Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,226 members, 7,811,624 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:57 PM

Me, You, And Them: Book 3 (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Me, You, And Them: Book 3 (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) (33055 Views)

30 Days And 30 Nights (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) / All In One Night (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) / Underlying Love (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Me, You, And Them: Book 3 (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 8:52pm On Jan 05, 2019
Chapter 12

4 Weeks Later
Things had been going smoothly till one night when Judith got tempted to go through Tony’s phone and found out he had been keeping in touch with Sade. There were no text message exchanges between the both of them, just phone calls, so she wasn’t sure what was really going on. But the recent and numerous phone calls between the two had her worried. Her happily ever after story was now more like happily never after. She got paranoid and reached out to one of Sade’s coworkers at 123 who promised to help her out with some underground investigation.

It was a regular day, she had just gotten her hair done early in the morning, in preparation for a magazine shoot she had been booked for the next day and was heading home when she got a call from Rosemary, her informant at Sade’s office asking her to come to a certain location for answers.

As she drove down to Kings College Lagos, she wondered what she was going to meet. This was the secondary school Ikenna and Tony had attended, and she wondered if there was something she was missing.

Tony’s blue BMW was the first thing she saw when she arrived at the school, and when she looked closer, she saw Sade’s black Corolla parked in front of Tony’s car. She parked on the other side of the road from their cars and sat in her car for a while, trying to steady her heat beat. Her mind raced. She wondered what was going on inside. If this was a hotel, she wouldn’t have needed to think too much to know what was going on. But this was a school. What the heck are they doing at a school? She said to herself. She braced up; smoothed out the grey gown she had on and stepped out of her black Range Rover.

As she approached the big white gates of the school, she realized she hadn’t asked her informant how she would get into the school. What would I tell the people by the gate that I came to do? She thought to herself. The two young looking security guards at the gate let her in with no questions asked. Judith smiled back at them as she walked into the premises of the prestigious school. She had forgotten how popular she was. The security guards were in their early thirties and would probably have watched a few of her movies, which explained why they didn’t ask her any questions. But she still didn’t know what was going on at the school. Apart from a few cars parked here and there, the whole place looked deserted.

Judith was about dialing Rosemary’s number when she saw her up ahead, waving at her. She walked towards her lanky informant in the blue gown, her beating fast again. She almost lost her footing as she walked up the three steps that brought her up to the elevated corridor of classrooms Rosemary was standing on. Rosemary quickly grabbed her hand and helped her up. With no word exchange, Rosemary led her to the back of the classrooms, where a large football field was in view. Immediately she saw Tony in the middle of the field, she knew what was going on, and tears rolled down her eyes. Rosemary chuckled, held her by the hand and led her to the field. Halfway to the center of the field, she stopped, and let Judith continue on her own.

Tony was wearing sunshades; he took it off and hung it on the ash colored long sleeve shirt he had on as she approached him. When she was a few meters away from him, he pulled out something from his jeans pocket and went down on one knee. She stopped for a minute, turned her face to the side, and stood still with her palm covering her face. Then she wiped the tears from her eyes, put a smile on her face, and walked up to him.
“Judith, will you marry me?” Tony said with the ring held out in front of her. She smiled down at him and said, “Yes. Yes Tony, I will marry you.” He held up her hand, located her ring finger, and slipped the diamond encrusted ring into it. It fit perfectly. The ring sparkled under the sunlight when Judith lifted up her hand to check it out.

As Tony got back on his feet, there was a large celebratory roar all over the place. Judith jumped from shock. When she turned around she saw students in all the empty classes, in different color checked house wears, clapping at them with smiles on their faces. Her whole reality TV camera crew was also in place, recording everything. Rosemary and Sade were by the sidelines, standing beside some of her other friends, smiling at her. She turned around to face Tony and leaned forward to kiss him, and then hold him in a tight embrace. “I really love this. Thanks for making this unforgettable.”
“There is more.” Tony said, and she pulled away from him, searching his eyes for answers. Just then, a faint rotor noise could be heard in the sky. The sound got louder with every second. She looked up and saw a black helicopter approaching their airspace. The big black chopper started a slow decent, blowing air everywhere. She held on tightly to him as the helicopter descended, sending paper bags and small pieces of paper flying in the air. It landed about 100 meters away from them. Judith was still looking up at Tony for answers when Rosemary and Sade got to their side. “Congrats.” They echoed.
“Go with them.” Tony said out loud over the loud sound of the helicopter. “You need to get your wedding dress. We are getting married today.”
“What?” Judith said as her phone fell to the floor.

2 Likes

Re: Me, You, And Them: Book 3 (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by Ann2012(f): 2:55am On Jan 06, 2019
Wow

1 Like

Re: Me, You, And Them: Book 3 (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 11:46am On Jan 07, 2019
Chapter 13

After her hysteria and shock, she was able to embrace the idea of getting married on the same day she had been proposed to. Good thing she had just had her hair done for a photo shoot; a photo shoot she later discovered was fake. It had been put up by Sade just to make sure she looked glam for her wedding.

After the helicopter carrying Judith, Sade, and Rosemary flew off, another one landed and carried Tony and the camera crew from the reality show. Everything was captured on camera for the reality show; from the proposal, to the air flight, to the full wedding, which was held at a ocean view front of a mansion in Ikoyi, which belonged to the owner of the network that was handling their reality show. The reception followed immediately in the large compound of the opulent home. Only close family and friends were invited.

Judith had started out pre shoot session for a movie, which she was meant to be a bride in; she found out that day that that was also a fake job, set up by her agent, Tony’s friend. The glamorous wedding dress she was meant to wear in that movie ended up being her real wedding dress. A catholic priest officiated the wedding, and D Banj and Tiwa Savage performed at the wedding reception. It was a bowl.

As they slow danced to Tiwa Savage’s ballads under the white tents outside the white mansion, Judith looked up at Tony and asked, “How long did it take you to plan this?”
“Umm! About four weeks.”
“Hmm.”
“I got lots of help from Sade and your agent.” He said, and just at that moment, Judith saw Sade smiling at her in the crowd. She smiled back at her.
“Sade is such an angel.”
“Yes. She has a great heart.” Tony said and it was his turn to catch her eye in the crowd. They smiled at each other, and just before they broke eye contact, he thought he saw a longing in her eyes.
“So…I guess we live happily ever after now.” Judith said and smiled at Tony.
“Yea; happily ever after.” He repeated slowly with his eyes on her, and then they both broke into a laugh.

The End

2 Likes

Re: Me, You, And Them: Book 3 (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by skubido(m): 11:57am On Jan 07, 2019
Wow, nice wan

U too much OP, jah bless ya hand work

2 Likes

Re: Me, You, And Them: Book 3 (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by Ann2012(f): 12:24pm On Jan 07, 2019
Wow smiley

Well done OP, May God continue to increase your knowledge

2 Likes

Re: Me, You, And Them: Book 3 (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by Nobody: 6:00am On Jan 09, 2019
waw so interesting
READ MORE,COOL,LOVE,ADVENTURE AND INTERESTING STORY ON
www.emperorblog.com.ng
Re: Me, You, And Them: Book 3 (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by Kawo9ze(m): 12:37pm On Jun 17, 2021
Had to read this story again this year!
Such a fascinating story!
Welldone @Kayo80

1 Like

Re: Me, You, And Them: Book 3 (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 12:53pm On Jun 17, 2021
Kawo9ze:
Had to read this story again this year!
Such a fascinating story!
Welldone @Kayo80

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

10 Greatest Literary Writers In Nigeria History / The Story Of Stella 18+ / About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread*

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.