp undecided

5 Likes

Re: This may be Kannywood's justification for expelling Rahama Sadau by demolinka(m): 1:46pm On Oct 03, 2016
And na all these people dey watch Indian film, where woman go dey shake all the shakables, pass! Abeg!!

1 Like

Re: This may be Kannywood's justification for expelling Rahama Sadau by esohjayy(m): 1:46pm On Oct 03, 2016
seriously the way some people take some things needs to be investigated. For goodness sake what is bad in hugging someone from behind. Sick people everywhere

3 Likes

Re: This may be Kannywood's justification for expelling Rahama Sadau by fulaniHERDSman(m): 1:48pm On Oct 03, 2016
grin
Re: This may be Kannywood's justification for expelling Rahama Sadau by masseratti: 1:50pm On Oct 03, 2016
Crap, what about the male actor? he is free right?
abegi Rahima abi kini wan pe ooo, maa bo jare, we will over celebrate you here down south,don't worry, i will get you an apartment beside omo mi linda house in banana Island.

I hate extremists in anyform

6 Likes

Re: This may be Kannywood's justification for expelling Rahama Sadau by Nobody: 1:50pm On Oct 03, 2016
Malo babes fine die I don watch dah video

1 Like

Re: This may be Kannywood's justification for expelling Rahama Sadau by Peacetemi: 1:50pm On Oct 03, 2016
Mcowubaba:
If this Kannywood News hit front page again.. I will port to Linda ikeji blog, and it not coming back again angry angry angry

Brother Brother grin
It has happened,
Now I'm waiting for you to deactivate cheesy

Be a man of your words Bro grin
Say hi to Linda for me cheesy

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This may be Kannywood's justification for expelling Rahama Sadau by Bashirjaja01(m): 1:50pm On Oct 03, 2016
ObiOmaMu:
By now it is no longer news that top Kannywood actress, Rahama Sadau, was expelled by The Motion Pictures Practitioners Association of Nigeria because she featured in a romantic musical video by singer, ClassiQ where she hugged and cuddled the music artist.

What many people don't know is the background story behind the actions of the leadership of the conservative Hausa movie industry, Kannywood.

Until 2007, Kano was the home of a thriving film industry in the Hausa language. Hausa language ‘video-films’ are similar to the larger ‘Nollywood’ Nigerian film industry, but are stylistically different, with most films including song and dance sequences influenced by Indian films and hip-hop music videos.

However, things took a turn when a sex scandal involving a leaked sex of a very popular Hausa film actress having sex with her boyfriend instigated a change in the leadership of the Kano State Censorship Board.
The actress was one of the most popular actresses back then in Kannywood, kind of like the Genevieve or Omotola of Kannywood.

She had sex with a bureau de change owner and the guy filmed the whole encounter. What we are not sure of is if she was aware he was filming it.

Like they say out there, the guy 'shagged and bragged' to his friends that he had slept with the great lady, but they didn't believe him. In a bid to convince them, he showed them the video. Unfortunately, when he left the phone unattended, one of the people he had shown the video to copied it and that is how it went viral.

The leaked sex tape caused a big scandal and it got so bad that the actress had to go into hiding for fear of her life. Some Islamists also allegedly threatened her life over the video. According to an article written at the time,
Residents of Kano State now live in fear, as Muslim groups are allegedly planning to attack the Hausa film actress over her x-rated video phone-clip circulating in the state, a move described by the Islamic group as immoral and abuse of Shariah law.

The clip caused public outcry in the state which resulted in her expulsion by the film makers association, along with 17 other members.

Executive Secretary of Kano Film Censorship Board, Alhaji Abdulkadir Kurawa, in a press release made available to THISDAY, said the banned actress’ participation in film will threaten peace enjoyed in the state.
Following the sex scandal which instigated a change in the Kano State Censorhip Board, a new director general of the Board, Abubakar Rabo Abdulkarim, formerly commandant of the hisbah (Sharia religious police), was appointed in August 2007. The board had been instituted in 2001 after the implementation of Islamic sharia law as a compromise measure between the filmmakers and the government. The censorship board enabled the films to continue being made but with some restrictions on dress and interaction between male and female actors.

Since that time till present, the board have been very strict on issues concerning male and female interaction which must follow the dictates of Sharia law.

This, I believe, is why the hammer has been very heavy on Rahama Sadau

http://www.lailasblog.com/2016/10/this-may-just-be-background-story.html

Time is precious use it wisely let not allow SHAIDAN to misguide you, make your tomorrow better than today (KUKAN KURCIYA JAWABI NE)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Are You Offended By Falz - 'This Is Nigeria' Video? - Hausa Girls React / Belindah Effah: I Was Once Referred To As Ugly Duckling / Ruth Eze: "I Want A Tall, Dark, Rich Igbo Guy, I’m Tired Of Heartbreak"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.